Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Rurouni's Musings ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I don't own Rurouni Kenshin or “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” by Green Day. I wrote this because I really didn't want to work on my other stories but I really wanted to write. Reviews are welcome, flames mean more s'mores!!!
 
I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone
I can't believe that it has been ten years… I've been a lonely rurouni, traveling all of Japan for all of these years. It seems as if these years have lasted an eternity, following those lonely roads, trying to figure out where they go. I've never known where the roads go, but it's all I know.

I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
and I'm the only one and I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk a...
Years ago I dreamt that I would be one to liberate Japan from the clutches of the Shogun. Little did I know that the same tyranny would exist, the only difference is the face. Every time I come to the different cities, it seems as if I'm the only one there, as if everyone is asleep and I am left to my thoughts. I walk on alone on the Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone
 
For all of these years, it seems as if my shadow is my only company. Once I had a friend, someone who understood me. Tomoe, but she's dead now, I killed her. Now I can't let anyone get close to me. I am a manslayer, I have killed so many. There is nothing stopping me from doing it again. Even if I'm lonely, I can't do that to someone else.

Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Aaah-ah,
Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Ah-ah

I'm walking down the line
That divides me somewhere in my mind
On the border line
Of the edge and where I walk alone
I killed so many people; I could never risk killing someone again. There is a difference between the rurouni I am now and the manslayer I was. Sometimes, though, I feel as if I could slip back into that life. The line between the two is so narrow, that I walk along it all alone.

Read between the lines
What's f----d up and everything's alright
Check my vital signs
To know I'm still alive and I walk alone
I seem to move as if I'm programmed to do this. Everyone seems to think that everything is alright. I would give anything to have someone look closer. I'm not alright. This world we live in, the era that swords created; now bans them, and yet it seems as if no one wants to admit it. Swords are weapons designed only to kill, and it seems as if the revolution never ended.

I walk alone
I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk a...

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone

Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Aaah-ah
Ah-ah, Ah-ah
Ever since I came into Tokyo, something has been up. The Battousai has emerged, and yet it isn't me. He's been killing people at night. He is using my name and I must stop him. Though I no longer go by that name, I cannot allow anyone to go by that name.

I walk alone
I walk a...

I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
And I'm the only one and I walk a...
Last night, I was walking through the streets, trying to find my way out of town, when a young woman ran up to me and called me the Battousai. I was shocked to say the least, she was a rather good looking girl and she was out alone so late. I had been under the impression that I was the only one awake.
 
She threatened me before attacking. I easily evaded her attack. Then she asked me about my sakabato. It was then that we saw the man pretending to be Battousai. The young woman headed toward him, probably trying to get him. Her attack failed, and I had to rescue her. The young lady showed a lot of spark, she didn't like me rescuing her one bit.
 
For some strange reason, I felt attracted to her. She seemed to have made up her mind long before and she wouldn't give up. I might stay here a while, just to see what she is like.

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone...
 
It has been a few months since the incident with Kaoru and the fake Battousai. Now we have two new additions to the dojo, Sanosuke and Yahiko. I've grown accustomed to living here and I am starting to enjoy it. Now it seems as if I won't have to walk alone again for a while. For the first time in ten years, I feel at home.
 
A/N: I know I really should be working on my other fics but I really didn't want to and this is the only way I can really write without getting yelled at by Ohkami. I'll probably have more songfics out soon. Well, hope you all like.