Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ A tale of hope ❯ To tell the truth, or not to tell the truth? That is the question. ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n Sorry this one's so short…

"I guess that's the end of the tour…" Sierra muttered with a sigh. "Come on, let's get back to marco's" said Sierra as he led them down the street.

"So who was that guy?" asked Seiji. They had changed into street clothes before heading out, so as not to get anyone's attention.

"He USED to be a friend of mine. I knew him back when my parents were still alive. His parents moved down to Mexico during their winter. His name is Alex, as you probably guessed, he's American" said Sierra with a shrug.

"If he was your friend, why would he do this?" asked Shin pointing back to the place they had just came. Sierra shrugged.

"I don't know. And I don't really care to tell you the truth." Said Sierra with a distant look in his eyes. "He's as good as dead when I get my hands on him" Sierra added.

"If you kill him, you'll only lower yourself to his level" Informed Touma. Sierra glared at him.

"I don't care! Do you know how many people he's killed?!? Too many to count…" Sierra said as he shook his head. Touma lifted an eyebrow at that.

"Don't ask" Informed Sierra when he saw the look on his face. "It's a long story, and one I don't care to get into" he added.

"If you say so" Said Touma with a sigh.

"How much longer do we have to walk? It didn't seem this long on the way here" said Shuu.

"Not too much longer now, a few minutes" informed Sierra. As they walked past a store, something caught his eye. He stopped and looked into the window to witness two cast people talking about someone.

"Why'd we stop?" asked Seiji, who had taken over helping their leader for Shin. Sierra blinked at what they were saying.

"As you all know the Martinez family was killed 10 years ago. But we have reason to believe that their son is still alive. Many have puzzled over why the body of their son was never found in the ashes of their home, but we have never found any proof to where he went. Thanks to our viewers out there, who claimed to have seen a much older version of their son, we can safely say that he is still alive." Said the newscaster. Sierra blinked and shook his head.

"Idiots. Even if they do have proof, they'll never find me. All right, sorry for the delay, let's keep going" said Sierra as he started to walk again. 'I'll have to be careful in the future, don't want to be found…' he thought as he looked around.

"What was all that about?" asked Shin who noticed Sierra's sudden nervousness.

"Nothing, it doesn't pertain to any of you" Informed Sierra. "Ah, here we are, I'll go in first and distract Marco, don't want him asking any questions" Said Sierra as he walked inside the restaurant. Soon after the five troopers walked in and quickly escorted Ryo upstairs and into their room.

"What is up with that kid?" asked Shuu giving a glare at the floor.

"I don't know. But he is defiantly trying to hide something." Said Seiji as he sat down.

"He is right, it isn't any of our business. Just leave him alone. If he want's to talk then he will" said Ryo with a shrug.

"Listen Ryo, I'm the most interceptive on feelings, I know that whatever he's trying to hide isn't good" said Seiji as he crossed his arms. "And besides, I don't like it when people lie to me" he added.

"He is right Ryo, I noticed it too. It's really bothering him, and if it keeps on bothering him in battle, then he might not perform to our expectations" said Touma as he shook his head. "He might even make a fatal mistake, we can't have that right now" Touma added. Ryo sighed at this.

"All right, I see your points there. But we can't force him to do anything." Said Ryo he yawned at that, feeling the fatigue Kikoutei always left him. "Now, if you guys don't mind, I want a nap" Said Ryo as he lied down on the bed and fell asleep. At this Sierra walked in and closed the door behind him, and sighed then glared at the door.

"He can be so annoying" Sierra muttered.

"We'd like to have a talk with you" informed Shin. Sierra looked at them and blinked.

"About what?" asked Sierra carefully, not liking where this was going.

"We've all noticed something was bothering you earlier, and due to how serious this battle is. We've decided that whatever it is, it needs to be taken care of. So, what is bothering you?" asked Touma as he crossed his arms, he had a more than serious look on his face. Sierra frowned, 'It's that obvious huh?' then he sighed as he knew what they meant. 'They are right, this needs to be out in the open' he nodded his head and walked over.

"You must excuse me. In all my years on the streets, I've developed a knack for lying. I guess I'll start with what was on the tv. You all know that my parents died when I was fairly young. But what you don't know is that they were fairly famous musicians." Everyone gasped at this. Sierra glared at them then continued. "They were fairly popular with our country, and everyone liked them. Being the son of a very long line of musicians everyone wondered if I'd be just as good." Sierra said this with a shrug, keeping his eyes to the floor. "So when my parents died in the fire that day, and I managed to escape somehow. Everyone started to wonder about me, whether I was alive, whether if I was just as good as them, if not better. But as the search parties looked, and looked, and never found me. People lost interest, and everything was fine. I was free to wonder around as much as I wanted to, and didn't have to worry whether if people were looking for me or not. If I'm found, I'll be forced to do what they want me to do. That is to prove if I'm just as good as my family has been through the years." Sierra shook his head at this. "It's not that I don't want to play, I just don't want to live in their shadow, have people constantly comparing me to them. I don't want to be reminded more then I already am, at how horrible that night was for me. Anyway, that's why I was suddenly so nervous. People claimed to have seen me, which means I have to be more careful" said Sierra not looking up. He remained quiet for a few minutes then continued.

"I guess the other thing is everything that's happened the past few ten years of my life. After you've seen everything I've seen in those ten years you can't help but lie in your bed and wait for the nightmares to end. You can't help but reflect on your life and wonder why you've survived such a realistic nightmare, whether if it was all real, or just a never ending dream. I can't describe everything, it's just too much for me to relay to others. But I think I have a way to show you." He stood up and closed his eyes at this. A black kanji started to glow on his forehead and the darkness began to gather in one spot forming a black screen that hovered in the air. Suddenly Pictures started to flash across the black screen. The troopers starred in horror at everything that flashed before their eyes. It didn't last long, the kanji faded, and Sierra opened his eyes and sat down.

"Anyway, that's pretty much everything that happened." Sierra stole a look at his friends. 'Yes, I'm afraid that's what they've become. Even if that's hard for me to admit.' They had a bewildered look on their faces. No one could say anything they just starred in horror.

"I'm sorry" Seiji was the first one to recover, he lowered his eyes in respect.

"It's ok. Some days I wonder if it was all-real myself" said Sierra in a monotone voice, he had a distant look in his eyes. Shuu growled in the background.

"What an asshole, I can't believe someone would do that" Growled Shuu, his orange forehead kanji was making itself known.

"Calm down Shuu," informed Seiji as he resumed his cool air.

"I'm sorry for what I said earlier…I didn't realize he did so many things…" Touma said with a distant look in his eyes.

"Like I said, I could care less if I sunk to his level. I think I deserve a little revenge" Said Sierra with a sigh as he stood to his feet.

"Well, Marco probably needs my help. I'll be back up later" said Sierra as he walked out the door.

"No wonder he is the warrior of hope…"muttered Shin as he blinked away the scenes. "And why he didn't want to tell us…" Shin said as he shook his head.

"It's amazing he is still sane…He must have been very strong mentally as a child" added Seiji.

"Hey, do you think if we persuade him enough, that he'll play for us?" asked Shuu retaining his job as the cheerful one. Seiji chuckled at this.

"I don't know Shuu, he seemed very persistent about not wanting to play" said Seiji

"Correction Seiji, he said 'It's not that I don't want to play, I just don't want to live in their shadow…' He'll probably play" said Touma with a wink. Shin shook his head. Just then the door opened again and Sierra walked in with some food.

"Here, I know it's probably not as good as whatever you people eat in Japan, but it's food right?" asked Sierra as he set the food on a chair.

"Hey, before you leave again, would you play something for us?" asked Shuu with a smile. Sierra looked at him and blinked, then looked at a wall as he thought it over.

"I guess it's ok." He finally decided as he walked out of the room, he came back a few minutes later with a harmonica in hand.

"Wow, that thing looks expensive" pointed out Shuu. Sierra shrugged.

"It was my fathers. He gave it to me the night before they died…" said Sierra as he drifted off. "It's been in the family for quite a while." He frowned as he looked at the harmonica for a few minutes. He then shrugged and lifted the harmonica and started to play a slow tune. (If any of you (and I doubt it) have ever heard "Fill in the dream" this is what he's playing) When he was done they began to clap and he blushed out of embarrassment.

"Come on, I'm not that good" informed Sierra with a nervous laugh. He decided to play that one because it wasn't a very impressive song and it wouldn't catch any un-needed attention of those who heard it. It was something any one who'd been playing for a while could play, but also something he'd made up himself.

"That was good, what's it called?" asked Shin with a grin.

"Fill in the dream" Said Sierra with a shrug. "And besides, If I really wanted to prove how good I am to you, I'd choose something else. But I don't want the attention if you know what I mean" said Sierra as he gave a nod in the direction of the stairs. "Maybe another time" he added.

"Still, it's better then I could do" said Shuu with a shrug.

"Well, I'm glad you liked it but I'd better go." Said Sierra with a sigh as he stood up.