Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Cries and Songs to the Moon ❯ A Begining Which Marks the End ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:I don't own Ronin Warriors. I do own all new charectors. If you want to use them get my permission first.

AND:I got the idea for this fic while I was reading Tamora Pierce's book Wild Magic. It's been bugging me ever since. Don't forget to Review. This first part is in first person pov, but I'm not telling you who.

I howled to sister moon and listened to my song echo through the forest.I opened my eyes and looked into the crystal clear lake in front of me. I saw my blue eyes staring back at me and my long muzzle coming from my face. My chestnut fur laid clamly on my skin. My ears were up and listening to the forest around me. I was listening for them. They would kill me if they knew. I had been able to control my beast blood but it is becoming to hard. I was transforming just about every night. At least I'm in animal form and not warrior or divine. Why did my mother have to be a wolf? Why did she have to be a goddess? Why did she choose a human mate? Why did she leave me? Where is she? The sound of a heartbeat brought me out of my thoughts. I turned around and a small hunting or defending party came out. The largest male stepped foreward. He was a dark brown color with brown eyes and an ear that had a piece of it missing, probably from a dominance fight.

/What pack are you, wolf-sister?/ he asked me harshly.

/I have no pack. They were killed by hunters. I hunt alone./ I replied silently thanking whichever god or goddess that would listen for my chestnut coat.

/You hunt on our lands./ the lead wolf growled.

/I have not hunted your lands, wolf-brother. I am passing through to get to the sacred forests on the mountain of the huntress./ I told them all lieing through my teeth. The male was about to say something when a familiar roar echoed through the forest. The other wolves growled.

/The _cat_./ the male growled, the growl dripping with anger and hatered.

/Go that way. I'll keep him from getting to your dens and your pups. I may not have been able to save my pack, but I'll try to save yours./ I told them showing them the small trail in the woods.

/Thank you. You are welcome on our lands to hunt anytime, wolf-sister./ the male said and ran off with the hunting party in tow. White Blaze appeared in front of me and growled savagely. I looked at him and bolted for the cottage the guys and I were staying at while we visited the forest. I ran flat out. I would have siged if I could seeing the cottage. I ran around to my room and jumped in the window, which I had left open before I left. I concentrated and changed into my human form. I walked back over to the window and found a very startled white tiger.

"Stay away from the wolves in this area or else," I warned.

"Or else what?" a masculine voice asked me from the dark of my room. I mentally kicked myself for not checking to see if anyone was in the room. I spun around, dagger in hand, and slashed at the darkness. Kale moved out of the way and grabbed me.

"Let me go," I whispered.

"Why should I wolf? What have you done with Mia?" he spat.