Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Blessed Day 2 ❯ The ninth month ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The ninth month

'Finally.' THought Kaoru. ' It's the ninth month.'

Kaoru had gotten so big over the past few months that she had thought
she would burst. She couldn't even see her feet anymore. Her due date was in about a week, and she was so excited she could hardly stand it.
Kenshin was excited to, but he was also a nervous wreck. He was always getting everything for her, and worried every time she got up. Kaoru couldn't wait to see
what he did when the baby was born.

'My Kenshin is so sweet.' Thought Kaoru. 'I wonder if the baby will have red hair like his?'

Just then the father to be came inside from doing the laundry. Kenshin smiled at his very pregnant wife. Then suddenly an idea popped into his head.

"Kaoru koiishi why don't we go to the Akabeko for a beef pot, just the two of us?
I have a feeling that we won't be getting much time to ourselves for a while."

He smiled and rubbed Kaoru's stomach and his violet eyes sparkled with happiness. Kaoru smiled at her husband. He could be so romantic sometimes!!!

"That's a great idea Kenshin. I'll just leave a note for Yahiko"

After Kaoru had written the note the happy couple left for the Akabeko.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------

A little while later, just as Kenshin and Kaoru were finishing their beef stew, Kaoru began to feel like she was having a contraction.

"Oh Kenshin I think the baby is going to caome a little early."

"Oro? But the baby is not due for another week."

"No it's going to come now. owww!!!!"

"Orroo!! Miss Tae could you please go to the clinic and summon Miss Megumi or Dr. Gensai to come to the dojo? Kaoru is gong to have the baby now!!"

With that he picked up Kaoru in his arms and ran all the way back to the dojo. Tae ran to the dojo and fetched Megumi and Dr. Gensai.
Sano and Yahiko were standing on the front porch of the dojo when Kenshin came running up with Kaoru in his arms.

"Hey what's going on?" Asked Sano.

"The baby is coming that it is!!!" Shouted Kenshin as he ran by in a blur.

"OH my god!!" Shouted Sano. He started to run to the gate to run to the clinic when Megumi and Dr. Gensai came up.

"Come on fox, Jou-chan is about to burst!!" Shouted Sano.

And with that they all ran inside.