Role Playing Fan Fiction ❯ The War between Us ❯ The War between Us ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Scy: *pings crumbs at Wei*
 
Wei:...........must you?
 
Scy: *evil smile*  Yes.  Too much energy.  XD
 
Wei: Well, there is another place on...or rather in me that you could use that energy for.
 
Scy: No~  *singsong*
 
Wei: *crawls over and starts to nibble on the other's leg* Now now, I can make you come really well.
 
Scy: Now, now.  I have a boyfriend and I don't think that's very appropriate~  >3
 
Wei:...............................................what?.. ...............
 
Scyeth: ...I have a boyfriend?  *shrug*
 
The brunette got up rather slowly, his hands finding their way around the blonde's neck. "I'll kill you."
 
Scyeth continued smiling.  "No, you wouldn't."  The smile turned into a toothy grin.  "He'd be pretty upset with you."
 
That couldn't stop him from being a protective older brother as his grip tightened, just a bit, not quite willing to release his grip. "When?"
 
"...when, what?"  It would be a lie to say Scyeth wasn't enjoying this.  He did not like Wei and getting to be the one to break the news really pleased the blond.  "When did I kiss him?  Or when did he ask me out?"  The smile turned down right wicked.
 
Wei froze, just for a moment. Rui asked? His dear didi wanted to be with this guy? And this guy...what? But....but. His glared tightened, one fist moved to his side the other wrapped tightly around the other's hair pulling tightly. He couldn't even conjure up words in his angry haze.
 
Scyeth hissed as Weiyuan tugged on his hair.  His hair was something the blond was proud of and he really didn't like people touching it.  He whipped his head sideways, hand flying to his head to keep his hat on.  "Let go, now.  I know you're jealous, but."  Scyeth shrugged.  "Don't take it out on the hair."
 
He snarled and pulled harder. His expression was only growing darker and darker as he growled out a "no"
 
Scyeth struggled between an irritated scowl and a Cheshire grin.  "I'm going to punch you, in the face, if you do not let go of me."  He had to give fair warning.  So at least Zhi couldn't be too mad at him later.
 
He gave a wicked grin in return, tightening his grip even further. "Punch me and you're expelled."
 
Scyeth shrugged.  "What, you think they'd actually expel me?  My father would keep me in."
 
His father? Since when did heritage matter in this place. He didn't like this advantage the other had. He and Rui had gotten here out of pure talent, what was so special about Scy? "So you're a Daddy's boy? Does he sit you on his lap and tell you stories about fairies and unicorns?"
 
Oh, if only Weiyuan knew.  The last time Scyeth had seen his father, he got a black eye.  "No.  But he'll keep me here.  Elite, and all that."
 
The brunette snarled pulling the other closer. "Fuck that! Fuck elite status! What's so fucking special about that!"
 
Scyeth let Wei drag him closer and shrugged.  "Iunno.  Either you're born with it, or you're not."  It really wasn't nearly as much fun as everyone thought it was.  But Wei didn't need to know that.  "What?  You got a bone to pick?"
 
The brunette gave a long hard sigh, finally removing his hand from the other. Maybe he just had parental issues that never seemed so apparent until now. "Hurt him and I really will kill you."
 
Scyeth gave Weiyuan a dark look.  "Stop threatening me."  Now was the time to decide if he wanted to continue to fight.  Well.  If they were going on confessions...  Scyeth pulled off his hat, revealing his less-than-human ears.  "Thought I might as well get all the secrets out there."  Another wicked smile.
 
Did he really have to shock Wei even more than he did? It seemed redundant to ask what are you. Obviously, not human and much more of a threat than Wei had hoped he would be. Rui...was dating someone...thing?...not human. -Not human.- Warning signs flashed in his head, not that he understood why exactly. "You gonna eat me or something?" Not exactly typical but he brain was in the process of shutting down.
 
"...why would I do that?" he asked, pulling his hat back on.  That was not the response he was looking for.  Oh well.  He straightened his hair and shrugged.  "Your brother knows.  He already knew.  Before...any of the other stuff."  Scyeth nodded.  "That's all, though."
 
He made some sort of noise of acknowledgement. Suddenly, he felt rather drained. At least mentally. The brunette sat down. Taking a long moment to think over the things that have been happening. This...this was definately...hard. Confusing. Maybe this was how Rui felt when he and Ry had hooked up. A small impulse suddenly hit him. "I'm sorry."
This was why Scyeth was the one telling Weiyuan, not RuiZhi.  Because as much fun as he had messing with Wei's head, he was also pretty sure Zhi would never have been able to do it.  "S'cool, man."  He gave a shrug.  "But.  Uh.  Maybe you should talk to your brother about it, sometime.  Just don't freak out on him."
 
Again, he found himself only making a random sound of acknowledgement. Don't...freak out? It might take a day or two before he could think at all. He layed out on his back, Wei has left the building. "So do you naturally look like that or do you grow wings or something?"
 
Scyeth blinked.  "Uh.  I think it would be pretty hard to hide wings.  So I don't grow wings...I think."  He shrugged.  "I've never tried?"
 
"Hn." Was it considered scientific to study Scy. He didn't even know what exactly he was. Elf? Demon? Both? Did it matter? He lifted his head, looking at the blonde. "Is Scyeth your real name or is it something in some language that I wouldn't be able to comprehend?"
 
Scyeth tucked a strand of hair behind his ear.  "No, my name really is Scyeth Akazar.  I think it means something in my native tongue.  The name of someone a long time ago."  He shrugged.  He never actually cared that much when he was little.  "Why?"
 
An odd smirk graced his face. "There's a chance you may become my brother-in-law...I suppose I should care." He didn't really. He might if he was a bit more sane right then. He turned onto his belly, not face Scyeth at all. He really did have issues. "Do you think I need a therapist?"
 
Scyeth was slightly thrown by the sudden change in topic.  "Uh.  I told you that once.  But I think you're just angry."  He shrugged.  "There's nothing wrong with being angry."  Hell, Scyeth was a pretty nasty creature himself.  "As long as you're okay with that..."  Boy, that sounded a lot less lame in his head.
 
Angry? At what? He didn't want to analyze himself in front of the other. The results mind end up traumatizing. Let's change the topic again. "What're you going to do if he wanted to go back?" Back to that scary place. That place he didn't want to be.
 
"He won't," Scyeth said firmly.  "He won't."
 
He sounded so sure. That was comforting. As long as he was stable he wouldn't have to worry right? "You don't need a therapist do you?"
 
Scyeth frowned.  "Nope.  I mean.  Probably.  I think someone told me everyone does.  But I'm pretty cool with myself."  He had that whole self-talk thing while he was home.  Four months of bored did that.  "Yeah, I'd say life is pretty okay right now."  With the exception of more studying, but hey, he could deal.
 
He had absolutely no idea where he was going with this now. Here he was, brain dead and attempting conversation with some he should consider a threat. Or...was that an ally? Weiyuan never was capable of taking big news gracefully. "You think of something now."
 
Scyeth frowned.  Oh sure.  Make him think of conversation topics.  "Do you still hate me?"
 
He sighed. Did he have to reveal personal thoughts? No. But he supposed that that Honesty is the best Policy cliché was going to be put into use. "I might of said it but I never did. You were a threat, technically you still are a threat. But instead of trying to eliminate it I just have to monitor it. Like a benign tumor."
 
Scyeth couldn't help but laugh.  "You're comparing me to cancer."  Sort of.  But the sentiment was really amusing.  Whatever.  As long as Wei didn't feel like playing surgeon general.
 
"I'm planning to go into medicine, why not?" The male twirled a finger into his hair. "Next topic."
 
To each his own.  Scyeth sighed and shook his head.  "I'm not a supply of topics, idiot."  He stretched.  "I kind of want to be getting back from where I came, y'know?"  RuiZhi was probably studying, or something.
 
For a moment, he didn't want Scy to leave. God he sounded like some post-traumatic war torn veteran that had no relatives and lived in a foster home and thus was nothing more than a desperately lonely failure. That was depressing. "Don't." He didn't mean to say that, but he did.
 
Scyeth stopped.  He wasn't the kind of person who listened to, never mind followed, orders.  But he did.  "Why not?"  It didn't mean he wasn't going to question it.
 
Why exactly? He needed to stop doing this. Needed to stop confusing himself. He made up some random excuse. "I don't trust you two alone together."
 
Scyeth snickered.  "Just because you can't control your hormones does not mean I can't."  He nodded and shrugged.  "I respect Zhi.  I wouldn't do anything indecent to him."
 
His mind flashed back to Rylenn. How noble of him. Part of him felt sick. Shouldn't he be supportive? Or...something? Or....Gods he bet Scy was getting a kick out of his confusion. If...he could see his face. Idiot. Smart idiot. How ironic. "You gonna tell him about his mean older brother?"
 
Scyeth shrugged.  "Not unless he asks.  M'not going to lie."  Lying was one can of worms he just didn't want to open.  But he didn't really need to tell, either.  There was no point in getting RuiZhi upset.
 
Wei didn't know what to say. So he said nothing. What was there to say? They had said their peaces. Attempted conversation and now Scy was going to...do that relationship thing he was familiar with. He supposed he would handle this conversation with Rui better. It was easier being the nice older brother than the protective one at times.
 
Despite what Weiyuan thought, he really wasn't going to go sex Zhi up.  Snuggle?  Probably.  But that was as far as it went.  "See you, man.  Should I tell him you want to see him?"
 
Wei pondered it a bit. "No...he's the one in the relationship. He's the one who should decide when brother time will happen again."
 
Scyeth shrugged.  "Whatever."  Times like these made him glad he was an only child.  "Later~"