Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Nexus Academy ❯ Nexus Academy Graned Prix: End of Preliminaries?! ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Nexus Academy Grande Prix:
End of Preliminaries?!
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I only own the original characters. I do not own characters from TV shows, video games, books, and so on. They are owned by their respective creators.
 
 
A large group of fighters had assembled in the coliseum. “It's been a long tournament.” Homer said. “Not really. We've only had, like, two fights.” Ussop said.
 
We couldn't keep this tournament going all year!” Watanabe Sensei yelled. “Besides, this way the real fights can begin.”
 
“I will use this Holiseum to put you in a maze.” Homer said as he took out the cube. “Here are the rules. 1: If you make it to the center of the maze, you get into the semi-finals. 2: If you are defeated you get kicked out of the tournament and do not move on to the semi-finals. 3: If you're one of the last ones left standing, you get into the tournament. We will only accept four fighters into the semi-finals.”
 
Naruto looked around at all of the fighters that were gathered. “Crap! All of these guys and a bunch of them are ninja! I've got to figure out a way to get into the semi-finals for sure!
 
Homer tossed the Holiseum down onto the ground and jumped into the air. Walls began rising up around the fighters, creating a long, twisting maze. The fighters had all been separated.
 
Perfect.” A-Naruto said. “This tournament gives me an excellent opportunity to do what I want to do.” He took out a kunai knife and smiled. “A-Kenshin's been a liability for too long.”
 
 
 
X.A.N.A. walked along the corridors of the maze nonchalantly. “It's easy to find my way out of this maze. My brain works a thousand times better than a human's does.”
 
He turned around a corner and his jaw dropped to the floor. “A WEENIE ROASTING?!” Bo-BoBo, Poppa Rocks, and Jelly Jiggler were sitting around a fire roasting hot dogs while dressed as Boy Scouts.
 
“Where have you been?” Bo-BoBo said as soon as he saw X.A.N.A. “You're a scout, how could you get lost in the woods?!”
 
“Woods?!” X.A.N.A. said. “We're not in the woods! And I'm not a scout!” Bo-BoBo tsk-tsked him. “You should never leave the campsite without a compass.” He took out what was obviously supposed to be a compass. “THAT'S NOT A COMPASS! IT'S A THERMOMETER!”
 
“Okay, scouts, listen up!” Bo-BoBo said. “It's time to earn our teamwork badge!” They threw off their scout uniforms revealing they had been wearing their normal clothes underneath them.
 
“Teamwork, eh?” X.A.N.A. said. “You humans are all alike. Wasting your energies on petty friendships. You should—.” His sentence was cut short by Bo-BoBo hitting him in the face with Jelly Jiggler.
 
“Shut up! Friendship is the most important thing in the world! With our friends we grow stronger and deal with life's difficulties. It's obvious that… FRIENDS ALWAYS GET IN THE WAY!” Bo-BoBo then proceeded to punch Jelly Jiggler and Poppa Rocks.
 
This guy's a nut job.” X.A.N.A. thought. “All of the research I've done on him makes no sense! What's going on?
 
Bo-BoBo laughed. “You're about to die.” He suddenly said seriously. He exploded. “I don't understand, is there a gas leak in here?” X.A.N.A. asked.
 
“I feel like playing a song.” Bo-BoBo said. “It's one of my favorite songs. It's called, `Happy-Happy, Joy-Joy.'” He took out a record and put it on a vintage record player.
 
“Hello, boys and girls!” The man on the record said. “It's me, Stinky McWhizzlenutter. This is a song… about a quail. No! This is a song… about being happy.”
 
Stinky:
Happy-happy, joy-joy
Happy-happy, joy-joy
Happy-happy, joy-joy
Happy-happy, joy-joy
Happy-happy, joy-joy
Happy-happy, joy-joy
Happy-happy, joy-joy-joy
 
“I don't think you're happy enough.” Stinky said. “That's right; I'll teach you how to be happy. I'll teach your grandmother how to suck eggs!”
 
Stinky:
Happy-happy, joy-joy
Happy-happy, joy-joy
Happy-happy, joy-joy
Happy-happy, joy-joy
Happy-happy, joy-joy
Happy-happy, joy-joy
Happy-happy, joy-joy-joy
 
“If'n you're not the father of all art,” Stinky said, “just look to the little animals in nature. They don't know that they're ugly. That's funny… a fly marrying a bumblebee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me! Why didn't you believe me?!”
 
Stinky:
Happy-happy, joy-joy
Happy-happy, joy-joy
Happy-happy, joy-joy
Happy-happy, joy-joy
Happy-happy, joy-joy
Happy-happy, joy-joy
Happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy-happy
Joy-joy-joy!
 
“Fist of the Nose-Hair!” Bo-BoBo said as his nose-hairs came out. “Ren & Stimpy: the Complete Collection!” His nose-hairs beat X.A.N.A. to a pulp and he teleported away. “X.A.N.A. has been eliminated!” Homer said from outside the maze.
 
 
 
“I hate mazes.” Iso said as he faced a dead end. “Hey! Pretty boy!” Zolo yelled from behind Iso. “It's time to settle that fight we had on our way to this academy.”
 
Iso smiled. “Okay. I've been waiting for this.” He pulled out his silver sword. “Cool Blue…”
 
Zolo readied his swords. He'd seen this attack and knew how to counter it. Then Iso smiled and pulled out the Scimitar of the Crescent Moon as well. “Red Hot… X!”
 
Both swords glowed in their respective colors and Iso sliced Zolo's chest creating an X-shaped explosion.
 
“You always use the powers of your swords and never the sword alone.” Zolo said. “You're not a real swordsman.”
 
Iso growled angrily. “Would you quit it with all this talk of righteousness?” He slid the swords back into their sheathes. “Zolo, I don't use the powers of my swords because I want to; I do it because I have to.
 
“Where I come from, you can't show weakness for a second. You have to use every trick in your arsenal to survive against ogres, demons, robots, insane satellites, evil twin brothers, zombies, avatars, and were-beasts. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
 
“You see if a person wants to keep their honor, their pride, and their life they need to be able to use any skill at any time.” He pulled out the Blade of the Were-King. “And I'm about to use some of those skills.”
 
Zolo thought for a second. He had never thought of it like that. “Well, I guess I'm about to show you my world's version of honor. Oni Giri!” Zolo rushed forward and prepared to slice Iso.
 
“Blade Blocker!” Iso took one of the swords (colored orange) and blocked Zolo's attack. “And now, Savage Black Sweep!” He took the other sword (colored black) and sliced it cutting through Zolo's shirt.
 
How did he do that?” Zolo thought. “It hurts like hell… but I don't see any wound.
 
“When a were-beast hunts, they try to damage the flesh of the prey as little as possible. They designed this sword for that purpose. Its cut sends a sensation to the brain, telling it to feel immense pain in the area of the cut.” Iso smiled. “All I have to do is barely touch you with the sword.”
 
“You haven't noticed yet, have you?” Zolo asked with a smile. Iso raised an eyebrow and looked down to see that Zolo had seriously sliced his leg.
 
“I've been training while I was here.” Zolo said. “Let me show you. Sentoyru… Hiten-Mitsarugi Style… Ryu Giri!”
 
Zolo swept his swords at Iso, who narrowly dodged it. “That was clo—Ahh!” He saw a deep cut in his shoulder. “Okay. That's cool.”
 
“Unfortunately, that was the only Sentoyru Hiten-Mitsarugi Style technique I could create.” Zolo put his swords back into the same stance as before. “But it's effective. Ryu Giri!”
 
As Zolo charged at Iso, he stabbed the orange sword into the ground. “Solid Orange Block!” A wall of energy appeared around Iso blocking the attack. He pulled the sword out of the ground and the shield disappeared.
 
“Okay.” Zolo said with a grin. “This just started getting fun!” He ran towards Iso with his blades ready, and the fight began heating up.
 
 
 
“I'm bored.” Claw said after he had defeated the last of the forty students that had swarmed him.
 
“Oh, I'm sorry, Your Majesty.” Elaine said sarcastically. “I'll go find a hundred enemies for you, next time.”
 
“Guy, calm… calm… achoo! Calm down.” Hiroshima said as he wiped his nose. “We shouldn't be fighting like this.” “How should we be fighting?” Claw asked.
 
“No, I mean we shouldn't be fighting each other.” Hiroshima said. “If we all want to get into the finals, we're going to eliminate the people we don't want to get into the finals with us.”
 
He took out a scroll with pictures of various students on it. “Okay… we don't want A-Naruto. His chakra is at an astounding level. Naruto has less chakra, but it's still way above our level. However, his control is poor so we may be able to beat him if he gets into the finals.”
 
Claw sighed. “There's something about those two… I don't know what it is, but it's like they have an animal locked inside of them. In A-Naruto it's like he is the animal that's inside of him.”
 
“That's not surprising.” Hiroshima said. “I've done my research; Naruto and A-Naruto both have the Nine-Tailed Fox—the Kyubi—who attacked the Village Hidden in the Leaves thirteen years ago, more then that in A-Naruto's world.”
 
“Who are you?” Claw asked. Hiroshima sighed and then sneezed. “Claw, you need to take this seriously; there are a lot of people at this school who are better than us. We need to be stealthy and cunning.”
 
“Hey, ugly!” Claw yelled at Haru when he saw him. “Your mama's so fat… that people… laugh at her… often?” Haru walked right past him without even noticing.
 
“Why do you always have to pick a fight with everyone?!” Elaine asked as she threw a small bomb at Claw. “Elise is right; Claw, you have to be one of the worst ninja ever.”
 
Claw was ignoring them both. “Hey, you! Stupid-heads!” The large swarm of students and teachers all turned to look at him. “Yeah, I'm talking to you! Bring it on, fun-boys!”
 
The mob of fighters charged at the shinobi. “Well, Claw, looks like we found those hundred enemies.” Elaine said. “Sorry if you got ten times what you asked for!”
 
Claw smiled and dropped his bag on the ground. “Let's show these guys what we're made of.” He said eagerly. “88% meat, 10% water, 2% mucus.” Hiroshima said. He sneezed. “Um… 1% mucus.”
 
Claw reached into the bag and pulled out two short daggers and ran into battle. He stabbed them into the shoulders of one opponent and used them to hoist himself up so he could kick another. “This is fun!” He yelled. “Bring on more challengers!”
 
“Claw! Remember what Tsuno-Sensei always says: `Claw, stop acting like an idiot! You'll get yourself killed!'” Hiroshima said as he took out his sword. He leaped on top of an enemy and slashed their face then jumped onto another foe.
 
“He also says, `Hiroshima, try plugging up your nose when you're on a mission!'” Elaine said as she tossed bombs at the attackers. “Your sneezing sounds like a fog-horn!”
 
“At least I'm not always confused for the opposite sex!” Hiroshima said as he kicked away an attacker, spinning around just in time to slice another. “Tsuno-Sensei called you `young man' when we first met! He still does!”
 
Elaine threw one of her bombs at Hiroshima, who sliced it right before it hit him. “Hiro is right, Elaine!” Claw said after he bit one opponent's arm. “You've got a flat chest! And your voice is a little deep for a girl's!”
 
Elaine finally snapped. “I'M GOING TO KILL YOU, TSUME!” Claw gasped. “My name is Claw! How many times do I have to tell you not to call me Tsume?!” Hiroshima laughed. “But, Claw, that is your real name!”
 
Claw ran up behind Hiroshima, grabbed his chin, and began pulling it back. “Shut the hell up, Hiroshima! Now take it back or I'll snap your neck!” “Okay, okay!” Hiroshima said as he made a short sequence of hand-signs. “I'm sorry!” He suddenly disappeared, and was replaced by one of the attackers.
 
Claw smiled. “So that was your plan, huh?” He snapped the attacker's neck and dropped him to the ground. “Okay. I'd say I'm pissed enough to use that jutsu.” He made a long sequence of hand-signs and smiled. “Okay, here I go! Secret Technique…”
 
 
 
 
“Great. I'm out of ammo.” Jango said as he dropped one of his guns to the ground. Hundreds of unconscious students around him disappeared as they were teleported to an infirmary. “Oh, well. I've got others.”
 
“You'll need those… other… things…” A-Kenshin said as he ran up behind Jango. “Nobody can defeat the Batousai; back out now and I'll make it slow and painless.”
 
Jango turned to face his enemy. “Funny, I was just going to say the same thing to you.” He said as he quickly pulled out a gun and pointed it at A-Kenshin. “Though I can't promise you it'll be painless.”
 
Jango fired his gun at A-Kenshin and chuckled. “I've killed Battle-droids that put up more of a fight than that.” He said as he put his gun away and turned around. Then it dawned on him; A-Kenshin hadn't been teleported to the infirmary.
 
With lightning-esque reflexes he spun around pointing his gun back at A-Kenshin. But something was wrong; the spot where A-Kenshin had been was littered with slash-marks. Jango suddenly felt a blade go through his chest.
 
“Like I said; nobody can defeat the Batousai.” A-Kenshin said to himself as he pulled his sword out of Jango and started walking away. “Not bad.” A voice said from behind him. “Of course, it's nothing compared to a Jedi cutting off your head with a light-saber.” Jango was still standing.
 
A-Kenshin's mouth hung open. “T-that's impossible.” He said. “How can you still be alive?” “Two reasons.” Jango said as he pressed his gun up against the back of A-Kenshin's head. “Number 1, your aim was off. That attack missed all of my vital organs. Number 2, you can't kill me because I'm already dead.”
 
Right before he could pull the trigger, two things happened: first, A-Kenshin suddenly spun around and knocked the gun out of his hand. Second, a kunai flew right past his head and lodged itself in A-Kenshin's arm.
 
“You have my thanks, Jango-sensei.” A-Naruto said as he stepped out from the shadows. “If you hadn't distracted him long enough I never would have been able to silence him.” He grabbed the kunai and pulled it out of A-Kenshin's shoulder, then stabbed it into his chest. Unlike A-Kenshin's attack, A-Naruto's strike hit a very important organ.
 
“As much as I would've loved to kill him,” Jango said as he changed his aim to A-Kenshin, “killing isn't exactly allowed in this tournament. You'll be expelled.”
 
A-Naruto grinned as his eyes suddenly changed color to red. “That's exactly why I can't have you blabbing to Headmaster Robins.” His voice had changed. It sounded as if two people were talking at once. “I've silenced plenty of people, Jango-sensei; civilians, spies, and even that idiot Konohamaru. I'm not afraid to add one more person to the list.”
 
Jango quickly shot at A-Naruto. He then reached into one of the bags hanging from his leg armor and pulled a bomb out. He tossed the weapon at A-Naruto and chuckled as it exploded. “Your jutsu don't seem quick enough to keep up with me.” He said.
 
The smoke from the explosion cleared revealing A-Naruto holding up A-Kenshin's body as a shield. “No, they can't keep up.” A-Naruto said as he tossed A-Kenshin at Jango. “Maybe I should go faster.”
 
Jango fired his gun at A-Naruto again but it didn't hit the target; A-Naruto was gone. “Where is—?” His sentence was cut short by A-Naruto's voice. “Fancy Feet!” He was standing right behind Jango.
 
“Like the shoes?” A-Naruto asked as he pointed to his strange sandals. “That idiot Jack Spicer is useful for a few things; this item called the Fancy Feet makes me faster than anything else. That includes your little gun.”
 
Jango tried to spin around to point his gun at A-Naruto. “W-why can't I move?” He asked as he struggled to get free. “The Me and My Shadow Technique.” A-Naruto answered. “I've taken over your shadow; there's nothing you can do without me doing it first.”
 
Jango struggled to get free but with no avail. “I suppose you're frustrated, right?” A-Naruto asked as he reached into his kunai pouch. Jango found himself being forced to mimic A-Naruto's movements, reaching into the pouch that held all of his bombs.
 
“What are you doing?” Jango asked as he and A-Naruto both entered a stance to throw their weapon. “It's like a game of chicken.” A-Naruto said with a grin. “Let's see who ducks first!”
 
He and Jango both tossed their weapons at each other. “They'll hit us both!” Jango yelled as the kunai drew closer to him. “Then I guess we'll meet each other in the next life!” A-Naruto said insanely.
 
As the bomb came within inches of A-Naruto's face he leaned backwards and the bomb hit the wall. “That was close.” Jango said as he began mimicking A-Naruto's dodge. “Now I'll just duck too.” He leaned back… and hit his head against the wall with full force.
 
“Just like that whiny fool Shikamaru at the Chunin exams.” A-Naruto said as he got back up from his dodge. “Idiots always come in handy. Now to finish this idiot off.” He started walking towards Jango.
 
Jango suddenly got up. “Oh, come on.” He said. “I'm wearing a helmet; how would that have knocked me out?” A-Naruto bit his lip angrily. “Stupid!” He thought. “I should have known that wouldn't have knocked him out! Damn. Now I'll have to tap into the Fox's powers…
 
 
 
 
Next Time: Epic Battles in the Maze: A-Naruto's Secrets Revealed!