Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ A Duel for Life in Toyama ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Domino Town

"Hey Yugi," Ryou said coming in the room. "Doing anything this weekend?"

"Not that I know of. Why?" Yugi said.

"Cye invited me to Toyama for the weekend and he said I can invite some friends. Joey, Serenity, Tristan and Buka are all going."

"Sure, I'll go," Yugi said, standing. "When are we leaving?"

"The cab that Cye paid for the trip will be picking us all up this evening," he said. "Pack some things and we'll join the others at your grandfather's shop."

Yugi threw some stuff in a bag and they soon joined the others and was soon on their way.


Toyama

"Well, I'm heading to meet Ryou and his friends," Cye told Mia.

He was quickly joined by White Blaze and headed to meet his cousin. He saw Ryo and Rowen disappearing into the woods.


Talpa's Castle

"Who are you and what business do you have coming into my castle?" Talpa asked the visitor who'd just came into the throne room.

"I've come to aid you in the destruction of Earth," Marik said. "A boy name Yugi and his friends are on their way to visit your enemies. I know how much you would like to be rid of them and I would like to be rid of Yugi and his friends."

As Talpa considered this, Dais came running in.

"Master, Strata and Wildfire are in the woods alone," he said.

"Good," Talpa said and then turned to Marik. "Help my Warlords capture those two and I'll accept your offer."

Marik smiled and left with Dais. Meanwhile, Yugi and the others were heading for the house when White Blaze jumped in front of them from the hill, startling all but Ryou.

"It's okay guys," Ryou said stepping up to pet the tiger. "It's just White Blaze."

Cye appeared just then and they headed to the house. The boys were going to stay in the spare room and the girls in Mia's room. In the woods, Ryo and Rowen were walking when Marik and the Warlords appeared in front of them. Ryo faced off against Sekhmet and Marik while Rowen took on Dais and Cale. Ryo joined his swords and jumped into the air.

"FLARE UP NOW!"

But before he could aim it towards them, the attack reflected back on him, sending him back into a tree, hard. At the house, the others heard the loud crash and ran towards the woods.

"RYO!" Rowen yelled.

He started over to where he was laying, but was sent flying into a tree as well.

"Take them back to the castle," Marik told the Warlords.

The Warlords disappeared with the two just as the Ronin's and the others came into the clearing.

"Marik!" Yugi yelled. "I should have known."

"If you want your friends back go to the castle," Marik told them. "I challenge you to a duel and it will take place once you get there."

Then he left.

"Who was that?" Sage asked.

"That's Marik," Yugi explained. "He's trying to get ahold of my millennium puzzle."

As they headed back to the house to plan, the Warlords appeared in Talpa's throne room. Both Ryo and Rowen were unconscious. Marik joined them soon after.

"Good job," Talpa said walking in and over to them.

Soon Ryo was chained to the wall while Rowen was taken to the tower the netherspirits resided in and chained. The Warlords and Marik left to rest, leaving Talpa with Ryo.

Ryo opened his eyes to find Talpa in front of him.

"Where's Rowen, Talpa?" Ryo demanded as he looked around for his friend.

"Don't worry, Wildfire," Talpa said uncurling the whip he held in his hand. "You'll be joining him soon. But first, I want to test your strength."

With a snap of his fingers, Ryo was facing the wall and his shirt ripped, exposing his back. He tried his best not to scream, but the pain was unbearable. With each strike, he could feel blood running down his back. Then he passed out from the pain.

In the tower, Rowen came around. When he tried to move he found himself chained between two pillars and netherspirits were flying around it. The noise they were making was unbearable and he wished he could cover his ears. Hearing footsteps he closed his eyes. Out of the corners of his eyes, he saw Dais and Cale appear with Ryo between them. He saw that Ryo was unconscious and when they went to chain him, he saw the cuts on his back. Then they left and Rowen opened his eyes again.

"Ryo?" he called trying to call over the noise of the netherspirits. "Wake up buddy?"

But Ryo never stirred. At the house, Yugi was sitting in the room the guys were sharing. They were soon leaving for the castle.

"Do you think it's a good idea to challenge Marik?" Yami asked as he stood in front of Yugi, who was sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I really don't have a choice," Yugi said. "The lives of both Ryo and Rowen are in my hands."

"Don't you think we should switch?"

"Might be a good idea."

So they switched just as Ryou walked into the room.

"We're ready," he said and they headed downstairs to join the others.

They said bye to Mia and Yulie and headed out of the house toward Toyama. At the castle, Ryo's eyes slowly opened and he saw Rowen across from him, chained between two pillars, as he found himself the same.

"You okay Ryo?" Rowen asked.

"Feels like my back's on fire," Ryo answered. "Other than that, I'm fine."

"You've got some nasty looking gashes on your back," Rowen stated.

"Talpa tried to beat the tar out of me with a whip," Ryo answered.

Where the others was, they were just coming out of the woods when they heard footsteps behind them. When they turned, they saw Sakura and the Mystic Warriors coming towards them.