Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Star Ocean : The Chaos Theory ❯ Prologue : The Chaos Gene ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer : Ranma and Star Ocean : Till the End of Time do not belong to me. All ideas revolving around both Anime or/and game do not belong to me either.
 
Star Ocean : The Chaos Gene
 
Prologue : A Fourth Subject
 
`The computations we ran on the data obtained from the Time Gate indicate that the Creator's power is phenomenal.' `We gave one child the power to destroy-hence the Destruction Gene. To the other child, we gave the power of change-hence the Alteration Gene. However, we do not expect the powers of both these children be enough to stand up to the 4-D being known as the Creator. `We believe our survival rests on one thing : we must go in 4D space and defeat the Creator. `That is why we have gave the third child, Professor Eisteed's child, the power to connect space-hence the Connection Gene. She will be able to use this symbological induced power to create a gateway through the Time Gate and into 4D space.
 
A shocked look was apparent on everyone's face, especially Sophia's. Fayt laid his hand on her shoulder as Sophia continued to look blankly at the informing Scientists, she questioned meekly,
 
“W-what? M-me?” Fayt's recorded father/scientist on the screen continued,
 
`We believe this unborn child is the key to unlocking the enemies' gate.'
 
Fayt walked in front of her as he positioned himself directly at eye point. He said with a bit of a stutter,
 
“Sophia, y-you too?” He comforted her, as she continued to stare at the screen, shocked as to what she had just heard. Robert Leingod continued,
 
`The children's power will not flower immediately. However, when these three children come together, their different symbological genes will react to one another, thus making it possible for them to utilize their powers. Beyond this, they must learn control by applying their powers in combat. I'm planning to talk to them directly when the time comes, but if something is to happen to me, please, whoever is watching this document, tell our children. I apologize for putting this heavy burden on your shoulders, but they're a lot of lives at stake.'
 
The scientist Robert Leingod bows, the rest follow. He nods his head back up and replies,
 
`What we did was inhumane and illegal by Federation Law. We could never apologize to our children, the subjects of these experiments. Did we do the right thing? That is a question even I myself ponder on or unable to answer. I am sure we will find out when the final act of judgment arrives. If the children choose annihilation, than so be it for them not to use their powers. These powers belong to the children, and it is up to them to use them however they choose.'
 
After a brief stop, Robert closes eyes for a few moments. He opens them and continues,
 
`Finally, I have something to say to the children. I feel horrible for making you bear this terrible sacrifice, and for that I will not ask for your forgiveness. I only ask that you choose your own path in life. Think, decide, act on yourselves. Even if you choose to fight, even if you choose annihilation. That is all we, your self-indulgent parents, desire from you.
 
“………”
 
`We love you so much.'
 
The monitor turns a stagnant blue as an annoying beep sound is heard, indicating that the document had been finished.
 
“Why us?” Sophia asked quietly. Fayt, his head still facing the ground, answered,
 
“ I think it had to be us. They believed we could do it.”
 
“I got to be honest, I still don't really understand what's going on, but its obvious our parents left the fate of the future in our hands.” Fayt stood up straight as he looked towards the other members of the group. Maria stepped forward and said her 2 cents,
 
“Our genes have determined our destinies.” A sullen look was apparent on everyone's face, however, Peppita chose to cheer up the group,
 
“Come on guys, put those frowns upside down. It's time to go meet the boss!” Maria had a slight determined look on her face.
 
“Yes, your right.”
 
Everyone nods as they proceed back to the Aquaelie. Fayt stays behind as he continues to stare at the blank computer screen. He sighs loudly and slowly walks his way out towards the exit to try to catch up to the gang. He suddenly heard a loud beeping noise as he turned back to the computer. On the screen was a distressed looking Robert Leingod, his hair fuzzed up and his scientist robe slightly burnt. He cried out frantically,
 
“We have made a grave mistake! We abused our positions and created something we should not have! We took our slight stride of luck with bad misfortunes. We have tried to make a fourth specimen, this time creating an Artificial Intelligent Being with Symbological capabilities!”
 
Fayt gasped loudly at the announcement, he went about to get the others, when the father continued his unplanned project failure.
 
We have enhanced it's combat potential tenfold, capable to learn from it's mistakes and learn it's enemies weaknesses, in other words, a being made for fighting. It seemed to be the perfect weapon to fight against the 4D beings and the Creator, too perfect in fact. We have gotten cocky and decided to add a gene we have recently created just for this project. The ability to generate Chaotic fields of energy, a humanoid being capable to use the powers of the Time Gate itself, however with much more destructive proportions-hence the Chaos Gene.”
 
A crackle of lightning was seen in the background as Dr. Leingod flinched, he shivered a bit and continued,
 
“Specimen 4 was created with the same growth capabilities as human beings, sufficing as a male infant. We tested his powers, but it proved too great to control, causing destruction to our lab itself. It disappeared in a thin veil of light, somehow winking out of existence itself. We have discovered he was in one of many Under-developed planets in the Quantum Seven Sector, Solar System 652. Whoever is watching, you must retrieve him, for all of life is in his hands! Y~u ~Gr~ N~” was all that he said before static overtook the screen, the blatant blue tint and the annoying buzz sound following soon after.
 
Fayt stood there, stunned out of his mind, discovering the fourth so called project of Symbological Forbidden Science.
 
“The Quantum 7 Sector, System 652? There is only one planet in that Solar system that exists with life. The recreation of our planet, Earth.” He walked out of the laboratory, his mind buzzing with many thoughts.
 
“Who could the fourth project specimen be?”
 
0000
 
“ACHOO!” Ranma stopped running and rubbed his slightly runny nose irritably.
 
“Damn, somebody's talking `bout me again. That uncute tomboy is always tryin' to feed me her dang cookin'.” Ranma fell forward as he felt a mallet connect to his skull. He groaned in pain as he turned over to see a slightly steaming Akane, her reddish aura like a pillar of energy. Ranma sweatdropped rapidly as cried out an explanation,
 
“I-I didn't see you there Akane! If I saw you there then I never would've called you uncute and call you a bad cook, even if you are!” -Oops~ Akane growled loudly as she gripped her mallet tighter, an annoying twitch apparent on her eyebrow. Ranma gulped loudly as he tried to scramble back on his feet, running for dear life itself, when all of Nerima heard a cry of,
 
“RANMA NO BAKA!!”
 
(CLONK!)
 
“AUGH!!!!!”
 
All residents of Nerima were witness to a blurring, screaming, flying figure in the air as it roared past lower earth orbit, just a star apparent in the sky. Everyone sweatdropped as they all thought in unison,
 
`His life is never going to change.'
 
TBC.
 
That's it for the prologue. Everyone who had been thinking of that one thing, yes, you are correct, Ranma is indeed not human, at least not in my fic.
 
The beginning of the prologue was probably the most exhausting part of this fanfic. I had to save from the game, then start it over and over again to watch the moonbase scene. I literally pulled my hair off when I missed a couple of words.
 
I hope you enjoy this fanfic as much as I enjoyed writing it. Tell me what You think, Please R & R, Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for Your Support, Daniel Shinigami.
 
Ja'ne!