Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Past and Present ❯ Fall For You ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Please comment on what pairs you think would work!! I'd love to know your opinion! Pretty much only Erica will be matched up, but you can make other pairs too if you want!
 
Because tonight will be the night
That I will fall for you over again
Don't make me change my mind

Or I won't live to see another day
I swear it's true
Because a girl like you's impossible to find

Tonight will be the night
That I will fall for you over again
Don't make me change my mind

Or I won't live to see another day
I swear it's true
Because a girl like you's impossible to find
You're impossible to find
 
nnnnnn
 
Erica's eyelids opened slowly. She lay there on her bed for a moment listening to a commercial on the radio.
“Hey kids!” and annoying voice said from the speakers. Erica assumed that it was supposed to be a cowboy.
Yo, Erica thought back
“Are ya'll ready to get back to school?”
No, never.
“No? Then come on down to the good ol' School Barn! There, everything is on sale for buy one get one half off!” Erica rolled her eyes. She pressed and help down the “Set Time” button on the alarm clock/radio making the commercial fade as the cowboy was giving the location of the “good ol' School Barn”
School's already started, dork, she thought smartly.
She turned on her side to look at the clock It glowed a bright green 5:30.
Erica groaned. “This is way too early for the first day of school.” She sat up and walked tiredly to the floor lamp. She turned the knob once, and light flooded into the room. Erica blinked rapidly. “And this,” she added, “is way too bright for the lowest setting.” Erica glanced out the window. A few cars passed by outside. It was still black enough out that one could mistake it for midnight.
A little 7-year-old girl sat up, rubbing her eyes. “It's time to get up?” she muttered, half-asleep.
“Go back to sleep, Ashlee,” Erica said. Ashlee lay back down and grew quiet once again. Ashlee had long light brown hair that would have been down to her waist if she were standing up. Her eyes were the same color, just darker, and freckles dotted her face daintily, making her look absolutely adorable. Erica would have killed to look even relatively like Ashlee.
Erica sat down on her bed. A quiet mew came from the doorway, and a little Siamese kitten appeared. It jumped onto the bed and climbed onto Erica's lap. Then it reared up on its hind legs, put its paws just below Erica's neck and mewed repeatedly begging for attention. Erica patted his head and muttered, “Not now Archer.” Erica pitied the poor kitten for having such a terrible name. Erica's little brother, Mitch, picked it out because Ashlee and Erica got to pick which kitten to take home. Mitch wanted a kitten that had bald spots on it, but was over-ruled by Ashlee and Erica. “Besides,” Erica had added, “it's probably sick and won't live very long anyway.” When they brought Archer home, they called him simply “Kitten” for a long time. Then it was decided that he needed a real name, so their mother decided to let Mitch pick the name. Unfortunately, Mitch thought that “Archer” would be a cool name, and that's what was picked. He almost got to make the tag, but when his mom figured out that he spelled “Archer” as “Orcher,” she decided to make it.
Erica stood up; knocking Archer onto the floor and making him mew in protest. She ignored him and walked over to the closet. She had a pile of clothes already picked out. A turquoise baby doll top with matching Bermuda shorts, tan flip flops, and, of course, a cami to go underneath the low-necked baby doll top. She skipped the shower (she had taken one the night before) and got dressed. Before she left, she turned the lamp know enough so the light stopped and the room was pitch black once again. Archer followed her out of the room, begging to be fed at once.
Erica sighed as she entered the kitchen. She pulled a bag of cat food out of the door-less pantry. She fished out the cup, and filled it. Then, she brought it to the cat dish and dumped it in, not caring about the din it created. Archer immediately ate it up greedily. “God, Archer. Breathe,” Erica muttered.
Erica was the only one who took care of Archer. She scooped his litter. She fed him and gave him water. She picked up his puke, and she cleaned up his accidents and misses. No one else did. All they wanted to do was play with him.
She made a bowl of oatmeal and, as she heated it, Erica went into the bathroom and plugged in the hair straightener. Upon hearing the microwave beep, Erica retraced her steps back to the kitchen. She took the food out immediately and hurried over to the table. It only hurt her hands a bit since she was holding the bowl by the rim. As she hurried back into the kitchen, she grabbed a spoon. Six o'clock. She went back to the table and ate.
When Erica was done, she checked the time again. Six thirteen. Erica walked to the bathroom, brushed her hair, and began to straighten her hair. She brushed her hair once again. Then she brushed her teeth, washed her face, put on deodorant, and applied makeup.
She walked across the hall back into her bedroom and noted the time. Six forty-six.
Erica sat down and waited for lack of better things to do. She opened her flip phone and checked the time. Six fifty. “Bye, Mom!” Erica called as she left, only to be answered by silence. Erica sighed, and then reminded herself that she would commit suicide if she ever had to work the night shift like her mom. She closed the door behind her and walked to the bus stop.