Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Star Ocean : The Chaos Theory ❯ Chapter 1 : The Power Within Me ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer : Ranma and Star Ocean : Till the End of Time do not belong to me. All ideas revolving both Anime and/or game do not belong to me either.
 
Star Ocean : They Chaos Gene
 
Chapter 1 : The Power Within Me
 
(Dream Sequence)0000
 
Ranma was falling. The Gekkaja in his weakened grasp as he impacted the slightly hollow mountain top. Up in the sky, the crazed Phoenix God laughed maniacally as he continuously shot fireballs at the ground below, not caring if he injured the innocent.
 
He slowly staggered to his feet, coughing out blood in the process. The crazed Phoenix God turned towards him, his eyes burning intensely as he prepared to obliterate his prey. He compacted fire into his hand as he outstretched his arm to completely decapitate the human.
 
“Shi Shi Hokodan!”
 
Saffron grunted slightly as the depression ki ball hit him directly in the back. He turned towards the annoying pest, who was currently having trouble standing up. He growled defiantly and yelled out,
 
“Foolish Landling! Do you think you alone are powerful enough to defeat someone such as I? DO not make ME LAUGH!!” Saffron laughed evilly as he beckoned him to come closer.
 
Ryoga launched himself in air as he pulled back his fist in an attempt to overcome him with his remaining strength. Saffron jerked right and used his sharp talons to grasp a hold of Ryoga's head, and cast him to a nearby boulder.
 
“Mouko Takabisha!”
 
Saffron growled in irritation as the aggravating landling continued to infuriate his wrath. He turned towards the panting human as he laid himself on his knees, obviously tired from the lack of energy in his body. Saffron roared out ferociously,
 
“You insufferable pest, Give yourself up to my flames and DIE!!” He launched a battalion of fireballs, each the size of buses themselves. There seemed to be no way out as Ranma stared blankly at the oncoming fireballs.
 
`I'm sorry, everyone. I, failed, you…, No, No! I need to win, for everyone…' Ranma thought lifelessly, losing all of his consciousness as `something' else took over. He stood up slowly, his eyes glowing a bright white color.
 
The fireballs seem to go in slow motion as gusts of wind surrounded Ranma's entire body, making him float in midair. His hair untied, making his hair wild and free as it floated along his body. An enormous symbol appeared beneath his feet as he whispered lightly,
 
“Hiryu Shoten Ha.”
 
A huge tornado of crackling energy appeared around Ranma's body as the fireballs themselves were engulfed within the powerful winds. The tornado continuously grew in size as it advanced towards Saffron, who seem to panic and only seem to throw barrages of fireballs at the advancing tornado in hopes to stop it in it's tracks.
 
“GRAHH!!” Saffron cried out in pain as the winds tore into his body, his regeneration only increasing the period of the never-ending torture. In between roars, Saffron yelled out,
 
“I CANNOT LOSE. I AM A GOD!! I AM UNDEFEATABLE!!” He desperately tried to float to the edge of the tornado, but to no avail as it seemed the tornado had no end. He saw a floating figure fly towards him and realized it was the pestering human who had caused the never-ending winds.
 
Saffron, with whatever will power he had left, fired two large fireballs at Ranma. However, to Saffron's horror, both fireballs somehow disintegrated off some energy force field generating around Ranma's body. Saffron cried out in pain again as the winds grew stronger and tore into his body more. Hundreds of gashes and slash marks appeared around him, the pain too unbearable to take.
 
Ranma's eyes shone brightly white as he advanced closer to Saffron, his entire body looking as if he was a divine deity of some sort. Ranma spoke in an eerie tone,
 
“A Ocean of Emptiness, the void of no living, Primal Chaos. I shall grant you no mercy.”
 
(End Dream Sequence) 0000
 
“AHH!”
 
Ranma cried out in horror as he awoke from his terrible nightmare of him and the battle at Mount. Phoenix. He gasped rapidly for air as he wiped the sweat formed on his forehead. Calming down considerably, he looked towards his left, gazing at his good-for-nothing father. He was currently snoring up a storm as he slept soundly in his panda form, occasionally clawing at his butt from an itch.
 
Ranma snorted loudly as he gave him a hard kick in the head, which caused Genma to slightly grunt. Feeling a bit restless, he crawled towards the east wall of his and his father's room and laid back on it, trying to reminisce his not-so-recent battle with Saffron.
 
He looked down at his hands as he pondered curiously,
 
`How did I beat him? All I remember about it was I went unconscious when he was about to kill me, and when I woke up, I was on pop's shoulder, back to Japan.'
 
He banged his head against the wall, saying `Think' over and over again, when all of a sudden, he was pushed back by some force on the other side of the wall. Someone trying to kidnap Akane again? Ranma thought. He abandoned that thought when he heard a loud voice from the other side say `Shut up Baka! Some people are trying to sleep!'
 
Ranma sighed loudly as he laid back on his futon, deciding he could figure this whole ideal tomorrow. He fell asleep soon afterwards, his last conscious thought blanking from his mind as he whispered quietly,
 
“My destiny…..”
 
0000
 
“A fourth subject? WHAT!?”
 
Cliff, obviously distraught, held his head in agony as he felt a headache coming on. Fayt looked at him sympathetically and said,
 
“I was surprised too when dad said there was a fourth one, but we can't ignore this.” Maria nodded in agreement as she replied,
 
“Fayt is correct everyone, if what Fayt has told us is correct, than this person with the `Chaos' Gene is essential in our battle with the 4D beings, not to mention the executioners.” Sophia had worry etched on her face as she asked,
 
“But, what about Planet Styx? Do we go to System 652 first and get him?” Nel nodded and answered,
 
“It would seem logical to go after the fourth specimen.” Peppita cried out in joy,
 
“Well what are we waiting for? To System 652!” Everyone except Cliff ran to the bridge of the Aquaelie, who was still holding his head as he replied to no one in particular,
 
“I need a drink.”
 
0000
 
“Ranma! For insulting Akane's cooking, prepare to die!”
 
Ranma smirked as he continuously dodged Ryoga's two handed blows, occasionally making snide remarks about his curse.
 
“C'mon P-Chan! You can do better than that!” Ranma said as he used his foot as leverage on Ryoga's forehead to push himself backwards 15 feet. Ryoga rubbed his forehead and answered angrily,
 
“Don't call me P-Chan!! Shi Shi Hokodan!” Ranma jerked right as the Shi Shi Hokodan carelessly passed him and hit a nearby brick wall. He sped forward and scored a hard heel kick to Ryoga's stomach, which caused him to lurch back as Ranma pushed upwards and yelled out,
 
“Katchu Tenshin Amaguriken!”
 
Ranma continuously launched hundreds of punches to Ryoga's stomach and chest, as in return caused Ryoga to jerk endlessly in pain. Ranma jumped backwards and unleashed a `Mouko Takabisha' to Ryoga's head, which involuntarily caused him to soar and undulate on the floor as he impacted the cement ground, dust covering the whole battlefield.
 
When the smoke cleared, Ryoga was clearly seen in a crater in the ground, unconscious, as Ranma stood over him. He snorted out loud as he said,
 
“Geez Ryoga, have you been seriously slackin' in your training or what?”
 
(BZZT!)
 
“AHH!” Ranma cried out as he felt his head feel like it was about to explode. His basic instincts forced him to look up as he saw what appeared to be a shooting star fly across the sky. He wondered if shooting stars appeared during the day, but shrugged it off as one of the many weird things that happen in his life.
 
He walked away, daydreaming about the many delicacies Kasumi were to cook for dinner. Unfortunately, what he didn't know was that the `shooting star' he had just witnessed was in fact one of the many `Executioners' that were sent to eliminate the Symbological beings of this world, or as some people would call it, ki.
 
0000
 
“Commodore Wittcomb,” Fayt called out to the commodore of the Aquaelie, “ we need to travel to the Planet `Recreation' Earth in Quantum 7 Sector, System 652, where we can find the man known as the fourth specimen with the `Chaos' Gene. According to my father, he is essential in our battle with the 4D being known as he `Creator'. We hope that once we find him, he can somehow help us fight with the Creator himself.” Wittcomb nodded as he commanded his subordinate to enter in the destination.
 
A sharp noise of alarm was heard as the bridge bunny yelled out,
 
“Commodore! The Sector we are trying to reach is currently swarming with `Executioners'!” Everyone gasped as Cliff cursed out loud. He looked towards Fayt and questioned,
 
“What do we do now Fayt?” Everyone turned their gaze towards Fayt as he was currently staring directly at the floor. He snapped his head back up with a look of determination and shouted out,
 
“We need to get to Sector 7, System 652, We need to get the man with the `Chaos' Gene, We need to go and defeat the Creator, and most important of all, we need to save the Galaxy! Who's with me!!” Everyone yelled cheers and hoorays as the Commodore commanded the bridge bunnies to take them to System 652.
 
0000
 
“GRAHH!!”
 
(BZZT! BOOOM!)
 
Ranma cried out in pain as he felt the wave of energy graze his side. He backflipped and launched a battalion of mini ki blasts, which left the monster slightly stunned. However, it seemed it was not enough as the monster shook out it's daze and strode closer to Ranma.
 
“Happoudaikarin!”
 
(Boom!)
 
The slight explosion caused the monster to shake his head as the distraction was put through. Ranma looked behind the monster, and felt slightly surprised to find Happosai there, assisting him in fighting the 30 foot tall beast.
 
“Happosai? Why the heck are you helpin' me?” Happosai smirked lecherously as he answered,
 
“I can't let some monster kill me star pupil can I? Besides, you're my only heir! And bosom buddy.” Ranma looked at him curiously as Happosai whispered the last part to himself.
 
“What was that Happosa-“Nothing! Now enough with the chit-chat and onto fighting this monstrosity!” Ranma nodded eagerly as both he and Happosai launched themselves forward and landed a hard right kick to the monster's metallic like cheek, causing it to growl out in pain as it was pushed to the ground.
 
Ranma smiled triumphantly as he saw the monster fall to the ground, glad that his attack was successful. Happosai, however, had a grim look on his face as he felt the monster's aura slightly waver in power, as if it was about to fire something big. Several more monsters appeared in the sky as they seem to watch the battle between Ranma and Happosai against their own kind.
 
The monster rebounded back up to it's hind legs and clasped it's palms. In between it's palms was a slightly glowing reddish-orange ball of energy as both Ranma and Happosai sensed trouble.
 
The black-winged monster roared loudly and fired the large energy ball. Both Ranma and Happosai jumped upwards, easily dodging the ball of energy. However, it seemed the monster expected such a move as 20 tentacle like wires appeared from inside it's body, and fired what appeared to be laser bolts of energy towards where both of them were to fall to.
 
Ranma and Happosai panicked as they were trapped in the air, unable to escape their momentum as gravity did it's job and pulled them back down, towards their doom. However, a bonbori, a spatula, a black and yellow ribbon, and a mallet got in the way of the bolts of energy, which in return made enough distraction for Happosai and Ranma to land safely on the ground.
 
Ranma turned towards his saviors and saw Shampoo, Ukyo, Ryoga, and Akane, standing there smiling confidently. He yelled out to them happily,
 
“Guys! What are you guys doing here?” Shampoo answered first with a glomp as she replied bubbly,
 
“Shampoo no let too too stupid monster hurt Airen!” Ukyo also glomped Ranma and said in return,
 
“I can't let my future-husband die! Besides, I'm your cute fiancée!” Akane bonked Ranma on the head with her mallet, an irritated look on her face as she said,
 
“Your just going to use this as some excuse to hang out with your bimbos! Besides, I'm a martial artist too!” Ryoga slightly growled at Ranma, although it was betrayed with a sense of relief etched on his face,
 
“I'm not gonna let some monster kill you Ranma, that's my job!” Mousse nodded along as replied calmly,
 
“If I let you die before I prove I can defeat you in combat with Shampoo witness, I'd never forgive myself!” Ranma smiled serenely at them all, relieved to see that they were indeed not hurt. He turned towards the oncoming army of black angels and yelled out,
 
“Alright guys! Lets go and kick some monster butt!”
 
0000
 
“The Executioners are pushing against our final line of defense! They are advancing into the territory of `Recreation' Earth! We can't seem to get past them, sir!” Wittcomb cursed out loud as he commanded his subordinates to push in harder. He turned towards Fayt and his group as he replied sadly,
 
“It doesn't seem like we will make it there in time.” A sharp beeping noise interrupted him as he turned towards his bridge bunnies.
 
“Report!” Wittcomb commanded. The system operator cried out,
 
“The Executioners! They seem to be slowing down sir! Something from `Recreation' Earth is repelling them from advancing!” Wittcomb was obviously shocked as he questioned,
 
“How! This planet is too primitive to have anything that can repel beings such as the Executioners! Who or what could possibly make these creatures stop in their tracks!?”
 
0000
 
“Mouko Takabisha!” Ranma cried out desperately as his ki ball hit another black angel, which in return made two more take it's place. He fell to his knees as he felt his energy levels deplete. He looked around to see many of his friends and family unconscious from fighting the angels.
 
He felt tears in his eyes as he felt excruciating pain in his heart as if he had failed them once again like as the Saffron incident. He looked upwards at the many black angels forming what appeared to be a straight line in the sky as they all clasped their palms together and created a red ball of energy within. They crackled with red lightning as Ranma felt that this was the final assault, unable to fight back. His will power and determination made Ranma stand up, albeit it be unsteadily.
 
The black angels roared in unison as they launched their crimson balls of energy at the Earth below.
 
Ranma heard screaming of shrill children and women. He heard the cries of small infants, and the yells of hope lost men and realized one thing. He had failed them, failed them again. He looked back at the sky and at the increasingly descending balls of energy as they slowly sped closer and closer, but all Ranma could think was `I failed them'. Red glinted off of Ranma's body and eyes as they energy balls crept nearer. In a possessed, yet echoing voice, he whispered loudly,
 
“A Ocean of Emptiness, the void of no living, Primal Chaos. I shall spare you no mercy.”
 
His mind went blank as his eyes shone bright white. He fluttered in the air slightly, a symbol present under his floating feet. Closing his eyes, his body shone a white aura, slowly growing in size. He opened his eyes once again and lurched backwards as a large wave of white energy roared from his body and into the sky, engulfing the energy balls created by the black angels themselves.
 
Their roars grew distant as the energy wave disintegrated the black angel's entire bodies, no dust nor ash left of them as they continuously disappeared in the stream of the mysterious white light.
 
0000
 
“C-Commodore!” Everyone looked at the screen, shocked as they saw what was happening with their own eyes. Cliff was the first to reply,
 
“W-what is that!” He pointed at the large stream of white light, engulfing the vast armies of the Executioners. Fayt, putting two and two together, answered,
 
“That must be the Chaotic Energy wave cause by the Chaos Gene, which means the man causing it is still alive.” Everyone gasped as they continued to stare at the white stream of energy, continuously growing and consuming nearby Executioners. Fayt looked at the ground, his face distraught with emotion as he whispered quietly,
 
“Is this what you meant by the fate of the Galaxy? Is this so called Chaos Gene so powerful that it could destroy the very meaning of life itself? If that's true, than is this nothing more than a taste of what it can truly cause?” He felt a hand on his shoulder as he turned towards a determined Maria.
 
“We're about to find out.” Maria said as both her and Fayt gazed at the decreasing wave of white energy, seemingly no more black angels present around the planet.
 
“What is this man's true power with the Chaos Gene? Will he join our crusade, or choose destruction? Only time will tell.”
 
0000
 
TBC.
 
Longest story I've ever written. Any questions, just ask me about it. Next chapter, Ranma and the NWC meet the cast of Star Ocean 3. Is Genma truly the father of Ranma? If he isn't, is he even liable to keep his fiancées? And will Happosai keep his hands to himself when he meets all the pretty young girls of The Star Ocean Crew? Find out next time, Stay tuned!
 
Tell me what you think, Please R & R, Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks for Your Support, Daniel Shinigami.
 
Ja'ne!