Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Reminencing in the Dragon's Den. ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]



Reminencing
In the Dragons Den.

The great dragon turned it's head to face the hero. It realeased it's flaming breath and the knight knew this was the end. The last two days began to flash before his eyes.

*Flashback*

"Hey, how was your stay in trollopolis?" the blonde asked the hero. The wind blew through her hair, making her appear more beautiful than usual.

"As well as could be expected." replied the knight. He was wearing silver armor that glistened in the sunlight, and his dark hair hung in his face. His sword rested in the ground stained with green troll blood. "How was your week?" he asked.

"Oh, the usual," she began. She played with her hair as she spoke. "Learned some spells, turned your brother into a toad, blew up the house, same old." She laughed and smiled. She was wearing a bright pink shirt under her violet overalls. In one hand she held a thick leather book, in the other, a well crafted rose shaped wand. Her long blonde hair was in two gravity defying pigtails.

*Pause flashback*

"Why?" the knight asked. "Why does it have to end this way?" the heat of the dragons breath sent him flying backwards. He skidded across the dirt, sparks flying from his armor.

*Continue flashback*

The two walked hand in hand towards the village, where most everyone was hard at work. They walked up to their cottage, where the girls uncle, to, was hard at work.

"Dan, blast-it! Where is that accursed tome!" he shouted to the wind. While he searched the many shelves the two took a seat in the kitchen, where the knight told fish tales of how he had slain the troll queen, and her army of a thousand minions. The girl knew they were exagerations but still she listened intently.

*Pause flashback*

"Where did I go wrong?' the knight pondered. He rose from the dirt to face the awful beast. It through him deeper into the chasm with a swish of his mighty tale.

*Continue flashback*

They sat in the cottage, drinking tea and making small talk. The knight stood up and took her hand in his. Gently he kissed it before saying, "I am sorry my love, but tommorow I leave again, for I must vanguish the dragon of the mountain, before he kills again." He then turned to leave, and paused, fingering the ring in his pocket. "Should I give it to her?" he pondered. He left the cottage, with the ring still secured in his pocket.

*Pause flashback*

"Why did I go? Why didn't I give her the ring?" He asked himself. "NO! I refuse to die! Not until she knows how much I care!" He slung his sword into the solid stone of the wall. The sparks flew in all directions, but soon he was no longer falling. He climbed up to meet the dragon, and charged it with full force...

*Continue flashback*

The girl waved at him as he rode of earlier that day, she shouted to him as his horse galloped on, "I love you! Please return safely!"

"I will, I promise my love!" he shouted back.

*End flashback*

"I intend to keep my promise!" he shouted as he drove his sword into the vile beast. It screamed in agony and fell into the molten lave below. It sunk and soon there was silence. No screams, no growls, not even the sound of the lava below. Only... silence. The knight left the cave, and walked past his dead horse, and slowly walked back to town.

*The very next day*

"You may now kiss the bride!"