Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny's Warrior ❯ chapter seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Sakura, are you ready for this?" Dais asked her as they transformed into their armors.

"I've been ready to do this for a long time." Sakura answered. This was going to be here first real fight and she was anxious to show what she could do. She hadn't allowed anyone except her pets see what she could do with wind and she was ready to show it off.

"Talon," Sakura said addressing the falcon perched on her shoulder. "Fly on ahead and let us know where the Ronins are." Talon screeched his understanding and took off flying towards the northern boundary.

"Now, all we have to do is wait for Talon to tell us where they are right now and then we attack." Sakura said with a grin. Dais smiled back just as Talon came back into view, calling out to Sakura where they were. Sakura could understand what her pets were saying because of her magic.

Sakura turned to Dais, "They are right next to the cliff a few miles west from here."

"Perfect," Dais answered. "Let's do it."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* < p class="MsoNormal">Kento and Cye walked cautiously towards Talpa's castle.

"Are you sure that we are going the right way, Cye?" Kento asked. "Because I have no idea where his castle is located."

"Don't worry, from what Ancient told us we are defiantly heading in the right direction." Cye answered. "The only thing I don't understand is why Ancient wanted us to go on without the others."

"I have no idea," Kento said. "But they weren't that far behind us, if we need back-up they should be here fairly soon."

Heading towards the castle the two warriors noticed two figures seemingly materialize out of thin air.

"I think that we're in for a brawl." Cye said to Kento, acknowledging the presence of the figures. "I also have a feeling that they aren't on our side."

No sooner had he said those words when Dais and Sakura jumped at them from the cliff. Kento and Cye dodged just in time and quickly transformed into their armors.

"I hope Ryo and the others get here soon!" Kento said to Cye as he warded off a blow from Sakura. Dais used the scythes on his back to create a spider web around the Ronins entrapping them, but leaving enough room for him and Sakura to maneuver around without getting entangled. The two Ronins artfully dodged most of Dais's scythes, but got caught on a few. They soon broke free though and the fight raged on. Cye used his super wave smasher and sent a column of water at Sakura. Sakura saw the wave coming and pulled out her sword. She then spun it around in front of her in a circle creating a whirlwind. The column of water hit the whirlwind head on and split in different directions. Cye stared in disbelief, but snapped out of it as he and Sakura clashed sword against trident. While Sakura was busy with Cye, Dais was fighting Kento, who was sending up small mountains trying to trip up Dais. One hit Dais and Sakura noticed just before he hit the ground. She sent out a blast of wind suspending Dais in midair. She then set him lightly on the ground as she jumped aside to avoid a hit from Cye. Unbeknownst to the two warlords Ryo and the rest of the Ronin warriors had just come up onto the scene. Ryo stared at the two warlords duking it out with Kento and Cye.

"That's Dais," Ryo said to the others as they hurriedly headed toward the fight. "But who's that other guy. I've never seen him before

Ryo and the other transformed and rushed into battle. Sakura noticed Ryo coming in from the left and pushing Cye away turned her attention on him fighting with all she had.

"He's good," Ryo thought as he clashed swords with Sakura. "Extremely good."

Sakura studied his attack pattern while parrying his blows; she soon found a weak spot and struck at it sending his sword, which was in his right hand, flying. Ryo backed up and jumped to head toward his fallen sword. Sakura headed him off and sent a blast of wind knocking him off his feet. White Blaze then jumped into the fray knocking Sakura down, giving Ryo enough time to retrieve his sword. Kero, who had followed Sakura against her wishes, leapt at White Blaze taking his attention off of Sakura.

"Kero!" Sakura yelled startled. But she had no time to deal with him now, Ryo was charging, swords raised. Ryo connected the hilt of his two swords together and performed his flare up attack. The attack hit Sakura full in the chest sending her flying backwards and into the side of the cliff. Dais quickly ran to her side when the attack had subsided, but she pushed him away and shakily stood up. The attack had knocked her helmet off allowing the Ronins to see the face of their new enemy. Ryo gasped, "Its Sakura!" he said staring speechless at her. A wave of sadness washed over him as he realized that Sakura wasn't on their side and that there could never be anything between them. Not now, not ever.

Sakura stared at the ground then slowly lifted her eyes to meet Ryo's

"You have been a worthy adversary Ryo." She calmly said. "You may have won this battle, but the war is far from over." "Dais," she said to him telepathically.

Her magic gave her the ability to communicate with another person telepathically as long as that person had some kind of magical energy receiver. Sakura had given him one before the fight. "There is no way we can win now, with us being so outnumbered. Let's fall back and tell my father what has happened here. They are still many miles away from the castle."

"Agreed," Dais answered.

"Kero," Sakura called aloud as the tiger bounded toward her and sat at her heels. Sakura glared at Ryo again, "I look forward to facing you again, wildfire." And with that Sakura created a huge gust of wind and she, Dais, and Kero were gone.

"I have a feeling that we need to go back to the Ronin lands and discuss this new fighter with Ancient," Rowen said.

The others agreed as they headed back. Ryo stared miserably at the spot he had last seen Sakura and inwardly promised himself that he would not let his feelings get in the way of fighting her. She was the enemy and that was all there was to it.