Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Ghost of the Morning Star ❯ Ghost of the Morning Star ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N & Disclaimer: I own nothing of the Troopers. This story was a quick inspiration and imagination required.

Ghost of the Morning Star
by: wingsofsakon

This feeling that was planted so long ago. Is always ever growing and I cringed in the thought… if I were a flower. My bloom would be nothing more than a pale smoky blue. Wilting always since the day. That it had scratched up through the ground. Pedals fall like tears… and you never see the rain. That is slowly busting me apart.

Through the darkness your voice rides the wind so slightly. It's a whisper that sends me images. I roll over in desperation. How much longer do I have to endure? Is this the bliss of wanting love or torture of the soul?

So, I look on… to where perhaps you will see. That the rain you wipe off is not coming from no where. Yet I know… you see nothing but the eyes of your lover. In the rain you steal a kiss: hands cradling the face you love. I have died twice over and the wind blows. Swaying decisions through the night. Rustling in my covers and unable to leave.

Where is the sun today? Where's that star that shines at the break. Where the sun and moon meet? Is it not for me to see? Don't; don't look at me like that. With those bright blue eyes they rip me apart. They shine in only the way they can: I'm your friend.

Why is it my fate to love the ones I can't have? Is it my fate to stand-alone forever? Darkness surrounds me always and it pinches as it grips at my heart. Oh! Why do you have to do that? Go some where else and hold him. I sharply turn my head with a glare. There's so much pain it makes me angry. Is it possible to love and hate you? Is it possible that the sky isn't a bad place after all? Where every thing is together yet so far away. My place here with you is nothing more than a star at night. I'm just another. You shine so bright in the morning and he lets his hands slip away from you and slowly fades to the sky. It never fails though; he always returns the following night to out shine me. Why do I have to be so far away?

So, tonight I look on. With the winds dancing with the subtle trees of the night. Casting shadows through the moonlight as they sway back and forth with each other. Letting the whispering sooth my soul as I hold myself on the shores of the lake. Oh there's so much distance. Tonight there's no comfort in the light provided. The casting image of the waters tells me secrets through the darkness.

Secrets and alluring images that enticed me to surrender to its fingertips. Caressing my heart and kissing my soul. Lips mouthing my skin of what I had always wanted. Telling me things of this day the rain stopped.

The day you held me tight. Was when you had realized the break of dawn. It was such a beautiful sight indeed. With your arms around me that was all I wanted ever. Today there was no rain and the skies where painted with that shinning starlight. I often admired it and this time it had finally held interest in me also. It was that star I had wished for your arms so many times before. Last night had faded to the sky.

Like the moon looking down on the midnight waters. I look on and stand at a distance. My senses shake my nerves and my feelings swamp my soul. Leaving me nothing but the shadows of the illusions. That I have let lead me a stray. I look on and see that you are close. So, much closer than I had ever wished. Yet my distance causes me heartache.

Into the clutches I let myself be caged forever and I ask myself: 'Do I really want to leave?' Lost in the dream world of things I had always longed for. Only slight shadows of what hurt me so bad haunt my dreams. Your voice it's so distant yell it can't be ignored, but I refuse to fight this. I'll stay here as long as I wish. What a passage I took to get here. Through the cyan waters to the stroke of midnight in the sky and here I lay. In the darkness that is holding me tight and won't allow the pain to return. Why couldn't you have done this for me? Instead you held some one who was never meant to with stand the flames of your heart. Yet I understand I would only douse it into nothing but wasted ashes. I could never let your love fly away in the breezes of the night. So, there I stood. Looking on into nothing as I closed my eyes and let my element sway me from your harm.

Forever warped nothing of my love for you. Watching from a distance as you moved on. Looking on as you loved others and still. The rain had came back. On and off as the seasons changed. Time had passed and you held another. Yet sometimes… You stand where I stood and the breeze. The night waltzes to: sent me whispers through the night.

After all, it was all an illusion you reflected as I looked on. Although, there is no comfort provided in the light. That now shines, because I now see. The break where the sun and moon meet: with that star… that's so near.

Yet you're so far away…