Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Skateboarding Fetish ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Skateboarding Fetish

By: Prosopopeia

Hi all! Well, this will officially be my first Ranma ½ fic. I don't know a whole lot about the entire story, seeing as how I only have the very beginnings of the manga and everything else I managed to scrounge up from the Internet. The fic will focus mainly around Ranma and Ryoga…so there is yaoi. Ah, if you look in my profile, practically all of my stories have yaoi. And I love this coupling! I'm sorry, but the way they argue is way too cute!

Disclaimer: Me don't own Ranma ½, k?

~*~

"Saotome Ranma, you are insane!"

The dark-haired youth eyed his friend wearily and sighed. One accident and naturally Akane had to overreact. Okay, so he had to admit riding through the dojo on a skateboard wasn't exactly the greatest idea considering he was not a natural skater. But still, he only broke one vase and…one arm. He cringed slightly under the girl's intense gaze. That was really what made her so angry. So naturally while on the way to Dr. Tofu's, she felt it her obligation to lecture him on the importance of actually having someone know how to do something that he didn't know with him as guidance.

"You could have hurt someone else, too! God, how can you be so irresponsible??"

Ranma rolled his eyes indignantly. Akane was a wonderful friend, but it was at times like those that he really hated her. "Shut up, please," he cut in annoyingly. She glared at him dangerously but ceased her speech. He sighed in relief. He didn't even know what possessed him to skateboard in the first place. In truth he knew he would probably end up hurting either himself or something else, but for some strange reason he kept at it. Then a flash of Ryoga appeared in his mind. He instantly shook his head and groaned. No, just because Ryoga had mentioned skateboarding once didn't mean he had gotten it from him.

"Hey, Ryoga!"

Suddenly the brunette's head snapped up and was greeted by the sight of the dark-haired fighter approaching him and Akane. He felt himself go red and lowered his head in embarrassment. What was this infatuation he had with Ryoga?? It seemed he constantly wanted to see his face and take in his entire presence like there was no tomorrow. Luckily he was in his normal form. God knew how red he would really turn if he were in his female counterpart.

He lifted his head slowly as he felt Ryoga walking up to them with a smug grin on his face as he stared at Ranma. "What happened to you?" he inquired insensitively and Ranma couldn't help but drown into his dark eyes. Suddenly remembering his place, he quickly put on a look of anger. "Shut up, Hibiki," he snapped half-heartedly. In reality, Ryoga's comment stung him painfully. Did the boy really care that little for him?

"Yes, well, Ranma decided that it would be fun to skateboard around the dojo. I guess breaking his arm was also fun, wasn't it Ranma?" Akane remarked accusingly while scrutinizing him. Ranma rolled his eyes and moved forward while pushing Ryoga to the side as he began walking. He kept his gaze ahead of him. Akane could also be unsympathetic, too. It seemed like everything was against him.

"Saotome skateboarding?? My God, that's just laughable!"

Ryoga's voice hung clearly in the cool autumn air and Ranma found himself frozen for a second. The way Ryoga had said it…so cruelly, so unmercifully, it was enough to make his blood boil. He clenched his fist tightly as he tried to grip himself. Hurting Ryoga wouldn't make him feel any better. How could he feel attracted to someone as hateful as him?

"Oh, so you decided to stop walking? Probably afraid you would break a leg, too."

Finally, something in him snapped as he turned around, marching up to Ryoga's face. Akane stood by his side, desperately trying to hold him back, but Ranma was far too over the edge as he seethed at his rival loathsomely. His eyes were seeing red and Ryoga would pay for it painfully if he managed to get his way.

"You think you're so cool with that almighty attitude, do you? It's kind of funny considering you can't even find the way to your house when it's two feet away from you! So don't even try to insult me, you little lost retard from nowhere!" he hissed venomously. Normally this was not his way of things. He would usually ignore Ryoga and continue with a simple remark. But everything had been put against him that day and he was now too worked up to calm down. All the emotions he forced down were spilling out.

He tore his gaze off from Ryoga's face to the ground in bitterness. "I liked you, too. No, I really liked you. Now I realize that I will never be anything more than a rival to you. I used to think I could eventually be your friend, but now I see that's impossible," he muttered between clenched teeth. He suddenly looked up into Ryoga's bewildered expression. "So just leave me the fuck alone!" he concluded before turning away and running off with such speed he never knew he possessed. He faintly heard Akane's yells for him to return, but he ignored them and kept going. Tears stung at his eyes. How could he just have revealed such a crucial secret to Ryoga and Akane? Now Ryoga really would hate him, he thought to himself as he collapsed to the ground painfully. His arm ached like hell now as he clutched it tightly. He lowered his head in shame. He didn't used to be this emotional…at least not until he fell into that well and turned into a girl. It seemed his other side was beginning to wear off on him.

"You're so pathetic you know."

His eyes hardened as the voice cut in through his thoughts. He knew exactly who it was, too, as he remained seated on the ground. He kept his head bent low as Ryoga spoke again.

"I've known you for quite a while now, Ranma. And after all this time, that was truly the first time I have ever seen you so angry," he said in a low even tone. Ranma kept his back against him and gathered one knee to his chest as he rested his head on it. He held his twisted arm still, but paid close attention to Ryoga's words. As much as he hated it, he always found the boy's voice hard to ignore. He attempted to figure out what he was saying. The boy didn't sound angry, but Ryoga always had a talent for hiding his emotions as well. But why did he call him by his first name? He had never done so before.

Ryoga laughed suddenly before he walked up to Ranma's bent position. He knelt down on one knee and placed a hand on his shoulder gently. "Ranma…I'm sorry. I never meant for you to actually get mad with me… I never intend to that," he murmured slowly, his voice sending shivers down Ranma's spine. The boy frowned slightly and shifted his arm again. Why was Ryoga doing this to him? Was he playing nice just so he could insult him again?

"I like you, too."

Those four simple words…and yet they managed to make Ranma turn around fully to face Ryoga in shock. He searched his eyes for any signs of deception and found none. He stared at Ryoga for a few moments before finally gathering his courage to speak.

"You sure have a funny way of showing it."

It was as if he let out all of the pain and anger he was holding in for the last few months in those few words. He breathed a heavy sigh and suddenly felt as if a heavy load had been lifted from his shoulders. Ryoga eyed him with a smile.

"Well, can you picture me actually being sentimental and pouring out my feelings for you with flowers in my hand??" he remarked, arching an eyebrow amusedly. Ranma thought about it for a second before breaking out with a grin. "No, I suppose not," he replied. Ryoga laughed and Ranma stared at him for a while, relishing in the rare sight.

Ryoga suddenly took Ranma's good arm and pulled him to his feet. The latter blushed slightly at the gesture and looked at Ryoga curiously. Had he meant those words before?? Did the quiet, mysterious, untamable Ryoga really return the same feelings?

And as if sensing the internal conflict, Ryoga turned to look at Ranma seriously. "I meant what I said, Ranma. I wouldn't be here if I didn't. Ever since I first met you, I thought you were incredible. It was so strange and beautiful to see a fighter so carefree as you and I admired that spirit and still do," he said slowly. "At first I was scared of what you would think of me. I was always the quiet one so when I found you again, I put up shields to protect myself from getting hurt… Instead I ended up falling for you all over again, only this time it was harder and quicker than the first time," he finished, looking at Ranma bashfully.

The boy remained still for a second before suddenly grabbing Ryoga's chin and pulling him in for a sweet, tender kiss. He pulled away after a few seconds, grinning at Ryoga's astonished expression.

"It's about time we started living in the present time then," he replied, taking hold of Ryoga's hand in his. The boy blinked several times before turning bright red as he nodded in agreement to Ranma's comment.

They both started walking again, only this time hand-in-hand and without bitter feelings.

"You tried to skateboard because of me didn't you?"

"Shut up."

And the light sound of arguing voices was once again heard in the midst of the air.

~*~

Owari

That wasn't too bad was it?? Okay, so it turned out to be waaaaaay more sappy than I intended it to, but that seems to happen a lot with my oneshot fics. Who knows? I may show up again with a longer fic next time that will have a lot more angst than this. I'm an angsty type of person… No, really!! ^^ Thanks for reading!