Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Party For Kenshin ❯ A party? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Party for Kenshin
Chapter 1: A Party ?



Kaoru Kamiya was sitting on the front steps of the dojo, the blazing hot sun pounding down upon her, when Sano walked up to the front gate.

"Just in time for lunch I see. You're such a freeloader Sanosuke."

'I have a whole family of freeloaders.' Thought Kaoru.

"Aw come on Jou-chan, you know that ever since I quit the fighter for hire business I haven't got any money to spare. Anyway I've got a proposistion to make, so let's go inside."

As they walked inside Kaoru wondered what Sanosuke was talking about. Usually if he had an idea, it involved her loaning him money.

'Oh well,' she thought. 'I guess I'll find out soon enough.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -
When they got inside, the smell of miso soup and rice balls was in the air.

"Oy, Kenshin, is lunch almost ready?"

"It will be ready in just a moment Sano that it will."

'Kenshin's so handsome, and I love him so much. But how do I tell him?' Thought Kaoru.

"That sure does smell good Kenshin. I can't wait to try some."

"Thank you Miss Kaoru."

"Sure smells better than any of Jou-chan's cooking eh Kenshin?"

"I like Miss Kaoru's cooking that I do."

Kaoru proceeds to beat up Sano with her shinai.

"Oroooooo!!!!!"

"Hey what's going on in here?" Yahiko had just walked into the fray.

"Miss Kaoru is beating Sano to a pulp, that she is."

"Oh, okay."

"Thanks alot Yahiko!!!!"

Kaoru proceeds to beat Yahiko with her shinai.

Kenshin just laughs and "oroos" at the hilarious friends beatng each other up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whrn Kenshin went into the kitchen to get more miso soup, Sano told Kaoru and Yahiko about his plans for the party.

"I really think that this would cheer up Kenshin. But we have to keep it a complete secet. We should invite all of friends here, and all of our friends in Kyoto.'

"That's the best idea you've ever come up with Sanosuke. It sounds fantastic." Said Kaoru.

"Ya I think so to." Said Yahiko.

"Alright it's settled then. Don't worry I'll borrow some money from Katsu to pay for everything." offered Sano.

"I'll tell you what Sanosuke, I'll pay half and you pay half. Deal?"

"I can't refuse that offer. It's a deal missy."

"Shhh you guys Kenshin's coming back in!!!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -

When Kenshin walked back in the room, everyone suddenly got quiet. 'I wonder why they're all quiet all of a sudden? That's strange. They're usually really rowdy, that they are.'

"Hey Kenshin you should cook more often. This is so much better than Jou-chan's cooking."

"Sanosuke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Kenshin smiled at the people who had become his family. Then suddenly a pang hit him in the stomach as if he had just been punched there.

'I might not be alive if it weren't for them. I've always loved them more than my own life. But now I know just how much we need each other. Especially after.....Kyoto. If they hadn't come after me.....'


*** Flashback ***

(Inside the Aoiya in Kyoto, just after the battle with Shishio.)

"I really wish that Kenshin would wake up." said Sano. "I really want to talk to him."

"I hope he wakes up soon too. I really want to make sure we're treating all of his wounds corectly.'

Tears that shone like diamonds fell from Kaoru's eye onto Kenshin's cheek.

(A groan escapes from Kenshin)

"Kenshin?' asks Kaoru.

"Miss Kaoru? Sano? Yahiko?"

"Oh Kenshin yes it's us. I'm so glad you're awake. We've all been so worried." Gasped Kaoru.

"There's no need to worry about me Miss Kaoru. I'll be fine that I will."

"You'll be fine later buddy, but right now you need to rest and relax." said Sano. "I know you're in pain, so try to stop pretending that you're not. You just defeated Shishio for Godssake. You can afford to rest for a long while."

"Yes Kenshin please rest and don't worry about us, we're all fine. Miss Megumi will probably be here in a few minutes to change your bandages and check you over."

'Oh my beautiful Kaoru,' Thought Kenshin. 'I love you so much. Please don't worry yourself over me.'

Kenshin glanced over to the three of them with a worried expression.

"Did Aoshi get back to Misao okay?"

"Yes he came back when Sano brought you back Kenshin. Misao said she couldn't wait to see you. She said that she'll never be able to thank you enough." Said Kaoru.

"What about Saitoh?"

"Unfortunately yes, the moron got back okay." Growled Yahiko.

"And you Sano, you're okay to?"

"Ya Kenshin buddy I'm fine. But we need to get you better, so that we can get back to Tokyo and have a drinking contest. But unlike the battle with Shishio, you'll lose" Sano grinned.

Kenshin tried to laugh but it hurt to much.

"We'll do that very soon Sano that we will."

"We'll I'd better go and tell everyone you're awake Kenshin, they'll all be so glad!!!!" said Kaoru.

Kenshin smiled at his raven haired Kaoru as she ran out of the room.

While all of this is going on Aoshi is standing in the back of the room wondering how a man so severly wounded and in pain can still be worried about everybody else.

'He really is a good man.' thought Aoshi. 'He stopped me from killing myself back in Shishio's layer, even though I had attempted to kill him only a few hours earlier. I think that maybe I've gained a new friend in Kenshin.'

Kenshin then looks over at Aoshi from his futon and smiles at him.

'I think that Aoshi and I can set aside our differences now and become good friends.'

*** End of flashback ***

"Kenshin..... Kenshin. Hello?" said Kaoru.

"Oro?"

"Stop spacing out and eat already. You haven't touched a thing."

"Oh sorry everyone. I guess I just got lost in my thoughts."

Kenshin smiled at this family of his and began to eat.