Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ In My Heart and In My Mind ❯ Chapter 28

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
In My Heart and In My Mind
By Kathryn K. Williams 2006

Epilogue

The group of four girls sat upon the couch in the basement, happily eating pizza. Star and Am’s presents lined up on the table, a crystal frog from Star to Sam and a stuffed bear from Sam to Star. They both hugged each other and loved their presents dearly, surprised that each knew what the other would want. Now they were relaxing with a movie lightly playing on the TV.

“I can’t believe we made it through that alive.” Trish breathed, shuttering at the thought of Star’s father with the gun in his hand, “I thought we were dead for sure.”

Beth pulled Trish into arms, “I’m glad you didn’t die, I don’t know what I’d do without you.” She said and lightly kissed the girl.

Star stared at her cousin in shock, “Since when have you liked girls?” She inquired curiously.

Beth turned and smiled at her cousin, “A lot longer then you I suspect, I just didn’t tell you because unlike you I keep my private life private.”

Star looked at the two girls suspiciously, “Have you two had sex yet?”

Trish chocked on her pizza that she just pit into and Beth handed her a can of pop, who took it gratefully and drained it, “STAR!?! You are as bad as mom.” Beth shouted at the girl.

Star shrugged, “I was just curious, I wanted to know what it felt like.”

Beth glanced over at Sam, “Well now is your chance to find out.” She said with a sly grin.

Star flushed brightly and Sam mimicked the blush, “Bethany!!!” Star shoved her cousin playfully.

Beth put up her hands in defence, “Well are you two going to start dating at the very least?”

Star stopped hitting Beth and turned to face Sam, who was still blushing, “I… I never really thought about that.”

Sam scratched the back of her head, “I was too busy worrying that you would reject me to think about anything else.”

Star turned on the couch to face the girl, “Now why would I reject you? I told you we were friends didn’t I?” She stated confidently.

Sam continued to blush and could not return the girl’s gaze as she fiddled with the hem of her shirt, “Yeah, but that was before you saw me in person. You could have chanced your mind.” She admitted miserably.

Star leaned forward and turned her head so she could look up at the girl’s face, “You are right, you are not very pretty when you frown like that.” She smiled up at the girl, causing Sam to smile slightly. Star’s grin broadened at the sight of Sam’s smile, “That is better. Your smile is very cute.”

Sam shook her head at the girl, “You are silly, you know that.”

Star lowered her eyes, “Silly… is that a good thing.”

Sam nodded, “I like insanity, it is better then normality that is for sure.” Sam’s face brightened and she called out to the girl in her mind, ((And who would give up a connection like this.))

Star looked into Sam’s eyes, ((You really don’t mind our minds linked like this?)) She inquired nervously.

Sam nodded, ((It means we’ll never be apart, no matter what happens.))

Star’s eyes darted about then back up at Sam, ((Do you really want to be with me? I mean don’t you find any of this kind of strange.))

Sam laughed, ((I’m used to strange.)) She remarked.

“Alright you two.” Beth said staring at the girls, “Could you let us in on your little conversation?”

Trish glanced between the two in disbelief, “Does that mean your minds are linked again.”

Star curled up in Sam’s arms and grins at the girls, “Yep!” She said gleefully, “And nothing will ever pull us apart.” She glanced up at Sam, “Right?”

Sam nodded, “Right.” She lowered her head to lightly kiss the girl upon the lips. Star pulled back for a moment and then smiled and returned the kiss, pulling herself up onto Sam as she deepened the kiss.

Beth batted her cousin on the back of the head, “Enough of that. Get a room.” She said playfully.

Star parted from the kiss and shivered, a mischievous look in her eyes, “Do you want to go to your room?”

“WHAT?!?” Trish and Beth both exclaimed in shock.

Star gave the girls a wide grin, “Gotya!!” She cried out happily, clapping her hands together.

Sam let out a deep breath, “You had me going there too.” Sam said, trying to slow her heart down.

Star smiled at the girl, ((Who knows what the future will bring.)) She said with a wink. Abruptly the sound of muffled chimes and beeps drifted through the air and the girls looking around in search of the sound.

“Oh!” Star picked up her handbag off the coffee table and pulled out the toad Meephit from inside, “I forgot all about this thing.” She said with a smile.

The girls all leaned in close to look at the toy, “It really does look like the one I got Sam last year doesn’t it?” Trish inquired curiously.

Sam nodded, “I can’t believe all of this is because of that silly toy.” She remarked uneasily.

“I’m glad it did.” Star stated happily and preceded to retrieve the device from its stomach, “I wonder what it is trying to tell us?” She stared at the screen and blinked, “Hey Sam… look at this…”

She leaned closer to the girl so she could get a better look. Blinking across the screen was a series of word, “Congratulations Samantha and Star. Your Meephit has evolved to the next level, thanks for playing. I hope you enjoy our next game.”

“NEXT GAME!?!?”

The End

*****

To be Continued . . .

*****

Note: Characters and ideas in this story are a copyright of Kathryn K Williams.

If you wish to view art from this series please visit my deviant arts site at: http://shinigami-shimai.deviantart.com/

For more of my stories visit my deviant hearts site at: http://www.devianthearts.com/viewuser.php?uid=159

Also if you spot any typos or other errors please contact me at katwilliams @ rogers.com