Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma of Borg ❯ Bound for hell ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ranma frowned as the water fizzled against his shields. A quick look to the apparently clumsy pilot revealed he had slipped on a fallen chunk of food. Tom looked up to see that Ranma was dry and clean, “Are you injured?”
Tom shook his head, “I’m fine. You must be the new guy,”
“We are. News must travel fast on a small ship.”
Tom smiled, “We don’t get that many new crewmen. You will get that a lot.”
Ranma nodded then went back to eating ignoring the world around him. He forced himself to be aware of everything that was going on around him. He wasn’t a Borg drone. He had to train out the bad habits that his time in the hive mind drilled into him. He looked at the various crewmen that were meandering about. He spotted the Vulcan from earlier having to deal with Neelix. Ranma watched as the security officer brushed off Neelix’s overzealous dedication as moral officer. Ranma watched for a moment then did something he hadn’t done in two and a half years; he began laughing. He laughed for a good minute and it felt good. Seven looked at him questioningly, “What are you laughing at?”
“At the telaxian and the Vulcan. It is humorous to watch those two interact.”
Seven looked at Tuvoc and Neelix and tried to understand the humor. She looked back to Ranma now even more confused. Ranma offered no explanation and only smiled. He went back to eating the alien casserole. I believe I understand why Q left me here. I can work the machine out easier here than back home. Ranma stood up, and with a quick flick all five trays landed in the appropriate bin. Most present applauded the small show. The former drone gave a mere shrug.
A month later…
Ranma was fitting in better. He spoke with inflection and emotion. He would still slip with the wrong pronoun. Recently, he announced his decision to go back to his home place and time. The captain wasn’t having anything to do with it. “I must disagree captain, this is what I have to do. You may not understand but you can accept it.”
“I just can’t allow you, with all the knowledge you have, to go back to the 21st century. The Temporal Prime Directive must be adhered to.”
“So now I’m your prisoner? A captive?”
Janeway gave a heavy sigh, “I didn’t say that. I am saying I can’t let you travel through time.”
“Is that your final decision?”
“Yes Ranma, it is my final decision.”
“Then I must request to be allowed to disembark at a space station no more than three light-years from here. I will make my own way.”
Janeway frowned, “And how will you do that? You have nothing to barter with.”
“With the being I will be contacting, I have no need to barter with material possessions.”
“Explain yourself Ranma,”
“She is a very long lived being. She is a researcher on everything you can imagine. She could in theory send the entire ship and crew to Earth. You just don’t know what she may wish for payment.”
“Your willing to exchange information on the future to get to the past?”
“Negative, at the present she is already over several millennia ahead of your current technology. She may wish to research my biology or the effect of time travel on a Borg of my type.”
Janeway was stunned. Ranma was always leery of the doctor after the hologram wanted to run test after test. Now he was willing to let an alien researcher to do just that. She let out a sigh. “You are this determined to go home?”
“Captain, you misunderstand, this ship is my home. I’m only returning to put some business to rest. I am going to return. Permission to carry out?”
She looked at the man before her. He stood perfectly still, but his face was a maelstrom of emotions. She began with a sad smile, “I can’t…”
“But Captain!”
“…Let you go alone. I want this to be a standard away mission. Heaven knows I can’t put it any other way in the logbooks. Tell tom to set a course of the station. Warp seven should be fine.”
“I select the team?”
“You may pick two. I wish to tag along also. I loved visiting Tokyo for those old hand-to-hand lessons. Who do you wish to take?”
“The Doctor and Seven. It would be best. I’ll debrief you all at the station. Because it will be one hell of a trip.”
“Agreed. You’re in charge when we get there. You know the inhabitants and area better than us. Should we go armed?”
“Wouldn’t help you captain. When things do turn sour, I’ll be the one they’re after.”
Janeway sat in her chair and sipped her coffee. She let out a bit of a sigh. “You still got a lot of explaining to do.”
“If all goes well, you’ll get those answers you want Captain. I’ll go get things ready.”
Ranma bound out of her ready room with a grin. Now he had the chance to put the whole mess to bed. He had the ability to go back and that was weighing on him. Now he could settle the rivalries and the fiancée mess. He walked onto the bridge, “Mr. Paris! Alter course baring 318 mark 215 warp 7. Captain orders.”
“Bringing ship about, altering course and speed.”
“Mr. Kim, keep the sensors on the lookout for a space station about three light-years ahead.”
“Sensors read something out there. It’s the right size, but it’s reading to be made out of some form of wood.”
“That’s out destination. Page the captain and me when we get with in range.”
“You got it.”
Ranma went to sickbay after paging Seven to meet him there. He began to explain the mission and he agreed. He warned them of the basic dangers of Nerima. “Look, there will be human beings who can shred steel with their bare hands. They are not to be taken lightly.”
“Bridge to Saotome,”
“Go ahead,”
“We are nearing the station,”
“Be there in a moment! Thanks Harry,”
On the Station,
Tech droid Matsumoto was monitoring any incoming traffic as to redirect them away from the non-contact zone. The screen began flashing an angry red and changed to an image of a massive metal vessel. The drone opened the comm. System and began to send the standard message.
“Attention inbound vessel. This is Jurai border station 10. The following space is a non-contact zone. Contacting non-space races in strictly forbidden. You are to dock with the station and submit to a inspection and declare reason for travel.”
“Station 10, I am Captain Kathryn Janeway of the Starship Voyager. We are in route to contact the Scientist Washu. We will submit to the inspection.”
“Caution, contact with that Researcher is classified as hazardous to health. Dock at sector 7 and await instruction.”
“Understood,”
The drone gave a very organic shudder. Washu wasn’t physically intimidating, but the things she could do to a person…
The odd ship docked with the sector 7 port and waited. The drone went to go inspect the ship himself. He wanted to see the poor souls who may end never returning. It walked down the several corridors and came to the hatch. It noted that this ship was more advanced that most that flew through. He was greeted by a dark skinned humanoid with pointed ears. “Welcome aboard. I have been appointed to escort you and answer any questions you may have.”
“Crew complement?”
“We have a crew of 112.”
“I wish to start with your medical facilities and then the cargo holds.”
“This way please. If you have any technical questions, they can be fielded more effectively by this data pad.”
The druid skimmed the pad very quickly. It was surprised to see some of the schematics. This ship didn’t seem to fit any category it could think of. “What is the purpose of this vessel?”
“This ship was intended to be an exploratory vessel.”
“I see,”
After the quick inspection he noted something. “I was unaware that Borg drones could be liberated from the collective.”
“We have several people who have been brought back from the collective. We are here based off of information from one drone.”
“The location of Washu?”
“Indeed.”
“Your ship passes inspection. All I can say is good luck and safe journey.”

Omake:
Please state your reason for visit.
"We are going to contact the scientist Washu."
"I see. I will offer my condolences now. I hope your time is as pleasesnt as it can be, all things considering"