Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ The Life I Had ❯ Shattered Reality ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Life That I Had
By Allie (alliehi_flower@hotmail.com)
Disclaimer: Ranma and the usual gang don't belong to me but the rest are mine.

Chapter One: Shattered Reality

Ranma Saotome. Wild Horse. He was the embodiment of Chaos and so was his life. It was full of peril and excitement. Although harsh, it was still his life and he was happy with it. That was until his father, Genma, took him to China and to a certain Jusenkyou.

Being turned into a girl with cold water wasn't what had made his sanity snap; it was being stuck as one that did it. Genma had been cursed as a panda but could still change back to a man with hot water. Ranma on the other hand couldn't. He... SHE... became a lifeless shell of his former self. She had wandered and learned many different kinds of martial arts. She learned everything she could but the excitement of what the Art had once given her was not there.

Several months later she found herself in Japan once again. Ranma Saotome had died in China and all that was left was her. Reiko Sakura. She started over and went to school. She was always alone and didn't have any friends. She never saw her family again for she did not have one. She got money working at the local restaurant. Her life was dull and her employer never saw her smile once. She lived to accept that she was now not a man but that didn't mean that she was happy with being a woman. She may not have wanted to live but she did it anyway painfully as it was.

Years passed and she graduated without pride nor joy. She had thought that she would probably die old without ever experiencing love again, but that was when HE came. Tomo Aino. He befriended her and for once the loneliness in her heart was gone. He brought happiness into her cold heart once again and then they got married. Although she had tried to give up the art it was still ingrained into her. So everyday when Tomo wasn't at home she would secretly practice her katas and work on her chi manipulation. No one knew that she was a high rank martial artist, all they saw was a dutiful wife.

She got a job at the hotel and lived happily with her dear Tomo. The world was not such a lonely place anymore and she was happy with the peaceful life she had. She had thought that nothing could go wrong that they would grow old together, but she was wrong. It was that fateful day that when the harsh reality came crashing back at her...

+++++++++

A young lady ran back and forth occasionally putting some stuff into the large suitcase on the bed. Her long black hair was kept in a bun and she wore a long sleeve shirt with matching pants. She stopped and looked at the list in her hand making sure that she had everything in the suitcase. Suddenly large arms grabbed her and she turned around surprised. When she saw the dark-haired man she relaxed and smiled giving him a light kiss. When she pulled away he pouted. Seeing his expression she smiled. "Come on Tomo, it is no time for that now. Your flight to Hong Kong is in half an hour."

The man, Tomo, gave a defeated sigh and pushed his silver wire-rim glasses up a little bit. "Okay Reiko, but still..."

Reiko shook her head. "Nope." She bent down and closed the black suitcase. Seeing the disappointed look on his face she gave up and hugged him. He smiled brightly and kissed her. They stood there kissing for several minutes but when Tomo had decided to bring up the passion a notch or two Reiko reluctantly tried to disengage herself. Of course Tomo wouldn't let her and held her closer. "Mmph, mphfhnm.." She said trying her best to protest but he wouldn't listen. He slowly lowered onto the bed next to them and...

*RING!!!*

He stopped sourly and watched as his wife went to answer the phone.

"Moshi Moshi?" She said into the receiver. "Oh Alex, it's you. A huh, what?" Her expression turned to shock as she listened to what her employee told her. "Nani! Hold her off Alex and try to calm her down, I'll be right there!" With that she hung up the phone and gave an apologizing glance at her husband. "I'm sorry Tomo-chan but the bride at the hotel wants to commit suicide after she found out that her baka fiancé had an affair..I have to go. Gomen."

He sighed but gave her a reassuring smile. He stood up from the bed and gave her one last soft kiss. "Just go, besides my flight is about to leave anyway."

She thanked him and got her keys. While she put on her heels and purse smiled at her husband. Just before she left she turned around to look at him one last time. "Bye, I love you."

Tomo smiled and replied. "I love you too...." Turning to leave, she didn't see the look of disgust in his eyes. He whispered disdainfully. "...not..."

+++++++++

The Yamada Hotel had started off as a small hotel, without many customers. It was very simple and perfect for the common people to use. Slowly it had become famous, a popular place for tourists to stay at. It grew in size as more and more people stayed in the modest hotel. From a small hotel, it became a well known five star one. There was a swimming pool with several Jacuzzis, tennis court, weight room, a large dojo for the martial artists that stopped by, and several different varieties of food restaurants in its second floor. The Yamada Hotel now had over 20 floors and a vast surrounding land for the different activities the tourists to try.

Right now though, the most important issue wasn't about how the Yamada Hotel had rose into a five star hotel. It was about the distraught bride-to-be that was currently standing oh-so-close to the roof's edge. The hypocritical fiancé of hers was standing several feet away with about half a dozen nervous Yamada employees.

Alex wiped the sweat coursing down her brow and shot an angry glance at the man beside her. What a conniving, unfaithful, JERK! She thought darkly. She ran her fingers through her short blonde hair as she continued to watch the bride. Several other female employees also gave the bastard icy glares.

The man beside her, Souichi Igari, shivered slightly while fingering his engagement ring, absently thinking what caused him to shiver like that. He was wearing a white dress shirt, his blue tie hung loosely by his neck. There was only a slight breeze but it seemed to have gotten colder.

+++++++++

Reiko frowned as she stared at the road ahead of her. She cursed softly as the light turned red. Flipping her phone open she dialed her employee's cell. She answered on the first ring. "Alex, this is Reiko. How bad is the condition?"

Alex sounded really nervous and she couldn't blame her. It took her several tries for Reiko to finally understand what the girl said. "The bride is still crying on the roof's edge. She moved several inches closer to the edge already. The bastard groom just stands there though."

Reiko scrunched her brow in concentration. "Okay, do as I tell you and I'll try to get there as soon as I can. Stall her by asking her how she feels, as if we don't know, but ask her anyway. Ask her if she thinks it's worth it to die for the jerk. If she still won't come back in, as a last resort.." She sighed. "Make Ling Ling cry." She closed her phone and sped up. Mumbling to herself she said, "For some reason, I don't think that even that last resort is going to stop the bride from jumping."

+++++++++

Alex tried hard not to scream in frustration. She had tried every method Reiko had told her but it only managed to stall the distraught bride for several minutes. Oh please Reiko, come soon! She thought desperately. She glanced at the green haired girl several feet away from her and bit her lip. Should I do it or not? She was forced to take the method that she did not want to take when the other female employees yelled out in desperation as the bride took yet another faithful step closer to the edge. Alex ran towards the tall girl and whispered in her ear.

Ling Ling's eye widened in shock as she listened to what Alex said. Her brown eyes started to water as she sobbed, "What?! I-I'm f-f-fired? Waahh!!" She shook her long green hair in denial. "No, no, no! Why? Tell me why? Waaahhh!!"

The other girls stared at Alex in shock. Alex just brought a finger up to her lips silencing them. They nodded understanding that they were to follow Alex's lead. Alex wrapped her arms around Ling Ling to comfort her.

The brunette bride stared at Ling Ling in surprise. "What's wrong?" Her voice was full of sympathy and pain.

Ling Ling was too busy crying to answer but Alex wasn't. "My friend her was just dumped by her fiancee too. He was sleeping with other women when she wasn't with him."

The bride nodded understanding how the crying girl felt. "He betrayed you too didn't he? Come over here with me and we'll both commit suicide together." She held out her hand to the green haired girl waving her over.

Ling Ling, who was currently not thinking straight, was starting to walk towards bride when Alex pulled her back. Alex held Ling Ling's arm firmly her eyes wide in shock. This wasn't supposed to happen!

"STOP!!"

Alex sighed in relief as she heard the voice. Turning to face the door to the stairway, she called out happily, "Thank God you're here, Reiko!"

Reiko nodded as she walked past the blonde lady. She stopped in front of the bride and scowled. "Why are you doing this?"

The bride snorted angrily. "As if you didn't know. I'm doing this because I found out that my fiancee was out sleeping with another woman!" She gazed hatefully at ground, her soft brown eyes wandering towards her engagement ring.

Reiko sighed, her anger dispersing. "Look, let me ask you two one question. Answer truthfully please. Do you two love each other?" The bride murmured a small yes while the groom slowly nodded his head. Reiko whirled around and faced Souichi. "Tell me this. Do you really love this woman?" Souichi nodded. She rolled her eyes at the man. "Then tell her that you love her then! What are you standing there for? If you love her you would immediately ask her to come back down from the ledge not stand there like an idiot!"

The shorthaired man burst into action practically sprinting to the bride. He hurriedly said words of apology and love to the distraught woman. The bride slowly stopped crying and sniffled lightly at her love. "Do you mean it?" She asked meekly. He nodded and she jumped at him, embracing him tightly.

Reiko sighed in relief along with the other employees present. One person, however, did not sigh in relief. That was..

"Waaahhh!!! The bride's not going to die anymore but I got FIRED!! WAAAHHH!!" Ling Ling cried loudly behind the whole group.

Reiko and Alex looked at each other sheepishly. "Umm..Ling Ling? We got something to tell you.." Ling Ling looked at the two and sniffled.

+++++++++++

Reiko whistled a happy tune as she drove her black Saturn car to the airport. Glancing at her watch she saw that she still had about twenty minutes until her husband left for Hong Kong. Now that the crisis was over she could leave the hotel and say good bye to her husband. Her body tingled with warmth as she thought about Tomo's love for her. She couldn't wait to see him. Hurriedly parking her car she dashed inside the airport. She headed over to Gate 12 and looked around for her husband. Her blue eyes darting back and forth she finally spotted a familiar dark-haired man. He was standing there with his luggage at his feet looking ever so handsome. She raised her hand and prepared to call his name when her heart shattered.

A tall woman about two years older than her ran towards her husband and hugged him. She was wearing a pink halter top and tight black leather pant. She leaned back from Tomo and they kissed passionately. Tomo ran his fingers through the woman's short brown hair and moved the other down further.

She stared stoic at the two, her face frozen in shock and pain. Tomo continued to kiss the woman until he saw her. He tried to dislodge himself from the brunette but she held on to him nibbling his ear and then kissing his face. She stopped what she was doing and looked in Reiko's direction. She looked at the man in her arms and asked, "Who is she?" Tomo didn't say anything and neither did Reiko.

Reiko whirled around walking away from the horrible couple, tears of pain streaming down her soft complexion. That was when her reality was shattered, for a second time.

+++++++++

End Chapter One.

Author Notes: Finally finished this chapter.. I don't know what people think about an onna-Ranma marrying a guy but I personally thought that this was a neat twist. If it's OOC then please forgive me! Oh well, tell me what you think about this. C&C welcome although flames will be promptly stomped.