Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ True Love ❯ Aching Hellos ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 1: Aching Hello's

Sage walked out of the old building that he and the others called school. It was a very quaint place once inside and no one really talked but the teachers, but it was much more than that when you were the most loved boy in school by all the girls. He sighed as he took off his jacket and walked on to the left, throwing his jacket over his left shoulder. It was the typical day as usual when all his fans came to adore him, but he had to get out of the school building before his adoring fans came rushing like mad herds to be mesmerized by him and his broad self. He took it all in with a grateful smile, but he really hated it and wanted to be left alone to hang out with his friends more often then treating a different girl every day.

He was walking faster than usual, for the bell had rang loudly, signaling that school had ended. He gave a relieved sigh when he didn't hear running footsteps behind him and screeching mad girls hindering him out of his thoughts. On the exterior, he was a fine looking boy with golden hair that seemed perfect and violet eyes that glared something more wise for a person his age. But the girls in his school only saw the exterior him always, never finding him as a wise or gentleperson. Sure, he loved the attention, but three years of it really got tiring, especially when he was going to be a senior next year.

If only a girl with a right mind set upon her shoulders and perfect stature would appear in his life. Sage always thought that was impossible, but the next few seconds of his future were about to be interrupted with a loud bang.

&&&

A girl about the age of sixteen ran out of the building with a heavy sigh. I gotta get home before my mom gets home from the hospital. I can't believe that she is even coming home after all this time of treatment and other things! The girl thought with a smile curving up. She ran faster as she looked at her watch. Damn, she might get home before me after all! The girl cursed to herself. As she glanced at her watch, she accidentally ran into a person walking fast around the corner that she was about to turn.

"Oof!" she heard the body hit the ground as she, herself, fell on her bottom. Ouch, she thought as she looked up to see a boy her age getting up and dusting of his school pants. Her eyes widened with a apologetic frown.

"Oh my goodness, I'm really sorry... I was looking at my watch instead of looking where I was going." She apologized with a quick glance to his face. Her eyes widened again when she recognized his face. He was the most popular boy in school that she'd never thought once would even acknowledge or even the first person she would run into in a while.

"That's okay," he said with no hard feelings as he looked up from dusting his pants off. "I wasn't looking where I was going either. I guess I had too much on my mind lately." He knew the girl from somewhere, but didn't really care at the moment. He had a fear that crept at the bottom of his throat that she would squeal and notice that he was the most popular boy in school.

"I know you from somewhere," he said with a frown, the fear going down a little when he knew she wasn't too of an airhead. "But I can't place my finger on it."

"Uh, well, I'm Kyoko Sakai from school, Sage." The girl said with small smile.

"Kyoko? Oh yeah, you're the one that is as smart as Rowen." Sage sighed as he remembered how Rowen complained all the time about Kyoko being as smart as him. "I knew you were familiar, but eh, well, I've dated so many girls that I forget which ones which."

"Is that so," Kyoko said with a bored look on her face. "Well, instead of talking about your wonderful self, I need to get home before my mom does. See you later." Kyoko let out a squeal when she glanced at her watch again. "Oh no, I'm late! Now she's really going to be mad at me for not being there before her!" Kyoko said a quick goodbye and high-tailed it over to her house.

"What a strange girl..." Sage commented as he just shrugged and went on his way towards his house.

&&&

Sage got home a few minutes later and opened the door to the house.

"Hello, anybody home?" he called out to his family, but was greeted only by silence. "Hmm, that's odd." He walked in and closed the door behind him before looking around the house. He finally came to the living room and saw his sisters, Yayoi and Satsuki watching a show on television. Yayoi looked up and grinned

"And how was your day, O' mighty flirt king." Yayoi laughed as she got up from her sitting position on the couch.

"Ha, ha, better than looking at you of course." Sage sneered as his sister growled at him.

"You're a big jerk, Sage, ya know that!" Yayoi smirked evilly, "by the way, your darling fans called and was worried sick about you. They thought that you were out with another girl without them."

"Maybe I was." Sage said with no emotion and walked out of the living room with that said. He walked up to his room up the stairs and closed the door behind him. Sage sighed as he sat down on his bed and flopped on his back with a heavier sigh than usual. He heard the door open a second later and thought it was Yayoi. "Go away, Yayoi, or I'll say something I'll never regret..."

"Say something and I'll drop kick ya all the way to Kyoto if you'd like." He heard a small voice.

"Say, what?" he lifted his upper torso up and looked at the girl that stood before him. "Satsuki, hey..." he said emptily.

"Boy, you've been sounding sorry for days now. What's eating you up?"

"Nothing, Satsuki, now go away."

"Yeah, but I want to know what's bothering you. You're my big brother and I don't like to see family members down in the dumps." Satsuki progressed as she moved closer.

"Nothing that concerns you." Sage said, thinking that this would make her go away. But the serious look she gave him told him she was much wiser than that. Curse the genes of this family! He thought before putting on a smile. "O all right, I'll tell you, but you better not go and spread it all over town."

Satsuki smiled as she ran up to her big brother and plopped down on his bed as he told her what was wrong.