Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ RaEl Book1: A Long Forgotten Legacy ❯ Ra-El Chp 16-20 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 16: I Need A Hiryu

Panic and chaos issued as press and military personnel tired to escape from the stands while live ammunition fire hailed around them. One of the giant mecha units meandered towards the stands and was knocked over by an artillery shell from a rogue RCV tank and was about to tip over onto the stands where people are still evacuating. Those who saw the giant steel colossus descend upon them shielded their eyes, while some tried to take cover. The shadow of the falling metal grew larger as it fell onto the stands and suddenly stop. Those who were curious to see what happened were completely shocked by what they saw. A flying teen was now holding up the giant mecha from falling on them. He wore dark red calf high boots, black leggings with a red band around left thigh, and a blue sleeveless turtle neck muscle shirt with a sheathed sword on his back, a gold sash around his waist, and a pair of platinum bracers. The teen turned his head to the crowd in the stands and told them get out here, now. He then sent the giant mecha falling the opposite direction with a powerful punch.

Reporters that still had camera men with working cameras told them to start filming what’s going on and to get as much footage of the flying boy as much as possible. One of the rogue heli-drones sensed that one of the RCV units were no longer active and saw Ranma hovering above it. The rest of the heli-drones were signaled to make their way towards him with 30 mm cannons firing. Ranma tried to absorb as much of the barrage of gunfire as possible, while the rest of the people evacuated the stand. After the stands were cleared Ranma flew by the heli-drones and lead them over the lake. One of the heli-drones locked on Ranma and fired missile at him. Ranma tried to doge it, but it followed him closely no matter what the aerial maneuver hid did. He turned and banked till he and the missile were at a collision course with one of the other heli-drones after him. At the very last moment before missile could hit him Ranma performed an aerial back flip behind the heli-drone. The missile did not have enough time to alter its course and destroyed the drone.

At the control center Tatewaki Kuno was not taking things too well. His tech has been sabotaged, and this boy comes and wrecks his machines.

“What is he doing? That heli-drone cost forty-five billion a piece,” he yelled.

He then turned to one of the officers near him.

“Don’t just stand there! Find a way to neutralize him before he destroys all the prototypes.”

The soldier was torn between his duty and the welfare of his fellow soldiers on the field trying to fend off the rogue units.

Back over the water Ranma was still dealing with the heli-drones. Ranma dove towards the water then stopped ten feet above it, waiting for the heli-drones come near him. He continued to descend as the drones came near till the tips of his boots were touching the water. Then he raised his arms above his head, a blue orb of energy formed in between his hands as the air around him began to condense. Those who were looking at him from afar saw that he was creating a fog bank above the water. The blue sphere of energy grew brighter as Ranma prepared his attack, and when the heli-drones were just about a few meters from him, Ranma launched the blue energy sphere into the water.

“Absolute Zero revised… Neo Hydro Leviathan,” Ranma roared.

The water began to form a whirlpool and from it came a serpentine dragon made of water ascending to the heavens. The hydro-dragon then dove towards the drones, opened its gigantic maw and swallowed the four remaining heli-drones above Ranma and completely froze itself, trapping the weapons within it before falling towards the water. The sudden freezing of the rotors of drones caused the engines to overheat and explode before the giant ice serpent touched the lake. Ranma took off for the base after having dealt with the aerial trouble. He then saw a few soldiers trying to neutralize an on coming RCV tank with some assault rifles and a rocket launcher to no avail. He dove in and placed himself in between the soldiers and tank and tried push the tank back, but was slowly being dragged against the concrete.

“Go, I’ll handle this,” he cried to the soldiers.

As they were about to protest, when they saw the tank’s turret began to turn and point its cannon toward Ranma’s direction and pulled back. Ranma was relieved to see the soldiers fall back, until he returned his attention to the tank he’s trying to push back. He turned his head just in time to face the tank’s cannon a few feet from his face and chest and fire. The force of the blast sent him flying into an abandoned military jeep. He was disoriented, a little sore, and with his ears ringing and did not notice another tank running over the jeep he was imbedded in from the other side. People looked in fright as the tank crush the jeep and boy. There was a brief moment eerie silence and then suddenly the tank began to rise off the ground. A roar of cheer came from the crowd as they saw Ranma lifted the massive mobile weapon.

“Holy hell! Sullivan get a look at this,” a cameraman yelled as he showed a blond reporter what he saw through his camera.

The blond peered through the camera that was zoomed in on the teen holding up a fifty-five ton tank and was shocked to see a familiar, yet different looking symbol on the teen’s chest.

“Oh my,” she thought.

She then handed the camera back to her cameraman and said,

“This is my Pulitzer Jimmy, make sure you get everything and I swear you’ll get front row seats for the acceptance ceremony.”

Straining from the weight he’s holding up, he threw the tank at the one that shot him, sending both skidding into the lake, unknown to him that one those tanks held Nabiki Tendo in it. Ranma was catching his breath, when he was slammed to the ground by the remaining RCV mecha. The giant mecha was about step on the downed teen, when several flashes of steel sliced through the mecha’s leg and sent its lower limb crashing to the ground. However before the mecha could loose its balance and fall over, it dislodged it lower torso and began to hover. Ranma dodged various melee strikes from the now hovering mecha’s cannon arms. He then grabbed the mecha’s arm and tore off and impaled it in its chest.

After all of the mobile weapons were taken care of, Ranma flew over to the reporters, soldiers and emergency medical personnel. Ranma was mobbed when he landed near them as microphones were thrust upon him and reporters bombarded him with questions.

“Aki Mikado, Rising Suntimes. Who are you?”

“Chloe Sullivan, Daily Planet are you in any way in league with Superman,” a blond reporter asked in English.

“Misao Takanichima, Japan Sun. Are you a new Superboy?”

Ranma ignored the slew questions that were thrown at him as he was trying to concentrate in pinpointing Nabiki’s aura. He felt her presence near by but not within this crowd. Ranma then felt Nabiki’s aura and turned towards the lake. Ranma looked liked saw a ghost when he suddenly knew where Nabiki’s aura radiated from. He took off and dove in the water in search for her.

Inside the submerged tank, water filled in quickly as Nabiki tired to break away from the zip-ties the tied her hands to the tanks controls. She also noticed that there was a beeping box on her lap as the water rose past her head. Time slowly passed as Nabiki still tried to struggle out her bonds, but was soon loosing consciousness due to the lack of air. Suddenly there was the sound of metal being crushed or torn coming from outside. Nabiki saw the tank’s turret being ripped off and the last thing she saw before passing out was the image of a red dragon in front of the sun. After Ranma tore off the tank’s turret, he saw Nabiki with her hands tied to tank’s controls and unconscious with a device on her lap that was blinking. He quickly ripped off Nabiki’s bonds and took her to the surface just in time as the device exploded beneath them. When Ranma got to shore, he immediately began to do CPR on Nabiki. After a few breaths, Nabiki came coughing back to consciousness, and the first thing she saw was a pair of very familiar blue eyes and handsome face smiling at her.

“It was him, the same guy that treated her leg on that day in the bus. He’s here right now and smiling at me,” she thought at her weakened state.

“Glad to have you back, Ms. Tendo,” he said with a smile.

Nabiki blushed at his words. He then carried her bridal style and flew towards the crowd of reporters, soldiers and EMT’s. Nabiki could not believe what was happening to her. First she get captured, strapped into a tank, nearly drowns and now she’s being flow by the boy the she saw get blown into the bus a few days ago. When Ranma landed with Nabiki, he and Nabiki were bombarded by question from the press. Ranma ignored the press and made his way towards the ambulance. Ranma placed Nabiki onto one of the gurney and instructed the EMT’s to take care of her and to let him know which hospital will she be brought to. Then suddenly a sword was thrust near his neck. No one saw Ranma’s movements as he quickly drew his sword and sliced and diced the offending blade to the hilt. The entire crowd only saw Ranma flinch, sheathed his sword, and heard the click that meant that sword was locked in place as the opposing blade that fell to pieces onto the floor. An upset Tatewaki Kuno was now holding a sword hilt as the crowd laughed at him.

“You honor less cur, how dare render my machines and my blade into scrap iron. Who do you think you are,” Kuno yelled at Ranma.

“H…he’ssss myyyyy H…hi…r…ryuuuu,” Nabiki said from before fainting on the gurney.

The crowd went wild when they heard the girl say this as they shoved Kuno aside and started to address the teen before them as Hiryu. Hiryu walked passed the reporters and grabbed Kuno by the front of his shirt and coat and hoisted him off the ground.

“These weapons, are yours,” Hiryu demanded.

“How dare you manhandle the master of the house of Kuno? Unhand me at once peasant.”

“Not till you take responsibility for this mess.”

“You dare instigate this as my own doing…”

“Your toys nearly killed a lot of people today. That is no excuse.”

Kuno turned to one of the generals near by.

“I demand that this cur be arrested immediately…”

“Shut up Kuno, he’s right,” on of the generals said.

Kuno has never faced such humiliation.

“You have no honor because you made these soulless beasts to do the fighting for you. A true warrior with honor only relies on his weapon as tool and the rest on his hands and heart.”

Hiryu threw Kuno on his ass and walked to the crowd of reporters and made and announcement.

“Ladies and gentlemen, if any of you are injured during this…”

“Fiasco,” one general said yelled out.

Ranma nodded to the general who for his aid.

“If any one of you were injured during this fiasco, reporter or soldier, should send any medical bills you have to the man responsible. I’m sure Mr. Kuno here would be happy to oblige that.”

“What are you doing here,” one reporter asked.

“ Japan is my home, on my honor I will do my best to aid her and its people.”

After that Hiryu took off, leaving behind a very angry Tatewaki Kuno.

“If it takes me a life time, I will have my revenge. You shall rue the day mocked the “Blue Thunder of Japan,”” he yelled.

“Pipe down Kuno, not only will you be forking up the bill for any of my boys that were hurt in this mess you made, but for the damaged your toys made to my base as well,” a general told him.

XxX

Some time later Ranma stood atop one of his favorite thinking spots in Japan. High above the Tokyo tower, Ranma surveyed the area around him, while lost in thought.

“Am I doing the right thing?”

“It’s too late now.”

“I have no room for doubts if peoples lives depend on me.”

“I have to go on.”

“I will not waste these gifts and skill doing nothing.”

“I will live on, for her.”

“Father, Tsu-oap, please watch over me.”

Ranma took a cell phone out of his subspace and called home.

“Hello! Hi mom.”

“Hello son, is everything aright? I was expecting you quite some time ago.”

“Sorry mom, things just got in the way.”

“Its ok son. Is there something you need?”

“Yes could you send the car to Crossroad High.”

“Is something the wrong?”

“No…Maybe. You’ll see it on the news tonight any ways, I’ll explain later. Nabiki’s sister works at Mina’s… our school and she got wind of Nabiki getting into something way over her head. Any ways Nabiki is on her way to Junkay hospital and I promised Kasumi that I would have someone check on her sister. So…”

“I take it you want the car sent there you can escort Kasumi to see her sister. How gallant of you.”

“Moooom! Only you can make something simple as this sound so scandalous.”

“Well son, if haven’t noticed by now, you do have a small following of young women fawning over you.”

“Do not!”

“(Sigh) Just like you father. The car will be there shortly. Oh, after you and Kasumi get to the hospital, send it back so I can come see her too.”

“Why not come with to pick up Kasumi and me?”

“Silly boy, I still have to prepare Kasumi’s room and this will give you some time to alone with her to get to know her better.”

“Mom, if I didn’t know any better, I think that you’re trying to set me up with any girl with a pulse.”

“That’s because I’m not getting any younger and want some grand kids to spoil. I’ll see you at the hospital and do try to behave in the car with Kasumi. It just so hard to get stains out velvet seats you know. Bye”

If it weren’t for Ranma’s innate ability to fly, he would have made a gigantic face fault from the top of Tokyo tower onto Tokyo below from what his mother said. And so this day Ranma made a solemn vow to himself and to which he will try his utmost best to uphold.

“MY MOTHER AND ELDER KU-LON SHALL NEVER MEET…EVER”

Ranma decided that he’s wasted enough time hanging around here and flew off towards Crossroads High and momentarily landed onto its roof. Quickly changing to his civies, Ranma dashed through the roof entrance down the stairs while buttoning his white shirt and dark blue jacket. Ranma quickly made his way to the nurse’s office he saw Kasumi and her teacher friend right where he left them. Ranma knocked as he came in and saw Kasumi’s face lit up with hope of good news.

“Mr. Saotome,” she nearly jumped out of her seat and quickly calmed down.

Her teacher friend can’t help but giggle, because she’s never seen Kasumi act this way before to any guy.

“Too bad,” she thought, “If he wasn’t a student I’d try to seduce him to the “dark side,” Kasumi’s friend thought.

“Ms. Tendo I…”

“Kasumi, please. Ms. Tendo is what they call my mother when she was around,” Kasumi corrected Ranma.

“I just got word from my friend and your sister has fallen into lake Zutsau during the commotion and is fine. She’s been taken to Junkay hospital just to make sure she’s ok. My mother sent the car over and if you wish to see her, I can escort you there.” Ranma finished.

There was a slight blush on Kasumi’s cheeks as she thanked Ranma.

“Can I check up on Hotaru before we leave,” Ranma asked.

“Go on right ahead, I’ll be ready to leave in just a moment or two.”

Ranma made his way towards the cots and saw a pair of twins sitting with Hotaru, both looked very familiar, but Ranma could not for the life of him remember where he saw either. Both girls had deep brown eyes and long brown hair. One wore hers in a high ponytail and pair of pink rose earrings, and the other wore hers with a ribbon just above her head. Hotaru noticed her hero walked in and her face lit with joy as she called out his name.

“Ranma.”

The twin quickly turned around to see who’s gotten their little Hotaru so excited all of the sudden. They saw a tall rather well built young man looking at them as if trying to remember who they were. Then it struck them, they knew who this boy was. This was the same boy that haunted their dreams and the reason why they were so picky about guys they want to go out with.

“Oh crap,” Ranma. “I know that look and it ain’t good.”

Ranma was already taking a step back as he saw the twins get up and tears formed from their eyes. Ranma cursed his luck, as he couldn’t avoid the double Chinese style glomps the twins gave him as they as they all crashed onto the floor.

“SSSEEEMMMPPPAAAIII”

“RRRAAANNN-CCCHHHAAANNN”

Kasumi came to check in Hotaru so she could release here to her cousins care just in time to see Ranma get tackled by Hotaru’s cousins and only had one thought came to mind.”

“OH, My!”

Chapter 17: Remembering Them

After dealing with the two girls, Ranma and Kasumi left for the hospital.

“You certainly are popular Mr. Saotome,” Kasumi joked.

“I think I’m just cursed, I don’t even remember who they are, and its just Ranma Kasumi,” Ranma said as he stares out the window of the limo.

“Is something wrong Ranma? You seem to be upset. Is it because of the Kounji twins?”

Ranma suddenly felt like he was hit in the gut by a Kyoto sized meteor.

“Ranma…”

“Did you say Kounji, as in Ukyo Kounji, Oknomiyaki U-chan Ukyo Kounji,” Ranma said as he turned to her.

“Yes I do believe Ms. Kounji runs a small eatery with that name not far from the school with her sister. Do you remember them now?”

Ranma had his elbows on his knees and his face in his hand as memories he tried to forget assaulted his mind. Ranma steeled himself as he answered Kasumi.

“I don’t want to bring this up, since it’ll bring up some bad memories, but you remember that asshole Genma? You see I met Ukyo when she was staying with her uncle for the summer when she was about six or seven. We became friends, real good friends. Every morning we would spar or play together and when we were done, her uncle would give us oknomiyaki. Genma believed that my relationship with Ukyo was a hindrance to my martial arts training, so he made me choose between my best friend and the art. When I wouldn’t, he stole her uncle’s means of livelihood; an oknomiyaki cart and sold it. He lost the money in gambling and alcohol. He had the balls to pin it on me; he said that if I had made a choice, then she and her uncle wouldn’t have to suffer like they did. I couldn’t face her after that. When it was time to go, Genma made sure that I never saw Ukyo.”

“But what about Makoto, she seems to know you too?”

“To be honest I don’t remember her. Unless…”

“Well don’t keep a girl waiting Ranma, please go on.”

“There was a this girl when I was fourteen I rescued from some bullies. She said that they ganged up on her when she won a sparing match with one of their friends at a dojo they went to. She had brown hair that was always in a ponytail. I showed her a couple of pointers and practiced with her for a few days when those bullies try to mess with her… Well, lets just say that they’ll never do it again. I never did get her name, she just called me Sem…pai.”

Kasumi let out a small giggle as Ranma basicaly caught himself at what he said. When Ranma finished his tale and figured out that he did meet the Kuonji twins at one time or another, he slapped his forehead.

“Well Ranma, I truly glad that you’re nothing like Genma. I’m very glad to see that this apple fell several miles away from the tree,” Kasumi said as she touched his shoulder.

“Actually this apple belongs to a different tree all together. That piece of trash rotting in jail or a zoo right now is not my father. My real father passed away some time ago, I never met him but he left me some things that told me about the kind of man he was. Genma is nowhere close to the kind of man he was.”

“I so sorry Ranma, I didn’t mean to…” Kasumi said while blushing and pulling back her hand.

“Kasumi, don’t worry about it. If anything, I should be sorry for letting Genma drive you out of your home.”

Ranma and Kasumi arrived at the hospital with no trouble and went to see Nabiki. However it was hard to make their way towards her room as mob of police and press were blocking the way. The press was trying to get an interview with Nabiki and the police were trying to hold them back. Ranma used the same trick he did with Mina only this time he made sure that every on heard it.

“HEY!”

All went silent at the ki-enhanced shout. An officer approached Ranma and Kasumi and asked if he and the young lady were the one expected to see Ms. Tendo. Ranma introduced Kasumi to the officer as the sister of Ms. Tendo. Soon there were ushered through the mob of reporters and into Nabiki’s room.

When they got there, they saw a grumbling Nabiki watching the news on TV.

“Geez, don’t these reporters know how to put things in context, I said he was my hero, not Hiryu.”

Nabiki quickly turned to see who came and was surprised to see Kasumi and Ranma walk in.

“Kasumi, what are you doing here,” she asked.

Kasumi walked up to her sister and gave her a hug and then tapped her on the forehead.

“I saw what happened in at the military base on the news and was worried sick about you. If weren’t for Ranma reassuring me that you would be fine, I don’t know what I would have done,” Kasumi said at the verge of tears.

“What does Ranma have to do with this, as a matter of fact how do you know I’m here,” Nabiki asked as she saw Ranma still standing defiantly by the door.

“Ranma goes to the high school I work at and was in my clinic when I saw the news about the trouble at the military base. When I got worried he told me that he knew some body at the base and would see if you were injured. He also brought me here.”

Nabiki turned to Ranma and his face softened when he smile at her.

“I guess I owe you now Saotome,” Nabiki said.

“Just don’t make a habit of it, I don’t have a lot of friends and not all them can always bail you out if a jam and we’ll call it even.”

“Just who do you know in the military? You don’t seem the type to make friends in uniform.”

“A friend made sure you alright Nabiki, lets leave at that. Kasumi, I’ll let you and your sister get acquainted, while I inform my mom that we made it here in one piece. When my mother gets here Kasumi, she might want take you to where you are staying so you can gather your things.”

The way Ranma said “friend” got Nabiki thinking that maybe the one the press now calls “Hiryu” might be the friend Ranma was talking about. Nabiki immediately dismissed the thought.

“What would a superhero like him have anything thing to do with young martial artist like Ranma,” Nabiki thought.

“What ever for Ranma,” Kasumi asked.

“My mom thought that it would be safer for you and your sister to stay with us. We both feel responsible for Genma ruining the only home you’ve ever known,” Ranma said with his head tilted down.

Kasumi walked right in front of Ranma and took his hand.

“Genma is neither your or yours mother’s responsibility Ranma, but if it ease both your minds we’ll stay with you for a while, until my sisters and I can stand on our own. What about Akane, how will she take this?”

“Don’t worry about Akane, she’s staying with Sakura and aunt Nyomi. She just stated school and I believe she’s seeing someone by the way she doges the question when I ask. I think it would be best for her if stays with them,” Nabiki said from her bed.

“Why, is there a problem with her staying at the Saotome’s,” Kasumi asked as turned to look at Ranma.

“It has nothing to do with the situation sis. Ranma is a good martial artist, a real good martial artist,” Nabiki said.

Ranma never used to receiving complements just lowered his head and stared at the floor.

“Oh, you’re right. We would want to damage aunty Nodoka’s home now.”

“Listen girls why don’t you just make yourselves comfortable until mom arrives. I need some air, so I’ll see ladies later at home,” Ranma said as he opened the door.

“Aren’t you coming with us Ranma,” Kasumi asked.

“Sorry no, when I go for walks I tend to wind up near China. Don’t worry I see you home later, take care till then,” Ranma said as he exited the room.

As soon as Ranma exited Nabiki’s room reporters mobbed him. Ranma talked the officer that helped him earlier and instructed him to clear this area before his mother arrives and take the Tendo sisters home. When the officer heard who his mother was, he did not hesitate in doing what Ranma asked for. Ranma took the stairs to the roof and looked over the city.

“Come here to do a little thinking,” a feminine voice said.

Ranma turned to see who it was and was a beautiful woman with in a lab coat and a stethoscope hanging around her neck. She had long black hair tied loosely with a blue ribbon and wore glasses the made her look more attractive.

“Something like that,” he said.

“Well it does help if you talk it out.”

“I’m sorry, do I…”

“Oh, that’s right, I haven’t introduced myself. I’m Dr. Yuriko Muzino and you are,” Yuriko said as she extended her hand to Ranma.

“Saotome Ranma. Are you related to Ami Muzino,” Ranma asked as he shook her hand.

“You know my daughter,” Yuriko asked ecstatically.

“Your daughter,” Ranma said in surprise.

“Is something wrong with that?”

“Nothing, it just you look so young and…” Ranma slapped his hands over his mouth before digging his grave any further.

Yuriko laughed that now blushing young man in front of her.

“Why Ranma are you flirting with me? Are you one of those young men who get a kicks with older women,” Yuriko said seductively.

“Gahh!”

“Calm down Ranma, I was jus kidding.”

Ranma let out a breath of relief as Yuriko walked near him.

“So, how do you my little Ami-chan?”

“We go to the same high school.”

“Oh, you must be the young man she mentioned about tutoring. Well she’s a good tutor and I’m sure you’ll have no problem learning from her. However could you do one favor, since it does concern her?”

“Sure, what do you what do ya want me to do?”

“Well you know my little Ami-chan is sort of a social misfit. While I do appreciate her doing well in her studies, her social life is pretty much flat-lined. You’re the first boy she mentioned ever since that Urawa boy left some time ago.”

“She told me as much, but I already told her that I was not in a hurry to rush into a relationship and that I would like her to be one of my friends, since I ain’t got much of those. She pretty much said the same. I ain’t saying that nothing's gonna happen, I just want ya to know that I don't want to rush into anything.”

“It seems that you're far different from other boys your age Ranma. Rests assure I won’t push you and Ami in any way, I’m just glad Ami making more friends.”

Yuriko checked her watch and noticed that her break was over ten minutes ago.

“Where does the time fly,” she said. “I must get back to work. It was very nice talking to you Ranma and make sure you treat my little Ami –chan nicely, you here.”

“Hai Dr. Muzino.”

When Dr. Mizuno left Ranma felt at ease.

“Great,” he thought. “At least it ain’t no marriage arrangement, I couldn't handle another one of those.”

Ranma turned on his phantom zone aura and change into his alter ego now publicly named Hiryu by Nabiki, thanks to the press. He then quickly dispelled the phantom zone aura and brought up his mask aura and took of into the air.

“Well the world now knows about me,” Ranma thought as he flew over Juban. “Now let’s see how much of an impact I can make.”

Ranma zooms of to the horizon and with only one goal.

XxX

Metropolis Kansas, Kents loft

Smallville Kansas, Kent farm

Gotham City, bat cave

All at the same time:

“as you can see the young man currently lifting that fifty-two ton tank wore a strikingly similar symbol to Superman’s and seems to possess similar and very different powers from the "Man of Steel" as seen earlier where the young man summoned a dragon made out of water from lake Zutsau. Later the teen seen here lifting the owner of the experimental weapons that went rogue Tatewaki Kuno of TK-tech made sure that the responsibility for anyone that was hurt during this disaster military or press were his as well as any medical expenses that came with it. Who is this young man? Are we now about to face a “Reign of the Superboys” since the passing of the previous Superboy, Kon-El?”

Lois Lane was drinking her morning cup of coffee when she saw the news and did a "spit take," spewing coffee at their big screen TV when she saw the face of the young boy and all too familiar yet different shield on his chest. Kara Zor-El was painting her nails in her bedroom when she saw the same footage on her small bedroom TV and fell off her bed when she saw the young man with the family logo on his chest. Both females soon did the only thing they could when they got back their senses.

“CCCLLLAAARRRKKK”

Meanwhile below Wayne manor the brooding figure of the Bat look on with interest as he continued to watch the news of this new hero in Japan.

“Hmmnnn... Clark we have to talk…now.”

Chp 18: A Bunch Of Technical Jargon

Spinning newspaper #1

Front-page picture of Hiryu catching falling mecha over an escaping crowd

“Supa-Hriryu” Japan Sun by Misao Takanichima

Spinning newspaper #2

Front-page picture of Hiryu lifting a tank over his head with “S” dragon clearly shown

“Reign of the Superboys?” Daily Planet by Chloe Sullivan

Spinning newspaper #3

Front-page picture of Hiryu flying above lake Zutsau carrying Nabiki Tendo

“Gallant Asian Super-teen Does Dramatic Rescue” Rising Suntimes by Aki Mikado

Spinning newspaper #4

Front-page a doctored picture of Superman embracing a blackened out female figure

“Superman Fathered New Asian Super-Teen” The Enquirer by Sum Dum Shmuck

Japan Sun meeting room

Chief Rykusei was barking orders about the biggest story that ever hit Japan to all his staff.

“I want names and photos. I want this kid on all visual and audio media. Get that photographer he rescued and make her an offer. If we get her on our side, she could get us him. Get that gaijin reporter from the states, Sullivan. She works for the Daily Planet, that paper has done more coverage on Superman make her an offer to. Get another title like “Son of Japan” for the kid. Find out of he has a girlfriend, find out if he has a boyfriend. Is he Superman’s son? Get me every thing you can on this kid, now go.”

XxX

JL Watch Tower One week later

“Ma’am, we got an in coming transmission form Jurai from the head of science and technologies,” an operator said to Wonder Woman.

“Patch it through Ms. Lockeheart. I’ll talk to her,” Diana said.

The large screen opened up and a girl that looked like a twelve-year old girl with red hair in crab shaped do.

“Dr. Hakubi, to what do we owe the pleasure,” Diana greeted.

“Can the pleasantries princess, I want to talk one in charge and unless you had a sex change operation and into battle bikinis, you not him,” the little girl said.

“Why you little…”

“Wonder Woman,” Superman practically yelled as he entered the room.

“Bout time you got here little boy blue, I got that info you need,” the little girl said.

Superman turned to communications officer.

“Ms. Lockeheart please patch Dr. Hakubi to the main conference room, make sure all lines are secure, and see to it that we’re not interrupted.”

He then turned to back to the screen.

“Dr. Hakubi, I’ll be with you momentarily.”

Superman then turned to Wonder Woman who had that look in her eyes and Clark just wasn’t up to listening to whatever the Amazon princess had to say.

“We’ll talk later Wonder Woman.”

Superman left immediately after those words, leaving a rather surprised and upset Amazon princess.

Clark entered the conference room and locked the door. He took his seat at the head of the conference table and opened the COM screen.

“Sorry about that Washu, please continue with what your about to say.”

“I see that you keeping this on the sly, a little uncommon for you, but I wouldn’t past you.”

“What’s that suppose to mean?”

Washu disappeared from the screen and a feminine hand was placed over Superman’s shoulder when he leaned forward.

“Washu!”

“Calm down Kal, now sit back while I go over what I found,” an adult Washu said as she took the seat next to him, which ironically was Wonder Woman’s.

“So you did find something?”

Washu used her holo-computer and brought a screen between them and proceeded to go on about her findings.

“I ran a full chrono-spectral analysis from this galaxy, all the way to where Krypton was once located and the near by galaxies. This is the time line you arrived here on Earth; the ship you came in had a unique radioactive signature that left a trail that can barely be picked up by my advanced sensors. Which reminds me to tell you that I should overhaul all your JL equipment since most of it is way out of date.”

“You have my word that you can do all the necessary updates after you tell me what you’ve found.”

“Well ok then. You arrived here on Earth roughly thirty-seven years ago Earth standard time. However if you count the light-years it took to travel from Krypton to here, it would be about twelve thousand years, give or take a few hundred or so years here and there.”

“Is there a point to this Washu?”

“I was getting to that. Any way, if you factor all the time variables, I could actually calculate your actual age in Earth units from about the day you were born, till now to about twelve thousand six hundred and thirty seven years, give or take.”

“What?”

“I’m saying, you’re just about old enough to date me.” Washu said with a smile.

“Dammit Washu get serious. Was any other signatures detected prior to my arrival that were of Kryptonian origin,” Superman said as he stood form his seat.

“Sit down Kal-El, or I’ll broad cast the fact that Earth’s favorite superhero moonlights as a desk jockey to pay the bills all over the planet,” Washu said as she pushed the “Man of Steel” back to his chair with her index finger on his shield.

“Back to business. This is your ships signature when it came to Earth thirty-seven years ago, the second Kara’s signature when she arrived year and a half ago. A third signature arrived on Earth roughly eighteen years ago. Oh and get this, that very same signature left Earth roughly six months in Earth time later. It was headed towards Krypton.”

“And?”

“And what I lost the signal the signal when I had to help power the GL Corp. rings now and then to hold that screwball version of Superboy inside that red sun in Sigma 6.”

“But nineteen years ago I…”

“It was you senior prom and you rescued you former beloved Lana Lang from a tornado that engulfed her pickup and…”

“How do you know this stuff about me?”

“Since I can time travel, I went to far off future and bought on of your self published biographies, see,” Washu said as she showed him a holo-book entitled “Memories of Forever.”

“Oh come on, I swore never to be that egotistical as to write on my own biography.”

“I guess you’ve just about done everything by the year 86,000 AD.”

“Start again, I’m “still” alive by the year 86,000 AD?”

“Funny you said something very similar to that to Superman of the 853rd century.”

“Now cut that out, we’re supposed to talk about any other possible Kryptonian survivors.”

“Fine. Geez, you’re just as vanilla as you biography. Okay of the different signatures from the three Kryptonian ships, the one in the middle; the unknown one showed an excess of Xenothium-prime trace particles. This meant that that ship was an older model than the ships you and Kara came to Earth with, since neither your or Kara’s ships produced Xenothium-prime particles.”

“So that meant that that ship should have been here before Kara or I.”

“Bingo!”

“So how come it didn’t it get here before either of us?”

“It’s real simple really, both you and Kara’s ships were the new better models that had a better FTL (Faster Than Light) drives.”

“But that doesn’t answer why it got here after me, but before Kara.”

“I’m getting to that. The ships that carried you and Kara were far more advanced than the unidentified Kryptonian ship, so both Kara’s and your ships were faster than this one. Simply put, both you and Kara came here to Earth running on warp 9 and this one barely got here on impulse. However, this ships signature also had some trace of Schuster particles on it. Schuster particles can only be acquired when something is affected by a temporal anomaly, such as black holes or temporal misplacement. This was possibly caused by that phenomena you Earthers called “Crisis on Infinite Earths” eight years ago.”

Washu gave Superman a moment to absorb all this in as she thumbs through the screens of his biography from the future.

“So were you ever gonna tell me that all this research was done to look for your undocumented uncle from you old man’s side of the Kryptonian family tree,” Washu asked.

What Washu said broke through Superman’s thoughts and suddenly noticed that she now knew why he asked her for help.

“How did…” Superman asked as he turned to her and saw here reading his future biography. “Dammit Washu, burn that thing. If any body gets a hold of that…”

“Yeah, yeah! I saw the movie too you dope. Any way, now that you now this, you’re gonna go after that kid in the news. The one wearing the family logo and making a name for him self in the east as the “Sun Dragon.””

“Washu…” Superman said as he got up from his chair and tired to grab her.

Washu however dematerialized before he could do so and popped up a screen in front of him.

“Jinkeys, you’re no fun. The Bat’s rubbing off on you, a little too much. He’s never fun, he and all his incarnations. Any ways, I’ll be back next week or so to upgrade the tower’s systems. Hope you’re more hospitable then. Bye.”

After that, the screen disappeared and Clark was left to his thoughts. He walked to the observation window looked over the Earth. He looked particularly over Japan where this Hiryu showed up a bout a week ago. He even went there now and then to see if he could catch him in the middle of anything, but the kid was very good at the rescue and flee tactic. His thoughts were disturbed when the doorbell rang. Superman sat back down in his chair and punched a few codes on the conference table console and the door opened. Wonder Woman came in and sat next to him. Superman couldn’t face her; he didn’t know what to say. Wonder Woman placed her hand over his.

“Kal what’s going on? You’re keeping secrets, brooding more than usual and Bruce is cracking jokes. Your recent behavior borders more on his style and even every body in the tower have started a pool in whether the apocalypse is on his way or you and Bruce’s minds were switched by the Mad Hatter.”

Superman’s reaction startled Diana as he started to laugh, really laugh like a huge weight was lifted from his shoulders and that everything’s gonna be alright. Diana was taken back as Superman wiped a tear from his eye and banged his fist on the conference table causing a huge dent on it. He then got up from his chair and gave Dian a hug and tenderly placed a kiss on her cheek. He then let her go and went to the exit. He briefly stopped by the double doors and turned to her.

“Thanks Diana, I really needed that, more than you know,” Superman said as he continued to laugh as he exited the room, leaving behind a blushing and utterly confused Diana.

XxX

It has been also a week since the Tendo sisters has moved into the Saotome home. Kasumi has managed to talk Nodoka to letting her help with the house hold chores and Nabiki miraculously was hired to be a photographer for the Japan Sun newspaper. Ranma divided his time between his heroic and personal duties. Nodoka has never felt so good, the hustle and bustle through the house made it feel like home and the current residents family. The Saotome home was alive again.

One morning Kasumi was preparing breakfast when she saw Nabiki walk in the kitchen, which puzzled her lately since Nabiki was never a morning person. For the past few days she see her sister get up and walk like a zombie into the kitchen grab a cup of coffee and stare out the window by the microwave.

“Nabiki,” Kasumi said.

“Hhmmnn,” Nabiki responded

“You’re not usually a morning person, so what’s got you waking early recently,” Kasumi asked.

Nabiki looked at her wristwatch and mentally counted down the seconds and then answered her sister.

“Sshhh sis, here he comes just like clock work,” Nabiki said as she pointed out the window.

Kasumi turned her attention to the window that leads to the backyard. Momentarily Ranma came vaulting over the wall covered in sweat from a long jog and went into a complex kata. The two girls two stood there silently as they watch the young handsome Saotome move his well toned body into precise dance that left nothing to the imagination. Ranma stopped his kata and took out a bottle of water, leaned his head back and drank the water like man dying of thirst. Both girl’s eyes wandered from his abs, chest, broad shoulders, and stopped to count the number of times his Adam’s apple danced as he continued to drink the water. Ranma then stopped drinking and poured the remainder of the bottle over his face and head. Kasumi and Nabiki held their breath as they watched the water cascade all over his face and body. Both sisters were mesmerized as they traced various beads of water slide over his muscles.

“OH! MY!” came from Kasumi

“Ditto sis,” replied Nabiki

(AN: I’m a guy writing this under the instructions of my girlfriend, as she said before that I couldn’t write a steamy scene to save my life. So the following you’ve just read was her idea spanning from reading way too may romance novels, watching Grey’s Anatomy, and that last episode of ER with John Stamos in the shower with cute looking intern in the show.)

“Enjoy the show girls,” came from Nodoka as she entered the kitchen.

“Eeeppp,” came from the Tendo girls blushing as they were caught red handed.

“We’re sorry aunty, we didn’t mean to…” Kasumi couldn’t finish her words when she smelled something in the air and rushed to the oven and took out a burnt tray of muffins.

“Ohh, my banana muffins.”

XxX

Downtown Juban TK-tech tower:

Tatewaki Kuno sat on his large leather chair watching clips of Hiryu’s exploits on several monitors while plotting his revenge. Suddenly the large double doors to his office opened and a very beautiful woman slight younger than Tatewaki in a black business blazer and miniskirt came in. Here shoulder length black hair was tied by simple violet ribbon, her violet eyes can be seen through rimless glasses and violet lipstick colored lips smiled at him.

“Kodachi, to what do owe the pleasure sister? You were suppose to be in the states helping Mercy salvage what’s left of Lex Corp.” he asked.

Kodachi took a seat in front of her brother’s desk.

“Father wanted me to check on you. After that whole disaster with the military last week, he wanted me here to do some damage control,” she said she fingered a rose in a vase on her brother’s desk.

“I’m handling it sister, you should return back to Metropolis.”

“He’s quite handsome, maybe I should stay a while and entertain myself with this new “Son of Japan,”” Kodachi said as she looked at the footage.

“Of all the outrageous. That’s my title, bestowed upon me by the emperor himself,” Tatewaki yelled as stood form his seat.

“Not anymore brother,” Kodachi said as she placed a current newspaper on his desk with the headline “Hiryu Son of Japan” and the teen’s picture holding up a masked gunman with his right hand and crushing his gun with his left.

“So brother dear, what are you going to do about this? I’m all ears about your glorious plans,” Kodachi asked.

“What any good king would do when a dragon attacks his kingdom my dear sister. I hire a Dragon Slayer.”

Chp 19: Hide & Seek, All 2gether Now

Crossroads High Juban lunchtime:

Ranma was skulking through the halls of Crossroads ducking behind lockers, doors, water fountains, and any structures that allowed him some cover. Yes folks for lack of a better description our hero is hiding, or the very least avoiding someone. He was so busy concentrating on that, that he never saw the mischievous blond in glasses walk right behind him holding a small audio device and press play.

“Sempai, Ran-chan,” both came from the device.

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

Ranma nearly jumped out of his skin, but instead, he just imbedded himself to the ceiling of the eight floor. After getting himself out of the new hole of the ninth floor, he saw Mina practically rolling on the floor laughing.

“That ain’t funny Mina-Chan,” he said as he dusted himself off.

“Yeah, but you should’ve seen you face. It looked something like this,” she said as she showed him his reaction in small video recorder.

Suddenly Ranma’s sixth sense noticed someone walking down the hallway.

“Sorry Mina, I got to go. I’ll walk home with you and Ganseki later,” Ranma said as he swan dived out the window.

Mina ran to the window yelling, “Ranma we’re on the eighth floor.”

Mina saw Ranma land on nearby tree branch, back flipped to a one handed handstand on the fourth floor window ledge, and jack-knifed onto the ground running towards the baseball field. Ranma ducked into the abandoned school lot where he found Hotaru last week. Ranma was about to turn on the corner where an old wall ended, when Makoto Kuonji blocked his path. Ranma was about turn around and make a break for it, but was trapped when Ukyo leapt off the wall to block his path.

“Sempai, what gives? You’ve been avoiding us for a week,” Makoto said she tried to approach him.

“That’s right. Come on Ran-chan, would you at least talk to us. I really missed my best friend,” Ukyo said drawing near as well.

“And I miss the young boy who helped me train so that no one would mess with me,” Makoto added.

“Well ain’t this touchy,” a gruff voice said coming from the other side of the wall.

Suddenly the local school hooligans surrounded Ranma, Makoto, and Ukyo. Three of them looked familiar, like the trio that picked on Hotaru sometime ago.

“That’s him, the demon who took us out last week,” one of the familiar ones said.

“Makoto, Ukyo get out of here,” Ranma yelled as he pushed the girls through the crowd of boys.

“But,” cried out Ukyo.

“Go,” called out Ranma as the boys mobbed him.

Makoto grabbed Ukyo’s hand and made run for it.

“Mako-onisan, what about Ranma? We can’t…”

“I know, now help me make sure no one’s around so we can call for back up,” Makoto cut her off.

When both sisters knew the coast was clear, a lighting bolt came from the heavens striking the ground near them and formed a gold-hooped staff with rings lining the hoop. Both sisters grabbed the staff and tapped on the ground causing the rings to chime as they cried,

“Raiden Protect Us!”

A column of wind surrounded Ukyo shredding her school uniform off and replaced it with a white and gold version of her cannon oknomiyaki chef’s outfit with a gold kanji of Fujin on the back. A choker with a wind charm appeared around her neck and her hair was held by white and gold ribbon. In her hands appeared a short spear about three and half feet long with two and a foot long serpent’s tongue blade at the end that opened up like a fan.

(AN: Closest thing I could think of as battle spatula-like weapon. To see what the spearhead looks like, watch Mortal Kombat Annihilation and see Kitana’s fans during her fight scene with Rain or Ermac and imagine that at the end of stick.)

Electricity coursed through Makoto’s body burning her uniform away and replaced by a blue and gold sleeveless gi top with a gold sash and a gold kanji for Raijin on her back. Dark brown leggings adorned her legs with split toed ninja shoes, and a pair of blue and gold elbow length fingerless gloves materialized on her arms. A pair of silver tonfas appeared strapped to her thighs, a choker with lightning charm manifested around her neck, and her hair done in high ponytail held by a blue and gold ribbon.

Makoto and Ukyo hurried back to where Ranma was and jumped on the wall and called out their battle speech.

“The daughters of Raiden will not stand for this and strike upon those evil in their…”

Both sisters stopped in mid speech as they saw Ranma standing tall among a heap of unconscious teens and dusting off his hands. Both sisters had matching sweat drops by their head and matching wide-eyed expressions on their faces. Ranma straightened out his clothes and stared at the two girls standing on top pf the wall.

“Oy Mako-chan, U-chan! Didn’t I tell ya ta get out of here, and what’s with those get ups,” Ranma said as he kicked off one of the teens blocking his way and jumped on the wall the two girls were on.

“Mako-chan? Who’s that? I’m Raijin and this ins my sister Fujin,” Makoto said and laughed nervously.

“Ok what ever, I got to get back before…”

Lunch bell signal rang stating that the lunch break was now over before he could finish and Ranma jumped off the wall.

“You girls better hurry get dressed and get back before you get detention, we’ll talk later. Mina knows where I live, go ask her,” Ranma called as he ran back towards the school.

Makoto and Ukyo were left stunned and speechless.

“How could Ranma possibly know who we were while under the influence of Raiden’s magic,” they thought.

When they got back their senses the quickly transformed to their normal selves and headed back towards school.

Somewhere in the heavens a sliver haired “Goddess of the past” just had to tease the “Thunder God” next to her as they monitored the realm below them.

“Daughters of Raiden? Aren’t they a little bit presumptuous to using that title,” She asked in her chibi form.

Raiden was grinding his teeth so hard that arcs of electricity were flying off his face besides his eyes. Raiden mentally called forth a lightning bolt and fried the silver haired chibi “Goddess of the past” for her remark. The goddess then returned to monitoring the mortal realm after coughing out a puff of smoke.

“I should have listened to Kami-sama when he told me help that shaolin kid in tournament thing for the fate of the world, but nooooooooo. I had to choose to help those two girls. At least they’re not running a round in fukus chanting about defending love and justice. Noooooo, they just do their hero thing in my name and claim to be my daughters,” Raiden thought.

Ranma ran quickly through the school halls carefully not using his super speed so that there won’t be a mess to clean up later, but to no avail. He was still late for his Japanese history class.

“Mr. Saotome, you’re late again. You know the drill, buckets out in the hall with you,” a neon pink haired teacher said as she pointed to the door.

“Hai Kazami sensei,” Ranma said dejectedly as he took his usual place out side the class.

Minutes later, Ukyo came running down the hallway and busted through Ranma’s history class. Ukyo was in so much of a hurry being late and all, that she did not see Ranma on the other side of the door when she slammed it open. The result, Ranma sandwiched between the door and wall, which left an imprint of Ranma arms raised with thumbs, index and, pinky fingers sticking out on the wall of the history class Mizuho Kazami was teaching.

“Ms. Kounji, you’re late as… Mr. Saotome,” Mizuho she wound up yelling as she saw the Ranma shape imbedded in the wall.

“Ran-chan,” Ukyo called as ran out of the class, closed the door and saw Ranma looking rather upset in his current state as a filling for door and wall sandwich.

“Ran-chan, I’m really sorry. I didn’t see you there,” Ukyo said as helped him out of the wall.

“Is Mr. Saotome alright,” Ms. Kazami asked when she exited her class.

“Geez U-chan, I told you that you’re gonna be late. How long does it take to change out if that Fujin get up of yours any ways,” Ranma asked as Ukyo.

“Ahahahahahahaha! I think he hit his head, I should take him to the nurse’s office,” Ukyo said to Ms. Kazami as she slapped her hand over Ranma’s mouth.

“Very well Ms. Kounji,” Ms. Kazami said as she issued them passes to the nurse’s office.

On the way there while Ranma was not paying attention to her, Ukyo called Makoto in her wrist COM and told her the she and Ranma were on the way to nurse’s office and that this would be a good time to trap Ranma into talking with them. When they got there Ranma saw Makoto talking to Kasumi.

“Ranma, Ukyo, what brings you here today,” Kasumi asked.

“I was rushing to class and slammed the door on poor Ran-chan here. Ms. Kazami gave us passes here to see you and you know the other thing,” Ukyo said with a wink.

“Well then I guess I’ll leave Ranma in both your cable hands,” Kasumi said, as she was about to exit her office for an undisclosed amount of time.

“Kasumi onegai,” Ranma plead as shook his head at her begging her not to leave.

(AN: Onegai Please)

“I just remembered someone I was suppose to talk to, I’ll back shortly,” Kasumi said as she tossed the key to the clinic to Makoto.

Ranma tried to catch before she did, but failed. He also tried to grab the key from her but failed to do so when she tossed casually down her blouse. Kasumi then left and locked the door behind her leaving the three to long needed confrontation.

“Aright sempai, no more running away,” Makoto said as she pointed to chair on front of her and her sister.

“That’s right. Tell us everything, specially how you can tell it was us even thought we were magically disguised,” Ukyo said as she took the seat next to her sister.

“Hai. Where do you want me to start,” Ranma asked as he took a deep breath and took the seat before the twins.

“Ran-chan, we just want to know what has happened all this time. I lost my best friend and …” Ukyo said a she reached for his hand.

“U-chan right sempai, you may not know it but you had a major impact in both our lives and you just disappeared. We never gave up looking for you and even when we were blessed by Raiden’s powers we tried to look for you, though we help out other people to. So please, if it’s not a bother to you… Maybe we could…” Makoto said as she took both her sister’s and Ranma’s hand in hers

Ranma looked at both girls as their confidence wavered as he looked at them. Both had hopeful and worried looks in their eyes and it broke his heart to hurt these girls who probably took as much time as he did looking for his mother trying to look for him. Ranma closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he opened his eyes to look the twins holding their breaths for his response and said,

“Hello my name is Ranma Saotome, I’m a wandering martial artist who just recently returned home and reunited with my family and I just found out that some friends of mine form way back still wants to be friends with me after all this time and even went out of their way to look for me.”

And so I as the author of this fic I leave Ranma to dig himself out of this predicament as I focus on other characters of this fic. I’ll leave what he tells the Kounji girls to your imagination and fill you in what he tells them later.

XxX

Cherry Hill temple Juban:

A pig-tailed boy ascended the steps to the temple where he’ll be spending the next year in. His cousin made it big in America as an actress and left the temple but asked if he could help out a bit since had the training from his grandfather where he grew up. When he reached the top of the steps, he saw an old man in temple robes sweeping the grounds.

“Can I help you young man,” he asked when he turned around and saw him.

“Grandpa Hino, it’s me. Grandfather Yosho sent me here since you needed a little help running the place after cousin Rei left for the US,” the pig-tailed youth said.

“Oh you sprouted up into a tall young man. I’m glad that you could come, but what about Yosho? Who’s helping him,” Grandpa Hino asked.

“Ayeka some how managed to drag him back home for a long over due family reunion he won’t back for a while, unless he gets out of one Washu’s contraptions,” the boy said as he scratched the back of his head and laughed.

“What?”

“Never mind. When do you want me to start?”

“Day after tomorrow. Tomorrow you can go register for school, just because you’ll be helping around here, doesn’t mean that you get skip school. That much I promised Yosho before you got here. You can take the room at the end of the hallway from mine. It used to be Chad’s that no good gaijin ran away to America and took my precious granddaughter with him…”

The pig-tailed boy snuck pass Grandpa Hino as he went on about his ingrate granddaughter and gaijin singer running off together to the states.

He made his way the room grandpa Hino said he could use and began to unpack his things. Among his things was an interesting looking sword handle. It looked like it was made of a cross between white ash and ivory in simple braid about a foot and a half in length with three crimson spheres imbedded on both sides of the rounded pommel. The boy took the handle and held it tightly and from it sprang a three and half foot glowing blade of energy. Markings appeared on his face, two dots on his forehead and pair of lines and triangles on his cheeks below his eyes. He took a few practice swings with the energy sword, before he placed it into subspace and his facial markings vanished as well. He fixed the room he was suppose to stay in prayed for an interesting year in his stay in Juban.

XxX

Basement of Mina Kupida’s house:

Mina was adjusting a few things in Ganseki’s bracer cannon as Ganseki waked in.

“Perfect timing Seki-kun, I just modified your “Buster Cannon” so it doesn’t over heat any more. You can also now use it for a charged shoot for more power, but don’t hold any charge longer than one full minute, because it will over heat if you do. Go on try it,” Mina said a she hands him his “Light” watch.

“Thank you Mina, I’m really sorry for keeping this from you,” Ganseki said as he put on the watch.

“I forgive you, I know you did it to find Dr. Tomoshibi, the man who raised you. So any luck in finding him?”

“No, when I left the US after he disappeared, Dr. Tomoshibi’s assistant gave this watch to me saying that Dr. Tomoshibi would have wanted me to have it. I didn’t even know what it could do till I was attacked by robot ninjas while I was goin through Dr. Tomoshibi’s lab in Yokohama trying to find clues to where he could be.”

“Did you at least find anything useful in Yokohama though?”

“I did find out that Dr. Tomoshibi had a partner in the micro-cybernetics program sometime ago. His name was Dr. Kyiotae Waillie, they were good friends and partners, but as their research got heated up, they became bitter rivals and parted ways.”

“You think that this Waillie Kyiotae guy has got something to do with Dr. Tomoshibi’s disappearance?”

“I don’t know, as of late I can’t find hide or hair of the guy.”

“Well try out your “Buster Cannon” while I go see what I can find. I got this online friend called Oracle from the states that’s a real wiz in digging up dirt on people, I’m sure she’ll be able to help us out.”

“Alright. Mega Man, X-cess,” Ganseki called out as a blue light engulfed him and slowly faded leaving Ganseki decked out in blue and white form fitting battle armor with gold trims. On his helmet was gold “M” as well as on his utility belt buckle. His eyes were hidden behind dark visors from his helmet, which also acts as a head up display (HUD) for other function for the suit.

Mina clicked her remote and opened up small firing range in her lab with some targets ready to used.

“Go on ahead try it out,” Mina said.

Ganseki raise his left arm and it transformed to a powerful looking arm cannon. He picked a target and locked on it with the HUD systems on his visor and helmet and took a shot at the target.

“BUSTER CANNON” Ganseki cried as a large sphere of yellow light the size of a basketball shot out from his cannon arm and destroyed the target.

“Amazing Mina-chan, I can’t even feel it heat up. Lets take up a notch,” he said as he readied himself for another shot.

“BUSTER CANNON RAPID FIRE” Ganseki cried out as baseball sized yellow spheres shot out from his cannon arm hitting multiple targets.

“Sugoi! It’s not even warm, you’re wonderful Mina –chan”

(AN: Sugoi Amazing)

“Try the charge mode, just remember not to go over a minute of charging or it will over heat.”

Ganseki charged his arm cannon and began to glow and shake, he took aim and fired a large beach ball sized orb of light with a cry of “HYPER BUSTER CANNON.” The recoil from the shot was a little too much to handle and Ganseki wound up blasting the wall a few meter from him and Mina.

“Gomenasai Mina, I didn’t know that recoil would be that strong, I guess I better brace my self when ever I use the charge option,” he said as he took of his helmet and surveyed the damage he done.

“Don’t worry about it, I’m just glad that Brianna and Gina convinced me to line this whole house with duriliuim. Even Superman would have to work up sweat to bust in here,” Mina said as she programmed her pebos to start clean up and repairs.

“Mina-chan you are truly amazing,” Ganseki said as plucked her glasses of her face and leaned in for a kiss.

Mina wrapped her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss with simple thought going through her mind.

“My Mega Man”

XxX

Kasumi’s clinic Crossroads HS:

Kasumi unlocked her clinic and came in to a sight to be held to her. Ukyo clinging to Ranma’s shirt crying and babbling about how sorry she was that he had a horrible childhood. Makoto was busy kicking the cabinet nearby with little lightning bolts swirling about her while cursing out Genma for all the things he did to Ranma. Kasumi looked at Ranma with a somewhat confused smile on his face, which meant that everything was going to be all right. Suddenly Kasumi’s friend came in babbling about some giant robot on the news downtown. Kasumi quickly opened the slightly damaged cabinet and turned on the TV in it and every body watched what’s going on down town.

“Hiryu, you hear me. I’m calling you out. I the great Miguel Dai Gogi the greatest mecha pilot who face a dozen armored mechas challenges you. You hear me the safety of all who cross my path will be on your head. Fight me,” came from a loud speaker from the giant mecha rampaging down town on the TV.

“Oh my,” Kasumi said.

“We should go help those people,” Makoto said to Ukyo.

Suddenly the Kounji twins noticed that Ranma was no longer in the room with them.

“Kasumi please excuse us, we got make a phone call to our uncle works down town, we want to make sure he safe,” the Kounji twins said as they both exited the clinic.

Kasumi waved good-bye to the twins when they left, when she felt a gust of wind come from the window blowing papers off her desk. Kasumi closed the windows when she saw a black, blue and red streak across the sky.

“That’s odd that window is never usually open till mid summer or early fall,” she thought as she watches her friend Mihoshi watch the news on her TV and not noticing that what just occurred.

Mina Kupida’s basement:

“Ay yay yay yay yay! There is giant robot attacking don town,” A saucer headed robot with blinking lightning symbol on its chest cried in Mina’s basement interrupting the Ganseki and Mina’s game of tonsil hickey.

“Sorry Mina-chan but I got see if I can help,” Ganseki said.

“Just make sure you be careful ok,” Mina said.

Ganseki nodded his head as he donned his helmet.

“Artemis teleport Megaman to downtown Juban, this priority one. Good luck Blue Bomber,” Mina added as Ganseki gave her the thumbs up and vanished.

Cherry Hill temple:

The pig-tailed boy ran out of the house and passed grandpa Hino after seeing the news on TV.

“Oy Tenchi! Where are you goin in such a rush,” grandpa Hino called out.

“I’m just going to see what down town Juban looks like grandpa Hino, I’ll be back soon.”

Chp 20: Sukkari Issho (All Together)

Police and JDF forces could not hold back the metal colossus as downtown Juban took the brunt of its tirade. The giant green mecha continued to wreak havoc and sent a red convertible airborne with a kick. The car hurtled in the air and the female driver screamed in the traditional comic-book damsel in distress manner. The car suddenly stopped in mid air, but the driver didn’t, which meant that it does pay to wear you seatbelt just for safety’s sake. Hiryu let out and inaudible curse as he saw the driver fly out of the car and was about drop it to rescue the driver. Suddenly he saw the driver’s decent stop and she began to hover in a column of wind that held her in place and on the street below her he saw Fujin with arms raised controlling the force of the wind and lowering the female driver.

“Thanks Fujin,” he called out and winked at her.

Fujin saw who was holding the red car in the air and her eyes turned into heart shapes and lost control of the wind column, which dropped the driver. Luckily for her it was about three feet from the cement by that time. The drive was glad that she wasn’t dead, but still peeved at her rescuer’s lack of style.

“Oh my god, you’re Hiryu and you know my name,” Fujin said and deliberately left out the “Oh my god you’re such a hunk,” out.

Hiryu said nothing else, as he knew that sort of look from a girl his age, but made a front by looking at her puzzled.

“Ms. Are you alright,” he asked female driver as she got on her feet.

The female driver nodded her head and blushed like schoolgirl when Hiryu flashed her his “lady killer” smile.

“Mind if I borrow your car,” he asked as he lightly tossed the vehicle and caught it by the under carriage.

“It’s a “stick-shift”,” she called out.

“That ain’t a problem,” Hiryu said as he flew off towards the hulking mass of steel.

The giant mecha started to shoot its heavy machineguns as people dove for cover. Suddenly lightning bolts shot out and hit the metal beast on the back and when it turned around to see who it was the pilot was surprised to see a teenage girl firing bolts of lightning from her silver tonfas.

“All right buddy you reign of terror ends her, so said the daughters of Raiden,” Raijin said.

“The great Miguel Dai Gogi alone or in mobile suit has bested fifty armed soldiers of many nations and you little girl…”

Clang,Crunch… Boom, interrupted his speech as a red convertible came out of nowhere and hit the giant mecha in the head, blew up, and sent it staggering back with its machineguns firing. Bullets were headed towards Raijin as she closed her eyes and suddenly felt like she was being carried in someone’s arms. When she opened her eyes, she saw that she was flying through the air and not Swiss cheese. She turned to see who her “Hiryu” was and were confronted with a pair of the most beautiful blue eyes she’s ever seen. A blush crept on her cheeks and thought that this guy looked like her sempai.

“What the heck am I thinking about,” Raijin thought. “I just got my sempai back. Still, he is gorgeous.”

Raijin snuggled closer to his chest, which made Hiryu look at the girl in surprise.

“A…are you ok,” he asked nervously.

Raijin nodded. Hiryu then landed near Fujin and slowly let Raijin down.

“Look girls I’m really am thankful for the help, but I don’t want to see you guys get hurt,” he said.

“We still want to help, we’re a lot tougher than we look,” Raijin said as flexed her arm.

“That’s right we can help you out, we could distract him for you and you can take him out when he’s busy with us,” Fujin added.

“But…” Hiryu couldn’t finish when he was assaulted by a double douse of puppy-dog eyes by both girls.

This withered what little resolve he had left and nodded his head.

“All I need now is for a girl bad guy to start doing that and my career in this hero gig is so over,” he thought as the girls passed him.

“Hey, wait for me,” he called out to the girls as he took in to the air.

“Fujin help those people find a place to hide, while distract this bucket of bolts,” Raijin called out as jumped to the rooftops.

Fujin nodded and went about to help the by standers find cover. Raijin kept shooting lightning bolt at the mecha and when it turned to take a swing at her, Hiryu dove in with a powerful kick that sent the mecha teetering back into a building.

“No one dares. The great Miguel Dai Gogi “the greatest mecha pilot ever” bested 100 soldiers in mobile suit unarmed,” came from the mecha then fired a rocket towards Hiryu and Raijin.

Hiryu dove for it to and was blown on to the street as the giant mecha got to its feet and went towards the fallen teen. Hiryu lay on the concrete, his chest hurting from the rocket’s explosive impact.

“Rockets and missiles defiantly hurt more than a tank shell,” he thought.

Suddenly he saw the foot of the giant mecha descending on him, he tired catch the foot but found out that mecha was stronger than him as he began to sink through the concrete. Raijin tried to jump down to help him but was caught in the giant mecha’s hand.

“Let go of my sister you over grown soda can,” Fujin said as used her wind powers to lift up a car and tossed it at the mecha.

The car wound up bouncing off its armor as Hiryu was now pinned under the mecha’s foot. Without warning a blue streak passed by the mecha’s forearm that held Raijin slicing it clean off. The hand that held her opened as it fell and a boy in an indescribable battle kimono and strange marking on his face caught her. Raijin thanked him but was worried about Hiryu who was still pinned beneath its massive foot. Suddenly three huge blasts of energy slammed into the mecha sending it reeling back. The boy in the kimono jumped towards it and took a swing at its chest and making it stagger back some more. A blue armored boy approached Hiryu and held out his hand to help him up. Hiryu saw the boy reach out to him and when he took his hand to help him up he felt his aura through his armor and knew who it was behind the visor.

“I hope Mina knows about this,” he thought.

“You ok Hiryu,” Megaman asked.

“I’m good. Megaman right,” he said as made up his mind to keep his secret. “I heard a lot of good things about you.”

“Like wise. What do say we go help that lone samurai there, sounds like plan,” Megaman replied.

“Sounds good to me. What about you girls,” Hiryu said with grin as he turned to Fujin and Raijin.

The girl’s faces lit up at what he said as they both nodded their heads.

“All right let’s go. ISSHO,” Hiryu called out as he took to the air.

Fujin took off into the air after him, followed closely behind by Megaman and Raijin who roof hopped behind them.

The boy samurai was currently dodging the mecha’s gunfire or deflecting it with his light blade, when he saw a missile headed towards him. He raised his arm to and formed a shield of light that barley covered his body let along the blast of the incoming projectile. A burst of yellow energy stuck the missile and blew it up before reaching him from above. When the boy samurai looked up saw the blue armored boy smiling at him holding out his cannon-arm that was still smoking.

“Thanks…umm,” he called out.

“It’s Megaman and these two are Raijin and Fujin,” Megaman said as he introduced himself and the “Raiden Twins” beside him.

“Hitaka, I’m called Hitaka,” the samurai boy called out.

“Mind if give you a hand then Hitaka,” Hiryu said as he flew over him at near his max speed and shoulder rammed the mecha sending it crashing into another building.

“That’s Hiryu,” Megaman added.

When the giant dislodged itself from the building it looked worse fore ware and Hiryu knew that this is the time to take it out.

“He’s going down,” Hiryu said as turned to all the teen heroes to who helped. “Let’s finish this.”

“Sukkari Issho,” they all cried out as they all let out various attacks.

“Lightning Arc,” Raijin called as he swung her tonfas like Guile’s “sonic boom” animation and sent an arc of blue lightning towards the mecha.

“Hurricane Cutter,” Fujin cried as she created a tornado headed towards the mecha slicing various non-heavily armored parts off it.

“Light Hawk Arrows,” Hitaka called out as five wings of iridescent light appeared behind him and turned into arrows that launched towards the mecha.

“Hyper Buster Cannon,” Megaman called out a beach ball sized sphere of yellow energy was sent to the mecha.

Hiryu raised his fist into the air and brought it down to the concrete and cried, “Geo Bahamut.” A large fissure tore through the city street and from it a large stone serpentine dragon came fourth and flew towards the mecha and shattered on impact.

The giant mecha now completely trashed fell face first to the city street as all the teen heroes struck a pose with the exception of Hiryu. Turned to his fellow heroes with a confused look.

“Um… guys what are doing? Waiting for an explosion behind you wit puff of multicolored smoke,” He asked.

All of the sudden the people came our of their hiding spots and began to cheer and chant the teen’s names. Without any warning the mecha’s head opened up and the pilot fell out. Hiryu walked up to the fallen pilot and grabbed him by the scruff of his pilot’s uniform and raised him over his head.

“I’m gonna ask once, lie to me and I’ll make you eat this tin can you used to mess up my city. Who sent you,” Hiryu said as kicked up a miscellaneous piece of mecha and pointed it at the pilot.

“Kuno… Kuno paid me a fortune to pilot this prototype and call you out,” the pilot said in terror as he wet himself.

Ranma tossed the pilot on to the street. The police arrived momentarily and took him away as news and various media reporters swarmed the teen heroes. Hiryu got annoyed since all the questions were directed towards him and not the other teen heroes that help take out the.

“Excuse me ladies and gentle men, I wasn’t alone in this task. Please don’t ignore the other heroes who came to help. They deserve your attention as well,” he said and walked away from the reporters.

As Hiryu made his way to the fallen mecha, he felt a familiar aura among the photographers and made his way towards them. One of the photographers lowered her camera and revealed a familiar looking pageboy hairstyle.

“Glad to see you up and about Ms. Tendo,” Hiryu said as he graced her with a smile as the crowd of photographers parted leaving Nabiki in the middle.

“Yeah, the Japan Sun was kind enough to offer me a fulltime gig to keep tabs on you,” Nabiki replied.

“Just make sure to take my good side,” Hiryu joked.

“You actual have one,” she said in her “Ice Queen” demeanor, while in side she was blushing like a schoolgirl at the young man that came to her rescue twice.

“I was gonna check up on you at the hospital but when I got there you were already gone,” Hiryu added, which in“Hiryu” talk it meant, “I was there with your sister and you were just fine.”

“You can make it up to me with a private interview Mr. Hero,” Nabiki said as she silently prayed he accepts.

“Ok, name the time and place,” Hiryu replied with a smile.

“YES,” Nabiki mentally cried.

Nabiki slipped him a card with the time and location for the interview and boldly gave him a kiss on his cheek, before going on her merry way.

“I can’t believe I just did that,” she thought.

Hiryu’s face turned bright red as he touched the spot where she kissed him, then went back to the fallen mecha. The witty banter between the two prompted many angry stares form the female populous in the area, even the female teens looking at them. Nabiki ignored this and took like compliment that she was the only one he agreed to see in a no need to be rescued way. Hiryu drew his sword and lopped off the mecha’s car sized head and lifted it off the ground.

“You guys think you handle things from here,” addressed the teen heroes who helped him.

“Sure,” Megaman said.

“Hiryu what are you going to do with that,” Raijin asked.

“This was just a message, I’m gonna answer it,” Hiryu said as flew off with the severed mecha head.

Suddenly the teen heroes were mobbed by questions, microphones shoved near their faces, and flashing light of the cameras as the press asked them questions form their affiliation, love lives and who the leader of this group was. When it was too much for them to bear, they bid their farewells and went about their ways of disappearing.

XxX

Somewhere in the business district of Tokyo, Tatewaki Kuno sat in his luxurious leather chair on the phone sealing deal with representative of Star Labs. He did not even notice the large figure headed for his high-rise office window. There was loud crash as the car sized mecha head busted though his office window skid across the floor and moved his desk aside disconnecting the phone he was using.

“Who dares attack my palace,” Kuno cried as threw the now disconnected phone.

“I do Kuno, got problem with that,” Hiryu said as he hovered out side his window. “You have the guts to hire someone to try kill me so long as it doesn’t dirty you hands, not once caring who might get in the way. Have you no honor?

Kuno reached in his coat and drew out a silver desert eagle and emptied the clip at Hiryu who just hovered there and let the bullets bounce off him.

“What manner of sorcery is this,” Kuno said he threw away the weapon.

“If I ever see your toys on my streets again Kuno, you’ll answer to me. Oh, by the way I instructed my friends and the district of Juban police to send the bill for cleaning up your mess downtown to your office as soon as possible. After all your company logo is all over that scrap metal lying in Juban. It would be such bad press for you not to do something about it,” Hiryu said before disappearing into the sky in a streak of blue, black and red.

“Curse you Hiryu. This is far from over. I will have my revenge.” Kuno cried out when went towards the office window.

XxX

The sun began to set over the horizon as Hiryu stood from his perch on the Tokyo tower. The wind blew as he surveyed the city and country he swore to protect.

“Way to go hero,” he though as went over how he would answer Nabiki’s questions in their up coming interview.

He then felt a hostile aura of another near him and went into a ready battle stance. A figure of woman came from the shadows of the tower. She had long raved colored hair that reached her shoulders and wore what looked like a cross between a battle bikini and power armor, which left little to the imagination. Think B-ko’s armor all in black with violet details and showed more cleavage. Half her face was hidden behind a black mask that matched her dark violet lipstick. She gave him a seductive smile as she walked towards him.

“So it is true that you frequently haunt his tower,” she said in sultry voice.

“Who the hell are you,” Hiryu asked.

“I’m the Black Rose darling. Now be a good boy and KNEEL.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

"A Taste Of Things To Come"

A lone figure stood by familiar statue by Titans Tower.

“I’m not thing like you, but I’m doing my best. I want to honor you memories not fight them.”

“You wrong you know. You’re more like him than you think. You both have gigantic egos, but your hearts are in the right place.”

“Sorry. I’ll leave you be.”

“Don’t go. Stay with me a bit.”

“Are you sure?”