Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ You're MINE! ❯ Game Over ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
 
GAME OVER
 
Ukyo stared in shock as Akane was standing next to one of the goons glaring at her with a sick smirk.
 
Suddenly, Akane starts to walk up to her. She grabs Ukyo hard by her cheeks and stares her dead in the eyes. “I bet you were glad when you heard I was dead, Huh? Thought your problems finally came to an end, right? Well, guess what bitch? Your problems are just beginning.” Akane let's go of Ukyo's face, but not before giving it a hard shove.
 
Ukyo quickly stares back with hatred. “How can you be standing here? The police said they found your burn out corpse in the car wreckage.”
 
“Wrong! They found the body of a burned out woman in the car wreckage, it wasn't me.” Akane corrected Ukyo, her sick grin still on her face.
 
“Then who's body was it?!” Ukyo screamed getting impatient.
 
“Let's just say someone else got on my bad side when I was in prison. Now that someone no longer exists. Beside, I'd worry more about myself if I were you. Oh yes, I've got big plans for you Ukyo, you and Ranma both.” Akane notices the scared look on Ukyo's face intensify. Pleased by this, she continues. “You see these last couple of years out here did me some good. I've come to realize a lot. One thing I realized. Ranma truly has stopped loving me, and anything I do will never make things the way they were before you took him away from me.
 
Ukyo gives a surprise look at Akane.
 
“That's right Ukyo, I admit it. You've won the battle. Ranma is yours not mine. I've finally come to accept this. I'll admit. I'm quite the stubborn one, but now I've accepted the truth.”
 
Ukyo didn't know what to think. This Akane was nothing like the one she last saw. This Akane was calm. She didn't lose her temper at the drop of a hat like the old Akane. Even when Akane called her a bitch, she said it in such a calm soft manner; it was almost hard to get offend by it. In many ways Akane was reminding Ukyo of her oldest and nicest sister, Kasumi. Perhaps Akane can be reason with now, Ukyo thought. Going with this possibility, Ukyo speaks. “Well, if you really feel that way? Why didn't you just move on with your life? Everybody thinks you're dead. You could've started a new life and left this one behind.” Ukyo finished, asking with pleading eyes.
 
Akane just gives her a calm smile and shakes her head. “You haven't been listening Ukyo. I said you won the battle for Ranma, but you will never win the war.” Akane's eyes flash a spark of hatred. It was quick, but Ukyo noticed. “Ranma is now my enemy just like you are. I'm going to make sure you both pay for screwing up my life. Ranma betrayed me. We were fated to be together. We were supposed to carry on the legacy of Anything Goes Martial Arts. But thanks to you and Ranma's weakness, all of this is ruined. If I can't have a happy ending, I'm going to make sure you two can't have one either.”
 
“Just what are you and that Ice Bitch planning.” Ukyo asked, her hatred for Akane returning. Before Akane could answer, Nabiki butts in.
 
“Sticks and stones Ukyo, sticks and stones. We're going to make Ranma regret the day he decided to leave my little sister for your dirty ass. You will be our prisoner until we decide to kill you. I would've had you killed already, but this was all Akane's idea. So, I'm going to let her explain the rest of it. Akane?” Nabiki said smiling at her.
 
“Gladly. You see Ukyo it's very simple. We're going to test just how much Ranma really loves you. Call it a game if you want. One of Nabiki's employees is going to send Ranma a message telling him about the kidnapping. He will be told to come alone to save you, but it won't be easy. Professional hired muscle will be blocking his path as he tries to make it here. If he gets here in time, then I'll let you go, and as you said, move on with my life. However, for every half hour he is late… Well,” Akane walks up to Ukyo. She quickly pulls her fist back and punches Ukyo in the face. Because Ukyo is tied up, she couldn't do anything but take the punch. Her lip starts to bleed. “I will personally torture you for ten minutes.” Akane finished smiling. “OH! And that punch was just an example of what I have in store for you.” She quickly added.
 
A now furious Ukyo, shouts out. “I hate you bitch! Ranma is going to make short work of your professional hired muscle! Ranma loves me and he will rescue me!”
 
“For your sake I hope so,” Akane quickly countered. “Because if he doesn't I will have you begging me to kill you before I'm done. I've been doing a lot of studying on how to torture, during my two year stay here. See, I was thinking of many different ways of making you suffer. I even considered killing Ranma for a while. But, then it hit me, why kill him when I could make him suffer too. This is what the game is all about. Him coming to save you and suffering in his heart, because he will know that if he's late, I will be torturing you. Of course if he doesn't show up in time to stop me, you'll die a sad and very painful death.”
 
Ukyo looks into Akane's eyes and knew she meant every word she said. Ukyo begins getting scared again. She wasn't like the old Akane. This Akane was much more evil and deadly. Ukyo realized thinking to herself. This Akane just wanted to see people suffer; she had no more feelings at all. She'd become just like her middle sister, maybe even worst. Ukyo suddenly hears Akane speak again.
 
“Don't for one minute think I'm bluffing Ukyo.” Akane said as if she read her mind. “I intend on spending some quality time with you. Ranma's not the only one who'll hear how loud you can scream. HA HA HA! Akane finished laughing at her own joke.
 
“Akane Plea-” Ukyo begins, but Akane cuts her off.
 
“Until the game begins enjoy Nabiki's secret getaway. I will have one of the goons serve you what could be your last meal. Hell, I'll even let you watch television, all until the games begin. After all, I wouldn't want you to think I'm a monster right? HA HA HA!” Akane ended once again laughing. “TAKE HER INSIDE!” Akane shouted at a couple of goons. The goons quickly run up to Ukyo and help her up the stairs and into the cabin. Before Ukyo entered she turns around.
 
“Ranma will save me, you hear, he will save me!!!” Ukyo was finally pushed inside the cabin.
 
Akane just gives Ukyo a blank stare, then turns towards Nabiki. “Well, phase one is complete. Get everything ready for tomorrow. I can't wait to get my hands on Ukyo.”
 
“What if Ranma does make it in time? He's possibly one of the greatest martial artist in the world.” Nabiki asked concern about this game Akane insist on playing.
 
“No matter what happens this feud ends tomorrow. If Ranma does show up in time…” Akane turns and walks towards the hot springs.
 
“Akane!” Nabiki shouts, but Akane didn't turn around or answer. She just heads for the hot springs in the back of the cabin.
 
NEKO HANTEN
 
It wasn't long before Ranma, Shampoo, and Mousse noticed something was wrong. Ukyo told Shampoo she was going to get some groceries from the store, but she never came back. After about an hour and a half, the gang decides to close up the restaurant and go look for her. They start off by going to their favorite market place for ingredients. They asked all of the merchants they buy from if they've seen Ukyo come by. All of them said they didn't see her at all today. Ranma was starting to get worried. This wasn't like Ukyo at all.
 
“What if something happened to her?” Ranma asked worried.
 
“No. Ukyo can take care of herself.” Mousse said trying to cheer Ranma up.
 
“Maybe she got side tracked by something else.” Ranma said agreeing for his own sake.
 
“Ukyo come back soon, yes.” Shampoo said joining Mousse in cheering Ranma up.
 
“I hope so. If not then I'm going to the police.”
 
“No need to do that young man.” Ranma quickly looks over at the person who just said that.
 
A man standing against the wall looking at Ranma with a devilish grin. He gets off the wall and makes his way towards Ranma and the gang.
 
Ranma, not liking the vibes he was getting from the man quickly gets into a defensive stance. “What do you mean? Do you know what happened to Ukyo?”
 
The man looks at Ranma and smiles. “As a matter of face young man I do.”
 
“Where is she?! If you don't tell me!” Ranma started to scream at the guy, but the man didn't look intimidated at all.
 
“Hey calm down Romeo. I've been sent to give you a message. Of course if you insist on being rude I'll just turn back and you'll never see me or Ukyo again.” The man finished looking at Ranma daringly.
 
Ranma, sensing the guy was serious, calms down. “What's the message?” Rage was boiling through Ranma's veins, but he tries his best to hold his emotions.
 
“That's better,” the guy said smiling again. “I could tell you, but I think it's best if you listen for yourself.” The guy pulls out a tape recorder and pushes the play button. After a few seconds a grimy voice starts talking.
 
“Ranma Soatome. If you're listening to this it means you discover the one you call Ukyo is missing. We currently have Ukyo in our possession. She's fine and being treated like a guest. This, however, will not last. You and Ukyo are guilty of unforgivable acts and will be punished for them. Still, we are civilized people and will give you a sporting chance to save her from her fate. Have you ever been in a tournament Ranma? Because to get your love back you must defeat some of the best hired muscle around the world, fighters who waited years to challenge you. The guy in front of you has a map giving you direction on how to reach use. Come alone Ranma. Call the cops, she dies. If any one comes along with you, she dies. Most importantly, if you don't defeat your challengers and show up in time, we'll torture her before we let her die. This torture won't be quick. It will be a very slow, painful, process. Every half an hour you're late, we'll torture your loving Ukyo for ten minutes straight. Each ten minutes will be more painful then the last. I'd advise you to hurry, because once our torturer gets bored, this person will finish the job. So take the map, defeat the challengers, save the damsel in distress. I'll be waiting.” The tape stops.
 
“I was also told to tell you this tournament begins at dawn tomorrow.” The guy says, putting the tape recorder back in his jacket. “I'd advise you to get ready. You have a long day tomorrow Romeo. You have two hours to reach your Juliet, before the torturing begins. Understand?”
 
Ranma glares at him with pure hatred, but nods his head.
 
“Good boy. Well, good luck Romeo, you'll need it.” The guy turns and walks away. Soon he disappears into the crowd in the Market Place.
 
“What are you going to do Ranma?” Mousse asked looking concerned.
 
“What else can I do? I have no choice but to go and rescue her,” Ranma answered with venom in his voice.
 
“Shampoo go too!” Shampoo shouted with fury.
 
Ranma quickly turns and looks at her hard. “No you can't go with me. Didn't you hear the recording? If they see me with someone they'll kill Ukyo before I can get to her. I have to go alone, there's no other choice. I will rescue her don't worry. No two bit hired thugs is going to keep me from her.” Ranma finished with venom in his voice.
 
“Well, I believe in you Ranma.” Mousse said showing his support. “You must go and get her back. The world will lose a great soul in Ukyo.”
 
“I will Mousse. I'm going to make who ever is behind this pay. I'll show no mercy!” Ranma finished, shouting.
 
“Let go home Ranma. Must prepare for tomorrow. Shampoo cook Ranma special meal for tomorrow battle” Shampoo said smiling.
 
“Yes let's go home.” Ranma looks at the sky. I'm coming for you baby don't worry. Please stay strong until then.” Ranma cries in a sad voice.
 
Both Shampoo and Mousse look at Ranma with sadness and concern. Ranma, Mousse, and Shampoo walk back towards the Neko Hanten. Getting ready for the hard day they must soon face, especially Ranma.
 
NABIKI'S CABIN: THE NEXT DAY
 
Ukyo was sleeping on a nice comfy sofa. Yesterday was terrifying, but relaxing. Nabiki and Akane let her watch satellite television all day and night. Boy did they have a lot of channels, Ukyo once thought. The goons tended to her every need without question. Akane was mostly in the hot spring singing and reading. This scared Ukyo, because what she thought about Akane was true, she no longer cared for human life. Akane in Ukyo's mind was more dangerous than Nabiki now. She even wondered if Nabiki still had control over the situation.
 
Nabiki herself would leave and return every now and again. The last time she left, she came back with dinner for everyone including herself and Nabiki's hired goons. At first, Ukyo didn't want to eat because she didn't trust the food. Nabiki told her it was safe, but Ukyo wouldn't buy it. When she saw the other people eating her stomach started to growl. Finally after a couple hours Ukyo kindly asked Nabiki for some food. Nabiki had a goon untie her arms. After he was done, another goon pointed his gun at her. Nabiki told her to dig in, but not to try anything.
 
Akane was watching a movie she enjoyed. Ironically, the movie was about an obsessed ex-girlfriend making her ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriends life a living hell. Akane was enjoying everything the ex-girlfriend was doing, and at times looked at Ukyo with a smirk. Ukyo just ignored her though.
 
Finally around eleven o clock, Nabiki came in and turned off the television. She told Ukyo it was time to sleep. She had a goon lead her to a huge sofa and laid her down. They tied her arms and legs to the sofa and had a different goon watch her every couple of hours through the night. Ukyo was uncomfortable, but after a while, tiredness over came her and she fell asleep.
 
SPLASH!!!
 
Ukyo suddenly jumps up. She found herself all wet. She also realize a second later that her legs and feet were no longer tied to the sofa. When Ukyo quickly gained her senses, she notices Akane standing over her with a bucket smiling. She also notices Nabiki standing by her with two of her goons. One goon was holding a gun on her.
 
“Oh! I'm sorry. Did I disturb your beauty sleep?” Akane asked in a cold uncaring voice.
 
“It's time Ukyo.” Nabiki said in a plain voice.
 
The goon walk over to her and help her up. The other goon kept his gun steady on her. The goon tie Ukyo's arms again.
 
“Let's get started shall we.” Nabiki said walking out the room. Akane and the goons follow with Ukyo.
 
The goons lead her to a room in the back of the Cabin. Inside the room is one hard wooden chair. The goon sit her down and tie both her arms and legs together. Water was still dripping off of her leaving a small puddle.
 
Ukyo tries one more time to reason with Akane. “Akane please stop this. This proves nothing. Just let me go and move on with your life. Just leave Ranma-kun and me alone.”
 
Akane however, didn't like Ukyo calling Ranma, Ranma-kun, so her answer was quick. She walks in front of Ukyo and gives her a hard slap across the face. “Shut up Ukyo. Nothing can to stop this now. Everything is in place. If Ranma-kun”, Akane said in a mocking tone, “really loves you, then he should have no problem saving you.”
 
Ukyo finally caught on to something. “What are you trying to prove Akane huh? You trying to prove that Ranam loves you more because of all the times he saved you? Is that it? How pathetic. Even if Ranma and I weren't a couple, he'd still save me because we're best friends. You just can't let it go can you Akane? If Ranma did choose you in the end, I would've respected his wish. Why? Because true love is seeing the person you love happy, even if that person isn't with you. The fact that you can't accept this makes you a very pathetic person. What Ranma saw in you in the first place is beyond me. You're just a sad, insecure, little girl.”
 
Akane, having heard enough, snaps. “SHUT UP BITCH!” She starts punching Ukyo in the face. SHUT! UP! SHUT! UP! SHUT! UP! SHUT! UP! SHUT! UP! WHAT DO YOU KNOW?! YOU KNOW NOTHING!”
 
Suddenly Nabiki steps in. “Akane! Stop it! Remember the game. You're supposed to wait first.”
 
Akane looks at Nabiki with fury in her eyes. “I hate her Nabiki. I HATE HER!” Akane screamed.
 
“I know you do Akane, but we already agreed to the game. Just wait and see if Ranam shows up. You're out to punish both remember?”
 
Akane calms down.
 
It was so fast it took a now blooded lip, blacked eyed Ukyo by surprise.
 
“You're right Sister. I almost lost it there.” Akane then turns her back towards Ukyo. “Think what you want bitch. You just better pray Ranma shows up. As you can tell, I can't wait to get my hands on you.” With that said, she leaves the room.
 
Nabiki looks at Ukyo. “If you want a chance at living, I strongly suggest you don't provoke her again. You don't know how bad she wants to kill you.” She then takes a good look at Ukyo's new wounds. “Then again, maybe you do.” She then turns and looks at the goon who witnessed the whole incident. “Clean her up.” Nabiki then leaves the room. The goon soon follows, but comes back with a wet cloth and some alcohol. He starts tending to Ukyo's new wounds.
 
NEKO HANTEN: DAWN
 
Ranma gets up bright and early. This wasn't too hard to do, since he didn't get much sleep. He kept having nightmares about Ukyo and what could be happening to her. One person who kept entering his mind was Akane. However, Ranma kept dismissing the idea. Akane is dead. There's now way she could have anything to do with this, Ranma kept telling himself. Still the thoughts wouldn't go away. In the end, Ranma was convinced the people behind this were thugs who wanted to challenge him and beat the Anything Goes Martial Arts style.
 
“The fools” Ranma said, sounding very cocky. “They're going to wish they never mess with me and my fiancé!” Ranma gets up from his bed and puts on his traditional Chinese wear. Inside the left pocket was the map the man gave him yesterday. The map pointed to a forest outside of Nerima. The directions lead Ranma through the town down a deserted road, and finally to the forest area. “Okay Ranma let's get this over with.” Ranma says to himself. “The sooner I find her the better.” He leaves his room and walks down the stairs. Just before he heads out the restaurant door, he hears Shampoo shout his name.
 
“RANMA! WAIT!” Ranma turns around and address the Amazon.
 
“I don't have time to talk Shampoo. I only have two hours to save Ukyo or she's dead.”
 
“Shampoo know. Shampoo just wanted to give Ranma ramen meal to go.” Shampoo holds up container with steam coming out of it. “Not healthy for Ranma to fight on empty stomach yes.”
 
Ranma looks at the container and smiles. “Thanks Shampoo. I'll eat it on the way.” Ranma takes the container off of Shampoo and heads out the door.
 
“Good Luck Ranma!” Shampoo shouts. Ranma just waves at her as he leaves the restaurant.
 
Ranma starts to head in the direction of the forest, when he hears Mousse call out to him.
 
“Ranma! Wait!” Ranma still walking responds.
 
“Not now Mousse. I gotta rescue Ukyo!” Ranma shouted now getting frustrated by all the interruptions.
 
“I know. I just wanted to say good luck Ranma. I know you'll get her back. I would go with you, but I don't know how many people might be watching us right now. Kick anyone's ass that gets in your way. And give the leader of this mess a nice beating for me. Ukyo is my friend, and I don't like anyone picking on my friends.” Mousse finished looking angry.
 
“You can count on it Mousse. I'll bring her back and make these people pay. You and Shampoo prepare a celebration dinner for later.” Ranma said, joking a little.
 
“Good idea Ranma.” Mousse agreed winking at him.
 
“Okay! I'm off!” Ranma shouted, running in the direction the map gives.
 
 
6:20 AM NERIMA TIME
 
Ranma heads for the road area on the map. While he was running, he was eating Shampoo's noodles at the same time. The noodles taste great, and for some reason Ranma's senses got a lot better. He was now more focused on where he was going, and he no longer felt tired. He drinks the soup that was left to wash all the noodles down. Finally Ranma reach the road on the map. It leads right into the forest area. Just before he steps on the road, a large dagger is thrown at him. Ranma sees it coming and jumps out of the way.
 
“Not so fast pretty boy.” A tall muscular man step in front of Ranma blocking his path. “You didn't think it would be that easy did you?”
 
“So you're one of the scum I must face to rescue to Ukyo?” Ranma shouted.
 
The guy just smile and answers, “What if I am? You're not getting past. Not until you beat me anyway. I'm the best fighter in Germany. I heard a lot about the great Ranma Saotome. Well, all I see is a love sick, punk, kid.”
 
“Oh, yeah! We'll see who's a punk after I get through with you!” Ranma shouts charging at the guy.
 
The man steps back and take out five throwing knives. He aims at Ranma and throws them one by one.
 
Ranma easily dodge each knife. Ranma finally reaches the guy and throws a quick punch. The fighter blocked it and does a back flip out of Ranma's path.
 
He takes out a long dagger and licks the tip. “Perhaps I should tell you who I am. They call me Edge, AKA the man with a thousand blades. I'm going to slice you into hamburger patties.” He attacks Ranma and starts swinging his blade in a professional knife handling motion.
 
Ranma blocks every attack. Finally having enough, Ranma decides to let this guy know how powerful he really is. He gets on the offensive and starts throwing punches at a rapid rate.
 
Edge tries to block the punches with his dagger, but he's too slow. Some of the punches get through his guard and knocks him back.
 
Ranma continuing the offensive, throws a sharp roundhouse kick that hit Edge clean in the Jaw. Edge is knocked off his feet by the hard blow and lands hard on the ground.
 
Ranma smiles.
 
Edge feels his chin to see if his jaw was still in place. Luckily for him it still was. The man gets up and looks at Ranma with anger. “I guess it's time I stop playing with you. It's time you know why they call me the man with a thousand blades. SUPER BLADE BARRAGE!!!”
 
Suddenly Ranma was shocked as a seemingly endless amount of throwing knives was heading his way. The first one left a small cut on his cheek. Ranma uses his hand speed to reflect the others away. Finally when the barrage was over Ranma starts to attack Edge, but Edge wasn't in front of him.
 
Ranma noticed this a bit too late as Edge grabs Ranma from behind in a headlock. “You're finished pretty boy!” Edge screams.
 
Ranma tries to break free, but the guy is very stong. The guy, however, didn't realize that Ranma was stronger. And soon Ranma slowly begins to break out of the headlock.
 
Edge sensing this pulls out a jagged knife and tries to cut Ranma's throat. Both men struggle as Edge moves the knife closer and closer to Ranma's throat. “Die you bastard!” Edge screams “DIE!”
 
Ranma starts elbowing Edge in the side of his body. After four solid hits Edge finally let's go. He immediately charges Ranma again with his jagged knife. “ENOUGH!” Ranma screams. He quickly knocks the knife out of Edge's hand. And before edge can react, Ranma begins a brutal flurry of punch and kicks. Each one landing solid on Edge's face and body. Ranma finally finished his massive combo with a deadly uppercut that almost takes Edge's head off. Edge is sent flying through that air and lands hard on the ground out cold.
 
Ranma walks up to Edge and checks his body. Seeing that the man was out, Ranma rushes for the forest area. Knowing that he was one step closer to freeing Ukyo, nothing or no one was going to stop him now.
 
 
6:55 AM NERIMA TIME
 
 
Ranma, now at the forest entrance, begins to look around to see if there was anyone there. When he sees there wasn't, he starts to go inside the forest. It was surprisingly deep and dark. There are many tall trees filled with huge branches and leafs. Ranma pulls his map out to make sure he was going the right way. Once he was convinced, he continues down the path.
 
While he was walking through the forest he suddenly stops. Ranma quickly starts looking around. He could've sworn he heard something. After about a minute, Ranma continues walking toward the direction on the map. Suddenly Ranma stops again and looks around. Now he knew someone else was in the forest besides him. So Ranma decides to call them out. “I KNOW YOU'RE THERE! COME OUT AND FACE ME!”
 
“HA HA HA HA!” A shadowy figure begins moving behind the trees.
 
Ranma heard the threat, but couldn't see him. Suddenly he hears a gunshot.
 
BANG!
 
A bullet quickly zips past him. Ranma suddenly gets on the defensive and starts running. Ranma makes sure he's still running in the direction of Ukyo. He suddenly hears more gunshots.
 
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
 
Ranma uses his quick speed to dodge each bullet will still continuing on his way. Then suddenly a gunshot is fired at him from the front.
 
Bang!
 
Ranma quickly ducks the bullet as it flies right past him.
 
“Not so fast friend. I want to play with you first.” The mysterious figure in the shadow said darkly. “Every master hunter must test their prey abilities before the kill. It makes things much more exciting. HA HA HA!”
 
“I'M NO ONES PREY!” Ranma screams getting angry. “COME ON OUT AND FACE ME ALREADY!”
 
“I think not kung fu kid. If you want me, you gotta find me.” The figure quickly moves deeper in to the shadows of the forest, but can easily still see his prey. To let his prey know this, he fires another shot.
 
BANG!
 
Ranma jumps out the way getting angrier. “COWARD!”
 
“HA HA HA HA! Say what you want kung fu kid, but you won't be leaving this forest anytime soon. I have traps of all kinds planted all over the area. Not to mention you still have to deal with me. HA HA HA!”
 
Bang!
 
The figure fires another shot. Ranma jumps out the way, but lands on an explosive device. Luckily Ranma quick reflexes aloud him to jump off it just before it explodes.
 
BAM!!!!
 
Ranma is sent flying into a tree, and lands hard on the ground.
 
“MUHAHAHAHA! Your proving to be quite the interesting prey. That explosion would've kill any normal man by now.”
 
Ranma gets up and regains his composer. “THAT'S IT! If you won't come get me, I'll come get you.” Ranma starts to carefully look around in the forest.
 
Bang!
 
The shadowy figure fires again, but Ranma sees the spark just before he dodges the bullet. “THERE!” Ranma's screams running towards the figure.
 
BANG! BANG! BANG!
 
The figure fires three fast shoots, but Ranma jumps on a tree branch. Then he dives towards the place the sparks are coming from.
 
The shadowy figure tries to fire again, but the gun clicks. “Damn!” The figure screams as he realizes he's out of bullets. He quickly starts to reload, but he sees Ranma rushing for him. The figure pulls out a grenade and throws it at Ranma.
 
Ranma seeing the grenade quickly jumps out the way.
 
BOOM!!!
 
The grenade goes off. Ranma duck for cover to avoid any flying objects from hitting him. When Ranma tries to gets back up, he sees a man standing over him with a gun pointed at his head. The figure has an army uniform with black military paint completely covering his face. His eyes were a raging blue, and his mouth was in a cocky grin.
 
“It looks like I'm taking too many chances with you kid. Preys no fun when it tries to fight back. I think I'll kill you now and pick up my reward.”
 
“Reward?” Ranma begins to question. “Who sent you people after me anyway?”
 
“Wouldn't you like to know?” The military man said grinning. “Sorry kid I don't give the name of my employer. Not professional. Then again since you're going to die anyway, why not. My employer is a hot young Asian lady by the name of Naboki or something. I could never get Japanese names right.
 
“Nabiki!” Ranma said in anger.
 
“Yeah, that's her. Now that you know, DIE!” Just before the military figure pulled the trigger, Ranma quickly shove a stone inside the gun barrel.
 
Bang!
 
When the gun went off, it pops out of the military guys hand. It falls on the ground. The guy tries to pick it up. But Ranma stops him.
 
“You're MINE! Ranma screams. He uppercuts the guy in the face knocking him to the ground. “Damn Nabiki! This time she went too far. I'm! I'm! So! Mad! When will they leave us alone?!” Ranma sees the guy getting back up. Ranma suddenly looks at him with pure rage. “And you would help kidnap Ukyo and try to kill me for MONEY!” Ranma picks the military guy up and looks at the remaining forest area. He remembers what the guy said about there being trap all through the forest. “It's time you became useful and make a path for me soldier” Ranma says smirking.
 
“NO DON'T!” The military soldier desperately screams.
 
“ARM CANNON MISSLE!” Ranma screams. Ranma aims and throws the guy in a straight line real fast.
 
“NOOOOOOO!” The guy screams as he's sent flying. Lots of planted bombs and mine devices go off as he flies through the forest.
 
BAM! BOOM! BAM! BOOM! BOOM! BAM! BOOM! BOOM! BAM! BAM! BOOM!
 
Ranma ducks down. Tree branches, rocks, twigs are flying all over the place. When the explosions finally stop, Ranma slowly gets up. He covers his mouth as the forest was now filled with smoke. When the smoke finally fades away, there was a clear path in front of him made by the explosions. The path was so clear he could see an exit at the far end of the forest. “Finally, I'm coming Ukyo!” Ranma looks at his risk watch. “Damn getting past him took a lot longer than I thought.” Ranma begins running for the exit.
 
 
 
7:45 AM NERIMA TIME
 
 
 
The impact of the explosions was heard throughout the forest, including the cabin area. Akane and Nabiki hear the explosions and send some goons to investigate. When they get, there they see one of Nabiki's hired men killed. His body was blown to bits.
 
“OH! God!” One of the goons said. “This must mean Ranma is on the way. Hurry tell Nabiki, hurry!” The goon said to the other.
 
“What about you?” The other goon asked.
 
“I'll be fine just go!” The goon runs into the forest before the other goon could respond.
 
The other goon looks at the goon running into the forest and decides to do what he said. He runs back to the cabin and finds Nabiki waiting for him.
 
“What happened?!” Nabiki asked.
 
“The soldier you hired failed!” The goon shouted.
 
“WHAT! But he's the best mercenary from the United States!” I paid 100,000 of my hard earned money to hire him! Nabiki shouted.
 
“Well it wasn't good enough.” The goon starts talking again. “Not only did he fail, but he's dead. Blown to bits by his own explosives I imagine.”
 
“Damn! This means Ranma should be here any minute now.” Nabiki said getting worried. “Hey where's the other guy I sent with you?”
 
Before the goon could answer he and Nabiki heard a loud scream.
 
“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”
 
“He went after Ranma.” The goon finally answered in a somewhat frightened voice.
 
“Damn!” Nabiki runs to the cabin. She spots Akane. “Akane quick get Ukyo out here now! Ranma is on his way!”
 
Akane wished this shocked her, but it didn't. “Yeah! I figured he would make it on time. I wish he didn't though. I was hoping to spare myself from killing him at least. Now I will kill them both.”
 
Nabiki just looks at Akane as her little sister leaves and heads inside the cabin.
 
 
MEANWHILE: NERIMA POLICE STATION
 
 
Frank Monday was in his office enjoying breakfast, or the best breakfast a cop could get, doughnuts. When suddenly a fellow officer opens his office door. He was a rookie officer who joined the force about a month long ago.
 
“Hey Frank we just got a call about a massive explosion in the forest area outside of Nerima. The witness that called it in claims a whole section of the forest is gone.” The rookie officer finished.
 
“Did you call the construction company to see if there was any work being done in that area?” Frank asked the young officer.
 
“Yeah, they claim their not authorized to work in that area.” The rookie answered.
 
“Well I guess we should check it out. You ready to face your first possible threat?”
 
“I was born ready sir!” The rookie answered in a cocky voice.
 
“We'll see,” was Frank's simple reply. Both the officer's leave Frank's office and head for the police car. Both men get in and drive out of the parking lot. As they are heading for the forest, they could already see what the caller was taking about. “I'm surprise the whole forest isn't on fire.” Frank said.
 
“I guess we can count our blessings”, was the rookie's simple reply.
 
“Yeah!” Frank agrees. The police car is seen heading towards the smoke.
 
 
 
7:55 AM NERIMA TIME
 
 
Akane makes her way towards the back room where Ukyo was being held. When she opens the door she sees Ukyo looking at her with fear. Akane walks up to Ukyo and smiles at her. “You're one lucky bitch. It looks like Ranma made it after all.” Akane sees a smile appear on Ukyo's face. Akane getting angry, but not showing it, continues. “Yes it looks like I can't torture you after all.” Suddenly Akane backhands Ukyo.
 
SMACK!
 
The blow was so hard it knocked Ukyo and the chair she was tied to down. Akane walks up to Ukyo. “But I can get in a couple of good shoots.” Akane raged. She kicks Ukyo twice in the stomach. Ukyo wanted to scream but the air was knocked right out of her. “Come on bitch it's time to see your fiancé.” Akane twitched when she said this, but she keeps her emotions in check. She knew soon she was going to let all of her rage out.
 
Taking out the goon who tried to stop him, Ranma knew he was heading in the right direction. When he finally reaches the exit, Ranma sees the remains of the soldier who tried to kill him. Ranma didn't like killing, but his mind was in self-defense mode. He had no regrets. When he finally steps out into the open he sees a lodge cabin with a huge satellite on top of it. He also sees someone he recognized immediately. “NABIKI!”
 
“Congratulations Ranma, you won the tournament.” Nabiki said in a calm voice.
 
“WHERE'S UKYO?! NABIKI?!” Ranma screamed in rage.
 
“My sister should be bringing her out here about now.” Nabiki answered, still in a calm voice.
 
This took Ranma completely by surprise. As far as he knew the only other living sister was Kasumi, but Kasumi was the last person who'd be involved with something like this. That could only mean. Ranma suddenly remember the nightmares he had earlier. “No it can't be…” Ranma said in a soft surprised voice.
 
“Oh! But it is!” Akane suddenly appears in the front of the cabin with a scared Ukyo by her side.
 
“AKANE!” Ranma screamed. “No! It can't be! You died in that car wreck.”
 
“Yet here I am, alive and in living color.” Akane responded in dark humorous voice.
 
“Let her go Akane. It's 7:58, the games over. I made it in time. You lost Akane. Just hand her over and leave us be. I won't even mention you're still alive. No law enforcement knows about this.” Ranma pleaded.
 
“Of course they don't Ranma. Nabiki had the whole town watched. If you did go to the cops, mainly your favorite cop, Frank Monday. I would've killed Ukyo very slowly and painfully before any of you showed up in time to save her.” Akane finished with an evil look in her eyes.
 
“My god Akane! What happened to you? You were never like this before. Why can't you just accept the fact that we can't be together?”
 
“SHUT UP!” Akane starts tightening her arm around Ukyo's neck. “YOU DID THIS TO ME YOU TRAITOR! EVER SINCE YOU CAME INTO MY LIFE, YOU MADE IT A LIVING HELL! I HATE YOU RANMA! THIS IS NO LONGER ABOUT YOU CHOOSING UKYO! IT'S ABOUT ME RESTARTING MY LIFE!” Akane calms down, but her hold around Ukyo's neck gets tighter.
 
Ukyo starts to choke.
 
“And the only way to restart my life is to get rid of the one person who ruined it. YOU!” Akane takes out a handgun and shoots Ranma.
 
Bang!
 
Ranma was caught completely off guard and the bullet went in and out of his left arm.
 
“RUMMMM!” Ukyo tried to scream. Tears start falling out of her eyes.
 
Ranma drops to the ground in pain. His perfect balance completely thrown off. “A… AKANE! NO!”
 
“Till death do we part Ranma, DIE!” Akane aims her gun at Ranma's head. Just before she pulls the trigger, Ukyo bites the hand that was choking her, hard. So hard a piece of Akane's skin rips off. “OWWW!” Akane screams. YOU BITCH! YOUR LIFE JUST RAN OUT! She starts pistol-whipping Ukyo. “HAHAHAHA! LOVE IT BITCH! LOVE IT!”
 
“UKYO NO!” Ranma jumps up in pain and rushes to save Ukyo. Akane, too busy pistol-whipping Ukyo doesn't notice. The one remaining goon gets in Ranma's way and tries to stop him. Ranma with an extra burst of energy jump kicks the goon in the jaw, knocking him out. Ranma lands on his feet and continues to run towards Akane and Ukyo.
 
“AKANE WATCH OUT!” Nabiki screamed. Nabiki was a thinker not a fighter. All she could really do was watch.
 
Akane looks up and sees Ranma rushing towards her. She stops pistol-whipping Ukyo and points the gun at her head. “Hold it right their hero! One more step and she dies.”
 
Ranma, holding his bleeding left arm pleads to Akane. “Please Akane let her go. It's me you want. Please leave her alone. You can do whatever you want with me.”
 
“Okay Ranma. I'll leave her alone if you get on your knees. GET ON YOUR KNEES!” Akane said a second time screaming.
 
Ranma did as she said. He got on his kness. “I see. If this is what it takes. Promise me Ukyo will live.” Ranma said realizing his fate.
 
“Fuck you Ranma. I'm not promising you anything. Pray that I do keep my word.” Akane leaves Ukyo's side, walks down the stairs, and stands in front of a helpless Ranma. She points her gun at his head once again. “This is the fate of all traitors. Goodbye Ranma”
 
Ranma closes his eyes.
 
“LOOK AT ME RANMA! LOOK ME IN THE EYES OR SHE DIES!” Akane screams. “I want you to know it's me who killed you.”
 
Ranma opens his eyes with a tear coming down. I'm sorry Ukyo. Mousse you have to have that special dinner without me. I hope someday Shampoo finally notice you and accepts your love.
 
“You really love her don't you?” Akane asked in a caring voice.
 
Ranma looks her dead in the eye and says. “Yes I do”
 
“Then she'll join”. Akane said with hate coming back in her voice.
 
NO! YOU! SAID!…
 
BANG!!!
 
“HOLD IT RIGHT THERE GHOST LADY!” Frank Monday screams pointing his gun in the air. The shoot he fired caught Akane completely off guard. “It seems like someone's come back to life giving Ukyo and her boyfriend more hell. I don't know how you faked you own death, but I'm getting a good idea.” He looks over towards Nabiki. “ARREST HER!” Frank tells the rookie cop that came with him.
 
“YES SIR!” The cop says.
 
“NABIKI! RUN!” Akane screams. Nabiki listens. She heads for the car.
 
“STOP HER!” Frank screams. The officer runs after Nabiki. Frank starts to walk towards Akane.
 
DON'T COME ANY CLOSER! YOU DO AND THEY DIE! Akane points her gun back and forth between Ranma and Ukyo.
 
Ranma see this as an opportunity and takes it. He waits until Akane looks away from him. When she finally does. He uses his incredible speed and grabs the gun with his right arm. “GIVE ME THE GUN!” Ranma screams.
 
NO! NEVER! Ranma and Akane start struggling.
 
“GIVE ME THE GUN! AKANE!”
 
“NO LET GO!”
 
BANG!!!
 
Ukyo looks on in shock.
 
Frank looks on in shock.
 
Ranma falls on the ground hard, blood leaking from his chest. OH! GOD! It hurts! IT HURTS! Ranma screams.
 
“RANMA!” Ukyo shouts. “NO! RANMA!” Ukyo starts crying.
 
“YOU'RE NEXT BITCH!” Akane turns and point her gun at Ukyo.
 
“HOLD IT!”
 
BANG!
 
The first bullet enters Akane's side. She turns to see who shot her. It was Frank Monday. “D… DA… NM… YOU! You ruined everything!” She slowly raises her gun and tries to point at Frank Monday.
 
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
 
Each bullet enters different parts of Akane's stomach, one through the left rib, another through the liver, and the third one through the left breast. The final Bullet went right through her brain, blowing the back of her head off. Akane slowly falls to the ground. Her eyes still open, soon glaze over.
 
Akane's dead.
 
Frank quickly rushes for the front of the cabin. When he gets there he looks over Akane. He takes her gun away and takes out his cell phone. He calls his police station. After a few rings the call goes through.
 
Operator: 119 emergencies. What's your emergency?
 
Frank: This is officer Frank Monday. Send a couple of ambulances immediately. I have a badly shoot man and an injured women here. I also have a dead body of a criminal.
 
Operator: Officer Monday, what is your current position?
 
Frank: I'm in the forest where the explosions happened. There's a cabin at the end of the crater the explosion left. You can't miss it. Hurry he's running out of time.
 
Operator: Will send a couple of units immediately.
 
Frank: Great!
 
Frank hangs up the cell phone and puts it back into this pocket. He looks down at Akane one more time. He had nothing against killing another man, but killing a woman left a bad feeling in his gut. He rushes over to Ranma and looks down. He was still alive, but in serious pain. Don't worry Ranma help is on the way. Be strong Ranma and hold on for Ukyo's sake.
 
“Ranma!” Ukyo cried looking helpless all tied up.
 
Frank walks over to Ukyo and unties the ropes around her. Once she was free she immediately runs towards Ranma.
 
“RANMA! RANMA! PLEASE DON'T DIE!” Ukyo was crying heavily now.
 
Ranma in a lot of pain slowly turns towards Ukyo. “D… Do… n't wor…ry Uky…o I'll be… fine.”
 
Frank goes towards Ranma and starts adding presser to the bullet wound.
 
As both Ukyo and Frank were paying attention to Ranma, the rookie officer managed to capture Nabiki. As he was leading her back to meet Franks he notices what happened, and so did Nabiki.
 
“AKANE! AKANE!” Nabiki starts to struggle and tries to break free, but she was in handcuffs. “NO! SISTER! SISTER!” Nabiki falls on her knees crying.
 
Frank quickly turns around. “Take her to the police car!” Then he looks at Nabiki. “She was trying to kill them Miss Tendo. I had no choice. She shot Ranma in the chest. He's critically wounded. I'm sorry.”
 
Nabiki looks at Frank with rage in her eyes. “You killed her? Bastard! I hope he dies! You hear me Ranma! I HOPE YOU DIE!”
 
“You read her her rights didn't you?” Frank asked the rookie officer.
 
“Yes sir!” The young officer answered proudly.
 
“Okay take her back to the patrol car, and if you see the ambulance, let them through.”
 
“Of course sir!” The young officer picks Nabiki up and leads her to the patrol car. She struggles the whole way calling Akane's name.
 
Soon the ambulance shows up at the explosion scene and rushes to the cabin in front of them. As the scene fades out, we get a clear shot of the paramedics tending to Ukyo wounds. We also see Ranma being put on a stretcher and carried to the back of an ambulance. We then see a shot of Akane's dead body being wrapped in a body bag and carried to another ambulance. Body bags were also used to clean up the messy body of the one time mercenary soldier. Edge was nowhere to be found. He must've come to and left before Frank and the rookie cop showed up.
 
 
 
 
 
EPILOGUE
 
The story became big all over the news. Soon everybody in Nerima and beyond was talking again about the story they thought was long over and almost forgotten. The fact that Crazy Akane faked her own death and tried to kill her ex-boyfriend and his fiancé was stuff you'd only see in movies, yet it was reality. People was starting to doubt if she was really dead this time, but photos of her autopsy would soon get posted all over the internet by people interested in the Crazy Akane story. There was even talk about a movie being made from the tragedy. Kasumi sued the people behind the movie project however and won. She won mainly because of Nabiki's connections, but Kasumi didn't know it. As this was happening the victims of Crazy Akane was trying their best to move on with their lives.
 
 
Ranma and Ukyo: After hours of surgery the doctors were able to take out the bullet Akane pumped in Ranma's chest. When he finally came to, he sees Ukyo right beside his bed smiling down at him. She kissed him on the cheek with tears of joy leaking out of her eyes. Ranma was happy to be alive. He actually thought it was the end for him that time. Soon he was able to walk again, and after two mouths of recuperating, he was finally aloud to leave the hospital. Ranma couldn't complain too much. The stay at the hospital wasn't so bad. Mousse, Shampoo, and Ukyo often showed up to keep him company. One time Kasumi showed up. Both Ranma and Ukyo didn't know what to say to her. Out of all the people in the world, neither wanted to see Kasumi suffering. She apologized for the actions of her sisters and asked Ranma for her forgiveness. Ranma told Kasumi that it wasn't her fault, but Kasumi said it was for not being a better big sister of the two and putting her foot down. Ukyo told Kasumi that she would never blame her for what happen and went and gave her a hug. Kasumi broke down crying and Ukyo joined her, because Ukyo hated to see Kasumi suffering. It just wasn't fair in Ukyo's mind. Ranma himself even got teary eyed, a little. Ranma was sad that Akane died the way she did. He didn't have romantic feelings for her anymore, but he didn't want her dead. Still, she brought it on herself. And if it weren't for officer Frank Monday, both he and Ukyo would be dead. Speaking of Frank, he came to visit Ranma too. He gave Ranma a heroes badge for the heroic actions Ranma took in saving Ukyo. Ranma was being modest, but soon accepted the reward. When Ranma finally reached home. He was given that special dinner Mousse promised.
 
6 MONTHS LATER
 
Ranma and Ukyo finally saved up enough money to open their own okonomiyaki restaurant, but they decided not to. After living with Mousse, and Shampoo for so long, and after the horrible events they had to go through. Ranma and Ukyo saw the Amazons as family. Instead of using the money to open there own joint. They decided to use the money to expand the Neko Hanten. They all signed a contract making them all equal partners in the agreement. Soon the Neko Hanten was the most popular restaurant, not only in Nerima, but also all over the world. People would come from everywhere to eat in their restaurant. Ukyo's okonomiyaki became a food as popular as Italian pizza. Some people would show up just to eat that alone, and many people their were famous singers, movie stars, sports athletes, even political figures would eat in the Neko Hanten. The place became so popular they had to hire extra workers to help run it. Finally, the life Ukyo and Ranma had dreamed of was coming true. They were so happy; they decided to plan their own wedding again. This time they knew there wasn't going to be any interruptions.
 
Shampoo and Mousse: Both Amazons were happy when Ranma pulled through. When Shampoo first heard that Ranma was shoot badly, she broke down crying. Mousse was sad as well. They immediately went to the hospital to see if he'd make it. The doctor gave them good news that pleased them both especially Shampoo. Shampoo knew that Ranma's heart belonged to Ukyo, but she still had strong feelings for him. Mousse was glad to find out Ukyo was safe and sound. He secretly envied Ukyo, because at one time she didn't stand a chance of getting Ranma. But because she never gave up on her love, she was able to obtain Ranma's heart in the end. Akane's crazy actions caused this as well but still. Mousse wasn't sad at all when he heard the fate of Akane. In fact he was relieved. Because he knew that as long as she lived, she would never stop harassing them. He was shocked to find out she was still alive the past two years, as much as everyone else who thought she died in the car wreck. Him and Shampoo was getting along a lot better now. She no longer started beating him up when he tried to have friendly conversations with her. She'd even took time to listen to all he had to say instead of ignoring him like she use to do. Mousse was happy because this was a start. Maybe one day it will lead to something more.
 
Officer Frank Monday: Officer Monday was given a metal of honor for his actions on that fateful day. He was promoted to Chief of Police and given his own division. Because of the higher pay, he would often visit the Neko Hanten restaurant to eat. He also wanted to check on Ranma and the gang. The Rookie Officer was giving the respect he deserved by his fellow officers. He personally requested to work in Frank's division, which they granted without question.
 
Tendo Family: The Tendo Family was devastated when they found out about Akane still being alive only to die a violent death because she was trying to take lives. Soun tried to kill himself many times, but Kasumi would stop him. Genma felt guilty for what happened and decided to leave. No one knows where he's gone. To add insult to injury, Nabiki was charged with aiding Akane in the kidnappings and the attempted murders of Ranma Saotome and Ukyo Kouji. Soun lost it then. So much so, he had to be put in a mental institution where he still is to this day. Kasumi had the house all to herself now. Their were times she wanted to give up on life too, but she told herself she had to be strong for her remaining family. Kasumi always wondered what made Akane crazy. Was it always in her, or was it the lost of their mother. These thoughts would keep Kasumi up at nights crying. Dr Tofu would visit Kasumi everyday to see if she was alright. He loved Kasumi with all his heart and would be devastated if anything happen to her. Kasumi would appreciate this and would often cry on his shoulder.
 
 
Nabiki: Because they couldn't find any evidence of her other crimes, thanks to Mayaka, Nabiki was tried and convicted of aiding a fugitive to commit murder. She was given 10-15 years in Nerima Women's Prison. This wasn't so harsh, however, because Nabiki had connections inside. The guards treated her like a Queen, and the other inmates didn't mess with her. She had Mayaka watch Ranma and Ukyo twenty four, seven and would give her daily reports. Nabiki knew about the Neko Hanten changing from a cheesy Chinese Restaurant into a Five Star Restaurant everyone went to. When Mayaka told Nabiki about Ranma and Ukyo planning to marry once again, she gave a sinister smile. She calls her new lawyer. She asks him how her acquittal was going. The lawyer had… Good News.
 
 
 
THE END