Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Nexus Academy ❯ The Ping-Pong Twins ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Ping-Pong Twins
 
 
 
“When transforming dramatically,” Goku said, “it's important to remember not to over do it. If you do, your opponent won't be able to actually see the symbolism.” Joe raised his hand. “What symbolism?” Goku shrugged. “I don't know, they told me to say that.”
 
The door flung open and two students ran in. One was a boy in the kind of blue elegant robe one of the teachers would wear. He had abnormally long hair for a boy his age (Which was twelve) and he had a violet backpack. The other student looked exactly like the other except for a small scar on his forehead.
 
Goku smiled. “Late again! You two do everything together. You even have to go to the bathroom at the exact same time!” The twins took a seat at a nearby vacant table.
 
Joe turned to the kid behind him. “Who are those guys?” The kid looked up from the book he was reading. “They're Ping and Pong.” He said. “They've been going to this school since kindergarten. They're the perfect tag team in everything. Dueling, Legendz, Robots, fighting, interpretive dance…”
 
Joe stopped paying attention to the kid. “Ping and Pong? Who names their kids that? Probably the same type who names a kid `Monkey D. Luffy'.
 
 
 
Joe sat down at the Monkey Dorm lunch table. He couldn't take his eyes off Ping and Pong, who were sitting at the Dragon table. He wanted to fight them, but he would have to wait for a teacher to give permission.
 
Naruto snapped his fingers in front of Joe. “He's been like this since Dramatic Transformations class. He even missed me turning into Goku.” The kid who sat behind Joe looked at him confusedly. “That was Goku?” He asked. “It looked more like a pointy haired Hunchback of Notre Dame.” “What's Notre Dame?” Naruto asked.
 
Joe sighed. “Until there's a test or demonstration, I can't take on Ping or Pong.” He said. Naruto laughed. “The Ping-Pong twins?” He said. “That's the lamest name I've ever heard!” Naruto failed to see that the twins were right behind him.
 
“Our names are lame? Did you here that Ping?” The one with the scar asked. “Yes,” Ping said, “You shouldn't be mocking our names. You know Naruto means `fish-cake' in Japanese.”
 
Joe used his amazing detective skills to find out who was who. “Which one of you is which?” He asked. The one with the scar smiled. “I'm Pong. My brother over there is Ping.” He said.
 
Naruto tried to suppress a laugh. “Brother, did you hear what he just said?” Ping thought. “Indeed,” Pong thought, “he has no respect for twins.” Joe stared at them. He had seen this kind of thing in the movie “Invasion of the Mind Reading Thing That Will Eat You!
 
Ping and Pong walked away to finish their lunch. The Enforcer stood up. “A tag team tournament will be held in three days. Those who want to enter must sign up by then. And don't break the rules.” He said this last sentence menacingly.
 
Joe smiled. This was almost too convenient to be true! He had an excuse to fight the twins with the weird names!
 
 
 
It was three days later, people were lined up for the fight. Ken had teamed up with Ririko for the Legendz department. Aelita had teamed up with Jay for Duel Monsters. Joe and Sylvia were together for fighting. Joe was also in robot piloting with Coop. There were also a lot of other people who wouldn't be facing Ping and Pong.
 
Ping and Pong took out two talispods from their backpacks. One was brown, which usually meant an earth type. The other one was white, which meant wind type. Ping grabbed the white one. Pong grabbed the brown one.
 
Ken and Ririko held up their talispods. All four switched the talispods to the `REBORN' setting. “Reborn!” They all said.
 
Shiron emerged and the familiar tornado world appeared. Ririko's Legendz, the mermaid Tetty, appeared. Ken was eager to see what Legendz the twins had.
 
Ping held up his talispod. A large deer with wings appeared. Right below the head of the deer was the head of a man covered in deer hair. “This is my Legendz.” Ping said. “The peluton: Giatrice!”
 
Pong's Legendz emerged from the ground. It had a body covered in fur and long claws. Its eyes were shut closed and it had a long snout with a black nose. On its back was a large sword and it was wearing army jeans. “This is Gavor,” Pong said, “the mole-man!”
 
Ken smiled. “This is gonna rock!” He said. “Shiron! Wing Tornado!” Shiron began spinning around in a circle. Wind was gathering around him, forming a large tornado. When Shiron stopped, the tornado flew towards Gavor. But Giatrice flew in the way. “Giatrice! Rising Current!” Ping yelled. A plume of wind flew up and blocked the attack.
 
“Nice.” Pong said. “Now Set Element!” The wind began to disappear. Where it had once been, there was now a large cave, big enough to fly in. “Okay,” Pong said. “Gavor! Tunnel Melee!”
 
The mole-man began digging at the cave floor. He then began traveling forwards in a tunnel. Ken couldn't help but get excited. “This is so cool!” He said. “Shiron, be careful!” Shiron tried to nod, but was cut short by Gavor leaping out of the ground and striking him and Tetty.
 
“We've let Pong have too much fun!” Ping said. “Now Giatrice: Northern Winds!” The Peluton began flapping his wings. Powerful winds blew towards Tetty. Ririko looked at Tetty's HP. “Zero.” She said.
 
The cave disappeared. “I believe we were playing by the usual tag team rules.” Ping said. “Yes, where if your partner loses you lose?” Pong said. Enforcer stood up. “Team Ping-Pong wins.” He said.
 
 
 
Jay strapped his duel disc on. “Why am I here?” He asked himself. “There are better duelists at Duel Academy. Why was I chosen?” He took out his deck.
 
Ping and Pong stepped forwards. They had the normal kind of duel disc on. Both of them smiled. “Just think of a strategy brother.” He thought. “Then we'll use it.
 
Aelita swallowed. “I need to be better than I was against McDougal. I'm not going to lose this time.
 
Ping smiled. “I'll go first.” He said. “I play three cards face down and end my turn.” Jay drew a card. “Nice move.” He said. “For me anyway. I play Dark World Lightning!” He threw down a magic card.
 
“Now I can destroy one face down card on your side of the field!” Jay said. Lightning struck Ping's face down card. It shattered into different pieces. “Then I get to discard a card from my hand.” Jay said. As soon as he did this, a horrible looking behemoth appeared.
 
“When my Golld, Wu-Lord of Dark World is discarded from my hand, I can bring him back to life, on my side of the field!” Jay said. “Now I play Brron, Mad King of Dark World!” The chained up king appeared next to Golld.
 
Pong grinned. “I'll play a card in face down defense position!” He said. “And two cards face down for added support.”
 
Aelita drew a card. “I'll use Polymerization to fuse Roboyarou and Robolady to form Super Robolady!” Aelita said. The robot monster appeared. “And I'll equip her with Sword of the Deep-Seated!” A wicked looking sword appeared in the hands of Super Robolady.
 
“Now I'll attack Ping with Super Robolady!” Aelita said. The bionic woman ran towards Ping. “Now use Bionic Blitzkrieg!” The woman slashed at Ping with her sword.
 
“Now if I activate may trap!” Pong said. One of his facedowns flipped up. It's called Ordeal of a Traveler. You guess if a card in my hand is a Monster, Magic, or Trap card. You guess right your attack goes as planned. Guess wrong and your attack gets negated along with the added effect of returning the attacking monster to your hand!”
 
Aelita gulped. “Monster?” She asked. Pong looked at the card in his hand. “Sorry.” He said smiling. “It's a Spell card.” He turned the card around. It was Painful Choice. Super Robolady turned around and flew into Aelita's hand.
 
Ping smiled. “I've seen what you two are capable of.” He said. “I'm tired of playing around. I play the Trap card: Embodiment of Apophis! Now my trap becomes a monster, and I'll sacrifice it to summon Mystical Marionette!
 
“Now I activate my trap. It's Ultimate Offering! Now I can summon another monster at the cost of 500 life points! I'LL summon Gearfried the Iron Knight. Now things are about to get interesting.
 
“You see, I'm about to initiate a powerful three-card combo. It starts by equipping Gearfried with Butterfly Dagger - Elma. Mystical Marionette's effect lets me put a spell counter on him when a spell card's played. Now Gearfried's effect activates. When he's equipped with an equip card, it's automatically destroyed. And when Butterfly Dagger - Elma is destroyed when it's equipped to a monster, it returns to my hand so I can play it again!”
 
“Not good.” Jay said. “With that effect he can keep playing his Butterfly Dagger and boost his Marionette's attack until it's enough to take us out!” Pong smiled. “That's what I'm about to do!”
 
Pong kept equipping Gearfried with BDE and his Marionette kept getting stronger. Soon, it had 8000 attack. He attacked Aelita's life points directly.
 
“This lets me discard a monster with `Brain Doctor' in its name to the graveyard and summon one monster with `Brain Monster' in its name to the field.” Ping said. Jay frowned. “He's playing with cards from other dimensions. I don't know anything about this.” He said.
 
Enforcer sighed. “Ping-Pong wins!” He said. “Like anyone else is going to win?” He added in his thoughts.
 
 
 
Joe and Sylvia stepped up to the ring. “Maybe those other guys couldn't beat Ping and Pong, but no one kicks but like Joe do.” Joe thought.
 
Joe nodded at Sylvia. “Let's do it.” He said. Both heroes held up the arm with the V-watch on it. “Henshin A-Go-Go Baby!” Joe cried out.
 
Everything in the background disappeared and everything went black. Joe's red body suit flew onto him and Silvia's blue outfit flew on followed by their emblems flying off their V-Watches and onto their foreheads, then the helmets appeared. There were explosions behind them as they struck poses.
 
Ping whistled. “I can see why he's getting an A in Style Fighting and Dramatic Transformations.” He said. Pong nodded. “Then again, so are we.” He said.
 
The boys began to levitate a couple inches above the ground. Their robes became Chinese martial arts uniforms. Their hair began to braid itself in the traditional style for Chinese martial artists. A picture of an eye appeared on their foreheads.
 
Joe shrugged. “Not bad.” He said. Ping smiled. “If that didn't impress you, then this will.” He said. Blue energy began moving towards Joe and Sylvia's feet. The energy began swirling around the ankles and lifted them up. They were hanging upside-down, midair, and by the ankles.
 
Sylvia took out her guns. “Replay!” She said. The abbreviation for recording appeared as Sylvia fired. The heart-shaped energy came hurtling towards Pong. Blue energy appeared in the form of a wall and the shot bounced off of it. The energy hit Sylvia and, because of her Replay, she got hit two more times.
 
Joe looked at Sylvia, whom had passed out. “How about best two out of three?” He asked. Enforcer shook his head. “Sorry Joe. Ping-Pong wins it again.” He said with a sigh.
 
 
 
Joe looked at Coop. “We still have a chance to win.” He said. “Every team has a weak spot. We need to find theirs.” Coop nodded. “But how?” He asked. “They can read our minds.” Joe shook his head. “No, not our minds.” He said. “Just each others.” His eyes lit up. “That's it!”
 
 
 
Megas and Six-Machine stepped into the arena. Across from them stood two robots. One had huge wings, and horns on its head. It also had metal ear like things, and a long snout with sharp teeth. The other robot had no ear things but did have a tail.
 
The robot with wings was white. The robot with tails was blue. “Water Dragon!” Ping said from inside the blue one. “Windragon!” Pong said from the white one.
 
Coop shrugged. “We can so beat you psychic kung-fuing, Legendz battling, Duel Monstering, robot piloting losers.” He said.
 
Pong sighed. “You'd think they'd have learned we can't be beat.” He said. “We should give them a hint.”
 
Windragon's legs balled up to the chest, so it looked like it didn't have any. The back of Water Dragon's back popped out, revealing it to be armor for a chest. Windragon's wings extended to maximum range. The armor attached to its chest, and the armor reattached itself to Water Dragon. The ear things slid back so they were now attached to both heads. “Windragon and Water Dragon, unite to form Hurricane Dragon!”
 
Joe whistled. “Awesome.” He said. “That would look so cool in a movie.” Hurricane Dragon flew towards Joe. It turned around so its back was facing Joe. But Windragon was attached to the back so it didn't matter which end Joe was facing.
 
The Windragon part delivered a punch to Six-Machine's head. Joe smiled. “Now's my chance.” He said. “Slo-mo!” Everything began moving slowly.
 
Ping tried reading Pong's mind, but he was thinking too slowly to understand. “These guys aren't as dumb as I thought.” He said slowly.
 
Six-Machine delivered a Slo-Mo kick to Hurricane Dragon's chest. “Zoom-In!” Joe said. Everything zoomed in on Joe, making his kick even more powerful. Everything went back to normal.
 
“You struck the cockpit.” Enforcer said angrily. “That's against the rules.” Six Machine and Megas suddenly exploded. The robots both fell to the ground, and Coop and Joe both crawled out of their robots covered in soot.
 
“Detention.” Enforcer said as he grabbed Joe and Coop. “Now.”
 
X.A.N.A. smiled. “Not willing to kill?” He said. “Please. Humans can be so weak.” Jack Spicer, who was sitting right below him nodded. “Yeah,” He said. “Humans are-- hey, wait I'm a human!” “Exactly.” X.A.N.A. said.
 
X.A.N.A. smiled at Jack. “I'm sure you know about the evil club I'm starting.” He said. Jack's eyes lit up. “An evil club?” Jack asked. “Please, oh please let me join!” X.A.N.A. grinned. It was easy to get these fleshy puppets to do as he pleased.
 
“Well,” X.A.N.A. said, “I don't know. The club's pretty much filled to capacity. To join you'd have to do something for the club.” Jack took the bait. “Like what?” He asked. X.A.N.A.'s grin turned into pure evil glee. “Well,” X.A.N.A. said, “I heard you brought some Sheng Gong Wu that you stole from those monks. I'm interested in a certain one. The Ying-Yang Yo-Yo?”
 
 
Next Time: Pure Evil