Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ What the Koi saw ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]
What the Koi saw
The youngest of the koi relaxed in the shallows waiting for Provider to come. Oldest-of-the-Old says Provider always came when the light came, and when the light went away. Provider had long dark coloring on it's head, and strangely colored skin that seemed to go all the way out of sight. Not like the Loud-One, or the Sad-One, or the Quiet-One. But Oldest-of-the-Old said Provider always brought the good food, and sometimes made the nice noises, even when the surface shimmered like the small crunchies were there but were not there. Ah, Provider comes. And here comes the good food...
What's this? There was a loud noise, and the water moved... Now something new is here. Wait, it's moving. It's another, like Provider. Will it give us food? No, this one gives us no food, like the rest. Maybe Provider will come again soon. The Red-One makes a loud noise, then the Red-One leaves us...
Something else is here... A big furry thing. Wait, it moves. Will it give us food? No, the Red-One makes a noise, then the Big-Furry leaves...
Soon the Red-One is again here with us. Maybe it has food? The Red-One makes a noise and leaves us quickly...
The light comes again, bringing Provider and food. Provider stays for a while, making pretty noises, then leaves...
Provider is doing something near. Is it time for the light to go away? No, but Provider is still there, making the pretty noises and doing something that makes the surface shimmer. Food? I'll nibble to find out. No, it's Provider, trailing fins in the water. Provider looks at me, then leaves...
The light went away, and Provider came again. Provider brought the good food this time...
The light came back and Provider brought the good food again...
-Time passes-
The Provider came today, and made the pretty noises for a while. Then Provider left, and the Big-Furry and the Red-One played over us. The Provider made a loud noise, and both Big-Furry and Red-One fell in with us. They both left us, neither one of them leaving food for us... Maybe next time...
-Time passes-
The Loud-One came today, and the surface shimmered from the fins that Loud-One was placing in them. I nibble on them and Loud-One takes them out.
It is dark again. Provider came a while ago, and the food was good as usual. Now Red-One and another are playing over us. Red-One fell in a little while ago, and got out making noises.
It is light again, and Provider came again. Provider made the pretty noises for a while, then left. A little while later, Loud-One came home looking different. The coloring on Loud-One's head-fur was different. Instead of the long streak down Loud-One's back, it now only covered Loud-One's head, like the Quiet-One...
Today, Oldest-of-the-Old left us. Provider found Oldest-of-the-Old and Provider's face changed. Water fell from Provider and landed in the pond. Provider started making sad noises, then took Oldest-of-the-Old away. Provider shouldn't look like that...
Red-One came and got short right outside our pond. Red-One looked at us, then put some a fin in the water. I went and nibbled on Red-One, and Red-One's face changed. Red-One made a happy noise, then left. Provider came again, then it was dark.
There is a new one in the water today. I am no longer Youngest, that is for our newest one. Today, I am Not-Youngest...
Loud-One is coming, and Loud-One is carrying something small and black in it's fins. Food, maybe? No, it's just Small-Thing, the thing we have seen wondering around recently. Loud One always seems to fight Red-One when Red-One picks on Small-Thing. Maybe Small-Thing is Loud-One's baby, even though it doesn't really look like Loud-One...
I just noticed something different about Red-One. Red-One likes changing it's head-fur color. Many times I have seen it go from red to black when Provider gives it the water holder. I think I will rename Red-One to Red-Black-One..
It's dark. Provider came a while ago, and I don't see anyone. Wait, I see Red-Black-One on the High-Place again. Loud-One is going to be mad. Small-Thing is being chased by Red-Black-One. Red-Black-One has the water holder. They run across the High-Place. Then I see someone new on the High-Place. Red-Black-One hits the new one with the long black head-fur and knocks it off the High-Place. I blink and Red-Black-One is holding the new one in it's fins on the High-Place. I blink again and the new one is giving Red-Black-One something, then lets out a scary sound. I think it's name is Scary-Noise-One. Then they are all out of my sight...
-Time passes-
Today, Provider came and gave us a lot of good food. Provider made the pretty noises that made us all happy. After a while, Big-Furry went into the High-Place with a new one. The new one had long head-fur and really pretty coloring on it's body. The new one reminds me of something the Oldest-of-the-Old told me about once. The Oldest-of-the-Old called it a Big-Tooth-Always-Hungry. There were some loud noises from inside the High-Place. Loud-One came out of the High-Place and made some noises while hitting Not-Red-Black-One, then Big-Tooth chased Red-Black-one around the High-Place, sometimes jumping over us. A while later, Loud-One, Quiet-One, and Provider were looking around the edge of the High-Place...
-Time passes-
Provider came tonight and made it's pretty noises after giving us food. The light went away, then I heard a sad noise. Big-Tooth was making sad noises near our pond, and water fell from it's eyes...

Red-Black-One Ranma
Loud-One Akane
Quiet-One Nabiki
Provider Kasumi
Sad-One Soun
Big-Furry Panda-Genma
Not-Big-Furry Human-Genma
Big-Tooth Shampoo PRECURSE
Dark-Eyes-with-Horns Gosenkugi
Small-Furry cat or Cat-form Shampoo
Big-Eyes-White-Fur Cologne
Scary-Noise-One Kodachi
Metal-Fin Ukyo
Dirty-Yellow Ryoga
High-Place house
Small-Tasty-Green and Tasty-Green bushes and trees