Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Angarian Genocide Series: Book 1 ❯ Once Upon a Nightmare ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: The Angarian Genocide Series: Book 1
 
Author: Forgetfulrose91
 
Genre: Fantasy/romance
 
Disclaimer: MINE!
 
Chapter summary: The beginning…
 
Welcome Nerusius-hiartule.
Please confirm your password…
Thank you.
The affirmed screening of Chapter 1 will begin in 4…3…2…1…
Chapter 1 is now being screened.
 
 
Chapter 1: Once Upon a Nightmare…
 
“Help…!”
 
Screams of terror filled his mind shaking him from the inside out. He was the outsider. The child whose face was practically stark-pressed against the TV screen, and watched with rapt attention on it and nothing else. He couldn't move his eyes away. It was everywhere. In the center, he could see everything and everyone as if he were actually a part of it.
 
He felt so close to everything, and yet so far away. As if he was once a part of it. A part of the horror the frantic feet felt as they flailed helplessly across the ground. A part of the cacophony of screams filling the darkening night and his mind; giving him no chance of escape. A part of the blood. The deep crimson blood that streaked messily; tainting the pure white waves of snow in the most sickening of ways; making his wrenching stomach flip the somersaults he does on the balance beam back at the gym. He felt as if…
 
-BEEP- -BEEP- -BEEP-
 
The blaring alarm singing “Too Bad” by Nickleback dragged Michael out of his nightmarish slumber making his eyes blink open morosely. He expected the dream, and yet - his heart continued to leap to the back of his chest pressing hard against his spinal cord. He couldn't understand the dream. He didn't know what happened or why it chose to haunt him so thoroughly. His desperate desire for the chills shivering down his spine and the heart caught up in his throat to cease, however, was all he knew of it.
 
“Oh God…What time is it…?”
 
The headache pounding on his head as a fist pounded on his bedroom door told him he'd been sleeping far longer than usual.
 
“What!”
 
Screaming through the door, the knocking didn't stop, but only grew more annoyingly persistent. He aimed angry amethyst eyes at the rich cherry oak double doors, grumbled something about disrespect for the virtue of sleep, and stomped to the door, angrily wrenching it open.
 
“Come downstairs…and I mean immediately…”
 
The cold and distant voice only served to squelch Michael's fury to a feeling of nervousness that didn't bother to subside. The sight of his mother's icy stare sent a jolt of knowledge through his heart that he'd done something wrong. He's done something perpetually wrong, but he doesn't really know what. No-one cares to fill him in on why they hate him so terribly. What they find so wrong with him. With a small almost heartbroken sigh, he followed his mother downstairs into the elaborately decorated family room.
 
Well made copies of famous paintings hung on the walls. Masterpieces from artists who worked day and night to create what they viewed as perfection, or imperfection. Something they saw, and others simply couldn't. Staring idly at the paintings, Michael wished he knew what they were thinking. Those who say they know what the artist was thinking or feeling from the painting, are fools. You can never know one's ambiance towards their masterpiece. One can write a beautiful poem, and feel nothing towards it. One can simply create a story for the purpose of creating a story, and handing it in to their editor on time. You would need to dig far too deep for time to figure out the author's thought, and even then…you'd be making vital assumptions that really aren't worth making. Sometimes, it's nice to just wonder about the who, what, where, when, and why…
 
“You insolent child! Do not let your mind wander when I am speaking to you!”
 
The rebuke brought Michael's attention back to the woman who gave him birth. He often found it hard to believe since he neither looked nor acted as if anyone in his family. A group of prudish elites, Michael often felt as if he simply didn't belong. The frighteningly lost feeling that often gripped his heart made him feel as if drowned in sorrow. If he didn't belong here, where did he belong?
 
“Are you listening!”
 
Michael's eyes slowly met his mothers, and he watched her hand grip the table angrily, and her lips press into a purse. Her complexion pale and withering did not harbor the lightly tanned hue of Michael's skin. Where she was short, he was tall, and though she was thin, Michael had grown out a lithe muscularity. He did not even look like his father who was broad shouldered and possessed a rather stout stature. His round belly sticking out like a jolly Santa Claus having an incredibly bad day.
 
“Every day is a bad day for dad, when I'm involved. Speaking of which…I wonder where he went. I thought he had off today. He should be gleefully spending it criticizing me for whatever I've done wrong.
 
His parents were very ill-tempered. They hardly ever had patience for anything or one; let alone for Michael. They constantly rush around making deals, having dinner with business officials, kissing up to higher-up business officials who could probably fire them on the spot…It was a disgrace, and yet…they did not seem to care. This was another difference between Michael and his parents. Never would he suck-up to anyone. Bold and outspoken, Michael hardly ever minces words. A trait of his that often infuriates both his parents into an angry rage rivaling the wrath of Poseidon.
 
“You are a constant nuisance to my brain, Michael! Why is it you can never be the obedient child you should be! Both your teachers and we complain to no end of your digressions from your lessons! You constantly fail to pay attention in class, and you hang around with hooligans not worthy of your time! Not worthy of the time of one from this household! We have worked hard to give you a life that you are not showing you deserve, Michael! Why can you simply not follow orders like a child of proper stature should!”
 
“So this is what it's all about? School?”
 
“Of course! What else matters in the world? If you are going to get into Harvard…”
 
Though he contained every desire to go to Harvard, he was at the moment reconsidering it. The constant nagging and stress from his parents constantly put him on a steep edge he had to somehow drag himself away from. His excellence in all academic areas simply wasn't enough for them. He also had to act like an obedient lap-dog and please everyone. Something he both couldn't and refused to do.
 
“Maybe that's why Jen called me…”
 
The doorbell that rang summoned both his tired and his mother's aggravated attention. Despite him being happier than his mother at the intrusion, Michael gladly stepped out of the family room to open the stain glassed double doors.
 
“…Mary Jane…?”
 
 
System checkpoint: Continue Chapter 1 screening?
Yes No
System checkpoint…affirmed. Continuing in 3…2…1…starting part 2 of 3…
 
 
“Michael…?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Why do you call me Mary Jane…?”
 
They'd been friends for nearly 12 years now. Hardly ever seeing one without the other, people started to think them a couple. Especially, when they purposely entered the same prestigious academy instead of separating ways and selecting one of the 15 optioned by Bentwood Oaks. It was a pact they'd made to always be together forever and ever and everly ever. However, coming to Kershire Academy, it frightened her that Michael made new friends almost immediately. It didn't surprise her, though. Not a single person she knew could stand to hate Michael. He's just so…cool and collective. The thought of the sharp eyed boy ever forsaking her made her insides clench with a rushing wave of fear and alarm. The girl could hardly stand an hour without seeing him, let alone a day or two without talking to him.
 
“Hmm…irony.”
 
“Irony?”
 
“Of course. Can you imagine your name being Mary Jane?”
 
“That's true. I'd probably shoot myself. But then again…You call me that only when something's wrong.”
 
The sudden far away look crossed Michael's face, and sent a constant sliver of fear through her very core. She'd never seen an expression so…well…expressionless. Though looking indirectly, she could see a nearly milky and cloudy dazed look of blankness in the boy's usually sharp eyes. Where a piercing gaze used to be, there was the terrifyingly vacant expression Jennifer had never seen before. An expression she wanted more than anything to wipe away with the imaginary eraser of comfort.
 
“…Michael?”
 
He didn't answer. The sliver of fear becoming bigger, she waved her hands frantically in front of his face trying to get his attention.
 
Like a rock, he didn't even budge. His eyes neither followed her hand movements nor even seemed to acknowledge that she existed in the first place. He didn't seem to only look past her palm and fingertips; he seemed to look past reality. Look past life. Look past everything and everyone into something that she couldn't see; No matter how often she tried to follow the empty gaze.
 
“Michael! Michael! Michael, wake up!”
 
Neither screaming his name, nor vigorously shaking him roused the inexpressive teen. His wooden expression flat and soulless continued to look beyond the beyond and even farther than the afar. Jen however, never having felt so alive felt her heart race. Her head pulsing with thoughts ricocheting off the insides, she panicked even more than before.
 
"Oh god! What am I going to do! I can't just leave him and go get help!"
 
Sitting there with her shaking hands trying to rouse Michael out of his stupor, a sudden large wave of desperation filled her as she through the air moved her hand back. Time seemed to stop for no one's notice. Her hand was paused and ready for the kill, and with lightening speed swung it forward. The resounding smack that followed, resounded throughout the library. It bothered the silence for but a moment; in which a tense stillness haunted; Silent tears of horror filling Jennifer's eyes.
 
"NO!
System checkpoint: Continue Chapter 1 screening?
Yes No
System checkpoint…affirmed. Continuing in 3…2…1…starting part 3 of 3…
 
The affirmed screening of Chapter 1 has been "terminated in progress."
The affirmed screening of Chapter 2 will begin in 4…3…2…1…
 
 
 
 
^.^ Chapter 1 has been "terminated in progress." O.O what could that mean? And the purple text…what could THAT mean…? What? Could it be a…preview? You never know! Let us move on and see~! <(^_^)> But first, I must see 3 reviews…
 
------------------------------- ------>
Pending transmission…