Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Remember Your Past ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Doors tend to open and close throughout your life… You often linger so much on the closed doors that you fail to see all the doors that open right before your eyes… It's just like fate… Your fate holds you upon the closed doors, wishing that they would open… One last time…
Many doors in your life are closed for a reason. Many had frightened you, tormented you. Some, you miss very dearly… No matter what was behind them, they rarely ever open back up again… What if one was forced back open? I wonder… What would happen?
Is it really possible to change your fate? Do doors close for a reason? …Is your future really based on doors? …Or is it something else? …Do you believe…in second chances?
 
*~*~*~*~*
 
Setasha stared at the door for at least ten minutes. She still couldn't believe that it was there. The door itself looked so… Ancient. She placed a gloved hand on the wood. It was solid enough, so it had to be real. She ran her hand down and along the gold doorknob.
“Why…why does this look so…familiar?” She flipped her long black bangs out of her face as her words repeated in her head, “Of all places…why in a library?”
She swiped her fingers gently over the doorknob again and was surprised to find that it was not dusty, although the door looked like it had not been touched in years. She quickly pulled a disposable camera out of her black gothic pants and took a picture of the door. She continued to stare at the door and she lowered the camera and placed it back into her pocket.
“What are you doing?”
Setasha heard the voice behind her and quickly turned around, “W-what?”
She was staring at a boy, about her age and her height. She was eighteen and about 5'6”. He looked at least an inch taller, maybe more. He had long blonde hair that was tied back in a ponytail. He wore black running shoes, a loose fitting white t-shirt and loose black skater pants held up by a silver chain belt.
She stared into his ocean mist colored eyes as he repeated himself, “What are you doing?”
She blinked, her silver blue eyes meeting his again, “I-I'm sorry…it's just…this door…”
The boy blinked and raised an eyebrow at her, “What…door?”
Setasha blinked again and turned around to find that the door was gone, “What?! But there was a door there a min-”
He cut her off by lightly covering her mouth with his right hand, “Incase you forgot…you're in a library and you're yelling…I suggest you stop before we get kicked out.” He smiled slightly and removed his hand.
Setasha blushed, still able to feel the warmth of his hand on her face, “Who…are you?”
The boy blinked, “Why do I need to tell you?”
Setasha stared at him confused, “I don't understand…why wont you tell me?”
The boy crossed his arms and leaned against the wall next to her and stared deeply into her eyes, “What were you really doing before I showed up?”
Setasha backed away from him and crossed her arms as well and closed her eyes, “I told you, I was staring at the door.”
“You mean a door.”
Setasha opened her eyes and glared at him, “It was there! I saw I-”
He cut her off again, but this time he gently covered her lips with his. He pulled away staring deeply into her eyes again, “You talk to much…”
Setasha blinked, not believing that he had just done that, “Tell me your name…please…”
The boy frowned slightly and shifted his weight, “You already know it…”
Setasha looked at him surprised, “What? No I don't. I've never seen you before in my life.”
The boy looked deeply into her eyes again, this time his eyes were full of worry. He ran his fingers softly across her cheek, “Do you really not remember me Princess?”
Setasha quickly swatted his hand away and backed up, “I told you, I've never seen you before in my life…who are you? Why did you call me Princess?”
He just stared at her and sighed, “You really don't remember…do you?”
She saw him frown and before she knew it she had taken a step closer and placed her hands on his hips while resting her head on his shoulder and closing her eyes, “You seem so familiar…but I've never seen you before…just like that door…”
The boy blinked and blushed as he put his arms around her, “You know…the black gothic look doesn't suit you…”
Setasha looked up at him shocked, “W-what?”
He smiled softly as the red faded from his face, “You look better in white… Personally I like your natural brown hair color better than that deep black it is now.”
She blushed still looking into his eyes, “H-how did you know my natural hair color was brown? It hasn't been brown since I was little.”
He laughed a bit as he removed his arms and took a step back, never looking away from her eyes, “Do you believe in second chances…Princess?”
Setasha's eyes widened again and she took a step back, “What?”
“Hey Girl!”
Setasha quickly turned around to find the librarian yelling at her.
“What are you doing here?! We're closed!”
She blinked, “I thought you closed at ten…”
The librarian took a step closer. He was about her height as well as near the same age. He also had shoulder length blonde hair that was pulled back in a ponytail. He wore a white button-up shirt and black jeans held up by a black belt, but his shoes were black jogging shoes like he had just come in off the street. His eyes were a silver blue color similar to hers. He sighed, calming down a bit, “We did. It's 10:30 now… Check that book out if you like and please leave.”
Setasha shook her head, “Sir I'm not holing a…” She trailed off and looked in her hand to find that she was holding a black leather book with no title. She turned to face the boy, but her was gone…
The librarian took the book from her hand and flipped through it. Setasha watched and was surprised to find that all the pages were blank. Confused by the book he handed it back to her, “This… is not one of ours… Please take it with you and leave.”
Setasha blinked and took the book as he led her to the door.
 
*~*~*~*~*
 
Setasha sat at the table inside her house. Her black trench coat was resting on her shoulders and her arms were crossed within it. Her silver blue eyes rested on the black leather book on the edge of the table.
She sighed softly as she closed her eyes. Just as soon as her eyes were completely closed images of what happened at the library passed through her mind. She gasped and her eyes shot open, “Who were those guys?”
Suddenly she heard footsteps behind her. Setasha quickly stood up and turned around as the black trench coat fell to the floor. Her eyes widened as she saw the blonde haired boy that had called her Princess. He was leaning in against the doorway to her kitchen staring at her with his arms crossed. However, this time he was not wearing normal clothes…