Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ If Tommorow Never Comes ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: Not mine. Not worth your energy to sue me.

A/N: Song: If Tommorow Never Comes by Garth Brooks. Anubis PoV.

========

/Sometimes late at night
I lie awake and watch her sleeping/

I gazed at Mia. It amazes me, how, in the middle of a war, I've found the woman of my dreams. It amazes me even more that she is willing to accept me after what I've done.

/She's lost in peaceful dreams
So I turn out the lights and lay there in the dark/

A smile briefly crossed her sleeping lips. Not wanting to wake her up, I flicked off the lamp and lay back on my side of the bed. Sleep wouldn't come, and my mind tore about like a rabid creature.

/And the thought crosses my mind
If I never wake up in the morning
Would she ever doubt the way I feel
About her in my heart/

It's as hard for her to believe as it is for me. Neither of us were looking for love, it just came. I can see it in her eyes, on the rare moments she lets her guard down.

/If tomorrow never comes
Will she know how much I loved her
Did I try in every way
To show her every day
That she's my only one/

I love her more than life itself. Once, in a time so long ago, I was engaged to a woman in my village. But Mia, this woman-child from a time 400 years distant from mine, is the one I love, the one I'll always love.

/If my time on earth were through
And she must face the world without me
Is the love I gave her in the past
Gonna be enough to last
If tomorrow never comes/

This world we live in is danger filled. There's no guarantee that we'll live from dawn till sunset, or even through the night. Tommorow could be stopped dead in it's tracks. What would I do without her? What would she do without me?

/'Cause I've lost loved ones in my life
Who never knew how much I loved them
Now I live with the regret
That my true feelings for them never were revealed/

I'd had parents and younger siblings. I'd loved them, yet I'd been taken away and never had the chance to tell them so. Doubtless, they'd died thinking I was a monster.

/So I made a promise to myself
To say each day how much she means to me
And avoid that circumstance
Where there's no second chance
To tell her how I feel/

I can't say what I feel in front of Ule, the child needs stability in his world and our relationship would just confuse him. Even if it weren't for Ule, I don't know if I could say those words which are so vital. I love her, yet my training and my very nature won't let me say it. I try to make myself heard through my actions, hoping that she'll realize what my hovering near her as she works on her computer, what the pitch of my voice and the potent looks I send her mean.

/If tomorrow never comes
Will she know how much I loved her
Did I try in every way
To show her every day
That she's my only one/

The battle is fierce, and Kayura has taken Mia as hostage. A part of me convulses at the thought of her being harmed. Regardless of my own safety, I have to protect her. Without her, there's no reason for me to go on.

/If my time on earth were through
And she must face the world without me
Is the love I gave her in the past
Gonna be enough to last
If tomorrow never comes/

Tommorow shall never come, I know that now. I feel the strength draining from my body and try to deny it, even as my legs give out and I fall off the bridge. As I lie here dying, my last thought is that I can only hope she knows what I couldn't say.

/So tell that someone that you love
Just what you're thinking of
If tomorrow never comes/