Role Playing Fan Fiction ❯ For the World ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own Ranma 1/2, Breath of Fire or anything else that I might use in this story, with the exception of ther original characters.

A/N: I've been doing some research on world geography, and I think that I've found a probable route that Ranma and his family might have taken. I will not be doing individual chapters, per se. I might do some if I feel the need for them. Now on with the story.

“…” denotes normal speech
‘…’ denotes thought
[…] denotes panda sign
… denotes other language

<<<<o>>>>

Chapter 4
Journey Forward

The next month was partly routine for Ranma and Ryu after they woke up. After Ranma revealed that he was a young man who was cursed in the springs, the village looked at him different. The first thing was that the tournament winner and Matriarch’s grandaughter, Xian Pu (which Ranma and Ryu kept mispronouncing as Shampoo), started looking at the pigtailed martial artist differently. She started acting almost like a school girl with a crush. Khu Lon (the young men pronounced it Cologne), noticed this and wondered what to do. The routine consisted of waking up early, hard physical training for endurance and strength, food, combat training, which gave the young men the opportunity to learn new techniques, brief rest, hunting and foraging, more physical training, dinner, some free time, and then sleep.

Ranma and Ryu took to this new routine like it was nothing new, which it wasn’t. The only change to their usual lives was that they staid in one place. Ryu liked this more than he would have thought, because when he mastered a new move, he accually got some praise instead of being told that he was wasting his time by using a weapon, or being told he would never be as good a fighter as his brother. Ryu could fight unarmed, but was not as good as Ranma. Then again, very few were, Elder Cologne being among them. Ryu them saw Shampoo walking up the path.

“Nihao, Ranma. Nihao, Ryu.” Shampoo said in her usual way, “Shampoo want to talk to Ranma. Have message from Elders. Ranma come?”.

Shampoo was still pretty to the Japanese language, so she tended to talk in broken fragments. She was a smart girl, though, and she was doing better than in the first week. Ryu figured that with a few months of teaching, Shampoo could get most of the language, and He and Ranma could learn Mandarin. However, now was not the time to be thinking about that. Ranma was needed else where, and Ryu needed to continue his training.

A short time later, at the counsel of Elders

So, we are in agreement, the two young men will be inducted into the tribe., said one elder. The rest nodded their heads to show agreement. Shampoo raised her hand to show she wanted to say one thing before the counsel delivered their verdict to the young men. Xian Pu, do you wish to say something?

Yes, Elder Lo Xion, the young man that I brought with me Ranma, saved my life during the attack. I would like to challenge him so I can marry him. Shampoo said, nervously. She had been spending time with the cursed boy, seemingly enamored by his kindness and strength. The counsel talked among themselves. After about twenty minutes they made their decision.

Xian Pu, step forward., Shampoo did so, Shampoo held her breath, … approved. You may challenge him, and I wish you the best of luck.

Shampoo could not believe her good fortune. She went to give Ranma the challenge, after which she would tell him the good news. She went to where she left him before she went in to see the counsel, but when she got there, he was gone.

Genma patted himself on the back for coming up with his plan. He would sneak up on his son, knock the boy out, take him back to Japan, and get the boy married. The fat sometimes-panda knew that he needed to make the pledge good, so he could retire off the boys wor…ahem, the dojo’s success.

<<<<o>>>>

A/N: First and Foremost, I hate Genma Saotome. The man is a fat blob who’s only goal in life is to be a fat blob. Second, if you think that the Amazons are a little OOC here, remember that these two boys drove off a very powerful enemy by themselves, and saved others by putting themselves in harms way. I think that they as a tribe would respect that. Third, it will be a little while before Ryu makes it to the Tendo’s, however, Ranma will be slightly different during the first meeting.

R&R, thank you.