Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Party For Kenshin ❯ Surprise!!!! The party begins!!! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A party for Kenshin
Chapter 2: Surprise!!!

All of the plans were made, all of the food bought, and excitement
hung in the air much like a child waiting for Christmas morning.
The plan was for Kenshin to go to the market to buy some tofu and run other errands whil everyone arrived and setup.
Then when Kenshin opened the door everyone would scream surprise and jump out from their hiding places.


'I just hope everything goes as planned .' thought Kaoru.

"Miss Kaoru, I'm going to the market, I'll be back in a couple of hours that I will.

"Okay Kenshin I'll see you later."

"Yahiko set up those tables. Sanosuke, start bringing the food in, and don't you dare eat any of it!!"

"Yes maa'm Kaoru!!!" They said in unison.

Kaoru went outside on the porch to greet the guests. It was a bright and sunny day
with just a hint of a breeze. It was the perfect day for the perfect party.

'I sure hope Kenshin likes it.' thought Kaoru.

Then Dr. Gensai, Ayame, and Suzume all walked up to the front gate.

"Well hello there Kaoru- chan. Is everything ready?"

"Just about. We're just finishing setting up."

"Is Uncle Ken going to be very surprised?" asked Ayame and Suzume.

"I'm sure he will be very surprised."

"Oh we can't wait!!!" Chanted the two little girls.

A few minutes later Megumi came to the gate.

"Hi Kaoru. I came a little early to help you set up. I didn't think the chickenhead and Yahiko
could handle it."

"Well hey there fox." Said Sano.

"For the ten millionth time Sanosuke Sagara, I'm not a fox!!!!"

Then all of a suden there came a high pitched yelling.

"Oh come on Aoshi, Gramps or we'll be late!!! Oh wow I can't wait to surprise Himura!!! Aw come on you guys are so sloww!!!"

"Oh look it's the weasel girl, the crazy old man, and old ice blue eyes." Said Sano.

"Come on Sanosuke let's go inside and set up." Said Megumi.

Misao, Aoshi and Okina reach the gate.

"Well hi there Misao, Aoshi, Okina. Glad to see you made it.'

"Oh wow hi Kaoru!! I'm so excited about this party. Aren't you Aoshi? Huh huh?"

"Yes."

"I know I am." Said Okina. "Hope you bought lots of sake. Hahaha!!!"

'Meep. Sake and Okina don't mix. But then again sake and I don't mix either.' Thought Kaoru.

An hour later.....

"Oooo I'm going to kill Hiko if he's late. Kenshin could be back any second."

Kaoru then heard footsteps coming very slowly towards her.

"Well It's about time Sejuro Hiko thirtennth master of the Hiten Nitsurugi style. You were almost
late. Come on hurry up!!!"

"I'll come at my own pace Kaoru, So a party for my baka deshi. A perfect chance for me to embarass him immensly.
Don't get me wrong he deserves this after all he went through. But I can't help muself."

"Well come in Hiko. Kenshin will be here any minute."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------< br />
When Kenshin walked up tho the dojo everything was completely quiet. The birds weren't
even singing. There didn't seem to be a single living soul outside the dojo. Nor could Kenshin hear any noise coming from inside the dojo.
It also seemed that all the lights inside the dojo were out.

"This is very strange.' said Kenshin. 'I'd better go inside and make sure everything is okay, that I should."

Kenshin flicked his reverse blade sword out of the sheath just to be safe. He opened the door tho the dojo.
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -

"Shhhh everybody I think I heard Kenshin open the door." Said Kaoru.

"Oh I think I hear him coming towards this room!!!" Squealed Misao.

"Shhhh!!!!"

Everyone heard footsteps coming towards them and immediatley went quiet.

"Miss Kaoru? Yahiko?"

Kenshin slid open the door.

"Surprise, Kenshin!!!!!!!!!"

"Oroo!!!!"

Kenshin dropped his sword and it clattered to the floor.

Everyone came out from behind their hiding places.

"Surprise Kenshin!!!" everyone said again. "Do you like it?"

"I don't really know what to say that I don't. I'm very honored that I am."

"Alright Kenshin, buddy this party's all for you, so let's party on!!!!!" yelled Sano.

"We thought that after Kyoto you could use a party to show how much we love and support you Kenshin!!!" Blushed
Kaoru.

"Himura, it's great to see you again. Let's party!!!" Screeched Misao.

"I think this is the perfect time to tell all of the embarrasing stories I know about you my baka deshi."

"Shishou!!!"

"Haha. Okay I'll wait until I have so much sake in me that I remember even more stories. Don't you agree Kenshin?"

"Oroooo!!!!"

"Uncle Ken, Uncle Ken are you very surprised?" asked Ayame and Suzume.

"Yes I am very surprised that I am."

"We love you Uncle Ken!!!"

Ayame and Suzume hug Kenshin.

"I love you to that I do."

Kenshin then hugs them back.

Then everybody procceeds to dig into every food dish near them.

"Hey Sano remember that drinking contest you promised me back in Kyoto?" Said Kenshin.

"Of course how could I forget?"

"Let's go to it!!!" Said Kenshin.

Both Kenshin and Sano grab huge jugs of sake and begin to chug them down. After a very long time, Kenshin's eyes begin to water, and he gives up.

"I think you beat me Sano, that you did."

"Like I said before Kenshin buddy, it's not like you to lose."

Meanwhile Hiko had somehow managed to down about six bottles of sake and was telling everybody about the last time Kenshin wet the bed when he was about eight years old.
Kenshin was trying to stop him, but was not making any progress. Then to everyone's immense surprise, Aoshi was found in the corner with a bottle of sake.

"Uh, Aoshi since when did you drink sake?" Questioned Misao.

"And what, may I ask, is the matter with my drinking sake Misao?"

"Nothing... It's just I've never seen you drink it before. That's all."

"Well Misao darling, I quite enjoy the taste of a bit of sake."

'Oh wow, he called me darling. But that might have something to do eith how much sake he's been drinking, but still...' Thought Misao.

"Wow who'd ever thought we'd see old Ice blue eyes get drunk." Said Sano.

"I certainly didn't." Said Kenshin

"Me either said Yahiko.

"I don't think Icicle is the only one who's had to much sake tonight." Said Megumi.

They all loked over at Okina and Dr. Gensai, who had proceded to have a drinking contest.

"Two old men having a drinking contest, now that's scary." Said Misao.

"I win, no I win." Both men had started arguing over who the winner was.

Then both men went swirly eyed and fainted. Then Ayame and Suzume began to draw on the two men's faces.

"Oh my it looks like Kaoru can't hold her sake either." Said Megumi.

Kaoru's face had become very red and she was very giddy and had started hanging all over Kenshin. She was busy
telling him how she couldn't cook, wasn't pretty, and how her only talent was swwordsmanship.

"You shouldn't be so down on yourself Miss Kaoru, that you should not."

"Kenshin you're such a jerk!!!" Kaoru begins to beat up Kenshin with her shinai.

"Sir Ken you Shouldn't let her beat you up just beacause she's drunk. What she really wants to do is to tell you how much
she loves you, and that she's always loved you. But she can't because she's such a sweaty little girl." Smirked Megumi.

"Miss Megumi!!!" Screeched Kaoru.

Kaoru and Megumi begin yelling and arguing with each other.

Meanwhile Yahiko and Misao were trying to sort out a completely messed up Aoshi.

"Aoshi what's the matter with you? Snap out of it already!!!" yelled Misao.

"Ya come on Aoshi, you're acting like an idiot." Said Yahiko.

"Aw come on Yahiko, have a drink."

Aoshi forces some sake down Yahiko's throat.

"Ow wow I feel really dizzy..."

Yahiko then passes out.

"Oh. Guess the kid can't hold his sake ." Said Aoshi.

"Misao darking why don't you come and join me in some sake..."

"Meep."

While Sano and Kenshin were trying to calm Kaoru and Megumi down, Kaoru had somehow managed to get a hold of Kenshin's reverse blade sword.

"Oh wow that's really scary. Stay away from Jou-chan." Warned Sano.

"You should put that down Miss Kaoru, that you should."

"Oh but Kenshin you don't want to spoil my fun do you?"

"Kenshin please get that thing away from Jou-chan. Dam. Women really are scary .
especially when they're drunk.

'What a party this is turning out to be. It certainly is cheering me up that it is.' Thought Kenshin happily.