Role Playing Fan Fiction ❯ Maple Story: My Story~ Aka Version ❯ Chapter One: Memories.... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

There was a familiar smell in the air. Chii knew it. She smelled it long ago… But she wasn't sure where it was, or what it came from… She was in her room sleeping right? So where… Where in the world was it coming from? What was it…? Chii opened her eyes, and shot up.
 
Blood. It was blood
 
She looked around the place where she was now sitting in. Chii gasped.
 
She was back, at that torture prison… When she and her friends died along time ago on a virtual reality game, she remembered, when you died, you ended up here, to be killed. Chii would have been the only one to survive the poison injected into your skin. But they would have killed her anyway…She had a special power within her character she was created with… They thought it was her friend, John… But it ended up being her.
 
Why was she back in this place? There was now one around… She was all alone. It sent a shiver down her spine.
 
“We have to leave! Now!” Chii turned around and saw her friends, Thuy and Chio, standing at the metal door they tried to get out of first, but an avalanche…
 
“Wait! STOP!” Chii yelled. They ran out, as if they hadn't heard her. Chii ran after them.
 
“Why aren't they stopping?” She wondered.
 
When she was outside, she looked around for them; they were running down the hill. After them chased the avalanche, Chii raced for them, she wanted to see why they didn't notice her, and a big pile of snow headed straight for her.
 
“GUYS!!! WHY ARENT YOU LISTENING TO ME?!” She raced next to them; they didn't look towards her direction; at all.
 
“Hey… Why aren't you guys…” She pulled on Thuy's sleeve, she didn't look at her. Or even flinch.
 
Chii pulled back with sudden shock, “Guys…?” She felt someone grab her hand behind her, she turned around.
 
“Whatever you do… Don't let go of my hand.” John looked sternly at her, she nodded.
 
John stopped, and closed his eyes, “Don't let go… Don't let go!!”
 
The avalanche swept over them, they sped down with the tumbling snow, Chii was startled that John stopped, but she remembered,
 
“Whatever you do… Don't let go of my hand…! What was he thinking? Was this a test? They were going to die now!
 
“Don't let go…!” They were both struggling in the snow, trying to hold on, the snow was heavy and quick… it started burying them under…
 
“I'm sorry John… I'm sorry!!” Chii could feel her hand slipping from his grasp, snow was everywhere, she couldn't even see John anymore, and she only knew he was there by the firm grip of his hand.
 
“Don't say that… Don't let go!!”
 
A big tumbling chunk of ice swirled in between them, pulling each other apart. The only thing Chii was grasping on to was the cold snow around her.
 
“JOHN?!? JOHN?!?” No answer. “Aagh, no!!” She felt the snow suck her under, she couldn't breathe, she couldn't think…
 
“You let go…”
 
*************************************
 
Chii slowly got out of bed, she went to her closet door, and shuffled around for something to wear.
 
“Why do I keep having the same dream…? Well… It was a dream… Right? Ha-ha…” She pulled off her shirt and stopped. She looked down at her hands, gripping the shirt.
 
“You let go…”
 
Chii closed her eyes, and put her hands to her chest. She could feel her heart tighten. A feeling she usually had ever since she logged off. Chii opened her eyes, and continued to shuffle around for something to wear, she soon got sick of finding something that would match, so she threw on random clothes, after all, it wasn't a school day, so who would care? She looked around her closet, and saw that a wood floorboard in her closet was loose, she bent down, and pried the loose floorboard away, there was a big box underneath, Chii had her virtual reality helmet stored there…
 
Her mother was traumatized the last time she tried to log in; after all, she did almost die in the game, her mother tried to find her virtual reality helmet, but Chii saved the helmet and hid it. Just in case…
 
She picked up the box and opened it; Chii looked around, and silently slid the door shut. She turned back around to the helmet, she slowly picked it up, it was dusty from being in the cardboard box so long… She brushed off the helmet, and stared at the plastic high tech helmet that gleamed dull in the light coming between the cracks of her door. It had been two years since she held it. She put her hand back into the box, and pulled out a plug. She pushed one side into the plug-in section of the helmet, and she held the other side of the plug in her hand. She got on her knees and searched for a plug in.
 
“I know I have one in here… Oh! Found it!” She pushed the plug into it, she picked up her helmet and sighed.
 
“I hope this works.” She put on the helmet and strapped it to herself.
 
“Go…” The helmet automatically turned on, she felt a swirling sensation, and then, it stopped, a sign appeared before her, saying…
 
We are sorry, this game is unavailable now due to an inconvenience two years ago.
 
Chii took off her helmet and sighed. “Of course it wouldn't work…” She unplugged the wire, and set both items down into the box.
 
“Christine? Are you awake?”
 
Oh shit! Her mom was coming, she had to get out of this closet! She threw down the box into the hole, and covered it with the floorboard, she slid the door open at full speed, and jumped to her bed, when she landed her mother stuck her head out the door to check on her.
 
“Hey, no jumping on the bed, hurry and come down for breakfast. Everyone is waiting…” Her head disappeared from view.
 
Chii sighed, and got off her bed. She missed her friends… A lot.
 
“We'll see each other again right?” Chii smiled.
 
“Of course, we can log in anytime we want!” Chio smiled back
 
“We'll always remember each other…” Thuy stuck her hand out in the middle of the friends.
 
“Yeah… Don't worry.” Each friend put in a fist,
 
“Promise?”
 
“Yeah!”
 
That promise will never come true. Everyone forgot about me. I know it…
 
~End.