Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Insanity's Requiem ❯ The Trouble Begins to Arrise ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Here comes chapter four. I have to say, this one gets to be more interesting, Thank god! Lol
 
Disclaimer: come on now…
 
Insanity's Requiem
 
Chapter 4: The trouble begins to arise
 
 
A month after Lena arrived, everything seemed to settle down. Lena did eventually go to the stomp practice that Akiko invited her too, and enjoyed it. She learned the routines, but didn't join. Much to Cye's delight, she joined in on the swim team. She said that it was just because she wanted to make sure she stayed in shape for at home.
Kento was on patrol for everything that went by. He made sure that the bullies really lay low, and did it well. He had done it in his first year, and believed the problem solved. Though this, apparently, was not as much as he had thought, and as a result, he began including Lena in some self defense training.
Beyond that, things had gotten pretty usual. Kakeshi had left Lena alone for a while, if only because of the guys. Minako decided that she was not a threat, so her malicious actions had really died down. At least, that's what it looked like. Lena supposed that she could live with the glares, it was nothing compared to the times she had with the friends she had made.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
“A month…a damn month…and the spirits are ready to look,” Kayura cursed to herself, “This is ridiculous. To make things better…I still can't figure out what to do with this rock!”
 
Kayura looked into the water that she used to divine things. Cale and Sehkmet were already out on the prowl to see if they could dig up any info about what was going on. Dais stood a silent vigil as he watched the lady he followed look through and around things.
 
Kayura reached for her staff, the rings on it beginning to cling before she even touched it. Her eyes widened softly as she looked into the waters once more. Instantly, the Jewel of the Soul began to glow as she watched something far more worrisome then what the spirits had decreed.
 
Within the mirror of water, she saw many demons…too numerous to count, each with something more then their own agenda. They massed in front of an alter of sorts, something of great evil aura that almost pushed the Ancient away from her sights. Each paid a homage that seemed rather extensive as she watched a dark figure step forward. Her eyes widened as she saw who it was. Long hair drifted down his back, tied back with a clasp of black ore. A black armor adorned his body as piercing yellow eyes looked about with malice. A sly grin spread on his face as he began to address the demons in front of him. Much to the worry of the young woman, she saw dynasty soldiers stand beside the demons.
 
This was far more then some take over in the netherworld. This was an invasion meant for earth. And the person they were looking for was the same the spirits searched for. The one being who held the connection to the spirits as well as she. The problem? Nobody had a clue who that was…only the spirits could guide.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Saturday afternoon, and everyone had something to do. Mia and Lena had gone out to shop for groceries and more. Sage had found himself relaxing outside in a meditative stance as Kento focused on his usual task, wheedling food out of Cye. Ryo was attempting…yes, attempting to wash White Blaze. Unfortunately, the tiger would have none of it, and Rowen soon found himself trying to help Ryo catch a run away tiger….soaked.
 
Sage looked up from where he was, his eyes focusing upon a part in the trees as he began a small glare. Standing, he called upon the mind link to each of the Ronins who were already attempting to do something of their own. `Someone's here guys…'
 
Immediately on alert, the others began to mass where Sage was.
 
`I sense it…”
 
`We know you do Kento…we all do, right Cye?'
 
`Of course, now keep your head Ryo,'
 
`Oh…just shut up.'
 
“Alert as ever I see, Ronin Warriors,” in the clearing of the trees stood a rather worried looking Kayura, adorned in the clothing of her people. Beside her stood the three warlords, each donned in the undergear of their armors. The Ronins dropped the stances they held, grateful that the girls weren't there.
 
“What do we own the pleasure of this visit to?” Rowen asked, as he stood up straight.
 
“Nothing good, I'm afraid,” Kayura said, cryptically.
 
The Ronins each raised eyebrows to that, on guard immediately as to what she was about to tell them.
 
“Ronins, we need your help,” Kayura said, her voice sounding worried, but more commanding then she had ever been before.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Ok, so we got the eggs, we got the bread. Plenty of burgers to keep Kento occupied…anything else?” Lena looked up from the shopping cart that she was pushing around as she followed Mia.
 
“Well, we need the veggies, the noodles…I need to pick up more sugar and stuff like that,” Mia then proceeded to label off the things they would need.
 
“Oh boy,” Lena sighed, beginning to wonder why she had said that she would help Mia in the first place.
 
“OK guys, I'm heading for groceries. Anyone want to come and help?” Mia had asked keys in hand. For some reason, nobody volunteered, yet Ryo looked almost like he was about to.
 
“Psst…Lena. I'll let you have the last piece of Cheesecake in the fridge if you go with her this time,” Rowen had said to her. Eagerly, she agreed.
 
“I'll go with you Mia,” Lena said, smiling. Ignoring the knowing smiles of all the guys all that ran through her mind was that the last of the delicious desert was soon to be hers.
 
“Oh yea…that's why,” Lena hung her head in shame. Why did she have to fall for cheesecake like that? She just never could win when it came to that.
 
“So, Lena?”
 
“Hmm?” Lena looked up from the cart.
 
“I hear the dance is coming up soon. You going with anybody?” Mia asked, pulling down some cans from the shelves.
 
“Not that I know of, why?” Lena asked as she helped pull things down.
 
“Just wondering, that's all. Trying to see if one of the guys had asked you to go yet,” Mia grinned, teasingly as Lena rolled her eyes.
 
“Oh? Soo…Mia?”
 
“Yea?”
 
“Ryo asked you to the dance yet?” Lena grinned smugly as she watched the young woman's eyes begin to widen as she sputtered out a squeaky reply, “N-no…why would you ask that silly question?”
 
“Well, just the way you look at him when he isn't looking. The fact that he sneaks looks at you when you aren't looking…the fact that you both stutter when you run into each other unexpectedly…yea, that would usually do it,” Lena decided to tease, watching the older woman begin to blush a bit more. Even though Mia was only older by about 2 years, it didn't stop her or the guys from joking around.
 
“Shut up…I don't know what you are talking about,” Mia shrugged her off as best as she could. Lena could only laugh.
 
Watch out! It approaches!
 
Lena blinked, lifting her head. Where had that come from? “Did you say something Mia?”
 
“No…why?” Mia asked, blinking slightly.
 
“Huh…just thought I heard something,” Lena shook her head as she looked around, and then shrugged.
 
Listen…you shrug us away…
 
“Who's there?” Lena blinked again, deciding that it was better to keep quiet then to say anything. For some reason, she didn't want anyone to think she was going insane. This was just a little too weird. Shaking it off, she pushed the cart behind Mia, picking out some rice candy along the way.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“So, the demonic lord has risen?” Sage asked, lying back against one of the trees in the clearing they sat in.
 
“Yes, and he is massing together all that he can. But he needs the nether spirits…whom you all sealed away,” Kayura replied, looking at each in turn.
 
“But if that's the case…how is he going to do that?” Cye asked as he looked at Kento and shrugged.
 
“By this,” She held up a jewel as the other three warlords began to get up and survey the area. Despite the place they were in, neither of them trusted it. Something nagged at the back of their minds, a warning that just seemed to refuse to go away.
“By a purple rock?” Kento asked, dubious to the aura that was emitted from it. The others groaned at him as he looked to each of them utterly clueless.
 
“Glad to see that some things don't change,” Dais grinned wryly as Kento glared up at him.
 
“Not quite this rock. Several things in fact are what they are looking for, and those things are what we are looking for as well. The first is the person who is meant to guard this jewel…the spirits know who that person is. We just have to hope to be able to find them in time. The other is a flute like instrument that is supposed to be in tune with those spirits. I don't know where to find any of them to be honest,” Kayura sighed, “And the only reason I know as much as I do is because of the jewel I hold.”
 
“If that's the case…how are we supposed to find them?” Ryo asked, leaning back against a different tree.
 
“That's just it…they are suppose to be in tune with the armors. Something like that…so I suppose that we have to go on that. The spirits are teeming restlessly…I believe that are close to finding their person. After that, they will confirm them…and we have to make sure that person is on our side. The spirits will follow that person, no one is quite sure why. The former Ancient was the last person who was able to do that,” Dais spoke up, seeing as Kayura faltered.
 
“Which means that we have to hope that we can figure out who they are, before the other people do, right?” Sage said calmly as Rowen looked on and nodded at that.
 
“Yes, before the lord of the demons, Lethias, revives the man hunt that will plague out world,” Cale said with a shutter. He of all people knew what the guy was like. The darkness that surrounded that being was enough to send someone like him quaking in his boots at the thought of him lording over all. This wasn't good.
 
“Alright, we'll help you. We'll get Mia to help research it as well…maybe she can find out something about these things for you,” Ryo said, thinking on it.
 
“Wait guys! What about Lena? What should we tell her? We can't tell her about the armors…she isn't a part of this. She doesn't need to be,” Cye spoke out.
 
“We don't need to tell her. We'll leave it alone for right now. If we have to, then we will, but until then, just leave it be,” Sage said, wanting to shield the girl from this fight as much as the others.
 
They all nodded, agreeing about it. Ryo agreed to consult Mia about these things later as the warlords and Kayura headed off on their search, confident that they had the help they needed. The others headed back to the manor, beginning to get ready for the battle that was to come, hoping that they could hide this all from the young woman who was growing to know them almost as well as they knew each other. They only prayed that it would be enough.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
Mia and Lena found themselves loading up the Jeep with the groceries as Lena sighed in boredom. It wasn't anything she wasn't used to…it was just the fact that Mia pulled you all over the store and back, and across again. How many times did you have to look at a head of lettuce, leave it and go back again to make sure that you had the right one? Come on!
 
“Well, that's the last of it, I believe,” Mia smiled, closing the trunk of the jeep as Lena nodded, “Good to see it's almost done. Now we can head home, right?”
 
Mia nodded as Lena felt a sudden chill pass down her spine. Something was about to happen, she could almost sense it.
 
“Hi ladies…what brings you here today?” A familiar sleazy voice broke the silence that surrounded the two women. Looking over her shoulder, Lena's eyes narrowed as she saw the face of Kakeshi.
 
“Go away. You aren't wanted over here,” Lena shrugged him off as she turned to head into the car, motioning Mia to do the same when an arm snaked out and gripped her shoulder hard, “I didn't say you could leave yet.”
 
Lena's eyes glinted dangerously as Mia stood to the side, ready to help if needed. Turning to face the large boy, there was no hint of the usual humor that decorated her face, “Get away, Kakeshi!”
 
Her voice spoke a warning that he refused to head as he moved in closer. Quickly, just as Kento had taught her, she shoved her fist into the boys gut, twisting her arm away from him and using her foot to stomp on his…hard.
 
He jerked in pain as a loud cry came from his mouth. Instantly, she decided to try to bluff her way out of this to get away from him. Adopting the stance that she had seen Sage use from time to time, she held the serious look in her face. Kakeshi recognized the stance immediately. How many fights had he gotten into with the blond so far?
 
“Whoa…no trouble missy. I guess I'll see you around,” his eyes shimmered doubtfully as he took off.
 
We told you trouble was coming…you should listen sometime…
 
Blinking rapidly, she shook her head. Was she going crazy? No…it was just the thought of a fight…it had to be. Mia ran up to her to look at the shoulder he had gripped, hissing in sympathy at the bruise she didn't feel yet, “Come on. Let's get you home so we can put some ice on that.”
 
Lena nodded, shaking her head in slight frustration as she turned to the vehicle and hopped in.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Something was amiss…It wasn't right.
 
Sage looked up from where he stood near the house, blinking. His violet-grey orbs focused on the outer reaches of the trees as he signaled to the guys that something was about to happen. Instantly, they were by his side, beginning to pick up the vibes he had already felt and warned them about.
 
“They are here…aren't they?” Rowen asked.
 
“I hope so. I'm ready for a fight!” Kento said, flexing his arms to himself.'
 
“We know that Kento, but the rest of us would rather not have to worry about one, if it's all the same,” Cye said softly, watching the area intensely.
 
“Well, good luck at that…cause here they come!” Ryo cried as he jumped back.
 
Suddenly the five boys became the five Ronin Warriors. Their subarmor appeared around their forms as they leapt to the side to dodge a crushing blow. Several black blurs darted from the bushes, heading straight for them. Each became engaged with one of the Ronins, counting on their larger numbers to pull them through over the powers of the boys.
 
Rowen did a round house kick, only to be confronted by the largest ugliest creature he had ever seen. The kick connected, but with the wrong creature, and it resulted in him being thrown back into Cye.
 
Kento seemed to be enjoying himself as he punched and shoved his way through the enemy with evident ease. Nothing stopped the power house, and he refused to let it stop him now. Punch, punch, kick, jump, repeat. This was what seemed to be the basics as he added his own flourish as Rowen and Cye stood up, “You guys alright?”
 
“Yea! We're good!” Cye yelled, shrugging another of the goons away from their beings. Scales, fur…these things seemed to be like creations from one of Rowen's sci-fi novels.
 
“Damn, where did they come from?” Sage yelled, kicking one back as he dodged around it, slamming his elbow into the creature's head.
 
“I think they are followers of that guy, Lethias!” Ryo cried as he beat another back with a kick. Rowen leapt over his head, slamming into the creature and taking it out effectively before Cye could take out the one beside it.
 
Sage and Kento went to stand next to their leader and the other two as the creatures began to back off. They ran off not long after as the trees shook in a wind that made them seem almost angry. The guys looked up with widened eyes as they saw what was going on, Rowen the most shocked of them all. As soon as it started, it stopped, leaving each of them dumbfounded like.
 
“Guys…what was that?” Ryo asked.
 
“The creatures weren't all that strong…but that wind…you don't think it was the spirits that Kayura spoke of?” Rowen asked.
 
“I think it was,” Sage said, using his `other sight' with ease, seeing the auras of the beings that came through and left. Seeing nobody had gotten any injuries, to the luck of them all, they headed back to the manor with a lot on the mind.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Lena sat at the counter, holding ice on her shoulder in a frustrated manner as Mia fussed. The groceries were already put away, and Lena just shook her head. This was NOT the way she had thought that she would spend her time after all this. She still had to get a hold of Akiko.
 
“There, that should help it a bit, and take care of any swelling,” Mia said, fixing it up one more time.
 
“What swelling? What happened?” A voice came from the back door they hadn't heard being opened. Lena groaned. It was all the guys.
 
“It was some big creep named Kakeshi. He came by and pulled his usual tricks. He gripped Lena's shoulder a little too hard, and Lena pulled some sort of move I think Kento had taught her to get him back,” Mia then grinned as she chuckled a bit, “And you won't believe this…but...”
 
“Mia…just stop…”Lena sighed, trying to hide her embarrassment.
 
“No, please…tell us,” Sage said coolly. All of the guys were teeming with anger at Kakeshi for going after Mia and Lena, but somehow they knew that this next part would be interesting. Kento was already plotting revenge on the poor boy, a way to vent the frustration of the earlier battle he was in.
 
“She bluffed,” Mia said, smiling.
 
“Bluffed?” Ryo asked.
 
“Yup, she bluffed it out by using a fighting stance that we all know. She mimicked Sage's stance, and scared him off,” Mia said, beginning to laugh. Lena just groaned again as Sage grinned, “Imitating me, eh?”
 
“Whatever works?” Lena smiled up at him, and then turned to Mia, “If I may, I'd like to go lay down for a bit though.”
 
“Go,” Mia smiled as Lena trudged up the stairs. Turning to the guys, she read the expressions on their faces, “What is it?”
 
“Mia…there is a new evil,” Ryo began.
 
“And we need you to begin research on it, if you would be so kind,” Rowen finished, looking at Mia morosely as she nodded emphatically.
 
“I'll get started on it right away, but you had better tell me all about it.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~
 
 
Author's note: Ahhh…so the action begins!! Bwahahahah! I hope you all liked this chapter, because once I can figure out attack sequences…It will turn out alright, I think. I just didn't want the first demon clash to be a big one…so they had to be weak. : P And hrm…Lena seems to be going insane. : P Heh, give me ideas of what you guys would like to see happen. Maybe an action adventure kina thing, a comedy…anything really. I could use some ideas! Lol
 
Hikaru1617
 
Message from Beta Reader: The Sacred Bovine: uh........no cheesecake has been harmed in the making of this episode, thank you. This message has been brought to you by the sacred bovine and the coca cola company
 
Reviews: Thanks so much guys!
 
From ffnet
 
Meira Evanstar: You really make me want to write as fast as I can! You make me feel so loved! Hehe! I'll try to keep it coming as fast as I can.
 
Brezzybrez: Thanks so much for the compliment! And yea, I try to post a chapter everyday! Anyways, I couldn't find your story. I don't think it's up just yet…but when it is, I would be more then glad to check it out! I love reading them. You should check out Meira's fic and Inda's. They're pretty good so far! But then again, with people like them encouraging me…well…I have to be a bit biased. Heheheheeh, but I do like the fictions.
 
From Mmorg:
 
Inda: Gah! You found me there as well! Lol Well, thank you for putting a review in! And I will put up more as soon as I can. Thanks for the awesome factor! ^_^
 
 
Preview:
 
“Ok, so his name is Lethias?”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“I think I'm starting to go insane….”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“CAREFUL!”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~