Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ I'm Kento... ❯ I'm Kento... ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I'm Kento
by: WingsofSakon

Kento watched as he sat on top of the cliff. Seeing Cye and Ryo frolic by the shoreline. They were happier than he'd ever seen them before. Only he knew their secret. Kento enjoyed the night breeze as he looked on in thought.

'I may fall, but I will be comforted in the silence that only my lover and I tend to share. It's intense.
I'm falling and let me tell you. In this fast moving and impetus world we call life. That doesn't look back to tell you it's sorry or if it's appreciative. Things tend to go unnoticed. Let it be by accident or on purpose it doesn't matter. As it moves on it tends to bring the past up like a bad memory.

It has a pressure of all its own and some have a tendency to break and crumble to the ground.
Every one at sometime during their life time. Have or will have this happen to them. Like my dear friends that are strong. Each one has been at one time worn out over time and became tired. Each dealt with it in their own way. In respect perhaps its now my turn.

Although, I have to say… I'm Kento. I'm made of pure strength and soul. It would make you happy wouldn't it life. To see my wall crumble to the ground as your smile slid across your face. I can see it now. Battle after battle Kento the mighty warrior has finally drowned in the puddles at his feet. Or perhaps there's something different you have in mind. Planning to take the other approach. To see my heart crack and see the tears flow. Well, I'm still standing strong. What are you going to do this time?

You have come close though I'll give you that. My heart cried as my soul ripped. When I seen my hearts desire accepting a kiss from someone not me. I closed my eyes and turned away. I said nothing was wrong. Stood tall and went on. In battle I fell to my knees. I saw you then… smiling. It was gratifying to see your shock when I got back up.

Like those that come to admire and perhaps love the ones they hate from the chase. I have become this way to you. I chase you to see what you have planned for me next. This chase has been going on since I was born. I have come to love it. I wake up wondering… is this to end today. Will you win after all? I know you will sooner or later, life ends I know that. Although, I plan on going out with a smile, then you will miss me. You will miss the challenge I brought to you. Some look at my persona and me. They can see I'm strong and live for this thrill. I have two tendencies. To attract those that want that and to repulse them. Although, I must admit, that you have a more beautiful side as well. Due to you I have everything I love. My friends and family. The good times we shared together and the not so good. There's so much more. Time has raped you of hearing it from me. Which is good. You don't need a bigger ego. That's all I have to say to you.

Now on to the more important issues... My friends I have come to know as brothers. There isn't anything that can keep me from you. I will always do my best for you and you know it. I have always loaned you my strength and protection. I always will. No matter what has come between us. You need me and I'll be there. As you have always been there for me.

Even though you may think I'm unbreakable and nothing phases me. My heart beats as strong and fragile as yours'. I cry tears as you do. I'm just better at hiding all of it. My smile and wise cracks have many uses. That being one way of doing it. I have been longing for you so long it hurts. It hurts so badly that I turn it away and hide it. When I seen you accepting him so passionately. My heart dropped to the floor but I picked it back up and brushed it off. It's still beating. There's a murmur whenever I see you with him though. I can handle it. Be happy and over look this. For I'm strong and your so much more feeling. I'm working on becoming desensitized. I'm getting there.

Perhaps the only love that I may share is… the one I have with Life. Even though its ego is bigger than mine is. Our courtship is intense. I love it and don't have to tell it that I do. I'm Kento the lover of life. I'm Kento. Do you hear me Cye? I'm Kento! This is me. I'm here, right here. Have you noticed? Do you know me? Do you see me? I'm Kento! Do you care? Life knows me. Life sees me. Life has noticed me. Life cares. Life knows me! I'm Kento… Life's Lover. What about you, Cye! Do you? Tell me! Do you see me? I guess you don't.

Maybe… I'm tired. It is my turn you know. Perhaps this time… in this lifetime. I'll let my lover win this courtship.
In the next… perhaps I will win yours.' Kento started to stand up.

Disclaimer: I own nothing of the Ronin Warriors.