Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Evil Torrent ❯ A Mysterious Girl ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter One
A Mysterious Girl

It was a hot summer's day in Shinjuku and Mia and the boys were getting ready for the beach. Cye was in charge of the food, as usual. "Let's see. Sandwiches, chips, soda. . . . "

"Tuna," Kento added, putting a container in the cooler.

"No tuna," Cye said.

"And why not?"

"Because it's not a food you bring to the beach."

"You're just saying that because you don't like fish."

"No. . . well. . . that's one reason yes, but tuna isn't made for the beach. It's too messy."

"Fine." Kento said and took the container out of the cooler. Ryo was just coming down the stairs when he saw Kento walking out of the kitchen in a huff.

"What's wrong with you?" he asked, putting his bag down beside him.

"Cye won't allow Tuna on the trip to the beach," Kento said, sitting on the sofa.

"Well you can't blame him."

"I know. Hey is Rowen and Sage almost ready?"

"Yeah, I think."

"Let's go," Rowen said, walking down the stairs with Sage behind.

"Good, let's go," Mia said.

The trip to the beach wasn't fun at all. Kento kept complaining on being hungry and driving Sage crazy. Within an hour they're there. The first one out of the car was Kento who took everything and headed down to the beach.

"Well that was easy," Rowen said.

"Too easy," Sage added.

Kento picked a spot not too far from the ocean, but not too far out into the sun.

"Nice spot Kento," Ryo said.

"Yeah, thanks," Kento said as he lifted the lid to the cooler and took out a sandwich.

Ryo took out towels and laid them side by side on the sand. Sage and Rowen grabbed the two towels at the end. Kento sat on the one between Ryo and Cye with a bag of chips on his lap, a sandwich in one hand and a cola in the other. Mia sat in a chair that she had brought along and rubbed sunscreen on herself. Cye on the other hand walked to the ocean where tons of kids were splashing around.

Cye stepped in the water, which wasn't cold for him, and walked out just far enough to go under. He swam a long distance until he saw tiny fish and coral at the bottom. He saw some shells at the bottom as well and decided to collect some for Mia. Fishes were swimming near him as he picked up shell by shell. That's when he saw a dolphin who was caught in some sort of net. Cye swam towards the dolphin to try to set it free. "This net is too tough to cut," Cye said to himself. Cye didn't care and grabbed the net, trying to break it. The dolphin struggled, but was loosing energy fast. Cye tried as hard as he could, but it wasn't enough. That's when his kanji appeared on his forehead which ripped the net in two. The dolphin swam freely towards Cye. Cye petted it and wondered who did this?

Back on the beach, Ryo sits up with a start. Rowen turns to Ryo with a concerned face. "What wrong Ryo?" he asked.

"I. . . . I think Cye is in trouble," Ryo said, putting one hand on his forehead.

"Cye?" Kento asked.

"Where is Cye?" Rowen asked, looking around.

"Haven't seen him," Ryo said.

"I'm worried. Let's look around," Mia said.

All four of them nodded and went separate ways, looking for their lost friend.

"Who did this to you?" Cye asked the dolphin.

The dolphin swam under Cye, taking him farther from the beach. Cye looked up and saw a shadow of a boat floating above them. Cye got off the dolphin and swam to the surface. Just as he popped his head out, a bunch of flying spheres aim towards him. Cye dives back under water to the dolphin. "Thanks for helping me, now go. This place is too dangerous for you." The dolphin nods and swims away. Cye smiles and waves good bye to his new friend, then swims back up to the surface. Taking a deep breath, he swims towards the boat. Grabbing the side of the boat he boosted himself up onto the boat. Getting on his feet he looks around.

"I don't see anyone. How can this boat just be out here without anyone?" he asks himself.

"There's someone on the boat," said a voice.

Cye turns around to see a girl with black hair up in a ponytail. She is wearing a sailor suit with white sneakers.

"Oh I'm sorry, I don't mean to be intruding on your boat, but a net was cast from here and it trapped a dolphin," Cye said.

"I'm sorry, my dad must've done that," she said. "My name is Hana. Who are you?"

"I'm Cye Mouri. Nice to meet you," Cye said. That's when Cye remembered the flying spheres that were heading towards him. "Um. . . Hana, you don't have people who use spheres do you?"

"Uh. . . why no. What makes you ask such a question?"

"Uh. . . . well, it's nothing. I'm sorry that I asked."

"I forgive you."

The rest of the day went by smoothly. Cye spent time with Hana, talking about sea life and what he does.

"Oh no. It's getting dark and my friends are probably worried sick about me," Cye said, standing up.

"Well, I can get you to your friends if you want me to," Hana said, standing up as well.

"You'll do that for me?" Cye asked.

"Of course. Just hold on tight," Hana said as she took hold of the wheel.

"CYE! HEY CYE, WHERE'D YOU GO?!" Kento shouted.

"CYE ARE YOU IN HERE?!" Rowen yelled from the bathroom.

"CYE! WHERE ARE YOU?!" yelled Ryo.

Mia sighed and looks into the sunset. "Cye. Where could you be?"

"HEY GUYS! I FOUND HIM!" Sage called out.

"You did?" Ryo asked, running up to him.

"Yeah. He's on the ocean in a boat," Sage said, pointing at a small boat coming towards the beach.

"HEY CYE!" Kento yelled, waving his arms in the air.

"Is that one of them?" Hana asked.

"Yeah. That's Kento," Cye said, waving back.

As they got to shore, everyone ran up to the boat.

"Cye where were you?" Mia asked.

"Well, I was swimming and I was picking up seashells for you, when I saw a dolphin who was caught inside of a net. I helped it out and it took me to the people who set the net. That's when I saw Hana's boat," Cye explained. "Sorry that I didn't tell you."

"It's okay. As long as you're safe," Mia said.

"So who's this?" Kento asked.

"This is Hana. Hana these are my friends, Ryo, Sage, Rowen, Mia, and you already know Kento."

"Nice to meet you," Hana said, bowing.

"Nice to meet you," everyone said at once.

"Well, I better get going. My father might get worried if I stay out too late," Hana said.

"That makes two of us," Cye smiled.

"Yeah. Hey maybe we'll see each other again," Hana said, getting onto the boat.

"Yeah, maybe."

"Bye. Nice meeting you," Hana said, backing up.

"Bye," Ryo said.

Cye watched Hana drive into the sunset until she was seen no more.

"Mmm. Someone has a crush," Kento said from behind Cye.

"What? A crush? No way. Besides we just met," Cye said.

"Ever heard of love at first sight?" Kento teased.

"You're asking for it Kento," Cye said, heading back to the car.

"Ahh come on. You know I'm right," Kento said, running after Cye.