Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ Crossed Dimension ❯ The Man with an evil Eye ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Two: The Man with an Evil Eye
 
"In life, we do not know how many loves the Lord will send us, but we do know that one day, he'll send the right one,”
 
 
 
“Have you found what you've been looking for?” Kuroudo spoke from behind startling Ban.
 
 
“Tell me, why the long face Ban? Gotten into any fights a minute ago?”
 
 
“Its' nothing, I'm fine, I think I've found what I've been looking for but well you see I don't know if I'm right,” Ban sighed and stared on the ground for a moment.
 
 
“You see the problem is that you don't have a brain to think which is which so you can't decide if you've really found what you're looking for or just mistaken on what you saw,” Kuroudo shook his head and smirked causing one of Ban's vein to popped in his forehead.
 
 
“Oops, did I hit a nerve? Oh yes I did a very visible one,” Kuroudo smiled and clapped his hands thrice. Ban grimaced.
 
 
“Just shut up, Come on let's go back to Messenia,”
 
 
“You've given up?”
 
 
“No, I'll be back one of these days,” Ban said looking very determined.
 
 
`And I'll claim her as mine,'
 
 
“I'll go with you next time; I haven't found the silversmith Ginji was talking about,”
 
 
“What will you do if you found the silversmith then?”
 
 
“Moron, of course I'll request him to make a sword for me, a sword made from my blood,” Kuroudo smiled while saying it and Ban thought he's walking side by side with a lunatic guy. Ban suddenly shuddered and remembered the day their destiny crossed.
 
 
FLASHBACK
 
A kid 10 years of age looking much disheveled dropped dead on the ground all of a sudden while fighting the beasts from the forest.
 
 
“Obaa-chan someone's in trouble over there, come quick!” a kid with a very messy hair spoke. The old lady gasped at the scene and run to the unconscious kid. She looked for a moment or two at the monsters surrounding them and the monsters suddenly went berserk and run away.
 
 
“You're so cool, Obaa-chan! One look and they run off away from us!” the boy cheered and hopped up merrily.
 
 
“Ban, helped me carry this boy back to our house,” the old lady gently ordered. The boy followed her grandmother's order right ahead. After a couple minutes of walking, Ban settled the boy on a very comfortable futon and the old lady tended his bruises.
 
 
“Wh-where am I?”
 
 
“OH you're awake thank goodness! Obaa-chan and I brought you here,” Ban grinned toothlessly.
 
 
“I'm Ban Mido and you are?”
 
 
“Kuroudo Akabane,”
 
 
“Can I call you Kuropiin???” Ban dared to ask.
 
 
“I'll kill you if spoke my name that way,” he stared straight into Ban's eyes and felt dizzy. Sensing Kuroudo's sudden dizziness, Ban closed his eyes and spoke to Kuroudo.
 
 
“I'm sorry, err… just don't look straight into my eyes, it's not a very nice to look at, Obaa-chan where's my shades?”
 
 
“What's in your eyes? I suddenly felt dizzy,” the boy inquired looking up at Ban's face who at the moment is fixing his shade. After being contented that the shades are in place, he spoke to Kuroudo.
 
 
“Listen Kuropiin, I have inherited a Jagen Eye from obaa-chan and it's pretty dangerous for others to look at it got that?” Kuroudo looked down and nodded. After a moment or so, he mumbled something inaudible.
 
 
“I'm dangerous too you know,”
 
 
“What made you say that?” Ban raised his brows in confusion. He looked at the boy sitting on his futon; on his opinion, the boy certainly looks fine and normal.
 
 
“Coz I have this weird stuffs inside my body,” he took a deep breath and scrunched his face a bit and Ban was dazzled by what he saw. Several knives were protruding on his body and several more are coming out very slowly.
 
 
“You're cool! Hey, starting from now on we now call ourselves `friends' is that alright?”
 
 
END OF FLASHBACK
 
“Deep in thought aren't we?” Kuroudo commented. They've returned safely on Messenia and are walking on the busy streets of Hecuba.
 
 
“I'm just thinking how a scrawny boy like you grew old so strong and insane,”
 
 
“Look who's talking, as if you're not insane yourself,”
 
 
*~*
“Is she feeling well?” Sesshoumaru asked the nurse that was tending Hevn.
 
 
“Y-yes Your Highness, all she needs is a bit of sleep and she'll be fine by the morning,”
 
 
“You may go now; I'll look after her the whole night,”
 
 
Sesshoumaru looked at the gentle and beautiful face of her sister and stroked the side of it; she stirred up and whispered something.
 
 
“I'm sorry… Sesshy,”
 
 
“It's alright; however… don't call me by that name ok? Now sleep well and I'll watch over you the whole night,”
 
 
Morning came and Hevn woke up feeling very energetic. She spread her wings and flew out of her bead looking for her brother.
 
 
“There you are Sesshy! Thanks for tending me last night; you're the best big brother in the whole wide Sephiroh!” Hevn flew straight to Sesshoumaru who was a minute ago sipping his cup of coffee silently now wet with the coffee he just spilled out of shock.
 
 
“Oops, I guess that's my doing, ehehe I'll be going now uh see yah later big bro,” Hevn flew to the nearest door and smartly escaped the now angry prince.
 
 
“HEVN!!! You'll pay for this!!!”
 
 
Ban sighed for the fifth time, looking gloomy and disoriented. He's been on Sephiroh for almost an hour now and he can't see a glimpse of the maiden he saw at the spring.
 
 
“Where could she have gone too?”
 
 
Ban walked a bit more out in the woods and saw, just a hundred meters away from where he is standing, a huge palace made out of huge crystals.
 
 
“Might as well check that palace if she's there,”
 
 
Ban attempted to climb the walls but to no avail he can't. He grew annoyed and cursed loudly. He tried to calm himself down and noticed a guard went outside. An idea suddenly popped into his mind.
 
 
“Umm, excuse me, I'm lost, could you show me the way around here?”
 
 
“Hey you're not from the palace—”
 
 
Ban abruptly punched the guy's stomach and snatched the soldier's clothes. He collected himself and walked inside. One soldier pointed him and asked to come over.
 
 
“Hey you, yes you who else, bring this statue inside the palace and don't you break any parts of it, got that?”
 
 
“H-hai,” Ban answered uneasily.
 
 
“My purpose here is to find that maiden and not to be a slave,” Ban cursed under his breath. He went to the third floor and placed the statue to where it should be and put the other statues on different floors. Ban grew impatient and absent-mindedly punched the wall leaving a very visible ruined mark. He cast a long look at the window and sighed when suddenly, he heard a voice. A soft and soothing voice, just like that maiden's voice.
 
 
Hevn have been absently humming a song she just remembered. She's been thinking about the mysterious guy that saved her from yesterday. She too, was wondering why the guy can't get out of her mind. She sighed hopelessly and sang once more.
 
 
“kimi o kimi o aishiteru
Kokoro de mitsumete iru
Kimi o kimi o shinjiteru
Samui yoru mo…”
 
 
“How are you princess?” a soldier spoke from behind. Hevn turned around and saw him. The guy with those disturbing blue eyes she saw yesterday.
 
 
“Aren't you the guy who—” Hevn started out but was swiftly cut off when Ban held a finger on her lips to stop her from talking.
 
 
“I've been thinking about you for the whole night young maiden,” he said, his voice showing every bit of sincerity, his eyes soft and wandering. Hevn blushed furiously.
 
 
“Strange, I've been wandering about you too just a while ago…” she blushed once more and looked away. Ban held her chin and made her look at him once more. Meanwhile, the guards have discovered Ban's intrusion and are searching for him all over the palace.
 
 
“I'm Mido Ban, can I know your name at least?”
 
 
“I'm Hevn, nice to meet—”
 
 
“THAT'S HIM! Get that trespasser right now and kill him!!!” the guards shouted ready to shoot Ban with arrows and spears. Hevn opened her wings and spread it widely somewhat protecting Ban.
 
 
“You need to get out of this place this instant; my brother will kill you for sure!” Hevn said worriedly. Ban placed his hands on her shoulder and looked at her seriously.
 
 
“Will I ever see you again Hevn?” Ban asked with a tone of desperation and sadness on his voice.
 
 
“I don't know… please get out of here, I'm begging!”
 
 
Ban looked at her for the last time and hugged her. Hevn smiled inwardly and hugged him back too.
 
 
“I'll be back for you! I promise!!!!” Ban shouted as he made a dashed out on the window.
 
 
“And I'll definitely wait for you,”