Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ For Mitsu - Dais's Story Part 2 ❯ For Mitsu ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

For Mitsu

Disclaimer: I don't own them. I just play with them.

The sun shone bright over head as Ronins and ex-warlords alike lay lazily lounging in the grass of a gorgeous mountain meadow a little ways away from the Koji manor. Their bellies stuffed with food form the picnic, they lay relaxing while their food settled.

"Man, that sure hit the spot," Kento said rubbing his stomach.

"With as much food as you ate, I certainly hope so, Kento," Cye teased.

"Hey! I can't be the Warrior of Strength if I'm not into food!" Kento shot back.

"I agree with you, Hardrock. That most definitely an excellent meal. My cooking is getting better," Sekmet agreed.

"Heh. I hop so. You ate just as much as he did, Snake Breath," Dais tossed.

"Excuse me, but my armor is far bigger and heavier than yours, idgit!" Sekmet hissed back.

"Oh really? You think so?" Dais boomed, shooting a chilling death glare through his one good eye.

"Yes! I do!" Sekmet said, snuffing his nose at the other.

"Whatever, Sekmet. Whatever," Dais said leaning back against a null, closing his eye.

"Come on, you guys. Can't we all get along here for at least a little while?" Cye complained.

"Cye, they're 400 year old warlords! What do you expect?" Kento told him. Kento was promptly picked up by Sekmet and Cale and dropped in a pool in the stream nearby.

"ACK! Hey!" Kento whined as he found himself splashing into the slightly cold water. Cale and Sekmet chuckled and returned to they're places whilst the Ronin sat sputtering. A little ways away, Ryo chuckled.

"You really asked for that one, Kento," the boy said with an eyebrow raised in a smug sort of look.

"Hey! Ryo! You're a Ronin! You're suppose to be on my side!" Kento whined some more. The whole group chuckled save for Dais, who's mind was elsewhere by now.

Kento pouted as he climbed out of the knee deep water and stomped out to a place in the sun to let the warm rays dry his clothes. All seemed calm a tranquil. For a few minutes. But just as most of the group was sinking into cat nap mode, those in possession of armor suddenly sensed the eerie feeling that signaled the arrival of danger in the form of a Dynasty goon.

The nine of them all sat up at once as though they were jolted with a bolt of lightning. Yet just as Dais got into a sitting position, he instantly came to find his movements too slow. It seemed at first as only a cold breeze flowing diagonally across the left side of his face from top right to bottom left. Yet he knew exactly what it was and felt the katana's sting just as the blade lifted from his skin. Dais winced hard in reflex as he cried out in pain. Blood began to stream form the open wound as the eye patch Dais had worn for so long fell to the ground, covered in blood from the strike. It was then that the demon samurai appeared and his voice came to meet with Dais's ears.

"Ah. There you are young Jirougorou. I've been looking all over for you. How are you doing foolish boy? Is that enough to return the past to you or should I dig a little deeper?" the demon hissed, making a swing at Dais's stomach. Yet this time, Dais was expecting it and was out of the way before anyone could blink an eye.

"What the.." Kento started in complete confusion as the armor bearers put on their subarmor and White Blaze got Mia and Yulie out of the way.

"You've humiliated me far too many times, Garon. And I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to let you do it again!" Dais fumed.

"Touchy as always I see. And still just as foolish, despite having been one of Talpa's mighty Dark Warlords. I never quite understood his interest in such a pathetic excuse for a warrior. But no matter. I am here to put you out of your misery, poor young dishonorable disgrace!" Garon tossed back before taking two more swings. Dais hissed with fury and swiftly moved out of the way of the whispering sword. In the next moment he donned his armor and turned a death glare.

"You.. were in the Dynasty all along. Weren't you, jackass?" Dais snarled.

"What? You.. you mean you didn't know that?" Anubis said with complete surprise.

"I thought you knew that!" Sekmet said at the same time. Dais blinked at the both of them then turned a death glare upon the demon samurai.

"But of course, boy! I was the one sent by Talpa to turn you into his precious Dark Warlord. I thought I had done well for a while there. But then you were put to the real test and you turned out to be just as disgraceful and pitifully weak as you always were. Come now! Whatever has happened to all that dark destructive power you vowed to strike me down with? I was hoping for a bit of a challenge, but it seems I was in for a disappointment. As usual," the demon countered.

"What the hell is go'n on here?" Kento commented. Dais stood paralyzed with shock for a moment, but recovered just in time to block a new advance by the demon with his shield. Burning with pure rage, Dais moved fast and furious thwarting every attack made by Garon.

"What? Have nothing to say, dear boy? OH! I see now! Here is the dark power you promised to crush me with. Perhaps the weak young foolish Jirougorou may grow up yet!" Garon taunted. That stopped Dais cold in his tracks. It took him two seconds to realize the answer to Garon's defeat. He put away his weapon and banished his armor as he stood tall and defiant. Blood was once again clearly visible from his hideous facial wound, yet he ignored the pain completely.

"What's the matter, Jirougorou? I though you were going to fight me. I though you were going to show me all your incredible power and strike me down. I see. You just want to make it easy for me to kill you then. To take away all the fun I might have had. Very well then. Do what you wish. I don't mind. It'll all end the same way," Garon said with cunning words and stone hard confidence.

"Dais! What the hell is going on?!" Kayura spat, her heart leaded and ripping with concern for his life.

"Kayura, stay out of this. This is a fight long time in coming. It's my battle alone. And this time.. This time I.. Will.. Not.. Loose," Dais instructed. Kayura started to object, but Anubis blocked her from interfering.

"Because, you see Garon... Unbeknownst to you, I was once the one teaching that very lesson to Kento, here. Therefore, you have just made the one error that will be your undoing. Your own words have betrayed you, for having been the one to teach that lesson first, I know its answer. Kento's answer was easy enough. All he had to do was learn how to use his armor properly. He got off scot clean. For me, the answer is the same yet taken to the highest degree.

"When I fought you before, I was foolish, hot tempered and rash. True. I fought you using my rage to fuel my strength. And in the end, no matter how infuriated I became, I could never win. Just the same as Talpa. But now, because of the very rage you instilled in me... Because of the person you molded me into, I see through wiser eyes. And I know see the answer that is to bring about your defeat.

"You no longer control me Garon. You can not intimidate me. And from this point on, your words hold no meaning whatsoever. For I know the truth, and I refuse to answer to the wills of darkness. I shall not use the armor given to me. I do not need it. This time, perhaps you can still hurt me, but you can not win," Dais explained in a calm collected manner.

"Oh, such a touching speech. Too bad, that you are to be proven wrong. For no matter what that pitiful brain of yours thinks, you are no match for me," Garon sneered.

"Sekmet, toss me one of your swords," Dais instructed, keeping his eye on Garon.

"One of my swords?"

"Do not argue. Give me the goddamn sword," Dais said in a tone that could slice a diamond in half. Sekmet blinked and complied without hesitation. Dais took the sword and blinked out to the center of the meadow, away from the crowd.

"Whenever you're ready, Garon. I shall make you eat the meal you have taken such great care in creating," Dais said with a glare of determination.

"Oh really now? We shall see about that, dear Jirougorou. We shall see," Garon answered. But Dais did not hear him. For at the moment the other opened his mouth to speak, Dais merged his mind with his heart, and his heart with his spirit. He purged all thoughts of hatred and aggression for the deeds done in the past and focused his being upon the task that was before him. Revenge took a back seat for justice, and Dais stood still and silent as he could now feel a strength rise within him unlike anything he had ever known. Not black rage, but the white purity of justice born to purge an evil from existence. To those on the outside, this new strength went unseen by most, save for Ryo and Anubis, but in the form of a look of stone determination. In this moment, Dais could now see the reason for the Ancient's great strength in defense of the mortal realm against the destructive power of Talpa. He took one deep breath and returned his attention to the battle, now fully prepared to take on his oldest foe.

Garon growled ferociously and brutally attacked, his movements swift and sure. Yet this time, it would not be enough for him, as each and every blow was dodged or met by Dais's blade. Metal screamed in the voices of the battlefield, singing the song of good and evil dancing the dance of death.

"My my, Jirougorou! You seemed to have gained some spunk. Perhaps I will have some fun in killing you after all. But I think I will kill one of your friends first. You know.. for old time's sake," Garon mused. In a blink he was standing at Mia's side, swinging his sword to deliver a fatal blow. Mia screamed, yet, even in this, he was to slow. For his blow was met and deflected by Dais's blade, then his first bite was received as the Snake Fang Sword carved a deep gash in the armor on the demons arms. With swift and calculated movements, Dais lured the demon back to the battlefield to dance some more.

"Ah-ha! Some spunk indeed. You actually succeeded in saving her this time. To bad though. It won't brink back your pretty little sister," Garon cooed wickedly. If Dais had had the ability to hear Garon clearly, perhaps it would have been the point that would have brought about his end. Yet, this time, Garon's words went in one ear and out the other. Unheard save for having been sifted for the clues to his next move.

As Garon suddenly poured on the power to full force and began his vicious assault that was meant to bring an end to Dais once and for all, Dais was ready for him. In a display that challenged every single strand of Dais's skill and ability to the max, he deflected the demon's wraith with iron will. The battle was long, furious, and tiring, yet Dais's spirit was feed by the power of the light and he pushed himself far beyond his limits. It was enough to keep him one step ahead of Garon.

As Dais finally grew tired and begin to weaken the slightest bit, Garon's sword stung his arm. Dais growled involuntarily at the blow, but ignored it as he pounced on this one chance to strike the fatal blows to his enemy. He swung his sword up and around to strike strong and true at the demon's midsection. The sword's corrosive power cut through the inferior armor like a knife threw butter. Garon howled in pain and fell to his knees, guarding his mortally wounded belly.

"You took one eye from me and thought it would hinder me. But in the end, it is you who are hindered by your own thirst for darkness and power. You are as blind as a bat," Dais said as he stood over the demon. He saw his error one moment too late.

"And now so are you!" Garon screamed out as he swiftly brought his blade around, having just enough range for the katana to kiss Dais's face in a diagonal arc from top left to bottom right. Dais watched helplessly as his world grew dark and the pain flared to unbearable proportions. Yet in this moment of darkness, the light gave Dais the ability to rise up and triumph. Using his spirit to sense exactly where Garon was and to see what no longer could be seen, he moved in one swift movement, and his sword ended Garon's tyranny as it removed his head from his shoulders and turned him instantly to dust.

The battle now over with, Dais stood there for a moment, his spirit sailing gracefully back down from its mighty perch. "For you... Mitsu," he said softly. Then, the sword dropped from his hand and fell out of the way as his body collapsed to the ground.

"Oh my god, Dais!" Kayura shrieked as she bolted out to fall to her knees at his side. As the others pooled around her, she checked desperately to see if he was even still alive. "He's alive!" she said with urgency upon finding a weak but present pulse.

"Dude! That was intense!" Kento commented in sheer awe at what he'd just seen.

"Can it, Kento!" Ryo snapped quickly. "What do you need us to--" he started, only to be silenced as Sekmet took center stage.

"I have an idea. I'm not sure if it will work, but considering the alternatives, it's worth a shot," Sekmet said.

"Yeah? Speak Oh Great One. Tell us your plan," Cale said with a bit of irritance in his voice.

"Everyone get back," Sekmet instructed. The group hesitated, but complied as Kayura nodded approval. Sekmet stepped forward and knelt on one knee at Dais's side. Eyeing the wound on Dais's arm, he decided to test his theory first and withdrew the other main Snake Fang Sword from his armor. Everyone gasped as they realized what he was going to try and do, but Anubis and Kayura both talked them into going along with it.

Focusing on the task that lay before him, he brought the sword to hover just about the shredded flesh. Upon his willing, the sword oozed with its powerful venom then dripped down onto the wound. The venom sat there for a moment, then tempers started to flare as it began to corrode the destroyed flesh. But then, to their surprise, it absorbed the melted flesh and oozed to coat the entire wound. Finally, it glowed and decentagrated to reveal perfectly healed flesh.

"I don't believe it!" Sage said in awe.

"It's incredible!" Rowen chimed at the same time. Now certain the trick would work, Sekmet gently rolled the unconscious Dais onto his back and set about doing the same thing to the wounds upon his face. A minute later, the substance disappeared and Dais's face was not only as good as new, but both his eyes seemed to have been fully healed as if nothing had ever happened to them.

Though he was fully healed, Dais did not respond right away and Sekmet grew impatient. "All right, Spider Boy. Come on. Wake up," he said as he tried to shake his comrade awake. Dais groaned and turned over on his side, refusing to wake as he seemed now to only be asleep. "Dais.. Wake up you moron!" Sekmet said with a bit of irritance in his voice as he gave the illusion master another shake.

"Sekmet, perhaps we should let him sleep for a while," Cye suggested softly as he watched.

"Dammit, Sekmet, leave me alone!" Dais growled a bit groggily as he turned onto his stomach.

"No Dais. I will not," Sekmet said in a voice that said he wasn't budging an inch. Dais growled and finally woke up.

"What?! What the hell's so damn important, Sekmet," Dais spat as he turned and sat straight up, giving the other a heated death glare.

"Yes. What indeed," Sekmet said with a scowl as he returned his two swords to there place in his armor. "What do you think is so important, hmm?" Sekmet chided, as he sat back in indian style whilst banishing his armor. Sitting cross-legged, he turned a baka glare upon Dais as he waited for the illusion master to figure out what was going on.

Dais sat thinking a moment on Sekmet's words, then trying to remember what had happened last. An instant later, Dais's eyes widened as he gasped and sat up straight, frantically looking around, "Garon!"

"I take it he was the warlord you were talking about that day when we found your village," Sekmet said with a bit of curiosity in his voice. Dais winced and gritted his teeth. Then suddenly, his eyes flew wide again, "Wait a minute! That asshole had managed to add my other eye to his collection! What the hell?" Sekmet blinked at him, but said nothing. "How come I can see with both eyes?" Dais demanded with a look of total confusion.

"I don't believe it. He did it! He actually did it!" Kento said in astonishment upon hearing Dais's words.

"Incredible! Now that he's no longer working for the Dynasty, instead of that venom of his poisoning everything, it heals! Absolutely incredible!" Cye agreed.

"That's amazing!" Ryo chimed in.

"You mean your venom did this?" Dais inquired with an astonished lock on Sekmet's eyes.

"Mmmhmmm," Sekmet nodded.

"It's incredible all right. I'm thankful you even survived after all of that!" Kayura said, throwing a tight hug around Dais. Dais warmed to the hug.

"I'm fine, Kayura. No worries. Finally, after 400 years, the battle that started it all is finally finished. The way it should have been," Dais said.

"What is everybody talking about? And how come that guy kept calling you that other weird name?" Kento asked, curiosity finally getting the best of him.

"Damn! I've been just as blind and foolish as he. To have not figured out by now, the truth," Dais said, a rare show of self-scolding emotion appearing.

"That's how Talpa wanted it. He knew if you ever figured out his little game, you'd defect in an instant," Cale pointed out.

"That's incredible and a whole new low for Talpa to have gone to such great lengths to gain a member of his army," Anubis mused.

"No kidding," Dais agreed.

"Indeed," Sekmet said at the same time.

"Hello? Am I invisible or what?" Kento prodded. Dais looked up at him and couldn't help but chuckle.

"How incredibly amazing the things that that little game of ours has brought about. Though, not exactly as I'd planned, I taught you how to use your armor's strength. Then you turned right around and showed me the key to defeating my oldest enemy," Dais said with a soft warm smirk.

"Huh? I remember that game, but I haven't a clue what your talking about," Kento said. Dais sighed and shifted position as he prepared to explain.

"The name Garon called me by, Jirougorou, was the name I was born with and beared in the days before Talpa's hold on me. 400 years ago, when I was around your age, Garon brought an army with him at the crack of dawn to crush my village into oblivion. I watched my little sister, Mitsu, who meant everything to me, get killed before my eyes. I tried to fight back, but I was weak and easily beaten. I managed to escape with my life and changed my life's goal to working to become stronger so that I could avenge the death of my sister, my mother, and my village.

"Garon and I came to meet again. I thought by then, I'd grown strong enough to beat him. But he matched me blow for blow, then used his words to enrage and distract me. He beat me again in that battle, taking with him, my left eye. Seeing he'd beaten me once again, I beat a hasty retreat before he could also take my life.

"That was the day my fury consumed me and made me into the man Talpa would later take in to make Dais, Dark Warlord of Illusion. Talpa lured me into his trap with the promise of power far more than strong enough to turn my nemesis to dust. But today, I realized the key to Garon's destruction. It's the same thing you Ronins fought with and used to defeat Talpa," Dais said. His voice grew softer, "I was fully prepared to die if it was my only way of destroying Garon. But the new strategy worked. I used justice to power my strength rather than fury, and threw that, I was finally able to gain the strength needed to bring an end to Garon and his curse."

"Whoa, dude! That's like.. the coolest thing I've ever heard you say!" Kento replied.

"Why you overgrown weasel! Of course! Stick in the former bad guy's face! Come here!" Dais shot back, leaping to tackle Kento to the ground and put him in a headlock to give him a noogie.

"HEY! Dais! Cut it out!" Kento whined as he worked his way out of Dais's hold with ease. The group chuckled merrily.

"Hey Dais?" Anubis summoned.

"Yeah?" Dais answered as he stood up along with Kento.

"Welcome to the club," the rusty-haired former warlord smiled applaudingly.

"Heh. Thanks. Shmuck," Dais replied with a grin.

At that moment, an all too familiar sound reached Dais's ear causing him to gasp as he turned to look back upon the meadow. There playing merrily with laughter and glee in a spot where the sunlight met the stream, was Mitsu. She was there only in spirit, but still she was there and Dais stared with stunning amazement and overwhelming joy as he had not known since her death.

"Mitsu!" he whispered as he watched her play. As if hearing him clearly, she looked up at him and stared for a moment. Then as had always been, a bright smile appeared upon her face as she waved to him with a giggle, her silver hair gleaming brightly in the sunlight.

Kento blinked, "Man, are you sure you didn't get hit on the head or something. You seem to be seeing things that aren't there!" Dais glanced back at Kento.

"But she is there. Perhaps only to my eyes, but she is there. In the sun by the stream, playing with the flowers as she always did when we would wonder the stream when we were young," Dais said with a soft smile. Kayura went teary eyed at his words as Dais turned back to regard his sister once more. She was indeed still there and he called out to her boldly, "Mitsu!"

The girl grinned even brighter at her brother and to everyone's surprise, she suddenly became visible to them as well. "You're silly, big brother," she said with a giggle, looking at him cutely.

Kayura gasped, "Dais, she looks just like you!"

"Hai, she does," Dais grinned as he willed his body to move and walked over to kneel before his sister. "Hello Mitsu."

"Hello big brother," she giggled. "I missed you," she said as amazingly, her spirit sparkled in the sun and gained physical form while she leapt forward to throw her arms around her brother in a giant hug.

"Mitsu!" Dais said in awe. He then softened and hugged her back, "I missed you too, Mitsu. More than ever."

"Mommy says don't forget to wash behind your ears," she grinned happily as she looked up at her big brother.

"Of course," Dais chuckled.

"I proud of you, big brother. Your the best!" she grinned warmly, hugging him again. Dais gasped, then bit his lip to shove back the tears.

"I love you, Mitsu. You shall always live within my heart," he said, pressing a kiss to her cheek.

"I love you too, big brother. I'll never be far," she smiled as she lost her physical form and stepped back.

"Mitsu," Dais whispered as she stepped away.

Mitsu smiled her brightest, warmest, humblest smile as she bowed deeply to him and vanished, her last whisper drifting upon the wind, "I'll never be far."

"Mitsu," Dais repeated and bowed his head as emotion flowed through him like a golden river. "Thank you," he whispered, "Mitsu."

THE END!!

Whoohoo! Finally the other half to the story is finished!! ^_^