Romance Fan Fiction ❯ When Angels Fall ❯ Getting Aquainted ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Characters List(more will be added as they are introduced):

Kanna Hitoshi - Angel posing as a school girl
Takeru Ai - Human boy student of Harahime High School
Abarame Kujishi - human female student of Harahime High School
Yuna Noda - Abarame's best friend; another student
Hiei Tatsuyuya - demon posing as a teacher
Tenchi Noae - student of Harahime; person on the train

Chapter One - Getting Aquainted

][ The location is intentionally not noted, so that so confusion can be made. This does not take place in anywhere in the real world today, but just a general idea of a suburban city. ][
][ I will try to make each character clear, but please tell me if there's any confusion or questions. All the characters, as well as the plot of this story are completely mine, so I would appreciate it if you told me before you started taking my ideas to use as your own. ][

Kanna Hitoshi sat outside of the subway station, awaiting the time when the whistle went off to tell her that the next bus was here. She sighed and looked down at the purple watch on her left wrist. She'd gotten there extra early this morning. Kanna was not an ordinary girl, but an angelic creature whose job was to protect the living humans. About a week ago, there was signs that a demon had escaped from hell and came to this area of the city. The demon was tracked until it reached a place called Harahime High School, a building at the edge of the city, before the trace disappeared. Kanna, being an experienced angel in the lines of work on the human plains, was sent down to pose as a student and track down the demon hiding amoung the innocent.

Her gentle purple eyes looked around, to the sky. It was a nice day, low soft white clouds hung in a delicate light blue sky illuminated with the gentle rays of sunlight from the orb of sun. It was like her to appreciate the sensations she could feel on earth. As an angel, in her angelic form she can feel no pain or pleasure. It was a way to protect them from becoming weak in their duties. Kanna stood up and brushed off, stepping onto the sidewalk and pulling from her school uniform skirt a cellphone. The cellphone opened in her palm, eyeing the small bit of text upon the bottom, next lie adjacent to a black square. Nothing appeared in the black as she glanced at it, shrugging and closing the cellphone. It returned to her pocket, Kanna then tilting her head skyward to once again admire the sight.

"Beautiful day, isn't it?" a voice behind her spoke.

She jumped slightly, unaware that she wasn't alone. Her head turned to the side to reveal the body behind her. He was an average height male, black hair and soft brown eyes. He was wearing a uniform similar to her own, which he must have noted because he then asked, "You're waiting for the train to Harahime?" Kanna nodded slowly as she regained her composure, breaking a cheerful smile.

"Yes, I am! Who might you be?" she questioned.

This boy took a small formal bow towards the lady, and stood straight as if presenting himself to someone respectfully. "My name is Takeru Ai! I'm going to be a Sophomore this year at Harahime High School. I don't remember seeing you last year, so you must be new. Care to introduce yourself?"

Kanna gave a small bow of her head back to the boy, realizing that this must be somewhat of a formality to these humans. "My... name is Kanna Hitoshi. I'm going to be a Freshman. I just moved here from the city west of here."

Takeru gave a small nod, and extended his hand with a wide grin. "Well welcome to our city! It's a great place, I should show you around sometime! As for school, I'll help you get around that too. My teachers all know I'm a good student so they'll understand if I skip a day of class to help you out!" He tapped his chin with the other hand as if pausing to think. Kanna looked at the distended hand and grasped her own around it gently and hesitantly. She gave a small smile, saying, "You're too kind... I'm sure I can make it around on my own. There's no need to trouble you..." He gave a laugh and rubbed the back of his head, shaking the joined hands before pulling his back and making a "no way" gesture. "Are you kidding me? Kids can be real jerks when it comes to helping newcomers out! I'll show you around, just today, and if you ever need me you can call!" He pulled out his cellphone, obviously he'd seen her staring at hers earlier.

Kanna smiled again and gave a more confident nod. "Okay!" A second later, the whistle in the station went off, telling them that the train leaving to Harahime had arrived. He smacked himself once on the head. "Aww crap! I forgot my books at home! Hey, Kanna, I'll see you at school okay?" He didn't wait for her reply before darting off into a run across the street. Kanna watched his form disappear into an alley he'd apparently used as a shortcut, then directed herself to the train and hopped in. The train was filled with students going to that school. This was the first day of this year, and many freshman where eagerly anticipating their first day. Kanna took a seat in the second to last cart, in a seat next to the window in a corner. The other seats were taken by students, but unlike the other carts, this one was quiet and almost uncomfortable. She wondered why it was this way, being that she was unfamiliar to the ways things worked here.

A rather built boy stood and walked to the seat next to her, sitting in it and slinging an arm over her shoulder. His eyes were cold and them seemed to have a deeper meeting than just a casual greeting. He smiled slyly, "Hey there hottie. What's your name?" Kanna uneasily looked at the arm over her shoulder, then to his face. "I'm Kanna Hitoshi--" before she could finish, his hand reached down to her breast and gave a squeeze. She shrieked abruptly and smacked him across the face without even thinking. He gave a small grunt, the force of her slap snapping his face to the side. Both were silent for a minute, and as Kanna gave a quick glance around all the eyes in the cart were turned to them.

She felt the their eyes on her face as the boy turned around. He stood and glared angrily at her, making a fist. "You dare give my perfect face an imperfection? You little bi--" Kanna saw a hand grab the boy from behind and throw him to the ground before he could finish his sentance. Takeru stood where the boy once was, looking down upon the fallen male with a stern look.

"And what exactly where you were just saying?"

The boy was bewildered, stammering something that didn't make sense as he got to his knees. He took a moment to clear his head from the sudden interuption Takeru had made between him and Kanna, standing up with a balled fist headed towards Takeru's body. "You fucking punk!" Takeru sighed as he merely duck his head from the coming punch, sending a knee straight into the open gut of the opposing male. On the impact, the boy gave a groan of pain, falling back onto the floor. Takeru stepped around his body and shrugged with a quick glance to Kanna who was now only a few inches away. "I'll give you one more chance to leave this lady alone."

Kanna couldn't help but blush, quickly hiding her face from the crowd of eyes around the three of them. The boy on the floor coughed heavily, catching his breath that was knocked out with the force of Takeru's actions. He rolled onto his back and gave a peace sign, still unable to find air. Takeru gave a nod and then did something unexpected. He kneeled next to the boy and helped him up as he caught his breath. Directing him, Takeru placed his body in a seat opposite of the side Kanna was still sitting. "What's your name, kid?" he then asked.

"Ughn...Tenchi Naoe." he grumbled.

"Well Tenchi, you're going to leave this girl alone or I'll have to rough house you some more. Neither one of us want that, now do we?" Takeru's voice was reasonable, and calm, looking and pointing at Kanna when he said 'this girl'. Tenchi grumbled again and bobbed his head up and down. "Great! I'm glad we've come to an understanding." Takeru moved over to the enterance to the cart, he'd dropped his books there before coming to Kanna's aid. Now making his was to her, he took the seat Tenchi had once taken and placed his books on his lap. "Are you alright, Kanna?" His eyes were faintly concerned, glancing over her closely. She was still blushing at this point, and looked down to hide this from him. "Um... yeah, I'm fine now. Thank you..." her voice was almost a whisper in her embarrasment.

"Don't worry about it! Guys around here can be real pigs, you know? I'll make sure no one gives you any looks while I'm showing you around today." As he spoke, the train finally began foward to their destination. A slight rumble shook the train, all eyes going back to their orginial duties as the commotion of Takeru and Tenchi had ended. Kanna could only give a small "Thanks" before going into her thoughts 'This guy saved me from a real problem. Who knows where that would have went it he hadn't stepped in... Posing as a human isn't going to be as easy as I thought it would be. I have to keep my mind on my goal, finding that demon...'. Kanna looked at Takeru, the heat of her face slowly fading though it was still obviously to him that it had been there. In return he blushed a bit and broke their eye contact, looking out her window to the passing graffiti on the walls within the train's chambers, waiting until they arrive at Harahime High.

][ This is my first story... I would appreciate if you commented on it, good or bad, I don't mind critism. You can also contact me at divine_embraces@yahoo.com for questions or suggestions! ][

Chapter Two - The First Day

][ Character List is on Chapter One. I plan on making this story a 7-day timeline, so today would be day one. Keep reading to find out what happens everyday! ][

The train jolted to a hault, the standing body of Kanna caught offguard and falling forward to be caught heroically by Takeru. She blushed again at her own idioicy, looking at him with a light embarrased laugh. "Heh.. sorry..." Takeru had caught her against his chest, either arm wrapped around her chest with a leg between hers. His hand rested upon her left breast, though not squeezing, the pressure of her body against his sent a small strange sensation to her body. He quickly sent her to her feet and pulled away, putting his hands behind his back to gesture that he didn't meant to. He was deeply blushing now, taking his books up in a quick snatch to the seat.

"Err...sorry..." he said lowly.

She didn't know how to respond, and merely change the subject to something more important. From the came pocket of her skirt that contained her cellphone, she took out a neatly folded piece of paper. "Let's see..." Her hands gingerly opened the paper to reveal her class list. Takeru nosily peaked over, grinning for a moment and laughing. Kanna was unsure what this was about, moving her view from the paper to his laughing body.

"What's so funny?" she asked, puzzled.

He stopped himself from laughing and grinned widely at her, gesturing a "lady's first" for her to leave the train. As they continued their walk to the building he replied, "You're sure you're a Freshman?"

Kanna blinked for a moment and nodded, still not sure what he was getting at. The building before them was huge. It was almost designed like the letter H, two longated buildings on the sides connected to a thicker, wide base in the middle. Either of the two sides was about two stories high, while the center appeared to only be one. There were many windows, most of them containing the room number and teacher name printed on the upper left-hand corner of the window.

Kanna hadn't noticed that Takeru stop walking, completely entranced on the building. He grabbed her hand as she walked away, her body immediately pulled from her trance to look at him. "I ask because almost all of your classes are Sophomore classes... and almost all of them are the same as mine", he finally said. Kanna looked at him, not sure how to react. Finally, she smiled with a forced giggle.

"That's great! Now you can show me around, and you don't have to skip! I'll know exactly where to find you everyday if I need help!"

Takeru was silent for a minute. A second ago she wasn't talking about how he would be wasting his time to show her around, and now she seemed thrilled to have him close to her. The thought made him smile. "I guess you're right Kanna!" The bell rang in the school's building, the sound echoed loud and clear to their location. Both of them looked at the building, to the kids rushing inside. He pulled her by the hand and began inclining to a run. "We better hurry up before we're -both- late!" Kanna smiled and nodded as she ran behind him.

----------Later On. The two are at lunch, eating outside under a tree.----------------

"So Kanna, how is it where you came from?" Takeru asked innocently as he bit into a sandwich he'd prepared for lunch.

Kanna shrugged for a minute as she made something up, "It's...not as pretty as it is here. A lot of crowds and traffic, and people don't usually talk to you..." She looked at his sandwich. She'd forgotten all about the aspects of being human, one of them being the need to eat to replenish energy. Her stomach growled quietly, in reaction she curled her legs to her sitting body and looked away. Takeru eyed over her for a minute as he finished chewing and swallowed. He ripped his sandwich in two, handing the bigger half to her. "Here. You should have told me you didn't have anything to eat."

Her eyes traveled down to the breaded item he presented to her, taking it in her hands and looking at him. "Don't you want it?" she questioned. He shook his head and eat the half he'd left for himself. "Nah, go ahead. I'll go get you a drink in a second." She blushed again at his kindness and took a bite into the sandwich. The flavor was something she'd never tasted.

"This is really good. What is it?" she asked as she took another bite; hungrily chewing and swallowing. He blinked at the sight of her eating, her gestures made it look like she'd never eaten before in her life. He quirked a brow and stood up to fulfil his comment made earlier.

"It's just peanut butter and banana... my mom used to make them when I was little, and now I'm stuck on them."

He quieted after the word 'mom', turning and heading towards a vending machine. By the time he returned, she finished her half of the sandwich and was awaiting his return. "Did something happen between you and your mom?" her voice was concerned and soft. Takeru handed her a bottle water, looking at her with a small hurt look. "She died awhile back...there was a big explosion at her work place. Her found her body a few weeks later."

][If you're going to keep reading, keep that in mind, how he thinks his mother was killed. Onoz, she pulled a question! ][

Kanna took the water, thanked him, and sipped it once; falling silent from his story. "...I'm sorry. I didn't know." Takeru looked away from her for a minute before glacing at her watch. "Lunch is almost over. Next class is Mr. Tatsuyuya, our Science teacher." She realized he wanted to change the subject, and put the bottle cap back on, standing. "Well, let's go."

--------In Mr. Tatsuyuya's Class a few minutes later.----------------

"Good Evening students. This Science class will deal mostly on..." Mr. Tatsuyuya's speech began. As he talked, many students were whispering their own conversations. When he finally stopped talking, he walked to the side of the room where Kanna and Takeru had taken seats. He looked at Kanna and smiled. "I haven't seen you around before. New student, I assume. Welcome to our class. If you do all your work and don't give me a hard time I'm sure we'll have fun."

Takeru examined the teacher, the look at his face told Kanna that something was up.

"Something wrong, Takeru?"

He looked at the teacher who now was talking again. Tatsuyuya picked up a pile of papers and began passing them out from the other side of the room, working his way to their side. Takeru leaned into her and whispered, "I've never seen this guy before. I know he wasn't my teacher last year. I don't remember seeing him last year either, but he acts like we should know him or something. He's weird." Kanna glanced at the teacher, suspisious now herself.

"Hmm..."

Her hand reached down into her pocket, to her cellphone as she opened it up. Occupying the black space that was blank before was a red dot. The phone vibrated strongly, and she held it tightly in both hands to rush the noise.

"Something wrong Ms. Hitomori?" Tatsuyuya asked as he neared her row.

"Nothing sir!" Kanna quickly replied. 'Could he be the demon? If so, why is he taking the form a human who can be easily noticed?' Her brilliant purple orbs scoped the room. 'Or maybe it's someone else...'

45 minutes later, the bell rang, and they left the class. So far, school was going well. No guys like Tenchi from earlier, and no appearances of the demon. Only that occurance in the room when her cellphone went off. She glanced to the black box on her phone again, the signal was gone. 'Whoever it is was definitely in that room... just to find out who...'

------
School has ended, and the students can now go home.-------

"Hey, Kanna?" Takeru walked to her as she opened her locker, something was on his mind.

"Something wrong, Takeru?" She placed her books inside and closed it, turning to him. He was blushing slightly, trying to keep his composure in front of her. "I was just wondering... if... you wanted to hang out after school or something?" When he asked, he had looked away to avoid looking at her face. Kanna smiled and took him by the hand. "Sure! Where do you want to go?" she asked as she pulled him through the hallway with her. He hadn't expected her to say yes, clearing his throat and looking at her body as she walked in front of him. 'She's so beautiful. It's hard to think I just met her this morning. I feel like I've known her my whole life. Her body is so perfectly curved...'

"Well?"

He snapped from his thoughts. "Hey, I want to show you someplace." He rushed in front of her and led her outside of the school building. They turned to the left of the school and followed the tar road down until it met with a forest.

The sign on the road read: 'Dead End', Kanna noted as they passed by it. He led her into the forest, past the end of the road and into a small cervice in the land. There was a rock that looked like something was behind it. He let go of her hand and motioned for her to wait.

"One sec."

Takeru walked over the rather large rock and pushed it aside. Kanna was amazed at his strength. She remembered the incident that morning, when he accidentally caught her with her breasts. A sensation similar to that ran down her spine, again she didn't know what is was. She shivered for a moment as it ran through her, regaining herself before he turned back to her and invited her within the hole that was revealed behind the rock. The rock had concealed a cave pathway, lit by the small cracks in the ceiling of the structure where sunlight could seep in. He held her hand tightly to keep her from getting lost.

"We're almost there, Kanna."

"Where are we going?"

"It's a secret. You'll see soon."

A little more walking and the cave came to an end, a large open area on the other side. It was lush and green, trees encircled the place of grass and wild flowers. The sun shone brightly overhead, the branches of the trees shading flat rocks from the heat. Takeru pulled over to one and sat down, waiting for her to do the same. "This... is a little place I call Paradise."

][ Please comment! A little bit of suspense at the end of this. What does Takeru plan to do with Kanna now that they're all alone? Keep reading to find out! ][