Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Rose of Sharon ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Rose Of Sharon"
(Prologus)
*
*
The starry night sky was clouded with heavy black smoke from the burning village below. Terrible screams echoed through the air as panicky people ran about, either looking for a loved one or screaming at a burning house, their loved one trapped inside. Others did what they could to quickly put the fires to rest. And lost young children screamed for their parents as an evil presence overwhelmed their frightened young minds.
Dark shadows slithered through the village like massive serpents, casting sudden destruction on anything and anyone it passed. The moonless night made it hard to see what was savagely attacking, mercilessly devouring and destroying everything in its path. As this unseen evil moved in like an angry tsunami, it traveled deeper toward the end of the town. There, a grand white palace tower over the burning village.
Fully-armed soldiers swarmed out from the palace openings with weapons in hand, determined to protect the village and her people. Bellowing army cries, their thundering voices let the world know that this is their home and they were going to protect it with their lives!
As the wave of darkness drew in closer, several figures stood on the spacious white balcony of the palace. They were all loaded with armor but only seven were cloaked in long rich material that hooded their heads, covered the lower half of their face, then around their neck and shoulders, as the rest fanned out into a long cape behind them.
There were nine of them. Six of the cloaked figures held down the seventh as he squirmed and hollered to be let free. His glowering green eyes fixed on the armor-plated king that stood at the end of the balcony facing his burning kingdom. The king looked down at an old tiny scroll he held in his hand and clinched it.
The seventh figure continued to bellow words of reason until the king shook his gaze away from his burning village and began walking toward him. Those words quickly ceased as the king unsheathed his long golden sword. He looked down at the young man on his knees in front of him, held tightly by his faithful servants. For a few moments, the king stared deep into the eyes of the young man. His glare at the young man became intense and focused as if he was searching for his spirit, piercing his eyes into the young man’s very soul. And finally seeing something that satisfied him, he grabbed the young man’s hand and sliced it open! The blood ran thick. The man on his knees flinched as the king rubbed the small scroll in his blood.
Taking the bloody scroll back, the king smiled at him gently and said, “Do not fear…You’re going to be fine.” The king turned away. Gripping his golden sword he held out the blood stained scroll before him. It unwrapped itself, revealing glowing blue symbols. "It is time...May Your Will be done…" He whispered at the dark sky.
Instantly the winds around them picked up speed, blowing away the dust that rested on the ground and the heavy smoke that clouded the starry morning sky above them. The trees swayed from side to side, bullied by the angry winds as healthy leaves blew away into the fires. The old scroll stiffened like a board in mid air, refusing to obey the winds it casted. As it glowed brighter, the winds grew fiercer.
A sudden slither of light burst before them in mid-air, like a rip through the dimensions. The line of light tore itself open! Its light shined brightly like the sun. The strong, hot light emanated from inside, literally pushing them back with its intensity.
As the dark shadow drew in, the king quickly sheathed his sword, rolled up the scroll and orders his servants to stand the boy to his feet. As they did so, the king shoved the scroll under the young man’s drapes and into the light armor that he wore underneath. The young man struggled yet again as the king cupped his cheek and pushed strands of hair away to kiss his forehead. Then looked deep into the young man’s worried eyes.
"My son, you must do this, for your kingdom. Find the one who is to be our savior and bring him back here so that he may deliver us from this nightmare."
"Dad Please Listen--!!” The prince cried.
“Take him.” Ordered the king.
The servants began to drag him to the hot, blinding light. “No, noooo!!” The young man cries as he tries to fight against his servants. They headed off the edge and disappear into void, as if being swallowed by the light itself. The echoes of the young man’s bellows were left behind, fading on currents of wind.
A very large, very muscular being, also plated in armor, stepped forward only feet behind the king, his face hidden by the armor and in a deep voice it said, "My Lord, the enemy is approaching the palace wall. We must move you to somewhere safe--"
"I want you to hurry--accompany my son...protect him, guide him, as you did me. See to it that he finds 'the one' he's looking for...these are my last wishes." He stares intensely upon his burning land, eyes flared and determined. The circle of light begins to rapidly shrink.
"Nonsense! My Lord, I am your most faithful servant...My soul duty is to protect you!"
"Your protection is worthless to me if it cannot save my people!!!” They stared each other down.
“But My King...”
“That was an order Master Britt…go quickly now. If my son does not find our savior, this world will die! Is that what you want?!" He turns to look up at the gigantic armored guard, who to most would seem even more threatening than the situation.
"...Of course not my king." He kneels to his king and places his arm over his chest. "I will see to it that your son and your kingdom are safely kept guarded, all the days of my life." He promises. The king places a hand over the guard’s giant, muscular shoulder.
"I know you will my friend." The king responds.
The guard gently grabbed the king’s hand and places it upon his forehead before gathering himself up and running quickly toward the dying light.
The guard hopped on the edge of the fenced balcony, standing just before the vortex. Even as dim as the light had become, he squinted his eyes, jerking his head away to keep himself from becoming blinded. As he did so, his eyes shifted suddenly to see the dark creature spilling over the palace walls, like an overflowing dam showing no mercy. The guard shook his head that was full of doubt and pushed it aside before turning to his king. "We will make you proud, My King."
"You already have." He replies.
Without hesitation, the giant guard jumped into what was left of the vortex. Just as the light faded before the king, the giant, dreadful darkness was waiting silently behind it. Its awful presence hovered over the balcony, arching down at the king as he unsheathed his glittering sword once again. Both were paused…still… calm, like the deathly silence before a storm. The sobs from the village can still be heard as the ashes from those consumed by fires blew away into the cold morning sky. The Sun began to hit the horizon.
"For the Honor." The King whispered.
The king runs full speed, leaping off the edge of the fenced balcony. He jumps high into the air toward the black, wicked creature that was plummeting down toward him! He and his golden sword ready and willing to face a creature that was darker than the blackest night.
*
*
(End of Prologus)
All characters of Rose of Sharon are proudly owned The True Dreamer only. Every last one of them. Thank You.
Copyright2005 Rose Of Sharon