Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma the Werecat ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

School Days
Side story

I do not own Ranma ½
thoughts
"talking"
"mind speech"
Ranma the Werecat

Authors note this takes place after the meeting with Cronus and Ranma.

The dragons in my story can travel between the realms without the assistance of the Gate of the Gods. Catseye is not aware of this fact as of yet.

Cronus headed to the dream realm to have a long talk with Neko and to let him know that he would tolerate any harm that would come to Ranma.

This looks like the place, but who lives here? Is it Bastet or Neko that lives here? The only way to find is to knock and see who answers the door. Cronus knocked on the door loud enough to wake the dead.

Who could knocking at my door at this hour? No one knows that I am here except Ranma and he can not get without my assistance. So who ever it is had better have a very good reason for disturbing me. Thought a very upset Neko who had been working on Cat’s Star Pentagrams as well as the binding spells. Neko went to find out who was knocking on his door. “Who’s out there?” Neko called out angrily.

“Can I come in and talk with you Neko? It is very important that I do so.” Cronus answered. “After all it does concern Ranma and his cousins that I will be introducing to him.” Cronus informed Neko.

“Very well you may come in and tell me what this is all about.” Neko answered as he opened the door and let Cronus enter his home in the dream realm.

“Please sit and allow me to bring out some refreshments, so that we talk and go over what I will be doing to help Ranma. You also mentioned Ranma’s cousin and how I might be able to help them and that very interesting to me. After all I mainly deal with cats and young children as well as the various other cat races.” Neko informed Cronus as he prepared to go to the kitchen and bring out the refreshments.

After Neko left the room Cronus began chanting a spell that would let him know if he was dealing with a God or a Demon and what his intentions were towards Ranma. When Neko entered the room with the refreshments and sat down across from Cronus the spell was completed.

“I can see that you do not completely trust me, or you wouldn’t have cast the God spell. So I will tell you what I am and that is a God of Cats not a demon with an agenda. Is that what you wanted to know?” Asked Neko as he watched the dragon lord that was across from him.

“Yes that is what I wanted to know and before I continue I would like to know what your plans are for Ranma are. I also wanted to know if anyone could learn the Neko-Ken and if so could you make two more of the Cat’s Star Pentagrams for Ranma’s cousins.” Cronus informed Neko as he looked at Neko with great curiosity and wonder because he had never heard of the any of the Gods doing what Neko had done.

“My plans for Ranma are to train him in the true form of the Neko-Ken and to train his calmer to help him master the Neko-Ken. As to your next question can anyone learn the Neko-Ken then the answer is no because they would have to be one of the cat races to learn it. What I mean is that the Neko-Ken was designed to create the ultimate hunter, and that it was never designed for the human races to learn. If a human was to under go the Neko-Ken training that was not aware of the dangers. There are several things could happen to the trainee that you are not aware of. The first is that the trainee could die while under going the training and that is the most humane thing that could happen. The second thing that could happen is that the trainee could go insane and believes that he is a cat. Then the only way to deal that is to kill the individual because that is the only humane thing to do.” After saying that Neko took a drink of sake then continued talking. “The third is if the trainee some how regains his sanity then he would have a major fear of cats that would be so ingrained that if he could not get away from a cat then he think that he is a cat. His basic survival skills are that of a cat on steroids with the use of chi claws that can cut through just about anything. Another problem that can show up is physical scarring, mental scarring, and various kinds of physical impairments. Such as blindness, loss of ones voice, and possible broken bones.” Neko explained to a very horrified Cronus.

“Is there anything that can be done to help Ranma with what has happened to him?” Asked a very concerned Cronus.

“That is what I am trying to do by teaching Ranma the true form of the Neko-Ken. Now tell me why you want me to train Ranma’s cousins in the Neko-Ken along with Ranma?” asked a somewhat confused Neko as to why Cronus would want anyone to learn something as dangerous as the Neko-Ken.

“Ranma has cousins that are werecats and they know some fighting styles and I was hoping that you could teach them as well.” Cronus informed Neko who was very shocked by what was going on.

“Now me why I should train Ranma’s cousins in the true form of the Neko-Ken?” asked Neko because he was curious as to what Cronus’s attentions were.

“The reason for this is both of his cousins are outcasts and they have no friends. I really do desire that both of them should have someone to call a friend and not be laughed at. They have suffered enough by that I mean is that they have lost their families.” Cronus informed Neko of the problems that they had.

“There is something else that you should know and that is the Neko-Ken can only be learned by males and not females. I need to know if Ranma’s cousins are male or female before I can agree to train them.” Neko told Cronus.

“They are both are young males and very spirited I might add.” Cronus laughed knowing that his grandchildren were very mischievous.

“Alright I’ll do it on four conditions. The first is that you gain the parents consent for me to train them in the Neko-Ken. Second is that you have to let the parents know that their children need to be engaged to their calmers. Third is that they have to be willing to learn a new language and that they may be willing to travel to another world. The fourth and finial condition is that you have to match the warrior’s personalities to their calmers. Take for example Ranma’s personality, he needs someone who can challenge him both physical and mentally. He needs someone of a strong sense of what it means to be a real friend and that will listen, but at the same time be able to tell him truth and be very blunt about it.” Neko told Cronus in no uncertain terms.

“Do you have anyone in mind to be the calmers? I mean Ranma mentioned that he wanted to return to his home world and is that where we will be looking for the calmers? Asked Cronus because he had hoped that they would be looking in the realm where they were living.

“To answer your questions, yes I have people in mind and here is a list of those that might be possible calmers for Ranma and his cousins. The calmers are on Ranma’s home word and the training will take place in the dream realm. The trainees will then apply what they learn here and train in the waking realm against each other.” Neko informed Cronus concerning where the calmers where located.

“There are over twenty-five people on this list!” Exclaimed Cronus as he thought of long it would take for him to check out all of the people listed.

“That is correct and that should take you about three weeks to interview the families listed and to see if they are possible matches for Ranma and his cousins. Also I fully expect that you should have the written permission from the families to engage their children to whoever is decided on being the calmers. This has to happen before you can go to Ranma’s home world and start investigating the families in question.” Stated Neko concerning the rules and regulations.

“Alright I’ll do it if you can agree to uphold your part of the bargain” said a somewhat miffed Cronus.

“I always keep my promises. One more thing I need to know who are Ranma’s cousins and what kind of werecats that they are. So that I know how to coordinate the lesson plans and what would be the best for each individual.” Stated a smug looking Neko.

“Kyle is the oldest and he's a werecheetah, and as for Ranma’s other cousin his name is Tyrone and he is a weretiger.” Cronus informed Neko of who Ranma’s cousins were.

“Come back in three days with the parental consent forms that I may begin training and so that they may be engaged to their calmers. After that I will start working on the Cat’s Star Pentagrams for all of the parties involved.” Neko told Cronus in no uncertain terms.

“Please let me show you to the door so that we may get started on our tasks because it is getting late and we have a lot of work to do.” Neko said as he led Cronus to the door.

Once Cronus was gone Neko began to complain of all of the work that was a head of him and how long that it would take him to complete 6 Cat’s Star Pentagrams. One for each of the warriors and one for each of the calmers, plus the binding spells. Stupid dragon lord he just had to make my job a lot harder. Not only do I have to train Ranma and his calmer now I have to train his cousins and their calmers. Plus I have to make 6 Cat’s Star Pentagrams and the kind of power that goes into it. That will take me at least four weeks to complete. Unfortunately for Ranma his fear of cats will be growing out of control and I will not be able to stem the tide. Oh well back to work for me.