Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cheshire King ❯ The present arrives! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Hypnotic violet depths gazed dully from the oblivion of the embracing shadows. The silhouette engulfed in the darkness slowly crept from their resting position. Strolling into the light the face of an aloof feline came into view with a harden glare reflecting into his lavender pools.
 
An unusual smirk crossed the pale lips of the young cat as the gears in his mind turned rapidly as a cunning idea formed quickly. "What are you smirking at slave?" demanded the tone of an angry guard whose eyes were focused upon the dark feline. Tilting his head the young cat replied with a mocking voice while his intense eyes roamed through the depths of the old guard.
 
"I am merely thinking Sir." sarcasm draped over every word that seeped off the feline's tongue like gentle silk. A glare reflected from the guard's eyes as he replied with a low grunt before walking off in the distance. "Alzeid you should really stop teasing the guards." explained the worried tone of a young boy resting in the steel cage next to the devious feline.
 
"What I do is none of your concern boy." stated Alzeid with a malicious tone as his slender fingers ran through his long navy tresses that flowed freely to the tips of his shoulders. The weak slave nearby flinched at the harsh voice that Alzeid spoke in but pushing away the fearful shivers from his back.
 
The young boy quickly replied but his words stumbled over each other "B-But Alzeid aren't you worried-" before the poor slave could finish the sharp deadly tone of Alzeid interrupted "My business doesn't concern you." the last of the sentence was said with a small growl as the dark feline held his usual emotionless face.
 
The mouth of the young slave shut quickly no wanting to further anger the dangerous cat. A long slender tail behind Alzeid swayed to and fro with annoyance as the tall lean form of Alzeid leaned against the icy steel bars of his damp cage.
 
Alzeid's violet orbs darted in the direction in which footsteps could be heard coming close. The feline's dark cat ears flickered slightly at the faint sound of shoes thumping into the hard ground "Another customer..." murmured Alzeid as the young cat gazed at the direction the sounds of foot steps were coming from as the chilling breezes swirled in the slave market.
 
A tall man appeared dressed in the attire of a butler his eyes gazed at the many cages down the row until he stopped in front of Alzeid. "Hmm you're fitting enough." mumbled the butler as he glanced at dark feline with a deep in thought look reflecting of the man's face.
 
After what seemed like a few minutes the butler refocused his attention on a guard. " I would like to take this slave." muttered the man towards the guard who nodded in reply. The guard came towards Alzeid confined cage and undid the lock letting the feline stroll out of the cage with his slender tail flowing behind him. "Come we are taking you to your new master." exclaimed the butler as he motioned for Alzeid to follow him in the direction of the car.
 
Making no reply Alzeid followed the man with complete silence in the air as they neared the ebony car. Stepping into the car Alzeid merely let his haunting eyes gaze at the scenery outside the vehicle while the butler made his way to the front seat and drove the expensive car from the hellhole known as the slave market. After what seems like a good thirty minutes the car came to a slow pace as the view of a large mansion was seen.
 
The car soon came to a halt and Alzeid opened the door of the car and walked towards the large wooden doors of the mansion with the butler at his side. Pushing opening the doors Alzeid strolled into the house where his new master awaited his arrival. "Master your gift has arrived." exclaimed the butler as his voice echoed through out the empty halls of the large home.
 
Silence lurked in the air as the butler left to find the young female master while Alzeid walked over to a nearby wall and leaned against it. His violet eyes roamed around the room glancing at everything as he waited to meet his new master. His face held no emotion while his eyes had a deadly gleam dancing in the violet depths. His navy cat ears flickered at sounds coming from with in the mansion while his long tail swayed in a slow manner.
 
---------------------
 
Black ebony covers draped over a petite form, as they lay engulfed in the massive bed while small trances of light seeped into the room. The peaceful silence that once had embraced the dark room was interrupted by the soft knocking upon the door followed by the low voice of a middle-aged man. “Young master your present from you parents has finally arrived.” The only reply the butler received was a groan and the low mumble of curses from within the bedroom.
 
Giving a small knowing smirk with a chuckle the butler made his was down the hall towards the kitchen to prepare supper. After the faint sounds of the butler's footsteps faded in the distance, another low groan was heard from the bed -which is where the young heiress Nyx's tired body lied refusing to get up from the warm hug of the covers.
 
Slowly she parted open her azure dazed eyes while carefully sitting up in the middle of the king-sized bed to slightly glance around at her surroundings. The room was illuminated by the morning sunlight that flowed through the red curtains that framed the large windows near the bed. Nyx gently rubbed her eyes to get rid of the slightly blurred vision from waking up a soft yawn escaped past her dry lips.
 
Stretching out her arms once before Nyx slipped from the safe confines of the bed. She started to make her way over towards the lavish bathroom across the bedchamber to freshen up for the day. After a good half hour Nyx reappeared from the bathroom refreshed and fully clothed in her daily attire. As Nyx made her way towards the entrance to her private chambers thoughts rushed through Nyx's mind as she reflected on what her parents had said about getting a pet in hopes that she would open up
 
The truth was it wasn't that she didn't know interact with people the real problem is that she couldn't control what came out of her mouth when she spoke. Nyx would try to say one thing to someone but the second she opened her mouth the exact opposite was said. It was a constant curse that left Nyx with no friends and many enemies.
 
Letting a deep sigh seep past her breath at her previous thoughts Nyx ran a slender hand through silky brown locks while shutting the large oak door to her room. Glancing at the empty hallway Nyx started headed towards the front of the mansion where her new `pet' was supposed to be.
 
After a few minutes of walking through the mansion Nyx finally arrived at the top of the large stairs that over looks the inside entrance to the Ve Aurelius mansion. Taking in a deep breath Nyx closed her eyes for a brief moment from both her nervousness and excitement at seeing her very first pet in her whole life. Parting open ocean eyes Nyx started to slowly stroll down the Italian cover marble stairs.
 
Blue eyes roamed around the surroundings hoping to see any sign of her pet. But instead of seeing a small dog or a cute baby kitten the only thing Nyx saw was completely different. Her gaze landed upon a tall young man around her age leaning against one of the wall with his eyes shut and his toned arms crossed over his chest.
 
But the thing that made him stand out from a normal boy was the slender dark navy tail and large ears resting on his head. Feeling a presence of someone else in the room Alzeid parted open both of his intense violet eyes as he gazed both into the depths of Nyx's surprised blue pools.
 
“You sure took sweet time princess. I've been wasting away waiting for you to hurry your spoiled ass down here to see me.” Alzeid explained with a half annoyed half arrogant tone as he pushed himself off the cold wall “And now that you have finally graced me with your royal presence. I'm off to find something better to do with my self such as getting me a delicious meal from the kitchen.” With that said Alzeid excused him self and headed towards the direction of the sweet aroma from the kitchen.
 
 
Nyx stood there frozen in both shock at being insulted and having a person or well a half cat human as her pet. After a few moments Nyx snapped out of her surprise and what her new pet had said finally processed through her mind. “What the hell?! Your bloody cat-boy or whatever you are! You are so dead!” Nyx hollered in an angered voice as she started in the direction her `pet' headed. Well this isn't how Nyx expected to start her day and it was only around ten o'clock in the morning.