Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ A Duel for Life in Toyama ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Marik had been speaking with the Warlords, plotting for his eventual duel against Yugi, but he was more interested in facing Yami instead of his shorter counterpart. Then just as he was about to speak, he saw a better target. What better way to get Yami than to challenge his best friend? He smirked and walked up to Joey, who was trying to help Yugi and Ryou find Rowen and Ryo.

"Marik . . . . I should have known. What did you do with our friends?" Joey asked, crossing his arms.

"Oh come now, that is not important Joey. But if you really want to know, you have to duel me first. If you win, then I will tell you their location. And if you lose, then I'm afraid you'll have to join them." He smirked, mocking Joey by crossing his arms as well.

"That's fine with me. I'll teach you to hurt our friends. I promised Yugi that I'd take you out, and I never go back on a promise. So let's duel!"

Marik shook his head, the smirk never leaving his face. This was going to be too easy, all he had to do was summon Ra and it was over in an instant.

"I'll make the first move," Marik said, then drew a card. "First off, I play a card face down and I'll put Revival Jam in defense mode."

"I can easily take out your Revival Jam, Marik," Joey said, and then he drew his first card. "I summon Alligator's Sword in attack mode, and take out your Revival Jam."

All Marik could do was laugh as the monster attacked, only to have Revival Jam regenerate. He shook his head, knowing that this boy wasn't a challenge at all. He was just getting warmed up for his duel against the Pharaoh himself.

"I must have forgotten to tell you about his special ability, too bad. First I play Humanoid Slime in defense mode and then I play Jam Breeding Machine, which produces a slime token every turn. And I also activate Jam Defender, which blocks all attacks toward my Revival Jam and directs them to another monster." Marik couldn't help but feel sorry for his opponent. He was more clueless than he thought.

"Okay, so it directs your attacks, big deal. I can easily win this."

"Not once I unleash my God Card," Marik cackled.

Joey stood back in shock, he didn't know anything that could even take out Ra. He closed his eyes for a moment, then drew his next card. It was a start at least, so a small grin crept across his face as he held up his best monster.

"You asked for it, Marik. I sacrifice my Alligator's Sword to summon Jinzo. Any trap cards you have out are automatically destroyed."

Marik just smirked as another Slime Token appeared. Now he had enough monsters to sacrifice to get Ra. Plus he can use One Turn Kill, which uses up all but one of his life points.

"Oh I believe it is you who asked for it. Behold the power of an Egyptian God! I sacrifice my Revival Jam, Humanoid Slime and one of my Slime Tokens to bring forth the Winged Dragon of Ra!"

Joey looked up and saw the golden dragon appear behind Marik. It was powerful, with an attack and defense power of 2800. This alone could wipe out his Jinzo, but only take away 400 life points. He wasn't prepared for what was about to happen next.

"And as added bonus, I activate One Turn Kill. It takes away all but one of my life points. So, I'm afraid you'll have to find out the hard way where your little friends are." Marik grinned; Ra now had an attack of 6799. "Now Ra, attack your Jinzo!"

"No . . . ." Was all Joey could say. He fell to his knees, watching his life points drop to 0 almost instantly. One attack by an all powerful God Card was not how he wanted to end this day.

"I am so sorry, but I'm afraid your little friends will have to find you now." Marik said, and then pulled Joey up on his feet. If only Yami was this easy to beat, then he'd finally have the power of the Pharaoh that he believed was rightfully his. 'Soon Yami, we will face each other. And the stakes are much higher than you ever imagined!' Marik thought to himself, smirking the entire time.

Sekhmet and the other Warlords appeared and escorted Joey away to the throne room to see what Talpa wanted to do with him. Where the others were, they were wondering what happened to Joey. In the throne room, Talpa looked up as the Warlords entered with a struggling Joey. Marik came in behind them.

"Who is this?" Talpa demanded.

"He lost a duel to me and now he'll be part of the bargain along with the other two that you have captive," Marik said.

Talpa grinned and looked at the Warlords. "Take him to the dungeons."

They dragged Joey down to the dungeons where he was thrown into a cell, door was slammed shut and locked behind him. Where the others were, Yami and the others had just met up with the Ronins.

"Have you seen Joey?" Buka asked.

They shook their heads and that's when Marik appeared behind them. "He's enjoying the company of Talpa."

"Let him and the others go Marik," Tristan said.

But Marik just laughed and disappeared once again. Up at the tower, Rowen glanced over at Ryo who was coming around again.

"You okay?" Rowen asked.

"I feel alot better than I did," Ryo said. "At least the sting in my back has left."