Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ At the Train Tracks ❯ At the Train Tracks ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer-I will never own Dais, Anubis, Mia, Yulie, or any of the characters mentioned in this story. Everyone belongs to his or her respective owners, writers, and producers.

At the Train Tracks
Isabel Night

So, these are what the mortals call "Train Tracks." In my mind, this place is just as desolate as an abandoned battlefield, but then again, I never understood Mortal technology. However, I did not come to this desolate place to look at said Mortal technology, I came here to see if that little bitch, Kayura, was lying to us about the new Ancient One. Unfortunately, she was telling the truth...

As I look at Anubis from my perch, on top of something the mortals call "Power Lines," I notice that my leader gives off an aura of peace. It is almost as if he can confront both himself and his past; an insignificant past that should've been successfully erased from his mind many centuries ago. Blasted monk, what joy do you receive in watching my heart break? What joy do you feel in knowing that Anubis may have forgotten us with his new life? It's a shame I cannot kill you again, because if I had gotten my hands on you before Master Talpa did, I would have made you suffer a slow and painful death. I would have shown you no mercy or compassion, because you did not show my group any mercy or compassion when you tore Anubis from us.

However, these empty thoughts of an unattainable revenge cloud my mind as I look down from my perch and begin to scan this desolate area for any possible threats. As I make my visual rounds, I notice that they are two other people with Anubis. I recognize the boy-child that always, as the mortals say, "hangs around" with those Ronin brats, but in the grand scheme of things, he is insignificant. However, on the other hand, that girl with light brown hair and blue eyes could be a problem.

But who is she? Who is that annoying mortal girl? She's interfered with my master's plans for far too long, but she was never considered to be a large threat to The Dynasty. At least that was what I thought, until I caught a glimpse of something in her blue eyes. As I try to read the emotions that are clearly written on her face, I feel an unfamiliar anger rise up within me. That little slut, does she feel sorry for my leader? Does that insignificant mortal girl have feelings for Anubis? Does that annoying girl seek to take Anubis from us permanently?

I know I sound jealous, but from what I have gathered, mortals tend to come together in groups, just like Sekhmet, Cale, Anubis, and I have. Many groups are something the mortals call "inclusive," and outsiders are not always welcomed. My group is like that; we have been together for 400 years and we would probably be labeled as an "inclusive" group. We do not like outsiders, and no outsider, male or female will tear us apart. If that girl wants to take Anubis from us, then she will suffer the consequences of her interference. I say this because I am the oldest out of all four Warlords. And as the oldest of my group, it is my duty to protect all of our members. I have relied on Cale for far too long, and now it is time for me to take up the responsibility that I have ignored for a very long time: the responsibility of protecting of our group.

Even through my rage, however, something stops me from attacking Anubis silently. I don't know why I can't attack him secretly; I just have to let him know that I am here. I summon dark clouds to blacken the sky as I also make my presence known. I want to make sure that Anubis knows that I am here with him at these desolate tracks. After all, according to the mortals, train stations are places to greet and welcome friends after a long trip. And after this long trip, I will welcome Anubis back with open arms. I know some may consider my actions heartless, but I am only doing what is required of me.

THE END