Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ The Adventures of Jusenkyo Man: Mahou Sensei Ranma ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
The Adventures of Jusenkyo Man:
 
Mahou Sensei Ranma
 
By Lord Raa
 
Part 1
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Disclaim-me-do: Careful, my advantageous mongoose is feeling a bit randy.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Ranma Saotome pondered his current situation. He was in complete control of his shape changing abilities. He'd found that out by turning Setsuna into a full grown ewe and then into a man.
 
Luckily his speed was at a comparable level to before his last mission and so he managed to avoid the brunt of a very male and absolutely hideous Setsuna's rage.
 
While chibi-Ranma waited behind a maintenance access panel for the seething mountain of manly rage to calm down he noted that his girlfriend was not as attractive as he thought s/he would have been.
 
`I thought that the “Spring of drowned Man” showed what you look like if you'd been born male,' Ranma puzzled the conundrum that was Jusenkyo magic. “Oh well.”
 
Deciding that the best way to start apologising to Setsuna would be to change her back to her female form, Ranma focused his senses out across the Jade Falcon. When he picked up the where the fury was radiating from, he “undid” his earlier transformation.
 
“Jenny,” Ranma whispered.
 
“Yes, Ranma?” Jenny replied in an equally soft tone.
 
“How angry is 'Suna-chan?”
 
“Absolutely livid. She's calmed down a bit now that you've changed her back,” Jenny informed after checking the former Senshi of Time's pulse rate. “You shouldn't have said that she looked uglier than a baboon's blue ass.”
 
“I couldn't help it, it just slipped out!” Ranma replied.
 
“It seems that you're losing your ability to keep your thoughts to yourself. I'd say that this is related to your youthful status.”
 
“This is not what I need, Jenny.”
 
“No,” a female voice stated from behind the panel. “What you need is a spanking!”
 
The light from the corridor flooded in to the compartment, causing Ranma to blink for a moment.
 
“I have you now,” Setsuna growled at the young boy.
 
Ranma laughed nervously. He was not in a good position to escape quickly; in fact his best hope was to dive between his girlfriend's legs.
 
“Not trying to run away?” the green haired lovely asked, though her beauty was marred by the way her teeth ground together.
 
“What good would it do me?” Ranma asked. “I mean, if I got away, you'd still be angry. If not more so.”
 
“True, but where's the fun if you give up now?” Setsuna asked.
 
“Who said I'm giving up?” Ranma smirked as he morphed into a hummingbird and darted out between the ladies legs.
 
“Get back here, Ranma!” Setsuna shook her fist at the hovering bird.
 
Ranma just stuck his tongue out at his companion.
 
“Stop antagonising Setsuna, Ranma. We're nearing that magical timeline,” Jenny interrupting the bickering couple.
 
Ranma morphed back into his male form. “I'm truly sorry, 'Suna-chan. I didn't mean to be mean to you.”
 
Setsuna looked at the prostrate boy on the floor in front of her. “I forgive you, Ranma. Now let's see what we can do to get you back to your manly state.”
 
“Ok,” Ranma smiled at his companion.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Ranma sat down with Setsuna received more information about this world they planned to visit as they ate dinner.
 
“This magic school in England,” Ranma started, “am I going to have to study magic there? As in spending several years as a kid?”
 
“Would that be so bad, Ranma?” Setsuna asked. “From what you told me, you didn't have much of a childhood.”
 
“True, but now it seems that I've got an important mission these days. That's one of the reasons I want to get back to my old body,” Ranma replied.
 
“Only one?” Jenny asked.
 
“Well there are others, but they're between me and 'Suna-chan,” Ranma answered with the merest hint of a blush.
 
Setsuna smiled at the memories of her and Ranma's fun times in the bedroom. “Yes, we need to get this sorted as soon as possible. What can you tell us about the magic in this world, Jenny?”
 
“Magic is commonplace compared to your own native dimensions, though the numbers of magically adept people seems to differ from country to country. For example, Japan and England have so many magically sensitive people, that they have established schools to teach people how to handle their powers. In America and Canada, the cases of magic are so rare, that it is not economical to maintain magic colleges, so they send their students abroad.”
 
“So why am I going to England if Japan has its own magic institutes?” Ranma asked. “I was hoping to spend some time in a relatively familiar land.”
 
“Hogwarts is the best all round magic university in the world. They will be able to help you with your problem,” Jenny explained.
 
“Fair enough. Are there many major changes in this world to mine?” Ranma asked, not wanting to get caught committing any faux pas. The artificially youthened boy shivered when he remembered the last time he went in to a new world completely unprepared.
 
“What's up Ranma?” Setsuna asked, puzzled at the boy's movement.
 
“I just remembered what happened when I went to that weird timeline where Amazons ruled Asia,” Ranma answered.
 
“What? I don't remember that little excursion,” Setsuna sounded a little sad that she hadn't been there to enjoy all of Ranma's adventures.
 
“It was the last but one trip. I was walking down what I thought was a public pathway, what with it being in the middle of Tokyo and all, when I was surrounded by the police,” Ranma recalled. “When I asked what the problem was, they replied that I was out after curfew. True, it was after 9pm, but it turns out that there was a gang of male rogues that were causing trouble. When I protested, they tried to arrest me.”
 
Setsuna was intrigued by this tale. “What happened next?”
 
“I was tempted to run off, but then the gang they were after turned up. I gave them a beat down when they started to cause trouble. That's when it really kicked off,” Ranma explained
 
“Well, I pulled out my sword when they pulled put a gun. It seems that a man with a weapon is a huge no-no in their society. They tasered the punks and arrested us all. I was charged with disturbing the peace and sentenced to community service.”
 
“That doesn't seem so bad, Ranma,” Setsuna pointed out.
 
“I know what you're thinking. But it's wrong. They wanted me to service the Warrior Community.”
 
“Oh.”
 
“Apparently, I'm good breeding stock,” Ranma said with a smile.
 
“Wait, you didn't, did you?” Setsuna asked, reaching out for a knife.
 
“Please, it takes more than a horde of voluptuous sex-starved warrior women to seduce me,” Ranma said in a reassuring voice.
 
The fact that it seemed that these words were being spoken by a 10 year old child made Setsuna feel uncomfortable.
 
“Remember, 'Suna-chan that this was when I was the paragon of manliness that you fell in love with, not this child's body,” Ranma explained in an attempt to reassure the former Senshi of Time.
 
“But still,” Setsuna protested, “I don't like the idea of you going places where women are doing what they can to get into your bed.”
 
“What, you mean things like sneaking aboard this ship and standing in the bathroom wearing only a towel?” Jenny asked playfully.
 
That comment stopped the green haired woman's objections dead.
 
Ranma smiled at his consort. “I care for you deeply, Setsuna. Scratch that, I love you, Setsuna. Nothing will ever change that fact. Not if I have anything to say about it.”
 
Setsuna was torn. She so desperately wanted to take Ranma to the bedroom and do all the naughty things she knew he liked, but he was a child.
 
“We have got to get you sorted, Ranma. Top priority.”
 
“I've hacked into a banking system and set you up some accounts so you can get by. Do be careful, it's not limitless funds and people will get suspicious as to where it came from,” Jenny reminded the two.
 
“Not a problem,” Ranma said, holding Setsuna's hand.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Ranma and Setsuna appeared from nowhere in a secluded section of Leicester train station. The older member of the party made her way to the train timetable, hoping that the trains were not running too late.
 
“So then, 'Suna-chan, which platform do we want?”
 
“Platform 6. Come on, let's get tickets.”
 
@@@@@
 
 
On the train journey, Ranma noted that even with magic, the rail network in Britain was poor compared to his Japan.
 
Setsuna smiled at her companion's comments, before pointing out that their stop was next.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Walking up to the front entrance, Ranma opened the huge oak door easily. Shrugging, he gestured for Setsuna to follow him inside.
 
The two were greeted by the sight of a wizened creature acting as a receptionist.
 
“Can I help you?” it asked.
 
“Yes, I'm here for a consultation on a magic related problem,” Ranma answered.
 
“Yes, I can sense much magical power in you,” the aged individual nodded. “If you'll please wait, I'll ask one of the professors to speak with you.”
 
As Ranma and Setsuna sat on some wooden chairs, they noticed a boy with blonde hair swaggering around.
 
“Oh what have we here?” he asked rhetorically. “So then kid, what are you doing here? Are you going to be enrolling here?”
 
Ranma shrugged. “It depends. I'm really only here to ask a few questions.”
 
The blonde nodded. Then he noticed Setsuna. “Hello, my name's Draco Malfoy.”
 
“Setsuna Meiou,” the emerald haired woman inclined her head in greeting.
 
“So then, how about we ditch the brat and go for a walk,” Draco flirted.
 
“I think not,” Setsuna rebuffed. “I'm way out of your league, sunshine.”
 
“I'm top of my class in wizarding! I can make you fall in love with me,” Malfoy angrily shot back.
 
“Leave her alone,” Ranma warned.
 
“Or what?”
 
“Or I'll get angry,” Ranma smirked.
 
“What can a kid like you do?”
 
“Calm down, Miss,” Ranma advised. “You'll do yourself harm.”
 
Draco frowned as he became a she. “How the bloody hell did you do that?”
 
“Do what?” Ranma innocently asked.
 
“A transmutation spell without an incantation!” Draco shouted.
 
“Oh that? I've been able to do that since before you were a glint in the milkman's eye,” Ranma mocked.
 
“You're what, all of ten?”
 
“Nope. I forget how old I actually am,” Ranma confessed. “But I can assure you that I'm much older than I look. Now piss off before I decide to make your change permanent.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Hot water will make you a guy again. But only until you're splashed with cold water,” Ranma smiled. “Enjoy Jusenkyo's blessing.”
 
Draco screamed in panic, fleeing to her dorm room.
 
“That was mean, Ranma,” Setsuna admonished.
 
“I know,” Ranma nodded.
 
“You're not sorry are you?”
 
“Not in the slightest.”
 
“Ranma!”
 
“All right, I'll cure him before we go,” Ranma promised.
 
An elderly man walked up to the pair, “Ah I see that you're magically gifted.”
 
“Yes. Unfortunately, I've got a problem,” Ranma explained. “Perhaps it would be best if we discussed this in private.”
 
“My name is Professor Dumbledore,” the bearded man extended his hand.
 
“My name is Ranma Saotome, and this is my travelling companion, Setsuna Meiou.”
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
In Dumbledore's office, Ranma got straight to his point.
 
“I'm not from these parts. In fact, I'm not from this reality. I travel from timeline to timeline, saving humanity from an extra-dimensional enemy called the Flid.”
 
Dumbledore nodded, but said nothing.
 
“On my last mission, I was hit by a spell that was meant to kill me, but it turned me into a child.”
 
“I see,” the wizard made a note. “And you want to know if we can help you. Well, I'll need to perform a full magical scan on you. You see that people have only a finite number of uses of their magic, and I need to know how much you have left.”
 
“Ok. When can we start?” Ranma asked eagerly.
 
“As soon as you're ready,” Dumbledore smiled.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Ranma sat in the infirmary, being poked and prodded and scanned and scrutinised.
 
“Are we done yet? I'm hungry,” Ranma mock whined.
 
The doctor smiled at Ranma, though the pigtailed youth could see that he was troubled by something that he saw.
 
“I've never seen anything like it,” the ginger haired doctor admitted. “Normally, you only see tens of thousands of magical uses. Occasionally you see some in the hundreds of thousands. Yours is a lot more than I thought possible, in fact, I'd almost say that you're a `chosen one'.”
 
“I knew that I was special. Now what does this mean for me getting my body back?” Ranma asked.
 
“I must confess that this is not the best magic research facility in the world. That honour goes to the Mahora Academy in Japan.”
 
“Cool, I'm going home to Japan. Anything else to tell me?”
 
“Well, I do have one question, how did you turn Draco Malfoy into a girl?” the doctor asked with a smile.
 
“It's part of my magical suite. I mastered transmutation magic when I was a lot younger,” Ranma explained. “If it drowned, I can curse someone so that they turn into that form. I can lock, change and combine curses and I can even curse myself. Why do you think that my English is so good?”
 
“Drowned language teacher?”
 
“Close. Linguistics expert. I can speak a couple of dozen languages, some of them of non-Earth origin. I can do almost anything, except get my old body back,” Ranma said sadly.
 
“I take it that Setsuna is more than just your travelling companion?”
 
“I love her,” Ranma said without reservation. “That's why I want my adult body.”
 
“Well, if that's what you want, then I suggest you get to the Mahora Academy. Though I would imagine that the faculty here would like to see you as a student,” the ginger man mentioned in an offhand manner.
 
“Sorry, but I'm needed elsewhere. It's a nice offer though,” Ranma smiled.
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Elsewhere, Setsuna was discussing Ranma's situation with Dumbledore.
 
“I want Ranma to get his old body back,” the green haired woman sighed. “Ranma has been through a lot over the years I've known him. Plus there was all the abuse he took when he was growing up the first time, which may explain why he's reluctant to act like his physical age.”
 
Ranma knocked on the door and entered with the doctor.
 
“Anything to declare, Dr. Forster?” Dumbledore asked, turning his head to the brown haired man.
 
“Only that Ranma's total number of uses magic is like nothing I've seen before.”
 
Dumbledore picked up a pair of wire frame glasses with amber lenses. Putting them on, he looked at Ranma and nearly choked in surprise.
 
“Is something wrong, Professor?” Setsuna asked the slightly stunned man.
 
“Nothing at all. It's just that Ranma can use magic over eight billion times. That's unheard of.”
 
Ranma smiled at his companion. “I told you I was magic.”
 
Setsuna shook her head at Ranma's attitude. “So then, Professor, what do you suggest?”
 
“T-the total just went up!” the bearded man stammered. “That's just not possible!”
 
“That's why I was about to suggest that Ranma goes to Mahora for study,” said Dr. Forster.
 
“You are not cutting me open,” Ranma said with an unmistakable tone of finality.
 
“But we need to find out why your total is increasing,” the staff doctor insisted.
 
“No, Ranma is right,” Dumbledore decided. “Tell Mahora that Ranma will be joining them.”

”As a student?” Ranma asked, not liking the sound of that.
 
“You have any better ideas about why you should be on campus of the best magical research facility on Earth?” Setsuna asked the pigtailed boy.
 
“Teacher. It's a school as well, right? So why don't I teach them English or something?” Ranma suggested.
 
“Ah, yes, you did mention that you were a linguistics expert,” the ginger man nodded.
 
“I don't want you to think that I'm trying to sabotage your cure, Ranma, but won't people think it a bit odd that a child is a teacher?” Setsuna asked.
 
Ranma shrugged.
 
Dumbledore nodded. “I think that what Miss Meiou means is that while a child prodigy is one thing when it comes to science or the arts, it's a whole different kettle of fish when it comes to teaching.”
 
Doctor Forster scratched his thinning, ginger hair. “Don't take this the wrong way, but aren't you used to odd things in Japan? Some of the things to come out of your popular culture are, shall we say, a little unusual?”
 
“And what about Morris dancing?” Setsuna countered defensively.
 
“Some schools of thought suggest that it's actually a fertility rite,” Forster replied. “Which is ironic, really, because if people find out you're into Morris dancing, you're not going to be in a situation where being fertile is going to do you any good with the ladies.”
 
“True,” Setsuna giggled in response. “But I suppose if Ranma was able to pass the examinations for a teaching certificate, then I don't see how there could be a problem. Surely you have some kind of magic detection system for testing student.”
 
“That we do, Miss Meiou,” Dumbledore smiled. “I'll arrange for Ranma to take the test. If he passes, then he'll be able to teach at Mahora Academy. If not, then we may still be able to help him enrol as a student there.”
 
“That's great,” Ranma said, jumping forward to shake the old man's hand. “When can we start?”
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
Elsewhere in the boarding school for wizards, a busty girl with short, blonde hair was staring into the mirror above the sink in her room. She turned on the hot water tap and filled up a glass. Upending the tumbler, she turned into a he.
 
Draco sighed in relief.
 
The door opened and a pair of his fellow Slytherin housemates entered.
 
“Hey, Draco,” the taller of the pair called out, “what's this I hear about you having a cracking pair of norks?”
 
“Come on the Draco, get your tits out!” the shorter, stockier boy ribbed the youngest student there.
 
The normally smarmy boy's face started to twitch as the teasing became musical.
 
“Get your tits out, get your tits out, get your tits out for the lads!” the boys chorused before bursting out into laughter.
 
“Piss off!” Draco fumed.
 
“Ok, Drag Queen, we'll leave you to do your cross-dressing in peace.”
 
After the door slammed shut, the blonde punched the wall in frustration. “Damn that little bastard! I'll make him pay.”
 
 
@@@@@
 
 
To be continued…
 
This chapter was pre-read by Chi Vayne.
 
Note-me-do:
 
Do not expect much more Harry Potter, as I don't care for it. Do expect Ranma be in the thick of things when he returns to Japan.
 
 
For those that are concerned that I have made horrendous mistakes with Harry Potter and Hogwarts ands everything else, take note: MAJOR AU HERE! As I wrote earlier, there is a significant magical presence here in this world.
 
Yes, it is controlled and regulated and taxed and enforced by big men with big sticks, but the existence of magic is not a big secret. So in some respects, it's like alchemy in Fullmetal Alchemist, rather than like magic in the Harry Potter books/movies. That is why they were able to get to Hogwarts from Leicester without any trouble.
 
As you can probably guess by the title there may be a few elements stolen from the series Magister Negi Magi. There are also a few ideas that were first used in Maburaho.
 
If there are any questions or comments, then you should know how to contact me by now.