Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma of Borg ❯ Primitive or is it? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“Well Ranma, I can begin removing the implants through out our body, but your own physiology must wake up and work again but this will take time. Seven of nine has been with us for a few years and she still has implants.”
“Unacceptable. We will upgrade your knowledge and you will restore us.”
“I am always looking to learn new medical techniques. I was unaware that the Borg were aware of how to restore their drones back to fully organic.”
“The knowledge was attributed to a EMH in the later half of the 24th century. Where is the location of a computer interface so that we can download the information directly?”
The Doctor, Curiosity peaked, began walking to his office, “I suppose so. Right over here.”
Ranma accessed the computer core through the Doctors console. He began downloading all of the information that he had stored in his implants for when he escaped. Ship designs, power systems, Medical knowledge, Star maps, Species information. All of it flowed through the connection. A moment later he withdrew his hand, “We have upgraded your database. We ask that you begin treatment soon. We ask that you leave certain implants, we wish to retain our knowledge should we need to find our own way home.”
“Very well. According to this data, I should have you healthy and mostly free in a few weeks. Though the Captain will wish to speak with you.”
“Understood,”
A few moments later Janeway and Tuvok walked into the room. They came to find an advanced Borg drone standing in sickbay. They could tell that this one was a bit freer than most they encountered. “Doctor, would you mind explaining our new friend here,”
“We can explain ourselves.”
“Then by all means, please do so,” Tuvok said.
The free drone Tilted it’s head to the side, as if the Vulcan had done something unbelievable. A slight pause ensued, “You did not say please…”
The captain tried not to laugh, but couldn’t help it. Tuvok raised an eyebrow, “Please,”
“We are Ranma. Originally from Earth, circa 2000 A.D. We were confronted by an entity known as Q. He threw us to the Borg of the late 27th century.”
“Why would he do such a thing?”
The drone blinked his one eye and gave a shrug. “Original reasoning was for testing. We can not recall what was tested, but results were deemed satisfactory…”
“They were more than satisfactory. I deemed it a smashing success. He proved more about human potential than Jean Luc ever did.”
Everyone turned to see Q, in all his smug glory reclined on the bio bed. He wore a standard issue Starfleet uniform with captain markings. “And I am rewarding him. I’ve given him a vacation from his old life.”
“We do not consider our assimilation remotely close to recreational.”
Q sprung to his feet, “That was the challenge. Your vacation begins now. If you wish to return to your own time, well that is your next little hurdle. It’s all your choice from here on out sonny…” and with a snap, Q left in a burst of light.
Janeway frowned. Q had put the boy through hell and has just abandoned him in her lap. She didn’t like this; but she wasn’t going to hold it against the poor boy. “Do what you can for him doctor. He may not be here by choice but I’ll be damned if I’m just going to ignore the situation.”
The Doctor led Ranma to a bio bed and gathered the necessary implements to help the newest addition to the lost ship. After a moment he looked at the tray of his standard tools and frowned, “What am I doing with these? I guess my programming is off; these instruments are too primitive… or are they?”
He replicated the tools quickly enough and set to work. He started with the body suit and then began to work from the neck down. After a hour and a half of marathon surgery, “Well, that clears up most of the torso. On to the extremities.”
Seven of nine was not pleased. The captain said there was a new Borg onboard. She was on her way to Sickbay to have the Doctor to see what he knew. Upon the sickbay doors opening, she saw the Doctor extracting multiple implants with excessive skill, then regenerating the organic components not long after. “Doctor, explain what is going on here,”
“Ah, Seven! Have a seat and I will be with you shortly. I’m in the middle of removing this gentleman’s implants that are attached to his lower lumbar…”
Seven’s eyes widened, “You said they were too dangerous to be removed on me. Explain this.”
“Oh… Got it! Well, Ranma here is from the future. Q dropped him off and Ranma downloaded a lot of information into the database. In a couple of hours, he will be free of all but some of the cranial implants. If you want, come and watch.”
She stepped forward to see as the doctor removed a more advanced version of a movement limiter that she possessed. They were intended to restrict the body from flexing in ways that are deemed unnecessary. She then watched as the doctor used what looked like a dermal regenerator and made the body replace the missing organic components. “Will you perform similar operations on me?”
“It’s up to you seven. I can’t give you treatment you refuse to receive. What did you need?”
“I no longer require assistance. Sorry to disturb your concentration.”
The doctor began to laugh. He let loose with a genuine chuckle as he threw the bowl of implants into a strange device. “Thanks to the updates, I can debate the life-rights of holograms and do open-heart and cranial surgery in my sleep.”
She raised her eyebrow, it would seem that the doctor was indeed exceptionally more skilled as he continued to extract implants and regenerate living tissue. He was now working on the upper torso. He pulled out the Neuro possessor and then opened the ribcage to remove more. “Why did you stop by Seven? Any problems?”
“No, I came to find out what you knew of the new Borg drone onboard. I was unaware you were in the middle of surgery.”
“Not that big a deal Seven. Ranma here is out cold and in the surgical bay. I spoke with him before I began this little romp through his insides. Q of all things brought him here. He apparently helped out our favorite obnoxious ‘god’ out somehow and he was dropped off here for his trouble. He went from assimilation to joining this Nantucket sleigh ride from hell.”
“A strange analogy doctor.”
“We have been hurtled 70,000 light-years from earth with little way of getting a message home. If not for those arrays I doubt Earth would know we are in one piece.”
Seven attempted to argue but failed. The doctor made a valid point. By the time the Doctor was finished with closing up Ranma’s gaping chest, his skin pallor was improving. His body began to restore its ‘normal’ functions. Ranma soon snapped awake as the doctor finished removing the last vestiges of Ranma’s ocular implants. “Welcome back to the land of the organic Ranma. How do you feel?”
“We are hungry. Where is the replicator located?”
“We use food grown in the Hydroponics bay. I will show you to the mess hall where we may got you… acquainted with Neelix’s cooking,”
“It is implausible to be worse than what we had before we were assimilated. It was suppose to be spaghetti.”
“That was it then?”
“Unknown. We doubt the sensors on a Borg probe could Identify…”
“Before you run off to dine on Neelix’s culinary experiments, we will have to get you some clothes. Any preferences?”
“One red silk mandarin button down top, one pair of black silk pants of similar style, one set of cotton soled tai chi slippers.”
A little later, Ranma found himself standing in mess hall and suddenly greeted by a telaxian. “Well hello there! You must be the new crewman the captain mentioned. I’m Neelix and welcome to my kitchen Mr. Borg!”
Ranma blinked as his brain tried to wrap itself around Neelix. Seven urged him forward, “You will acclimate to his behavior after a while.”
“Todays special is my own version of quiche. It’s got a kick like you wouldn’t believe. Would you like to try?”
“We’ll take four helpings.”
Neelix smiled, he liked this one already. He set four pieces of blue quiche on a tray and handed it to Ranma. The pigtailed martial artist grabbed the nearest seat and began eating, uninhibited by the odd smell or taste of the alien food. All was well until Tom spilt his water on Ranma…
Omake…
“What was it then?”
“We believe it to be solidified warp plasma and stale pasta.”
“That is impossible. Warp plasma is corrosive and highly toxic.”
“So was everything else she cooked…”
Back on earth, Akane sneezed as she made quiche that began to absorb the pan.