Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ A Duel for Life in Toyama ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 3

After Joey's capture, Ryou and Yami were now more desperate than ever to defeat Marik and stop his plan. Of course they both had no idea who Marik would target next in order to carry his plan to fruition. Ryou turned down a dark hallway, letting Yami and Buka head off in the other direction. He figured that they would do better in finding their friends if they split up.

Then halfway down, Ryou saw a familiar face. He stopped in his tracks as he saw Marik standing there, his Millennium Rod held out. Ryou held his breath as he approached Marik, he was not going to make the same mistake that Joey did. But he did want to help save his friend, and if this was the only way to do it then he'd have to face Marik.

"Marik, tell me what you are planning to do with Joey and the others?" Ryou asked, crossing his arms.

"That is for me to know, and for you to find out. Which will be sooner than you think, that is if you lose a duel against me. You win: well, you get your friends back. If not, then you'll find out where exactly Joey went off to."

Ryou stood back in shock, and then nodded. He knew that if he didn't do well, then Bakura would take over. Which seemed to happen even if he wasn't expecting it. It was hard having an unpredictable yami, as Ryou knew all too well. If only Bakura was more like Yami, then it wouldn't be as bad.

"I accept your terms, Marik. And as an added incentive, if I win I also gain your Millennium Rod. And I will accept whatever terms you have should I lose. But I seriously doubt that will happen," Bakura said, he had switched with Ryou unexpectantly. One could tell if they looked close enough. His features were much harsher, and his expression seemed full of hatred and loathing as opposed to Ryou's angelic one.

Marik nodded, and then lead Bakura to where he and Joey dueled. This time he figure he'd let the spirit of the ring go first, and see exactly what he had.

"You can start first," Marik smirked.

Bakura smiled, and drew his first card. This was how he started his last duel, but he knew he may have the upper hand here. He seriously doubted that Marik would use his God Card on him, but then again anything was possible. And he had learned to never underestimate anyone.

"Very well. I summon the Gross Ghost of Fled Dreams in defense mode, and I set two cards face down." Bakura kept a straight face, but he had a determined look in his eyes.

"Hmm . . . . bold move. I put one card face down, and I summon Vorse Raider in attack mode, and now Vorse Raider attack his Gross Ghost!" Marik ordered, he then watched as the Gross Ghost was destroyed.

Bakura just shook his head, so far everything was going according to plan. He drew again, then looked at Marik. A small grin showed up across his lips, but he dared not reveal his plan just yet.

"First I activate Dark Door, now you can only attack with one monster per turn. Next, I summon the Portrait's Secret in attack mode." Bakura ended his turn once again, this time he had another part of his plan in his mind. He already had part of the Destiny Board in his hand, he just needed the right time to play it.

Marik looked at Bakura's face, and then he drew another card. It could be handy, but he wasn't going to use it just yet. Instead he had another plan up his sleeve, little did he know but his opponent also had a plan up his sleeve.

"Is that it? I play Raigeki to get rid of your Portrait's Secret. Next, I'll use Vorse Raider to attack your life points." Marik smirked, he knew that this duel was as good as finished. He just needed one more card, and soon the former tomb robber would know the true power of an Egyptian God Card.

Bakura stumbled back slightly, but he kept his gaze focused on Marik. Now seemed to be the perfect time to play his Destiny Board, and with that thought he drew. Once that was in play, Marik only had 5 turns to make any last minute moves because once the message was spelled out, the duel was automatically over.

"I hope you are enjoying your lead while you can Marik. For now I play the Destiny Board and every turn adds another letter of the message. Now watch as the first letter appears." Bakura smirked, and watched the F appear above him.

'Of course, why didn't I see this coming? I should have known that the spirit of the ring would be using the Destiny Board, a last ditch effort if you ask me. I'd have better luck dueling the Pharoah.' Marik thought to himself, and just chuckled. Destiny Board or no, he'd still win this.

"That is a last ditch effort on your part. But if that's how you wish to go out, then that is fine by me. However, I happen to know that you not get a chance to complete your message. I now summon Humanoid Slime in defense mode, and I activate my Jam Breeding machine."

"And how will that help you? Or are you planning to summon your God Card?" Bakura asked, actually intrigued by Marik's intentions.

"You will find out in due time. Now I believe it is your move."

Bakura nodded, and drew his next card. This brought him closer to his goal, and once this monster was destroyed he could carry out the second step of his master plan. This was going to be too easy, or so the former tomb robber thought.

"I still believe that you are bluffing, and are in serious error if you believe you can win this. For another letter of the message has already appeared." Bakura started, and grinned slightly. He then looked at his hand.

"I am not scared of your Ouija board. Now make your move," Marik said flatly, growing more impatient by the second.

"I place two cards face down, and I summon Souls of the Forgotten in defense mode. Your move." Bakura just stood back, and crossed his arms. He was growing bored with this duel already, since Marik hadn't made any decent moves.

Marik just shrugged, then drew his card. A wide grin crept across his face as he saw what he needed, plus he already had his trump card in his hand the entire time. This was going to be too easy, and poor Bakura was too clueless to figure it out.

"I'm afraid this ends here and now! I sacrifice Vorse Raider, Humanoid Slime and one Slime Token to summon the unstoppable god, the Winged Dragon of Ra!" Once again, he managed to summon his all powerful God Card. He figured it was because he was against duelists who didn't know who they were up against.

"It can't be . . . . I thought you were bluffing!" Bakura had the same look on his face that Joey had, then the tomb robbert went back to Ryou. Who was equally shocked at the sight of the huge golden dragon staring down at him. He had no idea that it could have an attack of 3200 that quickly.

"You should learn by now Ryou Bakura that you should never underestimate the power of my deck! Now prepare to lose it all!" Marik cackled and looked over at Ryou, who was literally shaking. He debated if he should use One Turn Kill again or not.

Ryou just narrowed his eyes, still staring at the sight of Ra. He had never seen anything like this before, but he had witnessed Slifer. And even now, the weaker god couldn't stand a chance against Ra.

"Just finish it Marik. Do what you will. I already failed." Ryou sighed, and closed his eyes tightly awaiting the inevitable end.

"Very well, I also activate One Turn Kill which makes Ra an awesome 7199." Marik smirked, then ordered the dragon to attack the much weaker Souls of the Forgotten card. Ryou fell to his knees, and awaited his punishment. He was about to find out what happened to his friends the hard way. As Marik walked over to him, the Warlords once again appeared and escorted Ryou to the dungeons. Joey looked up from where he was sitting as the door once again opened and Ryou was shoved in then the door was closed and locked behind them.

"Joey!" Ryou said, glad to see that his friend was okay.

He went over and sat down beside Joey. In the tower, Ryo and Rowen looked up as Talpa appeared before them with the Warlords right behind him.

"Take them down to the dungeons," he told them. "They have friends waiting there for them."

Ryo and Rowen were too weak to struggle against the Warlords as they were unchained. Their hands were held behind their backs and was forced to walk. In the cell, Ryou and Joey looked up as Ryo and Rowen stumbled into the cell. They looked around and saw them sitting in the corner.

"How'd you guys get here?" Ryo asked as they sat down beside them.

"We lost duels to Marik," Ryou answered.

"Hopefully the others will find us soon," Rowen said.

Yami and the others were not far from Talpa's throne room when Marik appeared before them.