Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Two Halfs Equal One Whole? ❯ Prolog Tendo's Request ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Ranma ½ and I do not ask for any money when I write this. This is for my own and others enjoyment.

Inside the Tendo Dojo there was a tall skinny man and a large balding man sitting hunched over an old shogi board while drinking warm sake out of the bottle. The tall skinny man brought a bottle of sake with his shaky hands to his lips and nearly spilt his drink all over himself. This man's name is Tendo Soun and his large companion is Saotome Genma.

Soun looks to be on the verge of tears when at last he could not hold in his grief and he broke down into crocodile tears. He pauses in between crying to say, "Saotome my friend. We have known each other for a long time. We have survived the master's wrath many times over. But now I have a dilemma." As he finished saying this he broke down into another crying fit.

The large balding man shudders at the mere mention of the his old master, while putting his hand on his friend's shoulder to try to comfort his grief stricken friend. "It's ok Tendo-san. What ever this dilemma is, I will do my best to help you."

This brings Soun out of his crying fit long enough for him to say, "Thank you Saotome." He took in a deep breath before continuing, "It has already been a month since my dearest wife has passed away, and I have already noticed the effect on my daughters. Kasumi, my oldest has taken it upon her to take responsibilities of the household duties. While, Nabiki, my middle child had locked herself in her room. She only comes down for meals and school.

"But worst of all, is my youngest, Akane. Ever since her mother has passed away, she has been training in the martial arts with great vigor. I would love to train her more in my style," he took a deep shuddering breath, "but I don't have the heart for it anymore."

"That's not true. You still have the heart for it no matter what has happened." Genma said in as strong, but reassuring way.

Soun shakes his head and begins to ball once again. While Soun is occupied, Genma decides that the game of shogi was not going in his favor so he swipes a few of Souns pieces and replaces them with his own. After patting himself on the back Genma tried to calm his old training buddy's emotional storm.

"It's ok Tendo-san. I will help you out with anything."

"Anything?" Soun questions.

"Anything." Genma replies.

Soun's mood changes from depressing sadness, to estatic happiness. "I have heard that you are going to go on a training journey with your son. Is that true?"

Genma hesitates for a second, for he knew Soun to be an emotional person, but he has never seen his friend this emotional. "Yes… yes I am."

"Good. I want you to take my youngest daughter, Akane, on this training journey." Genma started to protest but Soun put up his hand and continues, "You said you would do anything for me."

"But I can't train her. She's a girl, and I don't know how to train a girl."

"It's not that hard. It's just like training a boy."

"Alright, alright. I will train her in the basic, but you have to train her in the Tendo school when we return." Genma relented.

"Good. Then it's all settled. But promise me. Promise me that you will train her to be a lady, and not just a good martial artist."

"Uh… I will try. Tendo-san."

A/N: This is my first fanfic and I know that this part is short. More will be up at a later time. Reviews are accepted and flames will only trigger my sprinkler set to turn on and be put out.

A/N Update 5-15: I just fixed a few spelling errors. Also Kasume is now Kasumi, Thanks Rabid Badger.

Seguh.