Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Nexus Academy ❯ Welcome to Nexus Academy ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Welcome to Nexus Academy
 
 
 
Raging Koala: Yes I know there are hundreds of school fan fics. But mine are different! You shall all see! Oh, I only own the original characters. All manga, anime, or non-anime characters are the creations of their respective creators.
 
 
 
A small forest is where this story begins. A peaceful pond was nestled among the trees, and no life was nearby. Then, a small hole opened above the lake. Where the hole led was a mystery, but something came out.
 
“Why do I have to be in another one of your stupid stories?” Davis asked the narrator. As usual nothing answered him.
 
Iso smiled. The Scimitar of the Crescent Moon was strapped to his back. His silver sword hung from his side, but now he also had the Were-Blades strapped with them.
 
Lime stepped out of the portal last. “I'm telling you guys, we were followed!” He exclaimed. Iso gave him a sarcastic look. “Oh yeah!” He said. “We were being chased by our shadows!” Iso failed to notice a small creature climb out of the portal. It was headed right towards a kid with a straw hat.
 
 
 
Luffy looked at the invitation again. “I don't know about going to a school…” He said. “But anyone who has box lunches waiting for us is a friend of mine!” He eagerly gobbled down the assortment of food in his box.
 
Zolo stopped suddenly. “Guys, we're being followed.” He said. A rustle came from a nearby bush. “Run!” Ussop yelled. “Drop your lunches and save yourselves!” A small creature crawled out from a bush.
 
It walked on all fours. It was the color of stone. It had a short tail and small wings. It was almost monkey-like except its ears went straight up and it had horns. The face was almost human except the eyes were bigger, it had no nose, and it had a stiff upper lip.
 
Sanji smiled. “I wonder if I could cook it…” He said. Suddenly Iso, Lime, and Davis ran up after them. Iso stopped when he saw the creature. Davis bent down to pet it. “Is that what you said was following us?” He asked. “It's a dwarf gargoyle. Harmless.”
 
Luffy smiled. “Hi! Who are you guys?” Davis stopped petting the gargoyle and stood up. “I'm Davis, this is Iso, and the guy with no hair's Lime.” He said. Lime stared angrily at Davis for the bald comment.
 
Zolo saw the two swords on Iso's side and the fourth sword of his back. “You can use three swords?” He asked. Iso laughed. “Actually, it's four swords, and no.” He said. “I can only use two at a time. I'm a… collector of swords with special qualities.”
 
The gargoyle saw Ussop and let out a squeal of delight. It jumped up on Ussop's head and went to sleep. Lime stared at the two for a while. “It seems he's taken a liking to you! For what reason I don't know…”
 
Nami and Chopper came out of the bushes. “We found our lunches!” Nami said. Chopper nodded. “They were in the bushes.”
 
After introductions between them all Iso took out his lunch. He had two boxes. “How come you've got more to eat than us?” Luffy asked. “All teachers get two box lunches.” Iso said. “Plus some sake. But I never touch the stuff.” Zolo made a grab for the bottles.
 
Iso handed them over without a fight. Zolo frowned. “How come you're a teacher if we're the same age?” Iso smiled. “I thought you'd be a teacher as well.”
 
“I'm curious to see how you use those blades…” Iso said. “How bout a fight?” Zolo smiled. “Fine.” He said. “We'll see who'd make a better teacher.”
 
 
 
All was peaceful in the forest until a giant robot stepped on a bunch of trees. “I recognize that feeling!” Coop said. “We just traveled through dimensions. Leaves you with a horrible craving for tofu.”
 
A second robot appeared next to Megas. “Hey!” Joe said. “Sweet ride! By the way, do you have any tofu? I've got the weirdest craving for some tofu.”
 
Sylvia just chuckled at the robot. “Leave it to a boy to put a car on a robot's head.” She thought. Captain Blue chuckled at the robot. “Leave it to a teenager to put a car on a robot's head.” He thought. Joe rubbed his chin. “I wonder if cows make good pets…” He thought.
 
The three heroes leapt out of Six Machine. The robot instantly took its plane form and flew off. Coop, Jamie, and Kiva somehow got out of Megas. (Anyone reading this fic no how they do that?)
 
After introductions, (And Joe beating up Jamie for flirting with Sylvia) Joe and Coop became fast friends. They shared the common interest of B movies, giant robots, and anything that goes “Boom.”
 
The seven new friends came into a clearing and saw Iso, Luffy, and all the rest. Iso and Zolo were both laying on the ground in a cold sweat. They had some minor scratches on them but nothing serious.
 
The gargoyle on Ussop's head awoke and saw everyone. It ran up to Joe and began rubbing its head against Joe's leg like a cat would. Joe picked it up and tried to find where the batteries went.
 
Sylvia grabbed it before Joe could rip its head off. “He's adorable!” She said. “Wait, he's a he, right?” When she tried to look the creature let out a growl that clearly meant. “If you look I'll gouge your eyes.” Sylvia understood this and set it down. “He's a he.”
 
Sanji, (Just noticing the beautiful girl), instantly switched into flirt mode. While using lame pickup lines like: “If you were a booger, I'd pick you every time!” Or “Do you have a map? Because I'm lost in your eyes!”
 
Joe grabbed a brightly colored birthday present and tapped Sanji's shoulder. “For me?” Sanji asked. He eagerly unwrapped the gift. His present was Joe's fist blasting through the paper and smashing Sanji in the face.
 
“Today's special is a knuckle sandwich. And for desert…” Joe stopped to smash a very tender target with his foot. “Crushed nuts!” Sanji screamed at a pitch that was probably the secret to singing in a boy band.
 
Nami looked at the V-watch strapped to Joe and Sylvia's wrist. “Is this an eternal compass?” She asked. Joe smiled. “It's called a V-watch. It can let me control the flow of time when I'm in Viewtiful mode.” He said. Sylvia looked at Sanji and Jamie. “When it comes to girls…” She said. “He's as easily subdued by womanly charm as you two boobs. Makes it hard to be his girlfriend.”
 
“Boobs, huh?” Said a voice. Everyone turned to see who said it. “Must be talking about you Odd.” Ulrigh, Odd, Yumi, Jeremy and Aelita stepped out from the bushes.
 
“Well,” Iso said, “looks like we're going to have company on the way to school.”
 
 
 
Joey fell to the ground. The life points on his meter read zero. “How could I lose to Kaiba again?
 
Kaiba turned around. “That was a huge waste of time. And we're still no closer to finding the Nexus Academy.” He said.
 
Bakura laughed as Joey and Kaiba argued. Now that he was free from the spirit of the Millennium
 
Yugi smiled. “At least nothing bad can possibly happen when we go to this school!” He said. “Right,” Said the voice of the pharaoh. “For once no madmen are trying to take over the world!
 
Then there was a noise. It sounded like three beeps. Then two voices called out the same word: “Reborn!”
 
Ken and Leo were both facing each other with their Legendz Shiron and Greedo close by.
 
“Okay, Leo!” Ken said. “Greedo doesn't have much HP left! Wing Slasher!” Shiron's winds began flapping, creating powerful winds that slice through Greedo the blazedragon.
 
“Okay.” Leo said. “You beat me. But we're still no closer to finding the school.” Ken shrugged as Shiron returned to his talispod. “I didn't say we'd get any closer!”
 
Ken noticed Yugi. “You must be…” Yugi knew he was about to say “King of Games”. But Ken disappointed him. “…Some sort of clown!”
 
Joey walked over to Ken. “Do you know who this is?” Ken nodded. “Yes. He's a clown!” Joey flicked Ken in his big forehead. “He ain't a clown! He's Yugi Moto!” Ken rubbed his forehead. “Is that anything like a clown?”
 
Kaoruko looked at Yugi closely. “I've never seen this guy in my life.” Hideaki said. “He's not a movie star, politician, or a Legendz player so he can't be that important.” Joey almost punched her before he remembered this kid was just a sixth grader.
 
Leo stared at the Duel Discs. “Interesting. This is the same technology used in Legendz talispods.”
 
Ririko was looking at Bakura's deck. “I don't get it!” She said. “Where do you put the soul figure? And what are all these cards for?” Kaiba looked at her as if she was crazy.
 
Kaoruko noticed the puzzle hanging from Yugi's neck. “I've seen this before…” She thought. Her mind flashed back to a night a few years ago. Her father had discovered something…
 
Ken was waving his hand in front of Kaoruko's face. “Don't take it personally clown, she spaces out like this a lot. I think it's because she's embarrassed her underwear's showing.” Soon Ken was smacked in the forehead by Kaoruko's staff. “For the last time, they're bloomers!”
 
 
 
Kiyo looked around while Zatch eagerly ate his box lunch. “Do you think this was some spell by a mamodo?” He asked. Zatch somehow managed to shake his head while still eating his yellowtail.
 
The sound of a twig snapping was close by. Kiyo reacted on instinct and shouted out the first spell: “ZACHAIR!” Lightning flew out of Zatch's mouth and zapped someone nearby. “Oopse.” Kiyo said. “False alarm. It's just Folgore.”
 
Kanchomi was reviving the burnt and slightly crispy Folgore. “Look what you two did!” Kanchomi yelled. “If I had better spells I'd blast and/or crush you!”
 
Zatch noticed that Folgore had two lunches. “Why do you got two lunches?” Zatch said sobbingly. Folgore jumped up. “That's a because I`m a teacher!” He said triumphantly. “I teach dance elective!”
 
“There's a surprise.” Kiyo said. “I don't even know who's running this school. A week ago I got the invite, then I got sucked here. And, unfortunately, we were followed.” The small figure of Ponygon stepped forwards.
 
As the five walked they bumped into a young boy. He had dark hair and dressed all in black. He was around twelve.
 
“Hi…” He said with an evil smile. Zatch ran over to him. “Hi! I'm Zatch! Zatch Bell! Who are you?” For a second, the boy's eyes were replaced by a strange symbol. “My name…” He said while smiling, “Is X.A.N.A.”
 
 
 
Luffy, Joe, Coop, Iso, Ulrigh, and all the rest were together. They had told each other as much as they dared to and were attempting to find the school. Then they bumped into Yusuke.
 
Joe, however, was more interested in Hiei. His Jigong eye was showing and Joe did what any idiot would do. He poked it. And he was asking the dumbest questions, like: “How do you buy glasses if you have three eyes?”
 
Kuwabara was shaking the gargoyle. “What is it?”
 
Kurama was studying Chopper. “I've never seen a reindeer that walks like a man. Not even in the Spirit World.” Chopper smiled. “I bet you've never met a reindeer doctor either!”
 
 
 
At the mention of the word doctor, a muscular man jumped out of the bushes. It was Goku. He smiled nervously. “Umm… Hi!” He said. “Which one of you was the d-doctor?”
 
Chopper stepped forward. Goku stepped back. Kuwabara laughed. “The big tough man's afraid of a wimpy reindeer!” He said. At the word “Wimpy” Chopper grew big and strong. Then he crushed Kuwabara into a pulp.
 
Goku was impressed. “Pretty good! I'd like to fight all of you if you're that tough!” Then he had the nervous smile back on. “Just, don't give me any shots…”
 
Ploo walked in. At the sight of a new friend, the gargoyle leaped down and started sniffing Ploo. Ploo fell down and stabbed the gargoyle with his nose.
 
Iso looked at the two creatures beginning to get in a fight. “My life can't get any weirder.” As soon as he thought this, Griff floated in. “Whoops! Spoke too soon.” Haru, Musica, and Ellie stepped out too.
 
Haru saw Iso and had one thing race through his mind. “When did Sieghart get those scars? And why's he have so many swords?” Iso walked over and tried to be friendly, but Griff floated in his way.
 
“Sieghart?” He said. “What are you doing here? We haven't seen you since—“ “Do I know you?” Iso asked.
 
Musica looked at him closely. “He doesn't really look like Sieghart.” He said. “The hair's different, he's shorter, he's got those scars, too many swords, and he's smiling. You ever seen Sieghart smile?”
 
Once every one got acquainted, Joe smiled. “Well, since we'll all be traveling together, I suggest you make me leader. After all, I am the strongest.”
 
“What?” Iso asked. “I could take all of you on!” Thus sparked the most bizarre free-for-all anyone's ever seen.
 
 
 
Naruto rubbed his stomach. “Oh…” He moaned. “I wish I still had my box lunch. That punk with the straw hat took mine!” Sasuke gave a small smile. “And you call yourself a ninja?”
 
Naruto gave him the glare he always gave Sasuke. “The guy stretched like rubber! How was I supposed to beat a jutsu like that?” “I'm sure if Sasuke was attacked he would've kept his lunch!” Sakura said. As usual, Sasuke paid no attention to her compliment.
 
Naruto stopped in his tracks. “Did you guys here something?” He asked. Both of the other genin nodded. Naruto reached into his bag and pulled out a kunai knife. He threw it into the bushes.
 
Raemundo stepped out of the shadows with the knife stuck in his but. “Oh yeah, this is real comfy.” He said. Omi, Kimiko, and Clay followed him. “I said goose!” Omi yelled. Raemundo sighed. “For the last time, it's not goose, it's duck!” Omi rubbed his bald head. “Duck? That makes no sense!”
 
Clay turned. “Did ya'll hear that?” Everyone nodded. Clay threw his lasso into the bushes and pulled out Jack Spicer. “Please don't hurt me!” He pleaded. “I bruise easily!”
 
Naruto pulled the knife out of Raemundo's butt. “Why were you following us?” He asked. “Tell me or I'll put it back!” Raemundo smiled. “Relax…” He said. “We were just hoping you would lead us to the academy. I'm guessing that's why the dough boy followed us.”
 
Jack raised his hand. “Do you guys hear something?” He asked. Everyone shook his or her head. Jack frowned. Unfortunately, no one noticed that another Naruto was following them.
 
 
 
Ken was poking Yugi's hair. “So clown,” He asked. “Is this hair real? Cause it's way too pointy.”
 
The group stopped when they saw Zatch and company. X.A.N.A. eyed the devices they carried.
 
Interesting…” He thought. He licked his lips eagerly. “Advanced holographic technology in the discs and circuitry for making data solid in the hand held devices…
 
Ken ran over to do his usual meet & greet. When he challenged them to a Legendz battle however, they looked at him like he was crazy. Ken looked a bit depressed. He had only battled Leo today, and he wanted to battle someone new! It was making his brain do the cha-cha slide!
 
As they all moved on they bumped into three travelers. “I'm telling you Sano, we're lost!” Yahiko said. “We're not lost!” Sano replied. “We've just found a couple ways that don't lead to the school Kenshin and I are teaching at!” “We've been finding ways for hours!” Yahiko snapped.
 
Kenshin managed to stop the two from killing each other. Then Kenshin noticed everyone. “Hello!” He said gleefully. “I am Kenshin, that I am.” Ken smiled. “Nice to meet you, Kenshin that I am. I'm Ken! Please tell me you have a Legendz!” “I have a Legendz.” “Really?” “No.”
 
Sano looked at the duel disk. “I saw a guy with a weapon just like that.” He said. “But he had a black robe on with an eye was on his hood.” He said. Yugi's eyes went wide. “A rare hunter… I wondered what happened to them after Marik lost that duel…” He muttered.
 
 
 
Another Kenshin watched as Kenshin talked to Ken and the others. He was fourteen with the trademark scar. He had a stern yet interested glare in his eyes. “Who are these people?” He reached for his sword.
 
A hand tapped his shoulder. He turned and saw XA.N.A. standing on a branch. “But how…” He turned back to where the older him was. X.A.N.A. was still there.
 
“That's just one of my ghosts.” He said. “I created it to disguise itself on me when ever need be. In my dimension - Oh why am I telling you this? You're from the 18 hundreds!”
 
The other Kenshin shrugged. “Does it matter?” He asked. “Besides, I'm smarterer then he are!”
 
X.A.N.A.'s eyes turned into his symbol. He disappeared and reappeared where his ghost had stood. It was as if he'd never left.
 
 
 
Everyone (Except those who had no fighting skills) Were in the midst of a fight. Joe and Sylvia weren't in their Viewtiful mode. They wanted to conserve energy.
 
Iso swung his silver sword at Zolo. Zolo's swords countered the attack as he delivered a hind kick to Iso. Ellie tried blasting Lime, but he dodged it with little injury.
 
The fight was interrupted by a fiffteen-year-old boy. He had walked into the fray and raised his hand. On his arm was a Duel Academy regulation Duel Disk. He was wearing a Ra Yellow uniform and had several earrings hanging from his left ear. He had spiky red hair.
 
With him was another Luffy. He had a blue robe on, but other than that he looked normal, except for the serious expression on his face. He merely glared at everyone. In his hands was a box lunch.
 
Luffy just stared at him confusedly. “Who are you?” He asked. The other Luffy just glared harder. The boy smiled. “He doesn't talk much.” He said. “My name is Jay. Now if you'll excuse us we need to get to the school.”
 
Yumi smiled. “You might as well come with us.” She said. “We're looking for the academy too.”
 
Jay smiled. “I don't see why not.” He looked at Coop. “I could've sworn when I saw you earlier you were skinnier.” The serious Luffy nodded.
 
As soon as he said this, another Coop walked up. “Well, well, well…” He said. “It's been a while Coop. At least it's been for me. Can't tell how time passes for you when I'm stuck between our dimensions.”
 
Coop rubbed his chin. “Oh right!” He said. “The evil me! How you doing? Seen any good movies?” “Well,” The evil Coop said, “Actually I did see this great movie with - Ahh! What am I saying?”
 
Kiva stared. “So Coop wasn't making that up.” She said. Jamie shook his head. “I make stuff up.” He said. “Coop doesn't usually make stuff up.”
 
 
 
Naruto watched as the other Naruto traveled with Sasuke and the others. “Poor fool…” He thought. “He doesn't know those two are holding him back.
 
This Naruto had his hair dyed red with a white streak. His outfit was like the good Naruto's except it was black where there was orange. He was about 17 and had a cruel smile on his face. The headband of the Village Hidden in the Leaves had been changed.
 
The triangle that represented the bottom of the leaf had two triangles on top. Two triangles were also on the bottom of the circle. And instead of one stem there were nine.
 
He turned around and saw XA.N.A. “Can I help you?” He asked. “You've been standing behind me for five minutes what do you want?” XA.N.A. looked shocked at the fact he had none he had been there.
 
“Impressive human.” He said. “I see you're following them.” Naruto nodded. “Yes.” He said with a smirk. “What I don't understand is how this is possible…”
 
“Simple,” XA.N.A. said. “We're in the Nexus, the point where all dimensions meet. This school is for beings of great power throughout time and space. Obviously you are from a possible future for that boy.”
 
“If this is a school for power, why's that idiot here?” Naruto asked while pointing to Jack. As if on cue, Jack walked into a tree branch and fell over. When he got up he bumped his head on the same branch and started crying like a baby.
 
X.A.N.A. nodded. “I see your point.” He said. “The idiocy is strong in that one. I bet he sleeps with a night light.” “Hey,” Jack yelled to the monks and ninjas. “If we need to sleep here, I brought my night light!”
 
Naruto shrugged. “Just get to the point.” He said. “Very well…” X.A.N.A. said. “I am X.A.N.A. I come from a dimension called Lyoko, but I've recently obtained this body. I need help from people like you.
 
“In this school, there are too many heroes.” He said. “If we stick together, we will stand taller than any army. And I will finally be able to finish off those meddlesome kids once and for all. So are you in or out?” Naruto smiled. “Naruto, leader of the Army-of-the-Nine-Tailed-Fox and destroyer of the Village Hidden in the Leaves, does not follow orders.” He said. “We shall be partners.”
 
X.A.N.A. smiled. “Better than nothing.” He said. “Now if you'll excuse me, I have another person that must join us.”
 
 
 
“Oh!” Folgore said as he fell to the ground. “My feet, they ache! This is a no way for an international sensation to travel!” This was responded to by Sano repeatedly kicking his side.
 
Folgore unwillingly got up. Then they saw thousands of different people, some young some old, standing in front of a large building. The building had four tall towers and had four walls leading along. It was about the size of ten football fields.
 
Everything was painted elegantly. Golden paintings and statues of different animals littered the campus. People were walking in through two huge red doors.
 
Two beings stood at the door. One was a man dressed in an elegant green robe. He had black hair and was thinning a bit. He had a black curly goatee and had a huge smile above said goatee. He wore a golden necklace with a picture of a bat on it.
 
The second being was much shorter. It was a tiny bear standing on his hind legs. He wore a blue robe and had a golden necklace with a bear on it. He carried a clipboard and pen. He had a tall blue hat that's only purpose was to conceal the fact he was a foot and a half tall.
 
“Dean,” The man said. “This looks like a real good year. The students that were hand picked by you-know-who show impressive skill in the videos.”
 
The bear nodded. “Yes, Headmaster Robins, I especially liked that reindeer. He kind of reminds me of me when I was younger.” The bear said smiling.
 
“I wasn't too impressed with the robot pilots,” A voice said. “I've been teaching at this school for two years and he's getting four handpicked students, and two other teachers? I hate that guy!”
 
“Now Domone,” The headmaster said. “Don't be such a downer! You sound like the old robot pilot teacher did!”
 
Dean shook his head. “Until Domone savagely attacked him and ripped out his…” Dean was interrupted by Domone putting his hand over the bear's mouth. “I told you,” He said. “Don't talk about that.”
 
Soon, all the other handpicked students arrived. Dean ran down to greet them. “Hello (enter student's name here)” He said. “I am (Enter teacher's name here)! You are the special, handpicked students to join Nexus Academy!
 
“For your unique skills, you have been chosen to enter this most renound school!” He continued, “For skill, bravery, and whatever it is Jack has.” “I'm right here you know!” “Yeah, I know. I am Dean, the Headmaster's assistant.”
 
Luffy smiled. “I'm Luffy!” He said as he stared at the bear's headwear. “You have a silly hat!” Dean stared at him angrily. “Like you don't?” He asked.
 
Luffy punched Dean. “No one makes fun of this hat.” He said. Dean put on a boxing glove and punched Luffy. Luffy rubbed the spot where he had been hit. Dean took off the boxing glove, and poured out what appeared to be crushed pieces of a horseshoe.
 
“Here are the seats for the orientation.” Dean said, as he handed all of them tickets. “All those that were invited as teachers, please come with me.”
 
And with that, these heroes and villains whom should have never met followed the talking bear, each one anxious to see what this academy was like. As the red doors swung open, the group stepped through.
 
 
 
LD: To learn more about the manga Legendz, visit your local bookstore! (Gets zapped by lightning) Ow.
 
 
Next Time: Orientation Humiliation