Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ Crossed Dimension ❯ The Winged Goddess ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter One: The Winged Goddess
 
“You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, but she is beautiful because you love her,”
 
 
“When will we do this project eh? I want to have my hands on that Vesta statue, seriously,” a shoulder-length raven haired guy said crisply. His eyes are somewhat warm yet his actions are cold…I'd say, deadly.
 
 
“Relax Kuroudo, well definitely have that statue and that reward money… trust me!” a guy with a spiky blond hair and fascinatingly jade eyes spoke brightly. He tapped the Kuroudo guy and the guy merely snorted.
 
 
“Hey Ban-chan, Kuroudo-kun is being so mean!!! AWww!!” the blond guy whined like a five-year old boy. He run to the guy called Ban and gets teary-eyed.
 
 
“Holy macaroni, would you stop whining!! It's very disgusting!! Get away from me!!” Ban roared.
 
 
“Aw, I'm just telling you how mean Kuroudo-kun is and you are getting mean too!!! Whatever happened to old good friends??!!” the blond guy wailed.
 
 
“Would you please shut up Ginji, Kuroudo might lose his temper on you!” Ban whispered to Ginji. Ginji looked at Kuroudo and started to get nervous all of a sudden.
 
 
“Hai, Ban-chan! I will, I will!!!”
 
 
 
Hoping to get a nice decent atmosphere, Ban diverted the subject.
 
 
 
“Hey Kuroudo, I was just wondering, don't you wanna get a little strolling on other dimensions??” Ban tentatively asked the creepy guy.
 
 
 
“You're pertaining to Sephiroh aren't you??” Kuroudo stated nonchalantly. Ban nodded vigorously. Kuroudo let out a long deep sigh and spoke in a very bored tone.
 
 
 
“Mido no Baka, you'll get us killed. What will the Congregation of the Elders think if we are to disobey the rules? And besides, we've done so many crimes and nasty underground negotiations… you know,”
 
 
 
“Yeah! It was like when both of you went to Sharaku and stole the Magatama gems and remember when you went to Gaea to smuggle the—”
 
 
 
Ginji didn't have the chance to finish his sentence because he was just thrown away by Ban's fist. Looking more irritated and impatient, Ban spoke once again.
 
 
“Aww, come on, don't be such a kill joy! This will be fun, trust me! I have never tried
going to Sephiroh before, I wanna see if they really do have those legendary wings! The wings of Suzaku,” Ban persuaded Kuroudo.
 
 
 
“Sure all of them have wings, but didn't you know only the noble kinds in Sephiroh have those wings? They're called Seriphians while the lower classes are called Roana. Plus, here's the fact, Messenians like us cannot ever go to that dimension because of the long time feud that's been on for centuries… between Sephiroh and Messenia.”
 
 
“Aww, but I still want to go!!! One fortune teller told me a while ago a certain vision that says—`make haste don't waste, err… about her heart will be yours but you'll mourn, and uh…look ahead don't heed she was born to love you and so are you', that stuff, aww, what does that mean? I hate riddles, but It sure is quite interesting to find out who that `she is',” Ban stated grinning.
 
 
 
“You believe on that fortune nonsense?” Kuroudo asked incuriously. Ban looked at him seriously and nodded, Kuroudo let out a muffled laugh.
 
 
 
“You don't believe me??? How could you!!!” Ban roared getting ready to strangle Kuroudo.
 
 
*~*
“Your majesty, can I … can I … umm,” a lady with a long flowing golden hair stuttered. Her eyes are the deepest shade of emerald. Her lips are a shade of pomegranate and her body has the right curves everywhere. Venus de Milo is nothing compared to her, yet her beauty is unknown to her.
 
 
“How many times do I have to tell you NOT to call me `your majesty'??” the prince scolded the lady, his eyes are very cold yet warm at the same time.
 
 
“Demo…” the lady spoke.
 
 
“Am I or am I not your brother?” he asked. His tone of voice carries an authority.
 
 
“Oh alright,” the lady rolled her eyes in annoyance.
 
 
“Onii-chan your so darn cold!!” the lady raised her hands in frustration and after a moment, laughed softly. The prince smiled a bit.
 
 
“Come here, little sister,” the prince ordered the lady gently.
 
 
“Aww, quit acknowledging me as `little' I'm old now see? I'm 19!!”
 
“Hevn, you're still young for that age ok? Now what do you want to do?”
 
 
 
“What are you, a 75 year old hag? Kidding! Anou, onii-chan Sesshy, can I go to the spring to take a bath?” Hevn pleaded. The prince looked stern and cold all of a sudden. Hevn gulped. The prince finally spoke in a very even tone.
 
 
 
“First, don't you ever call me Sesshy, I have a proper name and that's—”
 
“Yeah, yeah, Sesshoumaru the Prince of Sephiroh, can I go now?”
 
“Secondly, you are NOT permitted to go outside,”
 
“WHY NOT?”
 
 
 
“We have our own bathrooms here in the palace, isn't that enough?” Sesshoumaru said looking irritated.
 
“But I like outdoor bathing!!” Hevn whined.
 
 
 
“There are hundreds of pervert outside our palace ready to molest you, moron,” Sesshoumaru scolded Hevn and smirked tauntingly.
 
 
 
“But …. But… oh please onii-chan, I beg you just let me enjoy the outdoor life! I'll bring my maids ok?” Hevn looked at Sesshoumaru with puppy like eyes, Sesshoumaru looked a bit disgusted and sighed in defeat.
 
 
 
“Alright, just—”
 
 
 
“All right I'm free!! Thanks Sesshy,” Hevn hopped happily and hugged his brother tightly, she waved goodbye and run off to the spring.
 
 
 
“Come back here this instant! I'm not yet done talking to you Hevn!!!”
 
 
 
*~*
“Please Kuropiin, I beg you! I want to go to Sephiroh!!!” Ban pleaded Kuroudo, who at the moment looked emotionless as he tries to cut himself out of boredom.
 
 
 
“Don't ever call me Kuropiin, you're starting to get on my nerves and secondly, we can't go to Sephiroh ok? It's off-limits for us Messenians,”
 
 
 
“Would you stop cutting yourself with that blade? It's so disgusting,” Ginji interrupted. Ban merely pouted and Kuroudo pretended not to hear Ginji's comment.
 
 
 
“Why can't we go to Sephiroh!!!? WHY!!!” Ban questioned once again, obviously irritating Kuroudo.
 
 
“Can I just kill you?”
 
 
“After we go there and after I've search for that `she', I swear we'll go back here please Kurochii!!”
 
 
“You're acting like a child,”
 
 
“I'm still technically called a child eh? I'm just …err… 20,” Ban sweat dropped and sighed in, looking defeated.
 
 
“Midooooooooo no Bakaaaa…. Mido no Baka…...” Ginji chanted causing Ban to get even more annoyed and frustrated.
 
 
“I'll get you for this Ginji just you wait!” Ban raised his fist and started pounding Ginji.
 
“Ita...itai!!! I'm still human you know!” Ginji interjected all of a sudden, Ban raised his brows in confusion.
 
 
 
“Oh, I mean I'm still a messenian with feelings, sorry I got carried away, Gaeans used that expression very often,” Ginji sweatdropped.
 
 
“Your starting to sound and act like a Gaean, that's terrible… is it because of that girl Natsumi the girl who lost her neko-like keychain?” Ban said tauntingly.
 
“Well, yeah a bit, teehee oh before I forgot, didn't you know Messenian silversmiths are so incredible, they make the finest and top class swords and knives in the whole universe!”
 
 
Kuroudo's ears perked up and cast Ginji an interesting look.
 
 
“Come again? What did you just said?”
 
 
“I said, the silversmiths there are like `sugoi!!!' got that? Especially the one called Aya but I heard he's a cranky guy,”
 
“I've heard enough Ginji, come on Ban let's go to Sephiroh,”
 
 
Ban's mouth fell open and stuttered “Hontou desu ka? Are you serious?! But didn't you just said—”
 
 
“I've change my mind. Come on, the portal near Geffen city will open when the sun sets,”
 
 
*~*
“We're here,”
 
 
“Mistress, you should take a bath a bit faster, Prince Sesshoumaru ordered me that you should be brought home before the sun sets,”
 
 
“Who cares about that old hag? Don't pay attention to him and besides, I'm relaxed here you see? Ooh I love the warm feeling of the water here…”
 
 
“Oh but Mistress Hevn….”
 
 
“No buts, and oh, you could go to the towns if you like Himiko, I'm fine by myself here really,”
 
 
“But surely Prince Sesshoumaru would sc—”
 
 
“Nah, he won't lay a hand on you, I guarantee that, now off you go,”
 
 
“Thank you Mistress Hevn, I'll be back real soon,”
 
Unbeknownst Hevn's presence, Ban and Kuroudo landed roughly on the bushes ten meters away from the spring.
 
 
“It hurts! That portal sure is unreliable when it comes to transporting people safely” Ban hissed to no one making Kuroudo snickered abruptly.
 
 
“WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT?”
 
 
“I'm just guessing you're a real idiot… oh let me re-phrase that, I am thinking how long you have been an idiot…”
 
 
“Urusei! I don't wanna hear your filthy excuses,” Ban looked sideways and cursed silently.
 
 
“Well then, I'll be going now, I'm going to go this way to see the silversmith you go and find what or who you want so see yah,”
 
 
“Oi matte!! Darn you Kuroudo… leaving me in a place I don't even know! Gee, it's already sunset here, I don't want to wander here at night, who knows what creatures are living here…”
 
 
Ban walked a minute or two tentatively looking for any unwanted creatures that may attack him when suddenly, was caught off-guard by the sight he saw. A beautiful maiden with long flowing hair and slender body clad with just a piece of white cloth was standing on the waist-deep spring. Ban can't find the words to describe her and keep on gazing at her unknowingly. But Ban was more fascinated on what's behind her back—her magnificent wings fluttering and making slight motions hoping and attempting to fly.
 
 
 
“Darn, my wings are still soaked with water, I can't fly!!” Hevn stomped and pouted which made Ban laughed at her childish actions.
 
 
“Who's there? Show me yourself!” Hevn shouted but it sounded like she squeaked, afraid on whom or what made the noises.
 
 
Suddenly, a huge slimy caterpillar looking monster popped out of nowhere and attempted to attack the maiden Ban saw. Ban jumped high enough to grapple the supposed-to-be neck of the monster and used his snake fist on the monster; it fell unconscious for a while.
 
 
“Daijobou desu ka?” he asked worriedly to the maiden. His eyes never leaving hers, the maiden nodded dumbly and kept looking at those piercing blue eyes that's looking straight at her. Suddenly, she remembered that she's half naked and turned away from the guy. Ban turned around nervously.
 
 
“I-I uh… I'm v-very s-sorry, I didn't mean to take a peek at your gorgeous body, oh I mean uh surely you're a goddess that has just descended here on Sephiroh and—”
 
 
“I'm not a goddess, I'm just a mere Seriphian like anybody else, thank you for saving me,” the maiden softly spoke. However, her voice had a different effect on Ban's ears, as if it was caressing him and soothing him that moment.
 
 
“May I know the young maiden's name please?” Ban turned again and smiled warmly at her. The maiden blushed lightly, but before she even spoke her name, the huge caterpillar woke up and aimed Ban. Ban, being unaware he was, was thrown away forcefully by the caterpillar and slightly injured himself. The monster's attention was diverted by the maiden's shrieked and hit her too, the monster was ready to devour the maiden when suddenly a guy with menacing golden eyes appeared out of thin air, his wings similar to those of the maiden spread wide keeping him away from the water and motioned his right hand towards the monster slowly crushing it mercilessly without even touching it.
 
 
 
“He's incredible,” Ban whispered to himself, slightly awed by the man's power. The man turned to the scared maiden and descended a bit lower. The maiden now flapped her wings and ascended to the man's level and flung her arms around him.
 
“Now that's what your getting on disobeying my word, moron,” the guy spoke, his voice stern yet gentle.
 
 
“I'm sorry Sesshoumaru, I won't do it again I was so scared,” the maiden hugged the man tighter. Ban somewhat felt a twinge of pain inside him. The maiden collapsed all of a sudden and the guy carried her with the outmost care and disappeared in thin air.
 
 
“Who is she?”