Role Playing Fan Fiction ❯ Maple Story: My Story~ Aka Version ❯ Chapter Two: Meeting ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chii had so many different and strange things happen to her after she logged off… She could hear other people's voices in her mind, she could hear someone screaming her name when she was alone in a room, whenever she got a cut or a scrape, it healed within 10 minutes, she could feel the feelings of other people around her, whether it was sadness, joy, jealousy, or anger… She was beginning to wonder; “Did I gain those special powers from the game…?”
 
***********************
 
“You let go… You let go…!”
 
“I'M SORRY!!”
 
Chii shot up; the same dream; again. Chii looked out her window. It was still dark. Chii sighed and put her hand to her forehead.
 
Why do I keep having the same dream…? And why is it bothering me…? It's been so long since I last saw him… Why do I keep thinking about him? I know he doesn't think about me like I do… I know he forgot about me… So why…?”
 
Chii felt an empty feeling inside of her, she hated it. She missed John… She missed everyone…! No one in her world could understand Chii like her friends could, no one…
 
“I wish… I wish the game turned on again! I don't care anymore! If I get stuck on the game and die, I don't care… I just want to hear their voices again…!!”
 
Chii lowered her head and wept, her life right now was a disaster… She was beginning to wonder if she would have been better off not ever logging onto the game Maple Story to begin with. Even though she would have been alone for along time… But it was too late to think about that… The people she met… The many things she experienced… She couldn't forget them, no matter how hard she tried.
 
“Chii… Help me… CHII!!!”
 
She shot her head up, and looked around the room.
 
“Who… Who's there…?”
 
Silence consumed the room. Voices. Chii hated the voices that came to her at random times when she was alone. The murmurs or screams she heard seemed like they were coming from right next to her, or from somewhere in the room, but she was always alone. A shiver went down Chii's back, she got up from her bed, and backed into what she thought what was going to be a sturdy wall, instead she fell onto the floor in her open closet. Her foot smashed through the wood covering where she had hidden her helmet, and her extended foot started bleeding badly.
 
“Shit!” She held her foot, blood started running down her grasping hand. She closed her eyes tightly at the pain.
 
“I can't let mom see this…” Chii reached up and pulled down an article of clothing hanging in her closet, she wrapped it securely around her injury, and tucked in the end of the wrap into a crease. She swept with her hand, all the broken pieces of wood into the hole. She sighed and opened the box; it was a little dented from where her foot smashed into it. She opened it and picked up the worn out helmet, she started examining it, making sure it was ok, she looked on the bottom of the rim, and she stopped.
 
A little green light was flashing on the bottom of her game helmet. Chii remembered exactly what it meant. It meant the game was available for playing; but… She just checked if the game was on the week before, it couldn't have turned on right?
 
Chii closed her closet door, and searched for the plug-in. When she found it, she shoved the cord into it, she sat down and strapped the helmet to herself, she sat up straight, clutching the side of her jeans, she whispered,
 
“Go…”
 
She felt a swirling sensation, Chii closed her eyes tightly, not knowing what to expect. It seemed forever before she hit something solid. Suddenly, she felt a rush of cold air, Chii opened her eyes…
 
She saw dark twilight glittered sky. Chii felt something wet and cold on the ground she was laying on, she turned her head, and grasped it in her hand. Chii sat up, and spotted Lady Magrashi's home, she saw light cast on the snow that were coming from the open windows… She smiled. Chii picked herself up, brushed off the snow that was stuck on her black trench coat, and sprinted up to the little home.
 
She knocked on the door furiously, “Lady Magrashi?! Hello?!” Chii heard steps coming towards the door, it opened, and there stood Thuy, A friend Chii hadn't seen in two years.
 
“Thuy!!! I missed you so much!”
 
“Chii!!”
 
They both hugged each other, Chii looked over Thuy's shoulder, and she saw Chio sitting at a wooden table with Lady Magrashi. Chii felt like crying, but she held it in.
 
They all looked older than Chii remembered; it had been two years… Chio's hair got shorter, so did Thuy's… But, A lot shorter. Thuy's usual flowing long hair now was short and curved. Chii shook it out of her head. Chio got up and came over to Chii.
 
“How are you?”
 
“I'm good.” Chio's eyes turned a different color. It wasn't hazel anymore, now it was now light brown… Chii smiled. She hugged Chio tightly, and stepped back. He was a little taken back on what Chii had just done, but he whispered, “Yeah… I missed you too.”
 
Lady Magrashi closed the door silently. Chii looked over to her, and hugged her too.
 
“I missed you too.” She said. Lady Magrashi nodded.
 
“I hope you have been well.” She said back.
 
**********************
 
“How did you guys know to get on here…? The game HAS been shut down for two years, it's not like you randomly checked your helmet one night.”
 
Chii looked at her friends, they sighed.
 
“I don't know… We just had a feeling that we needed to check our helmets… It was weird…” Chio nodded.
 
They were all sitting at the table Chii first saw Chio and Lady Magrashi sitting at. They were just talking, catching up with each other after the years. Chii hadn't remembered the last time she had done this with anyone. But it wasn't the same joking and laughing as before, because, someone was missing. Chii looked around the room.
 
“Guys…? Where's…” She heard frantic knocking on the door. Chio and Thuy looked over.
 
“Chii, you can go get it.” Chio silently said. Chii nodded and slowly walked over to the door. She grasped the handle; feeling the cold brass, she shivered. Chii took a deep breath, and opened the door.
 
“Ch… Chii…?” John was standing there, franticly breathing. They stood there dumbstruck, just staring at each other.
 
He was different. Chii could sense it. His shoulders got broader, and his voice got deeper. It had been so long since she had seen John, she remembered. In her dreams, his eyes were fading slowly. So they seemed more extraordinary then it already was. Chii could feel her face turn red. She saw his face blush; he leaned on the wall next to him and coughed.
 
“How are you Chii?” John looked away from her, he was still blushing heavily.
 
Chii just stared at him. She lowered her head.
 
“You… Bakayetto…” John opened his mouth to say something, but Chii held onto him before he could say anything.
 
“I missed you so much…! You have no idea…” she held on a little tighter to him. John started blushing even more. Thuy and Chio wanted to laugh at his expression, but they knew they couldn't.
 
“I… I missed you to…”
 
********
 
“The game was still running when you guys logged off, no one was able to log on… But it never shut down… That's the reason why I'm still here.”
 
Lady Magrashi was explaining every question they the four friends had, like they used to, they had new questions, especially tonight…
 
“Why can we log on now…?” Thuy piped up.
 
“I'm not sure… Maybe the Game Administrators found out what was wrong with the game, and deleted it… You killed Itachi right Chii?”
 
Chii shivered. Itachi… The person who haunted Chii's mind. She killed him, yes… But that wasn't enough for Chii. All the people he killed… The person he almost killed… It was just too much for her to handle.
 
Chii nodded at Lady Magrashi, the old woman sighed. “You kids should log out now… The sun is rising.”
 
Chii looked outside the window. “Crap! Your right!” They all got up, and stared at each other.
 
“We'll log back on this time, you guys promise…?”
 
“Of course!” Thuy smiled, a flashing light appeared around her, and she disappeared.
 
Chio nodded at Chii, and he disappeared. “Goodbye Chio...” Chii whispered.
 
She turned around to face John, but she saw his flashing light surround him, and he disappeared from view.
 
Chii stood still for a moment… Then turned to Lady Magrashi and smiled.
 
“I'm glad I was able to see you again” Chii bowed to the old woman, Lady Magrashi smiled, and placed her hand on Chii's shoulder.
 
“Take life easy… Don't think you're alone anymore… Okay?” Chii looked up at her, surprised. Chii smiled more cheerfully back, and stood back up straight.
 
“I'll see you tonight!” Chii exclaimed. She saw lights surround her, Chii looked up at Lady Magrashi, She saw her lips move, Chii couldn't hear anything, but, she could still figure out what the old woman was saying, Chii's eyes widened, and blackness consumed her.
 
******************
 
Chii limped out of her closet, and fell down on her bed, she pulled her wounded foot to her, and wrapped the cloth off, the blood still coated her foot, but the wound was gone. Chii sighed and looked up at her ceiling.
 
“Did Lady Magrashi mean that…?” Chii mouthed the words that the old woman mouthed to her before she logged off.
 
“He still loves you… You know that.”