Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Millennium Love Mercury Style ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I had to get this out of my head. Hopefully this one ends well. Crossover with Rurouni Kenshin (or Samurai X to you North American dubbers.) A very rare Soujirou Seta fic.

This takes place during the Tenken’s travels after being defeated by Kenshin Himura.

Disclaimers: I own nothing.

Basic Summary: Soujirou Seta meets up with a mysterious girl one night during his travels. But was it really a dream? And most importantly can this girl give the Tenken the peace he was seeking?

Pairing: Soujirou/Princess Mercury (A/N: You heard me! Princess Mercury! Why is she in this time frame will be explained later.)

WARNING: Any OOC-ness is regretted.

Prologue

************************************* ************************************************

19-year-old Soujirou Seta looked at the skyline and sighed at the darkening sky. After almost nine months of travel, he came to slowly realize that Makoto Shishio’s famous words: If you're strong, you live. If you're weak, you die. Held no meaning in the real world.

The villagers had cautioned him of the sprite that guarded the forest he was currently going through. But, Soujirou was unwavered. He had to get through the forest in order to reach his next destination.

***************************************************** ****************************************

The above-mentioned sprite was actually Princess Minerva of the long gone White Moon Kingdom.

Why was she here is anybody’s guess. The truth was she was in the main computer room when Beryl attacked. Mercury was about to henshin and get out when a concrete pillar hit her on the back, knocking her out of consciousness.

By the time she reawoke, the Moon Kingdom was demolished. She arrived to the palace just in time to see Queen Serenity use the Ginzuishou to send everyone away.

When the dying White Moon Queen collapsed, Mercury was by her side.

Smiling weakly at the last Senshi still alive, Queen Serenity, in her dying breath, instructed her to guard the Ginzuishou and head down to Earth and await for the rest of the girls to be revived.

Nodding, Mercury watched with tears as Queen Serenity passed away leaving behind a shimmer of moon dust.

With nothing left, the Ginzuishou teleported Mercury to Earth, where she lived in the forest she was currently in.

The Ginzuishou’s powers made her practically immortal, and so she waited for the rest of the Senshi and her Princess to be reborn.

********************************************************** ***********************************

At this point, the Ginzuishou glowed, warning the last of the planetary senshi that there was an intruder.

Getting up from her kneeling position, she replaced the Silver Crystal back on the necklace she had and went forth to pay the intruder a ‘visit’.

********************************************* ***************************************************

Soujirou walked into the deadly silent forest. The silence was so thick that you could cut it with a sword.

Then, his back stiffened when he felt something in the shadows. Readying his sword, he immediately struck a defensive pose.

“Who goes through my sanctuary?” a voice asked.

Lowering his sword slightly, Soujirou answered.

“Soujirou Seta seeks passage through the forest, forest sprite.”

The voice chuckled.

“Forest sprite? Is that what they call me in this era?”

Soujirou had a puzzled look on his face.

The woman then stepped forward, revealing a kind face.

Soujirou blinked in utter surprise.

“Now isn’t the time for the world to know of my existence.” the woman remarked, as she raised a crystal in the air.

“Sweet dreams, Soujirou-san and forget you’d ever saw me.” she instructed.

The Ginzuishou pulsed a bright light and after the tenth pulse, Soujirou fell onto the grassy floor, asleep.

********************************************************** *******************************

Mercury, or Lady Elenaithil as she was currently known as, quickly caught the fallen Tenken before he hit the ground.

Placing him carefully against a cluster of bamboo, she re-sheathed his sword.

However, the moment she touched him, Elenaithil felt a sudden jolt of familiarity, as if she knew him from somewhere.

******************************************************* ******************************************

Flash

16-ye ar-old Princess Mercury was sitting by the fountain in the gardens of Mariner Castle.

“Hime?” a masculine voice interrupted her thoughts.

“Hai Legolas?” the princess answered.

“The Queen requests y our presence.” he answered.

“For another ball?” the princess sighed.

The protector of the princess nodded slowly.

The princess sighed yet again.

Ever since she turned 16, the Queen had been hosting balls for her to attend. Granted, the former was worried about her daughter, but the throne’s heir was already in love, with her own protector.

End of Flash

*************************************************************************** *****************

At that, Elenaithil was jolted out of her musings.

Could it be… she wondered.

Legolas, is it really you? she added, as she gently stroked Soujirou ‘s fringe.

Quickly snapping herself out of her thoughts, Elenaithil swiftly retreated back to her safe haven.

*********************************************************** *******************************

SailorStar9: And so ends yet another of my fics.