Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ UNEXPECTED GUEST ( Chapter 23 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 23 - UNEXPECTED GUEST
NARRATOR'S POV
After the very fun at the same time, controversial sleepover, they went back to their homes.
“Bye dude.” The guys said in unison.
“Bye BFF.” Their girlfriends added.
“Bye.” James and Ann both waved.
“Hey Ann, are you sure you don't want to go with us?” Paul asked.
“It's okay men! I'll take her home.” James assured.
“Alright.”
And off they went. As soon as the car their friends were using was already out of sight, the two of them went inside to rest.
---
The weekend went by pretty quick; they're back to school again. As expected, James was greeted by most of the students. Every girl in school would drop their jaws whenever JAMES REID would pass by them. Unfortunately, James is taken :) even though they already knew the fact that he is taken, there are still desperate ones who would strongly believe that James is not for Ann…
SHEY IS ONE OF THOSE…
It was about 10 in the morning; Ann was heading towards her next class. She wasn't with James, since he has still class. Tricia, on the other hand, was busy helping Prof. Rivera in designing the School Exhibit since she's good in arts. While Ann, on the way to her next class, was blocked by Shey together with her friends.
“Uh—do you need something?” Ann politely asked.
“Huh! How dare you mess up with James! Aren't you satisfied with him? Do you still need to flirt with Sam??” Shey exclaimed, giving Ann a furious look.
“I'm sorry but I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not flirting with anyone.” Ann answered.
“Oh c'mon. Not all are too stupid to believe your stupid lie. We know you cheated on James!” she added.
“Really? How come I don't have any memory of myself cheating on someone else?” Ann innocently replied.
“Huh! Pathetic!” she rolled her eyes.
“Could you please excuse me? I still have class to attend to.” Ann said. She was about to walk away when Shey pushed her back in front of her.
“Are you that impolite? How could you just walk away from a conversation? I'm not even finish talking!” she said.
At that time, James already finished his Economics class. He was heading to his next class with his friends. When they were about to pas the hallway, they saw Shey talking with Ann. But, he doesn't see it as a friendly conversation.
“What are you trying to do? I'm not doing anything bad to you.” Ann uttered.
“What I am just trying to say is, you do not deserve to be James' girlfriend!” she exclaimed.
“Wow! Thank you! So can I go now to my class?” Ann asked as she walked out again.
“Ugh!” Shey groaned and pushed Ann back in front of her.
James, seeing what Shey was trying to do to Ann, stepped towards them to protect her girlfriend. But he was stopped by his friends.
“Dude, it's a girl's fight. Ann can handle that.” Josh cheered. James gave in and just watched the whole scene.
“Please. Stop it. I don't want to start a fight.” Ann pleaded.
“Huh! So are you now being `miss-nice-girl' now?? ” Shey asked.
Ann didn't respond. With her body gestures, you could really tell that she's in a hurry. Shey got pissed off and grabed the soda that her friend was holding.
“So what now? You'll gonna splash that soda on me?” Ann asked.
“Good thing you knew.” Shey displayed a wicked smile.
“Great idea, especially that James is watching us. I'm sure he'll never be yours once he'll see you doing that.” Ann smiled.
Shey turned around and saw James. She faced Ann back as her blood started to boil; her face grew smoking red. She managed to crush the SODA CAN as her hand turned into a fist. She threw it furiously and walked out. Her friends followed her right away.
“(sigh) Thank God I can go now to my next class.” Ann smiled.
Before she could take a step, James, together with his friends surrounded her.
“Ann, that was awesome!” Paul exclaimed.
“Yeah. You totally knocked off that bitch!” Josh added.
The guys zipped their mouths when they heard James cleared his throat.
“So, can I talk to my girlfriend now?” he sarcastically asked the guys.
“Uh—yeah sure.” And off they went. His friends went to their next class ahead, leaving James with Ann alone.
“Wow Ann, you did great.” James smiled.
“Thanks.”
“So, how did you know I was watching you two?”
“James, I'm a sorceress, remember?”
He chuckled. “Oh yeah right :). Why didn't I think of that?”
Both chuckled.
“So, can I go to my next class now? I'm approximately 2 minutes late.” Ann said.
“Very good, Ann. Your are now officially a student.” James joked.
Ann just flashed a teasing smile and walked towards her room. Of course, James was with him. After that incident, James was very proud of himself having a girlfriend like Ann. He thought that Ann was really weak and can't handle certain conflicts like that, but he thought wrong. Ann is really brave; brave to face challenges that high school life has to offer :)
The weekdays ended pretty fast, Ann is already starting to feel how it so tiring to be a student.
“See? I told you school sucks!” James uttered.
“What? How could you say that? Is that what you learned from school?” Ann asked.
*And now she sounded like my mother* James thought.
“(sigh) yeah whatever. Just watch tv while I'll make some sandwiches for us.” James smiled at his oh-so-innocent girlfriend and walked towards the kitchen to prepare. Ann took a seat on the coach and grabbed the remote to turn the television on. Yes, Ann already knows about how a television works. James already taught her a lot of things that she didn't know. But only, ordinary things that she needed to know, not things that an innocent child must not know, like a COND--- never mind -_-`
While browsing the television channels, one tv program caught her attention…
Are ya ready kids?
Aye, Aye captain!
I can't heeeaaar yooouuu!
AYE, AYE CAPTAIN!
oooooooooooo.........
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? 
Sponge Bob Square Pants!
Absorbent and yellow and porous is he.
Sponge Bob Square Pants!
If nautical nonsense be somethin' ya wish.
Sponge Bob Square Pants!
Then drop on the deck and flop like a fish.
Sponge Bob Square Pants!
Ready?
Sponge Bob Square Pants,
 
Sponge Bob Square Pants,
 
Sponge Bob Square Pants,
 
Sponge Booob Square Paaants!
Ah Ha Ha, Ha Ha Ha, Ha, hArgh wh..arire..Ha arrrigh.
“Spongebob? Lives in a pineapple? That's weird.” Ann said to herself.
“Hey Patrick! “ Spongebob called.
“Hey.” Patrick replied.
“DO you know what's funnier than 24?” Spongebob asked.
“What?”
“25!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA” Spongebob laughed with Patrick.
“24 isn't even funny! Why are they laughing like it's really funny?” Ann asked herself.
*I wonder if James laughs at that joke too…Hmmm…* Ann thought.
She left the remote on the coach and went to James. Before she cracked the joke she just learned, she first tested if James knows Spongebob.
“James, do you know someone who lives in a pineapple under the sea?” she asked innocently.
“Yep.”
“Really? How many are they?”
“Wait, you're talking about Spongebob right?”
“Wow!! How did you know him?” she exclaimed.
“Ann, everyone knows Spongebob. He's like, the most famous sponge in the world.” James laughed.
“Am I the last to know about his existence? Hmpf!” Ann frowned, though she was still cute.
James smiled ad pinched her cheeks.
“Ouch! What was that for?”
He didn't respond, instead, he flashed a grin to her that made her blush. At that time, Ann was about to tell James about the joke she just learned when James' phone rang…
“Hello?” he uttered.
“BABBYYY JAAAMMMEESSSS!!!!!” the girl answered.
“Ow Lauren, you hurt my ears.” He answered.
“OMG! OMG! I'm so excited to see you again! I missed you so much Baby James (faked cry).”
“Yeah whatever.”
“I have some good news for you. I'm staying in the Philippines for two months!!!!” Lauren uttered.
“Really? Awesome! So where are you going to stay?” he asked.
“In your house.” She answered shortly.
“In my house??????? Uh---Lauren, I can't let you live here with me. Uh--- it's pretty awkward now that I've grown up.”
“C'mon Baby James. Pleaseeeeee????” she pleaded.
“Lauren, I just can't. Uh---
“Gosh James. It's the first time you neglected me. It's so not you. Wait, are you hiding something from me?? James, I smell something fishy.”
“Huh? Uh—(fake laugh) I-I'm not hiding something. And there are no fishes here, how could you say that you smelled something fishy?”
“Haha, very funny.” Lauren replied sarcastically.
“Please, I beg you, not now! Don't live here with me!!!” James said.
“(sigh) Okay Baby James, but promise me you'll tell me why, soon, okay?”
“Uh—Yeah?? Sure, whatever.”
“Bye Baby James, I love you! MWAHH.” Lauren ended the phone call.
“Who was that, James?” Ann asked.
“My sister.” He replied.
“Okay, so I have a joke to tell you.” She smiled.
“Joke? Seriously? Okay, just make sure I'll laugh with that.” James raised his eyebrow.
“So, what do you think is funnier than twenty fou----
*DOORBELL RINGS*
“Wait up.” He uttered as he headed towards the front door.
“Okay.” Ann replied shortly.
*Could this be Lauren? Ugh! I told her not to live here with me. >:(* James thought.
When he was about to open the door,
“I told you can't live he---- MOM?????”
END OF CHAPTER 23-