Role Playing Fan Fiction ❯ For the World ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Capcom still owns BOF 3. I thought I could sweeten the pot with some collateral. I learned a broken down van makes poor collateral, as well as several new words, none of which are repeatable.

<<<<o>>>>
Chapter 3
<<<<o>>>>

Nina was settling down for bed after several hours arguing with the guards for permission to leave her room. She had finally finished when she saw a man in dark clothing sitting in her windowsill. She realized who this man was immediately, and was planning to roast him with several well placed fire and lightning elemental spells. Blaze made an attempt to save himself when he said, “Wait, I did not plan on Ryu landing in jail.”

Nina said, “Were you expecting to see him executed immediately?” She then remarked, “It will happen at dawn. Death by fire is the sentence.”

Blaze responded, “The deal that I made with your father was to have Ryu and his other friends placed in my care, and you would be able to come and go as you pleased. Ryu would leave with me and Momo, Rei and Peco would not be messed with by the guards unless they decided to commit a crime.” As an afterthought, he said, “I don’t think that man is the real king.”

Nina shouted, “What!”, and Blaze said, “I have known of a plot to dethrone the king, that was put into place by Mikba several years before you met Ryu several months ago. In the event of Mikba’s capture or death by causes other than old age, the king would be replaced by one of Mikba’s made men. The plan was enacted about a month after you escaped. Do you know what the charges are against Ryu and Rei?” Nina shook her head no. Blaze said, “Treason and first-degree murder. Momo and Peco are getting second-degree murder added on to their sentence for Palet. I need to know if you noticed any change in your father.”

Nina said, “His voice has changed, he is not as tall as he used to be, he is crueler, and mother is even more distant than usual. He also seems to spend a lot of time in a locked storeroom in the back. I saw him leaving and that’s why I’m stuck in my room.”

“If I’m right, the storeroom is where your father is being kept,” Blaze said, “It does no good for him to kill the king. It doesn’t matter now, if I know Rei, he has his locks undone and is coming to get you by now.”

Nina asked, “Do you know Rei?”

Blaze responded, “He helped me start the new guardians, in the 12 years between the time that he thought he saw Ryu and Teepo die, he found me and we started to search for others with powers like we have. Anyway, our friends should have had time to escape and are waiting at Durandal’s house by now. We’ll be back soon and we’ll save your father.”

With that, Blaze disappeared.

<<<<o>>>>

A/N: Getting interesting? There will be some action happening soon.